Want a greater variety of Paint Chips? Try these Cars & Share your Favourite Paint Chips

• Thread starter Akwaaba
  • 809 comments
What car do you think has the brightest and probably obnoxious shade of yellow? Do you know of a day glow yellow?
DaveTheStalker, My guess is that the brightest yellow will be from one of the special GT paint chips, I have them and they are very bright.

Edit: I went to the game and checked the yellows and the GT6 polarized 038 is the brightest yellow I have at the moment.

As the GT6 Polarized 038 is from the Anniversary edition, I checked to see the next brightest
Looks like it is 'Nice Yellow Pearl'

I'll update if I discover which car I got that from!

had a suggestion from another, that the yellow Opel Tigra is a possibility for the brightest

Last edited:
The Mercedes SLS AMG has dark grey matte color (AMG grau magno) and grey matte too I believe. (designo grey...)
the Lambo Aventador has dark brown matte color. (Marone Apus)
The Plymouths have some cool varieties of colors.

The Lamborghini Aventador has 2 shades of matte black. IIRC Nero Nemesis is the straight black and the chip right below it is similar but with a slight brownish/earthy tint. I was going to get this car for the matte black chip but I just recently heard about the LFA, which turns out is a touch cheaper. Still nice to know there are options out there.

What about karts? Do we get these collors? Havent paid attention when i bought them.

I don't think that the Karts give any paint chips
Surprised no one has mentioned the standard Honda NSXs. They come in a nice variety of colors.

Thank you, I will have a look and update the OP

Edit: Phoenix Blue on the '97 NSX looks nice, I think that many of the other really nice colours are available on the S2000. OP updated.

Last edited:
The Mercedes SLS AMG has dark grey matte color (AMG grau magno) and grey matte too I believe. (designo grey...)
the Lambo Aventador has dark brown matte color. (Marone Apus)
The Plymouths have some cool varieties of colors.
The Lamborghini Aventador has 2 shades of matte black. IIRC Nero Nemesis is the straight black and the chip right below it is similar but with a slight brownish/earthy tint. I was going to get this car for the matte black chip but I just recently heard about the LFA, which turns out is a touch cheaper. Still nice to know there are options out there.

Thank you both, I have updated the OP

Thanks man. This will save me a lot of time 👍

One question to whoever knows: I still haven't purchased paint jobs, but is it like in GT5 that when you use a chip is no longer available, or once you get a chip you can use it as many times as you want?

Thanks man. This will save me a lot of time 👍

One question to whoever knows: I still haven't purchased paint jobs, but is it like in GT5 that when you use a chip is no longer available, or once you get a chip you can use it as many times as you want?

The paint chips are reusable! But at the moment you only get them through buying cars (hence this thread) or from Seasonal Events, and from the Anniversary Edition.

I have bought, and then subsequently sold loads and loads of cheap cars to build up my collection of paint chips.

The paint chips are reusable! But at the moment you only get them through buying cars (hence this thread) or from Seasonal Events, and from the Anniversary Edition.

I have bought, and then subsequently sold loads and loads of cheap cars to build up my collection of paint chips.

Yes!! No more buying a bunch of LFA's :lol:!! Just one of each color once and that's it. Thanks for the answer. I was afraid of spending lot's of money in one car of the same color to stack up my favorite chips 👍

The FT86 CONCEPT, non carbon fiber hood one, also has a couple snazzy colors. The green/yellow really pops.

Thank you for the hint, will have a look to see if there are any more paints chips to add to my collection!

The Mini's have some pretty cool & cheap colours.
Lexus LFA gives you A LOT of variety of colors, including pink, neon green, matte black, etc.
The Triumph Spitfire 1500 '74 Gives some interesting colours;
Cost is just 17,200 and it has 10 colours

Thank you all, I have or will update OP to reflect these hints.

Any other cars give Colour shift or matte paints?

Lotus Esprit V8 02. Loads of awesome colours like Laser Mettalic Blue which looks like it has colour shift in it or quartz or Ice Blue. Plus lava orange pearlescent and lightning yellow pearlescent.

Can anyone confirm this or is this old man going crazy? I just blew 400,00 on the Aventador because it looked like it had the closest thing I have found to Matte Black - Nero Nemesis. Then when I buy it, it gives me some other bloody colour! It certainly is not in the paint shop anywhere.:ouch::banghead::) -Sorry, accidentally double posted this.

Can anyone confirm this or is this old man going crazy? I just blew 400,00 on the Aventador because it looked like it had the closest thing I have found to Matte Black - Nero Nemesis. Then when I buy it, it gives me some other bloody colour! It certainly is not in the paint shop anywhere.:ouch::banghead::)

Lotus Esprit V8 02. Loads of awesome colours like Laser Mettalic Blue which looks like it has colour shift in it or quartz or Ice Blue. Plus lava orange pearlescent and lightning yellow pearlescent.

Thank you for the hint, will have a look and will update the OP

For the bright yellow, try Ananasgelb from the Opel Tigra 1.6i '99. ;)

Nice one!

These color shift & chromes you win. Are they different than the ones you already have?

I think so

You can get matte black for free if you play through career and when you win the "highend" tuner car select matte black as the colour

To think I selected a different colour, facepalm!!

I think, that these colours are all available with the Lotus Elise '00, which is a bit cheaper

Also, you might want to add the 15th Anniversary Edition as a good source for nice colours. Not sure if you can still buy it though.

Although this is true, the aim of the OP was to share ideas where to get a wide variety of interesting paint chips without spending so much.

However, you do have a point, that for those looking to buy GT6, getting the Anniversary edition with the extra paints and cars is probably a good deal.

Maybe the codes can be obtained for those who already have the vanilla version, but I haven't seen any

Back