VW Takes the Wraps off the Race-Inspired GTI TCR Concept at Wörtherseetreffen

TenEightyOne
TenEightyOne
No slots, real passing!!! :)

s-l640.jpg

Germany
Osnabrück
Does it come with two doors? I thought the Scirocco is the only remaining VAG hatchback with two doors?! Here in Germany you can't order a new Polo or Golf with two doors anymore. I hate performance hatchbacks with four doors.

Zona

Premium
United Kingdom
Derbyshire
Amowtek
The TCR is Awesome, I've been following Jamie Orr's coverage of it at Wörthersee. Although my future MK5 GTI build will be faster ;)

United States
Arizona
HamiltonMP427
:lol:

I particularly like the "500cid" 4th gen Nova depicted there.

Thought it was a 4th gen Malibu myself. What's more funny is they gone and taken Two-lane Blacktop and made this some time ago.

Anyways as others trim down the hatches VW doubles down?

United States
Here to Eternity
TexRex72
Thought it was a 4th gen Malibu myself.
The sail panel looks a little more hard-edged in the artwork, which fits the '78-83 Malibu assumption, but the round headlights in rectangular bezels was a giveaway for me. The first thing I thought of was this prostreet '78 Nova featured in Hot Rod ages ago. I bet I still have the issue in a box in storage.

United States
Arizona
HamiltonMP427
The sail panel looks a little more hard-edged in the artwork, which fits the '78-83 Malibu assumption, but the round headlights in rectangular bezels was a giveaway for me. The first thing I thought of was this prostreet '78 Nova featured in Hot Rod ages ago. I bet I still have the issue in a box in storage.

I've seen that issue before I'm pretty sure. To me it looked more boxy than the Nova but the C-pillar to the trunk does look more Nova less Malibu, while the Front looks the opposite, since both had similar headlights. Sad when a joke about slot cars to the VW is more interesting than a VW concept.