[VRR] B-Spec Space

What would you want to see VRR host for another B-Spec Series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I would suggest rFactor for this seeing as it seems to be the least utilized platform for these b-Spec series AND it has many mods (including several V8 Supercar mods), but it appears GTR2 and NR2003 is the easiest for everyone so I won't mess with that.
I don't like rFactor when it comes to B-Spec racing. Mods are great but the lack of AI control kills it. I'm too cheap for GTR2 so all that's left is NR2003. The mod, as pointed out, is not the best quality, but the racing is great from a entertainment perspective and the paint template is easier than any of the open wheel mods, so it works.

FEMNSR Announces Participation in VRR ITCS
(Shiga Prefecture, Japan) - One of the first teams to publicly announce their participation in the International Touring Car Series was Far Eastern Magic Nap Society Racing, a rather interesting team which headquarters in Japan.

Rumors of Autobacs Racing Team America had circulated around the racing world as they were supposedly poised to join the ITCS. Interest waned throughout the off-season as they concentrated efforts on the GTPlanet Fantasy Series, adding a 3rd driver. However, a privateer team in Japan volunteered to help out race on the international scale. Although ARTA found the party questionable, they agreed to form a partnership.

The drivers that will race for Far Eastern Magic Nap Society Racing are Otsu's own Makoto Isshiki and Yuuta Togashi, two very young drivers with their experience unknown to the racing world. The cars in question are V8 Supercar spec Nissan Altimas, with the engines developed in-house inside an once was school building transformed into a racing shop.

Sponsors on board for the 2016 season are Autobacs, a Japanese autoparts store, and Banamex, a Mexican branch of the Citigroup. Other partnerships include Tecate, Yokomo RC Vehicles, Adidas, Motul, Orient Watches, NGK, Fujifilm, and a local school club, aptly named Far Eastern Magic Nap Society of Summer.

Team Director Shinka Nibutani had some words about the enthusiasm coming into the 2016 season.

"I'm very ... errr... excit-ed ... ? ...for our 'drivers' this year. We prepared them by sticking them onto Gran Turismo and logging a few laps around Mount Panorama...though I don't think that's part of the schedule? ... Oh well, I think we're going to do just fine. I promise ... I mean we could just take out the other drivers, right?

What I think we need to work on is team chemistry, because that is non-existan-I mean team chemistry is fantastic!!"

"What I'm really excited about is that Team Kate Upton doesn't even have a trailer yet! So at least we're not totally unprepared!!"

We also asked about the ARTA and sponsor partnerships.

"We were bored and decided to build a race team, so we just approached this really Mexican looking guy and a hunk of a Kiwi, and we asked for cars and we got them. Oh yeah ... sponsors ... that ... well Autobacs gave some good money...that other company gave us huge stacks and some other things...might be a cartel or something. Nothing good ever comes out of Mexico these days ... I'm kidding, okay?"

Rather surprisingly, the team's engineer was former Red Bull Racing's own Adrian Newey, who was desperate to get into a racing series where he could break many rules.

"This car? Totally legal! Just trust me! There's no fans or weird downforce or anything..."

Other engineers, Takanashi and Dekomori, were not available for interview, as they stated that they had important things to do, like scribbling Sharpies on the other team's cars and annoying the Team Director.

UPDATE- The reporter was recommended for a vacation and consistent sessions of therapy after interviewing the team.

I don't like rFactor when it comes to B-Spec racing. Mods are great but the lack of AI control kills it. I'm too cheap for GTR2 so all that's left is NR2003. The mod, as pointed out, is not the best quality, but the racing is great from a entertainment perspective and the paint template is easier than any of the open wheel mods, so it works.

GTR2 is like...5 bucks. :lol:

I thought that we were going with Indy Lights by Nissan!!!! :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Edit: Nevermind.

I'll sign-up in this series:
Driver: Pedro Harsk (Portuguese, Portugal)
GTP: Harsk100
Manufacturer: Holden
Team: HRSC Racing
Number: #911

Last edited:
Hmmm....V8 Supercars eh? I'd like to post an entry that's interested, may be able to do this as well:

Team: Perl-Speed GP
Driver: Ryan Perlstein
GTP: catamount39
Manufacturer: Mercedes-Benz
Number: 92

*EDIT: Perl-Speed GP withdraws our entry due to commitments in Indycar and deal falling through with potential sponsor Amazon.

Last edited:
Hmmm....V8 Supercars eh? I'd like to post an entry that's interested, may be able to do this as well:

Team: Perl-Speed GP
Driver: Ryan Perlstein
GTP: catamount39
Manufacturer: Mercedes-Benz
Number: 08
From the first post:

"Illegal numbers include the following: 0, 00, 000, 01, 001, 02, 002, 03, 003, 04, 004, 05, 005, 06, 006, 07, 007, 08, 008, 09, 009, 666".

It says eligible, not illegal. Those numbers are all good.
No. Second the regulation number 6 on the section 1:

"6) Eligible car numbers can range from 2 to 999. Illegal numbers include the following: 0, 00, 000, 01, 001, 02, 002, 03, 003, 04, 004, 05, 005, 06, 006, 07, 007, 08, 008, 09, 009, 666. The number 1 is reserved for series champions only."

No. Second the regulation number 6 on the section 1:

"6) Eligible car numbers can range from 2 to 999. Illegal numbers include the following: 0, 00, 000, 01, 001, 02, 002, 03, 003, 04, 004, 05, 005, 06, 006, 07, 007, 08, 008, 09, 009, 666. The number 1 is reserved for series champions only."
Missed that. :ouch:

I think there are only 2 people per team in this series, you could join @Doodle on Team Christie Upton if you wanted and he wanted you too

Yeah, it sure seems that the max number of drivers per team is 2... Darn. Personally, I don't think that Doodle might show any interest in joining this series (he seems to not be here in GTP as often as either you and/or Dur), so I'm not sure that he'll join. If he does, then I hope that he can consider me as his teammate.

And if the later is the case that will occur, then I'll go independent with another brand (perhaps Ford), unless some other team wants my "services", so to speak.

Yeah, it sure seems that the max number of drivers per team is 2... Darn. Personally, I don't think that Doodle might show any interest in joining this series (he seems to not be here in GTP as often as either you and/or Dur), so I'm not sure that he'll join.

And if the later is the case that will occur, then I'll go independent with another brand (perhaps Ford), unless some other team wants my "services", so to speak.
He already signed up :lol:

He already signed up :lol:

That's what I get for thinking that a person who hasn't really posted all that much in this thread isn't racing. :lol:

Well, if that's the case, what happens now? Should I wait for his thoughts on the matter? And what about the sponsorship thing? I take it that I must run a DuPont car as well...

That's what I get for thinking that a person who hasn't really posted all that much in this thread isn't racing. :lol:

Well, if that's the case, what happens now? Should I wait for his thoughts on the matter? And what about the sponsorship thing? I take it that I must run a DuPont car as well...
I think each team has to have their own sponsors, but if @KuniKino****a allows it you guys could be sponsored by Dupont Performance Alliance, and I could have your car base ready soon after that (You guys would have to add numbers and stuff)
24alliance-front.jpg

I think each team has to have their own sponsors, but if @KuniKino****a allows it you guys could be sponsored by Dupont Performance Alliance, and I could have your car base ready soon after that (You guys would have to add numbers and stuff)

Well, I would like to have a sponsor of my own... I could try to make the car myself, or if you and/or anyone else wants it, let you take over the painting process. I know that using the already-made Dupont base would make things easier, but we do have the time to make something different, I reckon. My two cents.

Well, I would like to have a sponsor of my own... I could try to make the car myself, or if you and/or anyone else wants it, let you take over the painting process. I know that using the already-made Dupont base would make things easier, but we do have the time to make something different, I reckon. My two cents.
Alrighty, it's yours and @Doodle's choice since technically we aren't teammates.

Well, regardless, I'll start working on something myself. As I said before, I'm open to any given advice from proper painters, so feel free to act as the critic and help.
I've made a few changes to the HOLDEN layer of the template, here's an updated version of it, you don't have to use it but it would be nice if you did (It adds a Hood logo and the word Commodore across the front of the car like this, you can resize the logo on the hood if it's too big for you)
gordon_jeff_car02.jpg

Attachments

• Holden.zip
    23.7 KB · Views: 2
I've made a few changes to the HOLDEN layer of the template, here's an updated version of it, you don't have to use it but it would be nice if you did (It adds a Hood logo and the word Commodore across the front of the car like this)
gordon_jeff_car02.jpg

Thanks a lot, that will surely come in handy. I'll be sure to use that one, then. 👍 Also, you should tag Kuni on that post, I'm sure that the other Holden drivers would love to make good use of that improved version.

Thanks a lot, that will surely come in handy. I'll be sure to use that one, then. 👍 Also, you should tag Kuni on that post, I'm sure that the other Holden drivers would love to make good use of that improved version.
To be fair, its more personal preference that it's improved (Some may like having only the Holden word across the splitter), but if others want to use it it's in the post for them to download

Back