[VRR] B-Spec Space

What would you want to see VRR host for another B-Spec Series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Is this acceptable?

jk.png

Is this acceptable?

jk.png

Not sure if you are posting that in the right place, Harsk. Acceptable for what, exactly?

Anywho, it seems that progress on my car livery is advancing far quicker that I thought. I won't spill the beans just yet, I prefer teasing people first... :sly:

V8 teaser.png

(I have no Carviewer files for now, so this'll have to do. Also, try to guess where I took the idea for that hashtag, I dare you... :mischievous: :lol:)

And here's the official entry list from me;

Team Christie Upton-Holden
Primary Sponsors:
Bandai Namco Games, TBD
#76: Nico (not Niko ;)) Costa-Monteiro/POR/1-12

For the car body's sides, Niku.

Well, it's fine by me. What you need to have on the car is your driver number, in the side of the car, the hood (in a smaller size on the left side of the hood), and on the roof of the car. Other than that, as long as it doesn't break any AUP rules, it's fine.

And here's what I got. It's still far from done. I'll keep tweaking it until it looks perfect in my eyes.

View attachment 432136

There's some problems with the mod. The models are lazily done, I feel, as the left side of the car gets kind of warped on track, and the left rear fender doesn't line up well. I'm okay with it, the camera doesn't get to close to the cars, anyways. :P

I don't think NR2003 is the right game for V8 Supercars because of the quality of the mod. My 2 cents. Unless I have the wrong mod or something's up on my end.
????????????...And you came to me for the Beemer....Why?

I have returned home and got situated again. I'm not accepting paint schemes just yet since I might be switching from NR2003 to GTR2. If that is the case, it should be loads better quality and entries can be transferred.

I have returned home and got situated again. I'm not accepting paint schemes just yet since I might be switching from NR2003 to GTR2. If that is the case, it should be loads better quality and entries can be transferred.
MRW I already painted a scheme that I thought was rather good
michael-scott-no.gif

Boy, ANOTHER change? I might as well hold any existing horses for now, since you're already considering changing games this time around... And I don't even know if the templates do not have differences between said games, which doesn't help. I'm like Jahgee on the grounds that I have a livery finished, and it actually looks nice (for something I made at least).

Boy, ANOTHER change? I might as well hold any existing horses for now, since you're already considering changing games this time around... And I don't even know if the templates do not have differences between said games, which doesn't help. I'm like Jahgee on the grounds that I have a livery finished, and it actually looks nice (for something I made at least).
Let me explain the reasoning for that. NR2003 is a great game when you have the mods to make it that way. Track selection is above par and it's all community fed. But for what I'm trying to do, it won't look good. I had two options on the table, a Formula 1 series and a touring car series. Fast forward a month and it's becoming apparent that neither are going to work on NR2003. No standing starts and below par quality car mods. GTR2 doesn't have that problem. It's foreign to me, but all of this B-Spec stuff is anyways so what's new? Angel wants to use this as bit of an experimental series as to what will work and what won't. It's behind closed door politics that everyone that hosts a VRR series will have to manage. She wants the best for everyone, I want the best for the series, and in this case, the best isn't in NR2003.

Let me explain the reasoning for that. NR2003 is a great game when you have the mods to make it that way. Track selection is above par and it's all community fed. But for what I'm trying to do, it won't look good. I had two options on the table, a Formula 1 series and a touring car series. Fast forward a month and it's becoming apparent that neither are going to work on NR2003. No standing starts and below par quality car mods. GTR2 doesn't have that problem. It's foreign to me, but all of this B-Spec stuff is anyways so what's new? Angel wants to use this as bit of an experimental series as to what will work and what won't. It's behind closed door politics that everyone that hosts a VRR series will have to manage. She wants the best for everyone, I want the best for the series, and in this case, the best isn't in NR2003.

jim-carrey-meme.jpg

Very well, and fair enough. I have no clue as to how the "behind closed door politics" work within VRR, so I will not try to predict anything in that regard. If the best possible path for an experimental series such as this one has to move away from NR2003, then so be it. If the mod quality improves by moving to GTR2, and provides the right conditions for a touring car racing series, then as long as it can still provide people with good quality racing it's fine and dandy to me. I am aware of the existence of a Super Touring car mod for the game (created by one of GTP's members if my memory is not failing me), so you can also consider that one if you're still having doubts about the usage of V8 cars.

And since you're new to this B-Spec series malarkey, then all these experiences will surely act as a very useful learning experience for you. Nothing wrong with learning experiences, correct?

The good thing is you have someone who's got the experience of running a series on that platform so there's a wealth of advice available to you.

Went for what I thought would be the simplest since some of us already had templates from it.

Trans Am sounds interesting... Do you know what cars are in the mod, Kuni?

Back