Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune Series

10 stages left...

13179006_10208962906373362_2864750207703440070_n.jpg

Apparently, Remapping an ECU improves handling too. :lol:

Will a console version of this ever be released on Xbox 1?
Considering you can spend more than $60 just getting a single car all tuned up and customized to your liking, a console/PC port would steal a considerable amount of money from arcade operators. On the other hand, the game lacks presence in places that don't embrace arcade games anymore, like North America, and every 500 copies or so would pull in the same revenue for Namco as a pair of WMMT cabinets.

I would be thrilled if the game appeared on a home platform.

Now that I fully-tuned my RUF RGT in WMMT5 and did Ghost battles in it, let me have a little review of it:

- As for the looks, it's actually beautiful even with the stock body. The body kit options are great as well. I personally like the GT3-look of the Aero Set B, to somehow pay homage to its base car, the Porsche 911 GT3 (997 Mk.I)

- Performance? The RGT's greatest strength is its straightaway speed. Could be on par with Zs and GT-Rs. Plus, it also has an incredible boost ability, which saved me countless times in Ghost Battles.

Handling-wise, it sits on the average mark. It can hold its line for a little bit, but it tends to slide if you are not careful with the throttle. It isn't too drifty, though, and I can recommend the car even to Novice players. And surprisingly, it's MORE STABLE than the Audi R8 in every aspect.

Battle ability? It's a wide car which can be advantageous when blocking, but it can be annoying when dealing with traffic. Cutting through cars is not the car's cup of tea. It's hard to be pushed around as well. So it can be an effective battering ram.

Overall, it's a nice car. If you love Porsches, and want to steer clear from the bandwagon, then this is the car for you.

Damm right it is! It was 2007 when MT3 was in the UK, and after about 2 years my local arcade got rid of the machines. I haven't played a WMMT game since 7 years ago. :lol:

Hate to be negative, but I think the English version meant for the regions outside Indonesia in the South East Asia region. Countries like Singapore, Malaysia, Philippines, and Australia belong in that "English Version". South Korea is also within that as well.

Hopefully it reaches the EU and US, though. More ghosts for me to beat, then.

Hate to be negative, but I think the English version meant for the regions outside Indonesia in the South East Asia region. Countries like Singapore, Malaysia, Philippines, and Australia belong in that "English Version". South Korea is also within that as well

New Zealand is also included in the "English Version"

My local arcades have raised their prices up to a US dollar in preparation of 5DX. Those hogs are burning a hole in my pocket again... :indiff:

Back