[VRR][B-SPEC] 2017 Coca-Cola Truck Series

• Thread starter amaterasu
  • 375 comments
I, too, am hoping for the best for Steph. My heart surely goes out to her in whatever tough times being experienced.

#10 Started 4th finished 23rd
#50 Started 16th finished 26th
#57 Started 18th finished 8th
#2 Started 19th finished 19th

After just 11 laps 3 out of four of the Swift Autosport drivers saw themselves getting involved with a very early race "big one" that would take them out of the race. The #57 team was the only team left to represent Swift Autosport in the race. With 2 laps to go Maximillian Beckenbauer found himself in the first position but coming off of turn four he would fall back to the 8th position. Leading Swift Autosport to their first top 10 in the truck series.

From outside the infield care center:
Kaitlyn Vincie: I'm here with Kristian Hannegan driver of the #50 Logan's Roadhouse Ford. Kristian what happened?
KH: Not really sure. I thought we all settled down but i guess not. I just feel bad for the team. We had a really good car, qualified mid-pack, just wish we could have ran a little longer.
KV: Thanks Kristian. Sorry about the bad luck. Hopefully we'll see you next week in Calder Park.
KH: Thank you. *Walks back to trailer*
KV: Very sad day for the #50 team. Back to you guys in the booth.

For those wondering, I'm still alive. @tbwhhs has Calder and Motegi, but if they aren't up by the end of the month, I'll just post the raw text results. Also, big changes for the series in 2018 coming so stay tuned for that.

First, glad to see you back.

Second, I will upload Calder tomorrow night and Motegi either Wednesday or Thursday. I'm sorry for the delay, but I've had the flu for the past two weeks.

HELL YEAH!!!!! Great job everyone!

Well we did recently good, we just missed the strategy by a lap. Happy to race at Motegi without a mass of track shenanigans, even if they were replaced with driver shenanigans. Congrats to the winner, they had a decent truck, and a turn of fate allowed her to take the win.

Not sure if anyone is doing points but if no one is, here they are after their respective races:

1st - Matheus Michelin - 25
2nd - Stephanie Porter-Kelley - 18
3rd - B.K. Glover - 15
4th - Hugo Del Prete - 12
5th - Juan Delgado - 10
6th - Cliff Lagueux - 8
7th - Nico Costa-Monteiro - 6
8th - Maximillian Beckenbauer - 4
9th - Yolanda Squatpump - 2
10th - Evangeline Porter - 1
11th - Emiliano Canapino - 0
12th - Kevin Ritter - 0
13th - Pedro Harsk - 0
14th - Sebastian Devereux - 0
15th - Aaron Shepard - 0
16th - Jamie Neild - 0
17th - Jacob Descoteau - 0
18th - Sakura Ishibashi - 0
19th - Michael Rogers - 0
20th - Jerome Torres - 0
21st - Ronald Hahn - 0
22nd - Logan Gray - 0
23rd - Mohammad Ahmed - 0
24th - Camyron Jackson - 0
25th - Miharu Ishibashi - 0
26th - Kristian Hannegan - 0

1st - B.K. Glover - 40
2nd - Matheus Michelin - 25
3rd - Stephanie Porter-Kelley - 18
4th - Kristian Hannegan - 18
5th - Aaron Shepard - 15
6th - Camyron Jackson - 12
7th - Hugo Del Prete - 12
8th - Yolanda Squatpump - 10
9th - Juan Delgado - 10
10th - Ronald Hahn - 10
11th - Cliff Lagueux - 8
12th - Nico Costa-Monteiro - 8
13th - Pedro Harsk - 6
14th - Kevin Ritter - 4
15th - Maximillian Beckenbauer - 4
16th - Jacob Descoteau - 1
17th - Evangeline Porter - 1
18th - Emiliano Canapino - 0
19th - Sebastian Devereux - 0
20th - Jamie Neild - 0
21st - Sakura Ishibashi - 0
22nd - Michael Rogers - 0
23rd - Jerome Torres - 0
24th - Logan Gray - 0
25th - Mohammad Ahmed - 0
26th - Miharu Ishibashi - 0

1st - B.K. Glover - 40
2nd - Kristian Hannegan - 33
3rd - Jamie Neild - 25
4th - Matheus Michelin - 25
5th - Camyron Jackson - 20
6th - Emiliano Canapino - 18
7th - Stephanie Porter-Kelley - 18
8th - Aaron Shepard - 15
9th - Mohammad Ahmed - 12
10th - Hugo Del Prete - 12
11th - Jerome Torres - 10
12th - Yolanda Squatpump - 10
13th - Juan Delgado - 10
14th - Ronald Hahn - 10
15th - Cliff Lagueux - 10
16th - Kevin Ritter - 8
17th - Nico Costa-Monteiro - 8
18th - Michael Rogers - 6
19th - Pedro Harsk - 6
20th - Maximillian Beckenbauer - 4
21st - Jacob Descoteau - 2
22nd - Evangeline Porter - 1
23rd - Sebastian Devereux - 0
24th - Sakura Ishibashi - 0
25th - Logan Gray - 0

In case anyone is curious, the tie breaker I use is the finishing order of the race. If two people have the same number of points, their position in the race (assuming no post race penalties are handed out) are what determines the position in the standings.

#50 Started 11th Finished: 2nd
#57 Started 16th Finished: 18th
#10 Started 20th Finished: 11th
#2 Started 23rd Finished: 15th

Seth Smith: I'm so excited to have the teams youngest driver get the first podium finish of his professional racing career. I'm also very happy to see all of my drivers finish the race without any major incidents. It's a shame that Mohammad Ahmed couldn't find the extra speed he needed to snag the final points paying position. But he did everything he could to try and get that spot. Hopefully we'll have even better results next week in Motegi.

Kaitlyn Vincie: I'm here with the driver of the #50 Logan's Roadhouse Ford, Kristian Hannegan. Kristian great race today out there. You come home second place today. How are you feeling right now?
Kristian Hannegan: Oh man, this is crazy. If you would have told me last year that I'd be racing for one of top teams in the series, and finishing second in my second start, I would have called you a 🤬 liar.
KV: Anyone you'd like to thank?
KH: I'd like to start by thanking Swift Autosport, and Seth Smith for giving me such a great opportunity. I'd like to thank my sponsors Logan's Roadhouse, Bandit Industries, Goodyear, and Red Bull.
KV: Thank you Kristian for talking with us, and good luck next week in Motegi.
KH: No problem. See you next week.

#57 Started 3rd Finished: 12th
#50 Started 7th Finished: 3rd
#2 Started 19th Finished: 7th
#10 Started 26th Finished: 4th

Seth Smith: I'm just happy we got through today. Its been a long race for everyone on the team. I'm happy to see Michael Rogers, and Mohammad Ahmed finish inside of the top 10 and get some points. I'm once again very happy for Kristian on getting another podium. Hopefully he and the rest of the team can carry that momentum for the rest of the season.

Kaitlyn Vincie: Another great finish by the young rookie out of Ireland, Kristian Hannegan. Another podium finish this week here in Motegi. How you feeling?
Kristian Hannegan: Feels great! I'm extremely happy for my Swift Autosport team. Two podium finishes in the first three weeks. I can't wait to see what Homestead-Miami Speedway has in-store for us next week.
KV: After three weeks you're sitting 2nd in points, 7 points behind points leader B.K. Glover. What's going through your mind going into next week?
KH: Honestly I'm not worried to much about it. There's a lot of racing left on the season. A lot can happen.
KV: Well we wish you best of luck, and thank you for taking the time to talk with me. I'll let you get back to your team now.
KH: No probelm. *Sips on Red Bull Water Bottle and walks away*
KV: There we have it Kristian Hannegan, looking forward to next week but none to worried about competitor, and Ford partner B.K. Glover. Back to you guys in the booth.

Not sure if anyone is doing points but if no one is, here they are after their respective races:

1st - Matheus Michelin - 25
2nd - Stephanie Porter-Kelley - 18
3rd - B.K. Glover - 15
4th - Hugo Del Prete - 12
5th - Juan Delgado - 10
6th - Cliff Lagueux - 8
7th - Nico Costa-Monteiro - 6
8th - Maximillian Beckenbauer - 4
9th - Yolanda Squatpump - 2
10th - Evangeline Porter - 1
11th - Emiliano Canapino - 0
12th - Kevin Ritter - 0
13th - Pedro Harsk - 0
14th - Sebastian Devereux - 0
15th - Aaron Shepard - 0
16th - Jamie Neild - 0
17th - Jacob Descoteau - 0
18th - Sakura Ishibashi - 0
19th - Michael Rogers - 0
20th - Jerome Torres - 0
21st - Ronald Hahn - 0
22nd - Logan Gray - 0
23rd - Mohammad Ahmed - 0
24th - Camyron Jackson - 0
25th - Miharu Ishibashi - 0
26th - Kristian Hannegan - 0

1st - B.K. Glover - 40
2nd - Matheus Michelin - 25
3rd - Stephanie Porter-Kelley - 18
4th - Kristian Hannegan - 18
5th - Aaron Shepard - 15
6th - Camyron Jackson - 12
7th - Hugo Del Prete - 12
8th - Yolanda Squatpump - 10
9th - Juan Delgado - 10
10th - Ronald Hahn - 10
11th - Cliff Lagueux - 8
12th - Nico Costa-Monteiro - 8
13th - Pedro Harsk - 6
14th - Kevin Ritter - 4
15th - Maximillian Beckenbauer - 4
16th - Jacob Descoteau - 1
17th - Evangeline Porter - 1
18th - Emiliano Canapino - 0
19th - Sebastian Devereux - 0
20th - Jamie Neild - 0
21st - Sakura Ishibashi - 0
22nd - Michael Rogers - 0
23rd - Jerome Torres - 0
24th - Logan Gray - 0
25th - Mohammad Ahmed - 0

1st - B.K. Glover - 40
2nd - Kristian Hannegan - 33
3rd - Jamie Neild - 25
4th - Matheus Michelin - 25
5th - Camyron Jackson - 20
6th - Emiliano Canapino - 18
7th - Stephanie Porter-Kelley - 18
8th - Aaron Shepard - 15
9th - Mohammad Ahmed - 12
10th - Hugo Del Prete - 12
11th - Jerome Torres - 10
12th - Yolanda Squatpump - 10
13th - Juan Delgado - 10
14th - Ronald Hahn - 10
15th - Cliff Lagueux - 10
16th - Kevin Ritter - 8
17th - Nico Costa-Monteiro - 8
18th - Michael Rogers - 6
19th - Pedro Harsk - 6
20th - Maximillian Beckenbauer - 4
21st - Jacob Descoteau - 2
22nd - Evangeline Porter - 1
23rd - Sebastian Devereux - 0
24th - Sakura Ishibashi - 0
25th - Logan Gray - 0

In case anyone is curious, the tie breaker I use is the finishing order of the race. If two people have the same number of points, their position in the race (assuming no post race penalties are handed out) are what determines the position in the standings.
Tie breakers are best finishing position and how early in the season they achieved that result.

Tie breakers are best finishing position and how early in the season they achieved that result.

I'm not really sure how to factor that in but ok, I guess I need to figure that.

I'm not really sure how to factor that in but ok, I guess I need to figure that.
It's a non factor unless there's several people tied with the same number of points. Best result achieved is the first tiebreaker. If the drivers involved in the tie both have the same best result, then it goes back to when they achieved that result. I've got that part covered, I just never got around to posting the points standings. Your standings are still correct.

Update on the series. I haven't forgotten about it. Several races have been run and I'm in the process of putting them on Mediafire for @tbwhhs to do his magic with them. Been working on 2018 as well, and I am now ready to make this announcement...

For 2018, I will not be running a truck series. Next year, I will be running the Coca-Cola Championship Series, a touring car series on NR2003. Debating using either the Brazilian Stock Cars or the V8 Supercars at the moment, but the series will be limited to 26 entries, and will have schedule clashes with the VRR IndyCar World Series, which means everyone participating will have to avoid using drivers they have registered there. Calendar is set to 10 events and two tests. Race weekends will either be a single 150 kilometer race or two 100 kilometer races. Everyone's opinions?

For 2018, I will not be running a truck series. Next year, I will be running the Coca-Cola Championship Series, a touring car series on NR2003. Debating using either the Brazilian Stock Cars or the V8 Supercars at the moment, but the series will be limited to 26 entries, and will have schedule clashes with the VRR IndyCar World Series, which means everyone participating will have to avoid using drivers they have registered there. Calendar is set to 10 events and two tests. Race weekends will either be a single 150 kilometer race or two 100 kilometer races. Everyone's opinions?
Hmmm...well, the V8s have been talked about before but never got going. BSCs...look interesting.

I don't know. I think I'd need to see what they look like in action. Regardless, I'll look to enter in some capacity.

Back