Wanna see something the Yanks will never get?

  • Thread starter Thread starter SandStorm
  • 247 comments
  • 7,908 views
Originally posted by Cobraboy
400,000hp Hybirds just ruin the game. Unless you're just mucking around with them.
Yup. Why would you want to got 2,000,000mph +? i mean, it'd get boring...
 
I need an X-Port. Damn. It.

That Action Replay V2 is nothing like the X-port...from what i've heard...but i don't know much about it.
 
Oh yeh. 👎 My parents won't let me buy anything because last time i tried to import something from NZ they were asking us for our home number, we gave it to them then they were whinging because it was a private number...so my mum told them off via e-mail...maybe from the UK it will be different though. :)
 
Yeh. Well, Broadband is around the corner, so I don't think i would be able to get anything for a while though anyway...mmm...movies in two hours...
 
OK I NEED UR HELP I CAN EITHER GET AN...

ACTION REPLAY V2

XPORT V2

OR A MODCHIP FOR PS2



WHAT SHOULD I GET????

PLZ HELP
 
im looking towards the modchip because i only have 4 games :(



and ive had the ps2 since it came out :mad:



but the x-port is so tempting

:confused:
 
its now xport VS modchip


its either more games VS save files, uploading replays, new (hidden) cars ect.
 
I'd say x-port. Lot's of great budget games out there. I bought a bunch of games (many of which I probably shouldn't have) and as always I find myself only playing a few of them. GT3 way on top of that list, followed on a distance by a whole bunch of games that I still need to finish:

- Baldur's Gate DA (great graphics & sound, great 2 player, get's a bit repetitive single)
- Time Crisis 2 (just great really, if I had a gun for 100hz I'd have finished it a long time ago, also a great iLink game! And the Crisis Missions that you get after you finish the 'regular' game are fantastic! Much better than the original game! And hard!
- Final Fantasy X (great game, will get back to that soon, feel stupid now that I heard I forgot to find some books)
- MGS2 (great atmosphere)
- Jak & Daxter (still fun, halfway now, and the missus likes watching me play)

I'd play Tekken 4 a whole lot more if I'd have someone to play it with and if it wasn't so similar to the old ones. The rest of the games I have were ok or plain sucked, only it took me a while to realise this.

However, I played GT3 most, kept going back to it, and then when I discovered the online community I've been playing it since January almost every day. None of these games have captured me quite it. And the X-Port is a great addition to that game - I didn't make that replay manager for nothing. ;-) I have two memcards, and if I didn't have the x-port I'd need a whole bunch more by now.

I'd say x-port. If you got that many games you'll just be checking games out and never really play them anyway, at least that's my experience (in 16 years of gaming).
 
Originally posted by SandStorm
7th gear babee! :D

attachment.php
I say so, there is no track like that in GT3
 
Originally posted by HsV_CoUpE
OK I NEED UR HELP I CAN EITHER GET AN...

ACTION REPLAY V2

XPORT V2

OR A MODCHIP FOR PS2



WHAT SHOULD I GET????

PLZ HELP
X-Port or the SharkPort, both are the same

And at $24.95 is well worth it to have that ability to download codes/cheats/game files/ and game saves

I have over 1000 games downloaded usin the X-Port... Will be dang hard to fill up an 80 Gig hard drive
 
Originally posted by Masterblaster
I say so, there is no track like that in GT3

Of course there is, that is Tokyo R246 :). Plus thats GTC (Gran Turismo Concept) ;), we in the US dont get it :(, but I heard we are not missing much :D...
 
Originally posted by HsV_CoUpE
it also depends who you ask... like some of them say "whats an

X-PORT" while others say... "were sold out" "we can order some in"

so depends whos workin there

if u is in the uk try play.com
mine is on order for £16.99
 
How did you find one in Melbourne HSV? What shop, and do they have retail stores in Sydney...Ask them for me ;)
 
Originally posted by Woolie Wool
It actually has 8 gears.

are u quite sure about that? it does seem a little unrealistic! most normal cars have a 5 or 6 speed manual and this has 8?:odd: and if u are sure can u post a pic?
 
Originally posted by milefile
The Castrol Supra in GT2 has 7th gear.

Baby.

i dont have gt2!:odd: do u mean the same car as the toms supra in gt3? and y doesnt it have 7 gears in gt3?:odd:
 
Originally posted by bondy_1625
are u quite sure about that? it does seem a little unrealistic! most normal cars have a 5 or 6 speed manual and this has 8?:odd: and if u are sure can u post a pic?

In real life, the concept car has a variable-ratio transmission with eight preset settings. I would guess it would translate to eight gears in the game.

And no, I cannot post a pic because I don't have a copy of GT Concept. I'm just telling you what I know about the actual car.
 
Originally posted by bondy_1625
i dont have gt2!:odd: do u mean the same car as the toms supra in gt3? and y doesnt it have 7 gears in gt3?:odd:

I don't know. It's a black special Supra.
 
Originally posted by Woolie Wool
In real life, the concept car has a variable-ratio transmission with eight preset settings. I would guess it would translate to eight gears in the game.

And no, I cannot post a pic because I don't have a copy of GT Concept. I'm just telling you what I know about the actual car.

oh k understood!
 
I'm pretty sure in GTC it only has actually seven gears...:odd:
 
Originally posted by DODGE the VIPER
I'm pretty sure in GTC it only has actually seven gears...:odd:

ive got gtc ill test it in a min all i gotta do is change the settings a bit and away i go through the gears like an f1!:lol:
 
OK, but i was always sure it only had seven.
 
Back