War Thunder (F2P Air/Ground combat MMO)

Update 13.04.2016 (Server Update)
This is a server update that will be implemented on the game servers within 24 hours. During this time, bug reports regarding specifics mentioned here and their effect in a battle will not be considered as a bug and as such will not be taken into consideration.

Economy and Research*
  • Maximum RP rewards for a victorious battle have been increased by 10%.
  • Successful actions in air battles (such as kills, assists etc.) will bring more mission score points. Now aircraft and ground vehicles will receive the same amount of mission score points for all activities.
  • The Battle activity calculation has been changed. You will need to earn more points in order to get over 50% activity.
Note: This server update applies to all platforms unless specifically highlighted.

* To see the changes in the client displayed correctly please restart the game.

The current provided patchnotes reflect the major changes within the game as part of this

@Swagger897 oh my god. :dopey:

Thought I'd share a few of my WT photos (with a little prompting from @Swagger897

PC
beFAdm6.gif

If that Biplane wasn't there, it would've been a perfect shot. Nevertheless it looks amazing!

Being impressed by @Nato_777 's pics, I tried to pick and edit some of my own, and take some new...
All pics are from PC. My graphics settings aren't Ultra, so the quality may be not perfect:

Tetrarch by Антон Митрохин, on Flickr

Pz.IV Ausf. G by Антон Митрохин, on Flickr

Pz.VI Tiger Ausf. E by Антон Митрохин, on Flickr

Bf.109F & FW-190 by Антон Митрохин, on Flickr

T-44 by Антон Митрохин, on Flickr

Bf-110C by Антон Митрохин, on Flickr

A6M3 Model 22 by Антон Митрохин, on Flickr

Shiratsuyu-class destroyer by Антон Митрохин, on Flickr

TBF-1c Avenger by Антон Митрохин, on Flickr

A6M3 Model 22 by Антон Митрохин, on Flickr

Crusader Mk.III by Антон Митрохин, on Flickr

No, it was added in an update. It's not that kind of a game where you pay for maps... ;)
In a month of playing on tank battles (up until a fortnight ago) I have only encountered The Carpathians, Poland, Ash River and Kuban. I'm probably missing the select 'which kind of fight' option maybe, though I see from a list of tank maps that there are several such as Eastern Europe, The Second El Alamein maps that are available for all modes which I've never seen.

Now I'm really confused...:odd:

In a month of playing on tank battles (up until a fortnight ago) I have only encountered The Carpathians, Poland, Ash River and Kuban. I'm probably missing the select 'which kind of fight' option maybe, though I see from a list of tank maps that there are several such as Eastern Europe, The Second El Alamein maps that are available for all modes which I've never seen.

Well some tanks are restricted to maps and how they are played just due to the size and BR of them. Similar to air battles, props don't always see jet battle maps.

In a month of playing on tank battles (up until a fortnight ago) I have only encountered The Carpathians, Poland, Ash River and Kuban.
Also, Mozdok...
And few more maps were added lately - Berlin (ground version), Finland (and some other snow map, "Ice Pass" or like that), and El Alamein is the latest.

What tier do you play tank battles at?

When you get better at War Thunder you will get better tanks and maps.

What tier do you play tank battles at?
Still at tier 1 with a couple of vehicles breaking into tier 2 which now you mention it is probably the reason.

When you get better at War Thunder you will get better tanks and maps.
I was doing pretty well, frequently being a part of 'Best Squad' victories and keeping my activity rating well above 75% though it is getting tougher when other members seem to spend time either going in circles or shooting at the wrong side ;)

Anyway, I'll be getting back to tanks and planes in a month or so.

Still at tier 1 with a couple of vehicles breaking into tier 2 which now you mention it is probably the reason.

I was doing pretty well, frequently being a part of 'Best Squad' victories and keeping my activity rating well above 75% though it is getting tougher when other members seem to spend time either going in circles or shooting at the wrong side ;)

Anyway, I'll be getting back to tanks and planes in a month or so.

One of the worst things about War Thunder is thier is no communication and nobody uses head set.

One of the worst things about War Thunder is thier is no communication and nobody uses head set.
Yeah, I'd noticed that too. Glad that I'll be seeing some more maps soon then and RB will soon be open to me too. Hopefully there will be some more consistent players there.

Last edited:
Some guy the other day was grilling me after I said the slur for JAPan, so I took it and left. This morning I got on, another guy was throwing it around like a $5 hooker, so I told him to stop, it's a slur, and there are plenty of alternatives. Then the whole game boy chat jumped on me like a fly on 🤬 and started telling me it wasnt, just an abbreviation, that if Brit, Yank, and Swede aren't then it isn't. So I kept quiet as I was AFK, came back to see someone posted "kids on the net these days think they can go around solving issues without even giving me back a PC response (wtf does PC have to do with anything I'm thinking..."

So I told him to 🤬 off and then he said "reported" I replied, "good luck with that, as it never works [in my favor]" seconds later a mod comes in in blue, "please moderate your language." So I kept off the chat, closed it in fact. Came back to see I was read only.

Logged in my other account just for these instances and gave a piece of my mouth to the mod, and I PM'd him through the forums. Told him that for someone going about, throwing slurs like baseballs in practice, and refusing to even bother using an alternative, somehow gets no equivalent warning, or ban (all he got was a "yes, reports still work =) (so clearly they know eachother)) and I'm locked out for 7 days.

He replied with what I said, along with when I called out the enemy team for being passive (which probably never got looked at) in a not so nice manner either. I had no idea about that one, so I said fair enough, and apparently it's being elevated to "senior staff for review". I'm not even going to fight it due to the other report, but I'm tired of the protection that others get when clearly it's wrong and I cited better examples.

Also doesn't help much from the road rage I had last night either...

Some guy the other day was grilling me after I said the slur for JAPan, so I took it and left. This morning I got on, another guy was throwing it around like a $5 hooker, so I told him to stop, it's a slur, and there are plenty of alternatives. Then the whole game boy chat jumped on me like a fly on 🤬 and started telling me it wasnt, just an abbreviation, that if Brit, Yank, and Swede aren't then it isn't. So I kept quiet as I was AFK, came back to see someone posted "kids on the net these days think they can go around solving issues without even giving me back a PC response (wtf does PC have to do with anything I'm thinking..."

So I told him to 🤬 off and then he said "reported" I replied, "good luck with that, as it never works [in my favor]" seconds later a mod comes in in blue, "please moderate your language." So I kept off the chat, closed it in fact. Came back to see I was read only.

Logged in my other account just for these instances and gave a piece of my mouth to the mod, and I PM'd him through the forums. Told him that for someone going about, throwing slurs like baseballs in practice, and refusing to even bother using an alternative, somehow gets no equivalent warning, or ban (all he got was a "yes, reports still work =) (so clearly they know eachother)) and I'm locked out for 7 days.

He replied with what I said, along with when I called out the enemy team for being passive (which probably never got looked at) in a not so nice manner either. I had no idea about that one, so I said fair enough, and apparently it's being elevated to "senior staff for review". I'm not even going to fight it due to the other report, but I'm tired of the protection that others get when clearly it's wrong and I cited better examples.

Also doesn't help much from the road rage I had last night either...

:lol:

Which one?

The most annoying thing about jets is that it takes over 5 minutes to join an RB with 5 players in each team...
Well I did some serious grinding so I could buy it. The HE162.

Then, I put it on my worst crew, and have left it there. Did some more grinding, and by that I mean some wicked 4+kills a match for a long time, and got.... another jet.

MiG15 Bis
4C53CF9EE94CD5A08D33CD4B30CC9708810CCAE5

Queue the Music:

Well I did some serious grinding so I could buy it. The HE162.

Then, I put it on my worst crew, and have left it there. Did some more grinding, and by that I mean some wicked 4+kills a match for a long time, and got.... another jet.

MiG15 Bis
4C53CF9EE94CD5A08D33CD4B30CC9708810CCAE5
An East German MiG? Nice 👍

I only have a Ki-200 (J8M1), which is actually a rocket plane, my current Japanese plane in research is R2D2 R2Y2 Keiun Kai - a real jet. Will be the next. Then, I'll continue my way to the JASDF F-86 Sabre (and the Kikka before it). Will get a MiG sometime, too (but a Soviet one). I haven't done any hard grinding for a long time (after I got the Ki-200), I was mostly playing for fun (at BR 3.7-5.0, higher BR battles are more tense and nervous to me). However, my premium FW-190A-5 and A6M5 Ko allow to grind well while still having fun.

Talking about a hymn... This fits better to the GDR MiG:

BTW, I tried taking some photos with a Free Cam in replays, and it yields some impressive pics (like Photo Mode in racing games). I'll edit and share some soon.

Latest Posts

Back