War Thunder (F2P Air/Ground combat MMO)

An East German MiG? Nice šŸ‘

I only have a Ki-200 (J8M1), which is actually a rocket plane, my current Japanese plane in research is R2D2 R2Y2 Keiun Kai - a real jet. Will be the next. Then, I'll continue my way to the JASDF F-86 Sabre (and the Kikka before it). Will get a MiG sometime, too (but a Soviet one). I haven't done any hard grinding for a long time (after I got the Ki-200), I was mostly playing for fun (at BR 3.7-5.0, higher BR battles are more tense and nervous to me). However, my premium FW-190A-5 and A6M5 Ko allow to grind well while still having fun.

Talking about a hymn... This fits better to the GDR MiG:

BTW, I tried taking some photos with a Free Cam in replays, and it yields some impressive pics (like Photo Mode in racing games). I'll edit and share some soon.

Yeah the high tier games are definitely nerve wracking, but the payout is ooh so good. At first I thought I'd get my first jet with the IJN line, seeing how they have the shortest distance to it (using the A7M1), but then I realized after buying a D13, how much easier it would be for me to get the MiG.
I've been trying to grind out the unlocks on the Hs129B-3. God, the Engines are so underpowered :lol:
Part of me wants that thing to be good, the other part of me wants to just say "why, why put yourself through that..."

Yeah the high tier games are definitely nerve wracking, but the payout is ooh so good. At first I thought I'd get my first jet with the IJN line, seeing how they have the shortest distance to it (using the A7M1), but then I realized after buying a D13, how much easier it would be for me to get the MiG.

Part of me wants that thing to be good, the other part of me wants to just say "why, why put yourself through that..."

You know the HS129B-3 flies worst then a duck... That's sad. I just want the 75mm he rounds.

As I promised, some more photos:
P-38G Lightning by RageRacer48, on Flickr

A6M5 by RageRacer48, on Flickr

And some pics with Free Cam mode in replays:
Ki-61 hei Hien by RageRacer48, on Flickr

B-24 Liberator by RageRacer48, on Flickr

B-17E vs A6M5 by RageRacer48, on Flickr

B-17E by RageRacer48, on Flickr

Ki-61 hei Hien by RageRacer48, on Flickr

IS-2 and IS-1 by RageRacer48, on Flickr

IS-2 in Berlin by RageRacer48, on Flickr

122mm armor-piercing shell by RageRacer48, on Flickr

SU-152 by RageRacer48, on Flickr

Shell ricochet by RageRacer48, on Flickr

Shell ricochet by RageRacer48, on Flickr

ZiS-12 guntruck by RageRacer48, on Flickr

Hey, I know what to do and it's a completely better idea: GET RID OF IT ALTOGETHER
Update 11.05.2016 (Server Update)
This is a server update that will be implemented on the game servers within 24 hours. During this time, bug reports regarding specifics mentioned here and their effect in a battle will not be considered as a bug and as such will not be taken into consideration.

• LMS Feature disabled in RB and SB modes.
The LMS feature, while providing a realistic effect on 2-3 crew member ground vehicles, has an unnatural effect on vehicles with larger crews with complex internal path-finding in many cases. We don't want have different controls/gameplay mechanics on different tanks, so we have decided to rework the effect. Today we will disable this feature in RB and SB mode. We plan to add new functions in the next major update that will make it possible to heal one or more crew members. This will give more gameplay options on the one hand and will not create the disadvantages that players faced previously.

Hey, I know what to do and it's a completely better idea: GET RID OF IT ALTOGETHER
Update 11.05.2016 (Server Update)
This is a server update that will be implemented on the game servers within 24 hours. During this time, bug reports regarding specifics mentioned here and their effect in a battle will not be considered as a bug and as such will not be taken into consideration.

• LMS Feature disabled in RB and SB modes.
The LMS feature, while providing a realistic effect on 2-3 crew member ground vehicles, has an unnatural effect on vehicles with larger crews with complex internal path-finding in many cases. We don't want have different controls/gameplay mechanics on different tanks, so we have decided to rework the effect. Today we will disable this feature in RB and SB mode. We plan to add new functions in the next major update that will make it possible to heal one or more crew members. This will give more gameplay options on the one hand and will not create the disadvantages that players faced previously.

thank god.

Well, I've been playing German tanks a bit recently, I currently have The Jagdpanther and Tiger II P (working on the Panther F), and now the boot is on the other foot.... **** the IS 2. My heart sinks every time I see one of those now.

Well, that's if you get the first shot off... half the time it's a case of me moving along, covering an area with my turret, only for one of them to pop out from behind a building already aiming at me. At that point, all I can really do is pray for a bounce.

It's best to flank heavily with German tanks. You shouldn't mind going out of your way for 3-5 minutes to just get into a good flanking spot. Most of the time however, you're gonna encounter another enemy doing the same thing so be ready for that.

news_logo_com_answers_developers.jpg

1. Will we get Italy tech tree in this year in war thunder? Don't answer "soon" :P

snail_b.png
Kirill Yudintsev: "When it will be ready and tested". We are working on it..

2. Are you planning a new nationality in War Thunder?

snail_b.png
Kirill Yudintsev: Yes. Italy and France are the most obvious expansion.

3. I have a simple question does Gaijin have plans for a Japanese Ground Forces Tech Tree or are they still sticking to a few scattered Premiums over different nations? PS. keep up the Great work improving Your Game.

snail_b.png
Viacheslav Bulannikov: Yes, we have a plan about a separate Japanese ground vehicles research tree.

4. In tank tank games, the amount of ammo affects your probability of dying due to ammo rack explosion, so in planes, does the amount fuel affect the probability of dying due to fuel tank fire?

snail_b.png
Kirill Yudintsev: Yes. The less fuel you have the more chance of explosion or fire when you get shot. In the same time - the more hits in fuel tank you already have the more chances of getting fire.

5. Why planes like meteors f.mk3 and vampires have to face mig-15 and mig-17?

snail_b.png
Kirill Yudintsev: They also face piston-engine planes.

6. Are there going to be cockpits view added to bombers?

snail_b.png
Kirill Yudintsev: We are still looking ways to make them. Unfortunately only very small amount of players prefer play bombers with cockpits against others. In fact most of players who want cockpits for bombers just want to reduce field of view for their targets (that of course is not something bad for the game, even while not 100% correct for multicrew vehicles). Bomber cockpits requires 2-5 time more work than creating a new plane even with single-seated cockpit. Adding 'stubs' for cockpits looks good solution on first glance, but when looking deeper - it is probably not good, cause newbies can be frustrated. May be the best way will be to add some 'stub' cockpits that are available only when cockpit view is required (SB) We'll think about it.

7. There are not a lot, nearly zero official information about Ships in War Thunder. Will there be Ships in War Thunder? If yes, when could they come?

snail_b.png
Kirill Yudintsev: We are working on Naval forces. That is really the only thing I can answer now.

"...will there be soon an EC Mode just for RB?..."

8. Hello , will there be soon an EC Mode just for RB ? I think much RB Players enjoyed the RB EC Sessions and would love to have it available all the time.

snail_b.png
Kirill Yudintsev: We are planning events for EC mode for RB.

9. Will you add working smoke grenades at tanks?

snail_b.png
Kirill Yudintsev: We're creating internal prototypes. So 'may be.

10. Are you guys going to add the F9F-6 Cougar?

snail_b.png
Kirill Yudintsev: Pobably, but not soonā„¢

11. Will infantry be making a presence on the battlefield in the near future even only as a battlefield aesthetic? many trailers show infantry fighting next to tanks even thought no infantry are present at all, note I'm not asking if they will be playable, I'm asking if they will be present as map AI.

snail_b.png
Kirill Yudintsev: We are thinking on that, but probably it will be unacceptable for game age-rating.

12. Will Gaijin developers introduce Sidewinder like anti-air missiles for jets?

snail_b.png
Kirill Yudintsev: No

13. Are you planning to improve "Custom matches" For example: will be players able to create plane/vehicle restriction lists or set custom name for the match in the future ?

snail_b.png
Kirill Yudintsev: Yes, there are such plans (for first part).

14. Will we be seeing ATGM platforms in WarThunder Ground Forces, such as the M50 Sheridan and the IT-1?

snail_b.png
Viacheslav Bulannikov: Yes, we plan different ATGM platforms in one of the next updates.

15. Can we expect any FM's changes for Spitfire? The FM is quite ancient and in RB, with mouse aim this plane is basically helicopter.

snail_b.png
Sergey Volkov: We will not have major changes in the near future.

16. Are the any plans to change the MM and BR? Many planes are heavily overtired like Zero while while many planes are undertired like J2M2.

snail_b.png
Kirill Yudintsev: We are calculating BR in AB on regular basis each 2-3 months, using stats data. For RB and SB we also take in account players reviews and opinions and make extra tests and analysis. The difference in approach because of different MM for RB\SB and AB - in AB all planes can fight against each other or in one team, in SB and RB there are in a few different possible matches for one RB (lots of them, but not all), and stats for all matches (one country against all other possible countries) differs from stats in on country against another country.

17. Do you plan to add guided bombs like the Fritz X and the anzon in one of the upcoming updates?

snail_b.png
Kirill Yudintsev: We are thinking about it. Not very likely, but possible.

"...Any word on Tier 5 tanks?..."

18. Any word on Tier 5 tanks? ex. Leopard 1A1, T-62A, Gepard, etc.

snail_b.png
Viacheslav Bulannikov: Yes, we will have new rank 5 vehicles. Including some modifications of Leopard-1.

19. First off hello, thanks for doing this but do you have any details about the M103 regarding its turret model being wrong and the ammo being AP when irl it was APBC. Lots of people have submitted bug reports and never heard anything back about them.

snail_b.png
Viacheslav Bulannikov: M358 shell had a ballistic cap, but the projectile body had this form: (picture) , instead of some Soviet design like (picture). For shells with a ballistic cap, the shell body shape under the ballistic cap is taken into account for the ricochet propreties, that's why it's listed as "AP" in game.

20. Is the me 262 HGII still confirmed for development or has that status changed? It is still listed under pending aircraft in on the future plans tech tree which is outdated.

snail_b.png
Kirill Yudintsev: Not very likely, but still possible. Interesting aircraft, for sure - unfortunately not much data on it and in the same time it can be too powerful not only because it is should be but because of insufficient information. That will definitely cause lots of talks and negative feedback. Also, making it premium will make first 5th rank premium plane (which we prefer to avoid) and putting it in research line will make it very often guest in battles.

21. Do you plan to add PTAB and SD4HL bombs in one of the upcoming updates?

snail_b.png
Kirill Yudintsev: No. PTAB can appear in the game, but they are not planned now.

22. Hello ! 1) Do you plan to add the FRENCH tech tree this year or 2017 ? 2) Do you plan to add the italian tehc tree this year or 2017 ? 3) Do you plan to add attack/defend game mod on random games to change from the "capture a circle in the middle of nowhere to win" ? 4) Do you plan to add the "destroy this objective" on random games ? 5) When the closed beta of the Naval Warfare is planned ? 2016 ? 6) do you plan to have a battlefield with Ships + Planes + tanks ( Iwojima style) in a game?

snail_b.png
Kirill Yudintsev:

1. when it's done
  2. when it's done
  3. no, but we are going to add a way to create user generated multiplayer missions, so it can come to WT
  4. may be
  5. yes, most likely
  6. probably not, may be in some special events (for obvious reasons - very rare battles of such type in real life and it will look weird in most cases)
23. Could the options be changed to be more user friendly. Perhaps separate the options for planes and tanks, ie., do not share binds between the two modes?

snail_b.png
Kirill Yudintsev: This is in plans in fact. Not top priority, but on the table.

24. Will there be a Hitbox for the Tanks Gun to other objects like houses and the Tanks from other players?

snail_b.png
Kirill Yudintsev: No. That makes game really uncomfortable.

"...Japan will have it own ground tech tree or it will be in an international?..."

25. Japan will have it own ground tech tree or it will be in an international? (I'm NOT asking for an ETA)

snail_b.png
Kirill Yudintsev: We are working on it. Let's say - 50\50 that it will.

26. Destroyed radiators don't really affect gameplay right now in tanks. Do you plan to add in the near future (1.59-1.61) thermodynamics to ground forces?

snail_b.png
Kirill Yudintsev: Probably no. 1.59 and 1.61 are already scheduled. Some changes for DM on ground forces are planned, but not that.

"...Will the Ju 87 D-5 ever get its airbrake back?..."

27. Will the Ju 87 D-5 ever get its airbrake back?

snail_b.png
Viacheslav Bulannikov: The airbrakes will return, but it will depend of the weapon selection ā€“ for example, if the gunpods are equipped, the plane will not have .

28. 2 questions: 1) Firstly can you please update the planned vehicle lists for each nation as some are quite out of date. as it would prevent people repeatedly posting recommendations for aircraft in the game that are already wip. 2) Secondly is the b10 bolo slated for development as it would make a good tier 1 us bomber. that saw quite a bit of use in the first year of the pacific war in Singapore and the dutch east indies. and would serve a similar niche to the sb Russian bombers.

snail_b.png
Kirill Yudintsev:

1. In fact is question for web-site masters, but I'll ask them
  2. B-10 is in development.
29. Actually, it is a suggestion. For the WorldWar mode, would you add a Commander to each team; may Commander can control ai tanks/bombers? Can respawn points in this mode replaced by actually fuel points in history (EX:Heavy tank need more fuel points than other tanks and the total fuel points is limited at the beginning.)

snail_b.png
Kirill Yudintsev: In WorldWar mode Commanders and fuel are planned, but in a bit different manner.

30. Are there any planes to rework matchmaking so it creates two sides of equal skill (based on their historical performance in battles - like K/D ratio etc) ? I have experienced so many soulcrushing defeats because my team was full of noobs, and the enemy team had average or better players. Is it so hard to put equal amounts of noobs in both teams ?

snail_b.png
Stas Zvyagin: It is not obvious that player with high K/D ratio is good player. May be he is just reckless sniper who like to destroy enemies but not going to bring victory for own team. Your team mates skills are completely random at current matchmaking. That means you have equal chances to play with skilled players and noobs.

31. When can we expect to get slats modeled for 109's in RB? I believe the only one 109 with working slats is the G-14.

snail_b.png
Kirill Yudintsev: Slats are physically modeled for 109's. 109G-14 has rear balance (hope correct term) and more maneuverable than others.

32. When can we expect Ki-83 DM and overheating fixed? It's overheating very quickly compared to other planes and can't cool off at 100% thr. DM is quite wonky and leads to situation, when we get hit by anything in fuel tanks, plane just explode asap.

snail_b.png
Sergey Volkov: Engine overheating is configured correctly. Maximum continuous power lies at 85% of throttle. 100% is military power (intended for a maximum of 10 minutes), WEP is an emergency mode (about 5 minutes).

"...Are you going to add Italian Tech tree to War Thunder in near future?..."

33. Are you going to add Italian Tech tree to War Thunder in near future? If yes, what would you do with Italian planes from German Tech tree?

snail_b.png
Kirill Yudintsev: We are planning it, yes. No details yet - they can be kept in German Tree but hidden for all those who haven't got them, or they can be converted with all their progress.

34. 3 years ago we were told that bomber cockpits were coming, can we expect them any time soon?

snail_b.png
Kirill Yudintsev: We have implemented 2 of them. And we do not see any growth in their popularity. I was talking only about SB mode (but we also have statistics about usage of cockpits in RB mode).
I understand your feelings, but looks like that we are alone in this world :( Well, maybe there are hundreds of us, but most players even in SB do not care about cockpits for bombers.

35. Hi there, question is in regard to AB Ground Forces.

Currently most lightly armoured vehicles tend to struggle in AB when compared to heavily armoured ones. Tanks like the Jadgpanzer 4-5 and T92 are rarely seen likely because they die too easily with the super easy spotting in AB.

Is there any plans to introduce a "spotting" system or rework what we have to enable lightly armoured vehicles to flank around/ "sneak" up on enemies without the worry of the instant spotting in AB?

snail_b.png
Kirill Yudintsev: Well, that was implemented in 1,53 (afair) but gets very negative feedback.
So, as for me, I'd like to see that in the game, but 'invisible tanks' are something that part of community fears and hates so much that it is not likely to appear :(

36. A lot of people think the last man standing mechanic should be in just arcade mode and not RB and SB. Have you considered changing this?
snail_b.png
Kirill Yudintsev: This is PURE realistic mechanic. It is too hardcore for AB. May be we'll remove it from RB\SB also, if it is too hardcore for RB\SB players, but it is absolutely not good idea to add it to AB.

37. Why does Gaijin have such poor quality control when it comes to adding new content? Broken flight models, broken damage models and an unfair design of maps towards certain nations only work to undermine your game. What do you plan to do about it?

snail_b.png
Kirill Yudintsev: This is incorrect question. In fact most (90-99%) of new content has no issues after quality control (including FMs, models and maps). The game is really huge and when we change some part it requires lots of work to test everything. So things happens, but really rare (compared to amount of new and changed content at least).

38. After the 64 player EC test, do you plan do implemented it in EC or in other game modes? It was very great!!

snail_b.png
Kirill Yudintsev: In EC probably.

39. Will we see an overwork of the instructor in RB? German planes and also some american and Japanese planes suffer from a bad translation of the control input. Even turning off the instructor doesnĀ“t help. May we get an option to shut it down totally and we can fly without the "helping wheels"?

snail_b.png
Sergey Volkov: You can completely disable the instructor - go to full control.

40. Does the amount of fuel & bombs at the present time affect the plane performance in AB, RB & SB? I.E: a bomber plane threw away 2000kg bomb at the start of battle to increase it speed & climb rate OR carrying minimum fuel to maximize plane performance.

snail_b.png
Sergey Volkov: Yes, and the influence is very large. You can easily compare the characteristics of the aircraft with full fuel tanks and bombs and aircraft without them. The difference is very significant.

41. Is this rumor of a second 229 being added with Hes-011 engines true?

snail_b.png
Sergey Volkov: The second plane is not planned atm.

42. Will the BR of certain jets be lowered (for example MIG 9 and Meteor MK 3) so they don't face clearly superior aircraft such and the hunter and MIG 17. Or will there be a higher BR for top tier jets ?

snail_b.png
Kirill Yudintsev: The problem with 5 tier planes is that there are also not much of them totally.
So changing whom they meet changes a lot. Again, this is natural part of tier based MM - to have some kind of balance you need at least several vehicles to meet, sometimes you are flying on better, sometimes you meet more powerful opponents, sometimes equal.
Ideal balance is 'MiG-17 against MiG-17) and it is usually boring (but allow pure skill base MM like in tournaments)

43. Hello, since you sayed that Japanese, French and Italian Tanks are planned, i wanted to ask in which order they get released, or if you allready working on one Nation in particular?
Thanks for your Time and your Answers. Keep the great work up!

snail_b.png
Kirill Yudintsev: Japanese I think.

44. Do you plan to introduce a special mission/event for the historical event of nuclear bombs dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki? If so is there a chance that it becomes a multiplayer and permanent?

snail_b.png
Kirill Yudintsev: Of course not.

"...will we have smoke ammo?..."

45. I saw you said that there will be smoke grenade, but will we have smoke ammo so we can obstruct enemies vision for offensive purpose, not defensive ?

snail_b.png
Kirill Yudintsev: If if we'll have smoke grenades we'll definitely have smoke ammo (even earlier).

46. We saw, that you are adding IT-1 into war thunder. So it means, that War Thunder will have cold war tanks now?

snail_b.png
Kirill Yudintsev: It already had.
Leopard is cold war era tank and it is in the game.

47. Is T-55 or T-62 coming next 1.59?

snail_b.png
Viacheslav Bulannikov: No, for 1.59 the T-55 or T-62 are not scheduled.

48. Is M103 rework planned (armor, reload time and AP shell changes).

snail_b.png
Viacheslav Bulannikov: We will probably increase the level of detail of the turret armour's model. I've answered a question regarding shells in another comment.

49. Will there be infantry at some point in war thunder Groundforces?

snail_b.png
Kirill Yudintsev: It will be out of our age rating.

50. Feedback regarding the Last Man Standing feature was very negative. Do you have any plans for the future on that?

snail_b.png
Kirill Yudintsev: In fact it was mixed, not very negative. But looks like it is too hardcore for our players, so we'll think about removing it.

51. Will you ever add the ability to recrew ground vehicles at capture points?

snail_b.png
Kirill Yudintsev: Well, it will be good (from my point of view) to add some recrew options.

52. Will general sounds of planes and tanks get reworked? (including the allowance of Sound Modifications, and National Crew Voices)

snail_b.png
Kirill Yudintsev: We are making some research on improvements for sounds (especially planes) - testing new sound engine and so on. But can't provide any extra details now

53. Will we have possibility to choose which fuel tank will contain fuel ? In some planes like P-38 J L K there are fuel tanks in wings and in main airframe . I think that 20 minutes of fuel that i can take should be stored in one tank .

snail_b.png
Kirill Yudintsev: It is possible, but requires much work in UI (and lots of possible bugs) so we are planning this, but it is on low priority list.

"...Will we get battleships?..."

54. Will we get battleships in this year in war thunder?Ty for any answer:)

snail_b.png
Kirill Yudintsev: Can't answer now, sorry. It depends on lots of things.

55. Can you add visible holes (eg. I get shot in the turret and there is a hole) and if you could, make it so if you create a hole in a tank with AP rounds then fire a HE round into that hole and potentially kill the crew?

snail_b.png
Kirill Yudintsev: We really want this. But it looks like it is not possible because of performance

56. Are you planning to allow SB pilots unlock camouflages for their planes in the future? (You removed the skin unlocking from EC and it is the only mode for SB pilots)

snail_b.png
Kirill Yudintsev: Yes, we are thinking about it. We still want to have some more experiments with EC and better understand it' future first.

57. What do you plan to do about the gap in the US fighters between 5.0 and 6.0 (5.3 and 5.7) where there are no regular tree fighters, only bombers (B17E and E/L)? Because this is the main cause of what players name "The bomber spam" that is mostly pronounced on Hokkaido where the RAF planes can not cover.

snail_b.png
Kirill Yudintsev: Well, it happens after several rebalances on these ranks. I guess we'll add some planes\modifiactions here, but do not know details.

58. Will the P51 line, (mainly D-5,D-30) receive a FM update, especially working around its higher altitude performance? Also, any chance of the XP81 being added in the future, fascinating aircraft.

snail_b.png
Kirill Yudintsev: AFAIK P-51Ds have accurate FMs now.

59. Are there any plans to rebalance the AAA guns in Air Realistic Battles that cover the team airfields, which many players perceive to be extraordinarily and unrealistically powerful? Are there any plans to to implement spalling or any other mechanics that would bridge the perceived power gap between tanks with aphe vs pure AP?

snail_b.png
Kirill Yudintsev: They were rebalanced on last week and probably can be changed again on 1.59.

"...Will you add more Air Battle maps?..."

60. Will you add more Air Battle maps in the future updates, or Ground Battle maps are still being heavily focused?

snail_b.png
Kirill Yudintsev: Yes we are planning to add 1-2 Air maps in ~1.61.

61. (CDK) I heard that CDK missions or maps are going to be playable in the format of Multiplayer soon. Is that true?
Thats all.

snail_b.png
Kirill Yudintsev: In fact this feature already possible, with special permissions. We just want to test it more.
And we also wanted to add possibility to play also custom maps (not only missions), but that requires much more work.

62. Some jets, such as the He 162 and MiG-9, are currently suffering from extreme overheating issues (such as unexplicably low overheat thresholds, e.g. throttle needing to be under 85% to prevent yellow temperatures, and this threshold decreasing over the course of the match, depending on throttle setting used). Is this a confirmed bug, and if so, can we expect a fix anytime soon?

snail_b.png
Sergey Volkov: It's not a bug, yellow temperature indicates a time limit of 15 min. It's planned to make the overheat model of BMW-003 and Jumo-004 more detailed and harder.

63. Can you please tell me which source you based the Ki-44-IIs speed from? Thanks.

snail_b.png
Sergey Volkov: Different sources were used. Like the original guide and TAIC reports.

64. Will you guys reworked some flight model for planes like they should be in real life, especially for British planes?

snail_b.png
Sergey Volkov: If you founded some errors or bugs, you need to report it. But so i can not understand your question, which British aircraft in your opinion flying not correct?

65. Do you plan to introduce historical kamikaze planes which made a big affect on the naval battles? If so (or not) what do you think about it's affects on the game and mission balances?

snail_b.png
Kirill Yudintsev: No, we do not plan speical kamikaze planes.

66. Love the game, but I find it heavily Russian biased. In terms of planes and tanks they have the bigger guns in every tier, this should be addressed. Italy would be a good addition, but why France? They got steamrolled. Please add Canada. It needs more representation. With new dlc coming frequently will PS4 users ever see new trophies added? Thanks for your time.

snail_b.png
Kirill Yudintsev: There is no any Bias in our game. Of any nation. People always think that there is should be some 'simple' explanation of they think is imbalanced. But no one we'll make game to add any kind of bias. Forums and comments are much better place to add 'bias' - magnitudes times cheaper and easier and at least can have some sense.
Again, there is no bias in our game, of any kind. Except our bias in making interesting vehicles - that's why France is interesting (despite of results in WW2).

"...When can we expect to see ships in War Thunder?..."

67.When can we expect to see ships in War Thunder ?

snail_b.png
Kirill Yudintsev: We plan for 2016. Not 100%.

68. Why not make a Post-War Tier for the Post-War Tanks and Planes

snail_b.png
Kirill Yudintsev: It is better to make new game for cold-war-era\modern vehicles. Too many differences in gameplay and everything.

69. Will be there new BR 8.0 German tanks added to the game in the near future? If there will be, how many?

snail_b.png
Viacheslav Bulannikov: Modifications of Leopard-1, AAA - Gepard.

70. When the ships in War Thunder come out?

snail_b.png
Kirill Yudintsev: We are targeting 2016, but we'll see.

71. Now that a divide between WW2 and Post-WW2 vehicles has been rumored, how will this be done? On another note, will the rules for aviation additions be possibly changed to include further planes? Is the rule on AA missiles unchanged? What about SAM missiles and mobile launchers? Could the Su-9, 11 and 13 be included in the soviet tree? They are almost forgotten, and they might fill the 7.0 gap in the soviet tree. Also, the MiG-9 is over tiered in RB, and more deserves a 7.x BR to compete. Thanks

snail_b.png
Kirill Yudintsev: This is just rumors now. Not an official information

72. A few of us have seen videos/images of update 1.59. One of the most notable things spotted was an IT-1 Tank which is basically a mobile ATGM. While this will add a whole new level to the game. Will the USSR be the only nation getting a guided missile ?

snail_b.png
Kirill Yudintsev: No.

73. With news of a radio guided missile being added soon as well as a new top tier jet. Will the BR's be extended to 9 and 10 in the near future to help reduce post war fighting WW2 vehicles? fighting post war tanks and planes in the currently can be frustrating for some players, and missiles and new top tier tanks may make this worse if the BR is not extended.

snail_b.png
Kirill Yudintsev: If it will be required.

74. Will you add Me-262 HG-III to the game?

snail_b.png
Kirill Yudintsev: Probably no.

75. Are you going to add the B-36 peacemaker

snail_b.png
Kirill Yudintsev: Not planned now.

76. The balance issue is troubling lots of new and mature War Thunder players. We've been asking for a change for quite a while now. I'm confident that the team is working on BR changes. Irrelevant of how soon these will be implemented, is there going to be a major change in the BR system ? Are we going to see a better system for calculating BR ? Thanks.

snail_b.png
Kirill Yudintsev: The tier based games with random battles always have complaints on balance. The nature of tier based games can't provide 100% perfect balance for all. So it is not about BR system - this is about the idea that there random battles with random vehicles on random maps.

77. Are there any FM modifications in the works for the Ta 152 C and the P-51 ?

snail_b.png
Sergey Volkov: We plan some changes for Ta-152C in the next major update (it will be easier to control the aircraft). About 51 - no major changes planned atm.

"...Will Xbox One players see War Thunder?..."

78. Will Xbox One players see War Thunder after Microsoftā€™s cross-platform announcement?

snail_b.png
Kirill Yudintsev: There are chances now :)

79. Will be infantry added for game ?

snail_b.png
Kirill Yudintsev: No, except how it is already.

80. Hello! When are you guys going to look at the A7Ms turning ability? As an aircraft that met the requirement of having the turn of the Zero, the current A7M is not anywhere near the true A7Ms turning capabilities.

snail_b.png
Sergey Volkov: The aircraft has the maximum turn rate which it can have, according to its thrust-weight ratio and aerodynamics. And for aircraft of such size and weight it is outstanding!

81. Besides the thunder league that focuses on teams. War Thunder will have a unique competitive mode for clans? We can expect an interaction between squad battles in the game with a platform TBS (turn-based strategy) in web browser?

snail_b.png
Kirill Yudintsev: Some kind of that will appear in World War mode.

82. There are a lot of graphical problems in the game (mainly it concerns the AMD graphics users). And it keeps for like 2 major updates. Will this be addressed and when? Thanks.

snail_b.png
Kirill Yudintsev: Sorry, but I only know about AMD issues on Mac and Linux and also have heard that new AMD drivers cause some issues. Please, post link on reports, I'll check.

83. (RB)Currently, Most maps play out until one team kills another. One reason is that the airfields require a very large number of bombs that can only be delivered by late bombers such as the b-29. Are there any plans to make the objectives more attainable so that players can be more strategic, rather than simply destroying the other team every game? (RB)The map Norway is disliked by many players. Could we see a rework of this map? maybe with less ships and deadly AAA in the middle of the map.

snail_b.png
Kirill Yudintsev: This is done intentionally, cause of many complaints of 'bomber rush', when part of one team use bombers and easily win the battle. But I'll check it again. Norway map question I'll check too.

84. In October of last year, it was announced that *dozens* of new decals would be added in update 1.53. As of today, only a handful of them have been added, primarily via the Warbond shop. Is this the Warbond shop the new norm for all decals, or will the ones that were promised almost seven months ago be added to the game and unlockable as usual? If so, when can we realistically expect to see them in-game?

snail_b.png
Kirill Yudintsev: "soonā„¢". 1.59 I guess.

Well, I've been playing German tanks a bit recently, I currently have The Jagdpanther and Tiger II P (working on the Panther F), and now the boot is on the other foot.... **** the IS 2. My heart sinks every time I see one of those now.
Stalin-2 is a great tank, one of my favourites. But in this game, it's kinda nervous to play. Engaging King Tigers head-on is tricky. The price of a miss is very high. Areas without proper covers for reloading should be avoided. But still, the firepower is worth it. A tricky machine to play, but there's huge fun if your game is going well.

IT IS!?!?!?!?!?
Yeah, it is... I'm picking the proper setup to join.
Too bad the premium Soviet P-40 and Hurricane (I don't have these) are allowed, but the premium P-38K-1 (that I have) is not. :ouch:

Oh! New Dev Blog!

Yermolayev Yer-2 - A Soviet with Italian Heritage

Download Wallpaper: 1280x1024 | 1920x1080 | 2560x1140

As the clouds of war gathered over Europe in the 1930s and countries rearmed, civil aircraft designs were adapted for military use. The luxurious Short Empire flying boats evolved into the Short Sunderland, and the transatlantic Focke-Wulf Fw 200 airliner was modified for long-range maritime patrol.

yer2m105_2f184d3fbb6f22b685010a5e0efd6092.png

RANK III: Yer-2 M-105
Engine Power:
1 050 HP x2 (@4000m)
Top Speed: 445 kph @ 4000m with 100% throttle, closed
radiators, full fuel &
4 x 250 kg bombs

Wingspan: 21,65 m
Length: 16,23 m
Armament: 7,62mm MG x3
up to 4.000kg bombs

In the Soviet Union Roberto Bartini, an Italian designer, had developed the Stal-7 airliner which claimed a world record in 1939 by flying at an average speed of 404.94 km/h over 5,000 km. The potential of the Stal-7 as a bomber was recognised but Bartini, like fellow designers Tupolev and Petlyakov, had been arrested in 1938 on trumped-up charges. Work on the resulting DB-240 (dahl'niy bombardirovschik ā€” long-range bomber) was therefore headed by Vladimir Yermolayev, Bartini's Chief Engineer, and the aircraft entered service as the Yer-2 in 1941.

The outstanding features of the Yer-2 were its long range and heavy bomb load, and while range is seldom of great importance in War Thunderā€™s Random Battles, the bomb load of the Yer-2 is exceptional and useful in any mode. With all modifications unlocked the first variants can mount two 1,000kg bombs externally in addition to four 500kg bombs internally. These heavy bombs can destroy most ground targets in the game, and are ideally suited for for bombing bases. The weight of bombs required to destroy a base varies depending on game mode and rank, but 4,000kg of bombs should be enough for two bases in Realistic Mode or one in Arcade.

To bomb a base, though, you have to reach it, and the main drawback of the Yer-2 is its vulnerability. It is not especially fast, especially when loaded down with external ordnance, and three machine guns offer little protection against the heavily armed fighters they typically encounter. If possible bring a wingman or two of your own for cover; enemy fighters can become fixated on what looks like an easy kill and in turn become targets themselves. If flying solo then cloudy weather or darkness may offer opportunities to hide, but you have two main choices:

Stay at high altitude and hope that your team maintains air superiority, or dive straight for a base and hope you reach it before being intercepted. As the latter puts you at a high risk of being shot down, however, you should consider the big picture of the match beforehand.

With up to 4 tons of bombs for the early and 5 tons for the later diesel versions, the Yer-2 is an excellent base bomber. But don't be fooled:
With "only" around 2000 to 3000 HP, you can't expect miracles of performance especially while climbing. Pick your bombload wisely!

Strategic bombing was an important part of Soviet air doctrine in the early 1930s, exemplified by the massive TB-3 bomber, but experience in the Spanish Civil War changed the focus to tactical battlefield support, and you will notice this when flying both the TB-3 and Yer-2 in War Thunder. Only a small number of Yer-2s were built in 1941 before the factory was evacuated under threat from the German advance, and production of the Ilyushin Il-2 took priority over long-range bombers. Squadrons equipped with the Yer-2 made a few raids on German cities in 1941, but the majority of their missions were launched against tactical targets. Suffering heavy attrition and with no replacement aircraft being produced only a handful remained in service by the end of 1942.

To improve the range of the Yer-2 trials were conducted with diesel engines. The results were encouraging enough that, with the front stabilised and Il-2s pouring out of factories, the Yer-2 was put back into production in 1943 with Charomskiy ACh-30B diesel engines. The new variant was slower but featured upgraded defensive armament with a 20mm cannon in the dorsal turret, and could carry an additional 1,000kg external bomb.

While the early versions of the Yer-2 feature light ShKAS or heavy Berezin MGs only, more defensive punching power is added with the increasingly
powerful diesel variants: A combination of heavy Berezin MGs and the Soviet Union's favorite 20mm ShVAK cannon is a potent upgrade.

The final two Yer-2 variants in War Thunder represent these diesel-engined models. The first is an early version, the second has a revised two-man cockpit instead of the distinctive offset cockpit of previous variants. The extra 1,000kg bomb makes them even more potent, but being slower and facing higher ranked opponents keeps survival a challenge; the defensive cannon is useful, but sensible opponents will attack from below.

Diesel Yer-2s remained in service post-war until replaced by four engined bombers, and the design returned to its airliner roots with a small number of Yer-2ON conversions as VIP transport aircraft. Yermolayev died in 1944 and his design bureau was absorbed by Sukhoi; Bartini was released from prison after the war and continued to work in the aerospace industry.

In trying to make the Yer-2 design fit for combat again, more powerful diesel engines were installed on a modernized frame. When comparing
both series in War Thunder, the difference between the petrol and late diesel versions become immediately apparent - just compare the size!

The Yer-2 series of bombers stand out in the Soviet tree for their exceptionally heavy bomb loads, making them the go-to aircraft for pilots who want to get the maximum weight of ordnance onto enemy targets.

Author: John "Zoso" Moore

Want to read more about the vehicles in War Thunder? Find other Vehicle Profiles on our website!

I have the early Yer-2. Not much fun. The Pe-8 is much better. :sly:

BTW, I finally got this:
PzKpfw.VI Ausf.B "Tiger II" (H) in Normandy by RageRacer48, on Flickr

Tiger II with Henschel turret. Tested it - very good. If you avoid getting flanked and keep the enemy at proper distance, you're almost invincible. The previous model had a weak turret and required careful gameplay. But this one is way harder to penetrate (hitting the turret top works, though).

Also, I'd like the game to have historic scope sights available. Like these:
German:
tzf12a_rev4.png

Soviet:
IS-2GSTSch-17.jpg

They were present in Red Orchestra, but still not in War Thunder...

I have the early Yer-2. Not much fun. The Pe-8 is much better. :sly:

BTW, I finally got this:
PzKpfw.VI Ausf.B "Tiger II" (H) in Normandy by RageRacer48, on Flickr

Tiger II with Henschel turret. Tested it - very good. If you avoid getting flanked and keep the enemy at proper distance, you're almost invincible. The previous model had a weak turret and required careful gameplay. But this one is way harder to penetrate (hitting the turret top works, though).

Also, I'd like the game to have historic scope sights available. Like these:
German:
tzf12a_rev4.png

Soviet:
IS-2GSTSch-17.jpg

They were present in Red Orchestra, but still not in War Thunder...

From a super recent Q&A

Historical scopes - no news, it is too complicated, they have something more important to work on. If they come out it will be an option in the interface;

Too complicated my ass...

edit:

Tiger II H has now grown onto me a lot lately. I first started out the game by grinding the German SPG/TD line, and loved them. But after people started learning that shooting the angled plate on the Ferdinand is a one shot kill, I've resorted to the tank line-up. Trying desperately to get some camo for it though..

Last edited:
Maintenance%20(7).jpg

• The number of ammo rounds in certain armoured vehicle belts has been changed. Belt prices have been corrected accordingly. (Previously, the number of reloads in a battle could be different than the number of actually spent belts.) The following vehicles are affected:
    Š¢-60, 72-Šš GAZ-ŠœŠœ, Pz.II DAK, Pz.II C, Pz.II F, Sd.Kfz. 140/1, Flakpanzer I, Sd.Kfz. 6/2, Ostwind, Kugelblitz, Wirbelwind, Coelian, ZSU-57-2, ZUT-37, ZSU-37, M16 MGMC, M13 MGMC, M15 CGMC, M15 CGMC, M19, M42 Duster, Gepard, M2A2, 4M GAZ AAA, 94-KM ZIS-12, Falcon, T17E2, AC Mk.II AA, Crusader AA Mk.I,Crusader AA Mk.II, Crusader AA Mk.I, Crusader AA Mk.II.
  • Mission score gained in RB battles (both air and combined) whilst flying aircraft has been increased by 60% (which will also result in higher RP and SL gain).

Note: This server update applies to all platforms unless specifically highlighted.

YES

Maintenance%20(7).jpg

• The number of ammo rounds in certain armoured vehicle belts has been changed. Belt prices have been corrected accordingly. (Previously, the number of reloads in a battle could be different than the number of actually spent belts.) The following vehicles are affected:
    Š¢-60, 72-Šš GAZ-ŠœŠœ, Pz.II DAK, Pz.II C, Pz.II F, Sd.Kfz. 140/1, Flakpanzer I, Sd.Kfz. 6/2, Ostwind, Kugelblitz, Wirbelwind, Coelian, ZSU-57-2, ZUT-37, ZSU-37, M16 MGMC, M13 MGMC, M15 CGMC, M15 CGMC, M19, M42 Duster, Gepard, M2A2, 4M GAZ AAA, 94-KM ZIS-12, Falcon, T17E2, AC Mk.II AA, Crusader AA Mk.I,Crusader AA Mk.II, Crusader AA Mk.I, Crusader AA Mk.II.
  • Mission score gained in RB battles (both air and combined) whilst flying aircraft has been increased by 60% (which will also result in higher RP and SL gain).

Note: This server update applies to all platforms unless specifically highlighted.

YES
Yeah I saw that this morning and was like "welp, once again AF gets more OP rewards than GF does... Excellent"

And right after I thought of that I got a 500% rp booster, jumped in EC and got screwed over. The match was nearly done and didn't get to bomb anything..

Yeah I saw that this morning and was like "welp, once again AF gets more OP rewards than GF does... Excellent"

And right after I thought of that I got a 500% rp booster, jumped in EC and got screwed over. The match was nearly done and didn't get to bomb anything..

Yeah GF gives you like nothing. Although i am a bit pissed, because that RB in the F4U-1c and i got 5 kills i got nothing .-.

Preliminary Update Notes - War Thunder Update 1.59
This is a preliminary update. Expect to see bugs and inconsistencies in this opening of the dev server. The content you see should not be taken as final and will likely be changed, added to or indeed removed on final release. Please report any unusual behaviour on the forums! Please try to focus on testing new vehicles and locations and leave feedback. Thank you.

• New and updated vehicles
    • USA
      • T29
      • M551 ā€œSheridanā€™ā€™
      • M48A1
      • LVT(A)(1)
      • B-29 (updated model)
      • B-18
      • P-61 (cockpits added)
    • USSR
      • IT-1
      • ASU-57
      • ASU-85
      • KV-2 ZiS-6
      • IS-3 (updated model)
      • Yak-30
      • Tu-4
    • Germany
      • Raketenjagdpanzer-2
      • ā€œSturer Emilā€
      • Pz.Kpfw.III Ausf. B (reserve vehicle)
      • KV-II 754Ā®
      • T-34-747Ā®
      • Hs 123
      • He 162-A2
      • He 162-A2 (updated model)
      • He 219-A7
      • Bf 109-B2 (cockpit added)
    • Britain
      • Cromwell Mk.V RP3
      • Strv 81
      • Halifax Mk.IIIa
      • Wyvern S.4
      • Spitfire F. Mk. IX (updated model)
    • Japan
      • N1K1Ja
      • Ki-61-2
      • N1K2 (updated models)
  • New Ground Forces game mechanics
    • Trauma Packs - researchable modification (expendable) that allows the reviving of one crew member that has been knocked out during the battle.
    • Appliable armour modules added for the following vehicles:
      • USA:
        • M4A2
        • M10 Wolverine
      • USSR:
        • IS-2 1944
      • Germany:
        • Pz.Kpfw.IV F2
        • Stuh 42G
        • Stug III G
        • Jagdpanzer IV
        • Panzer IV/70(V)
      • Britain:
        • Firefly IC Scorpion (premium)
        • 17pdr M10 Achilles
  • Missions and locations
    • New location for combined battles ā€œPort Novorossiyskā€.
    • New location for aircraft battles 80 x 80 Miles (128 x 128 km), covering the coast of Britain, France and the English Channel (La Manche).
    • New aircraft mission: ā€œ[Operation] Boulogne-sur-Merā€ devoted to an attempt to evacuate French troops from the port of Boulogne-sur-Mer at the end of May 1940 during the Battle of France.
  • Changes in locations and missions
    • Spawn distance for fighters and attackers has been changed for all ā€œground strikeā€ battles:
      • BR 1.0-2.0: 8,000 m between spawns (no change, was 8,000)
      • BR 2.3-4.0: 12,000 m between spawns (was 10,000)
      • BR 4.3-5.7: 16,000 m between spawns (was 14,000)
      • BR 6.0+: 22,000 m between spawns (was 14,000)
    • Distance between bombers when spawning in ā€œground strikeā€ battles changed to 20,000 m (was 18,000).
    • Bombing target areas and airfield destruction functionality has been added in ā€œFront Lineā€ in Arcade Battles as heavy bombers require adequate targets.
    • In ā€œGround Strikeā€ mode, where the bombing zones were too close to the main battle area, these zones have been moved away to allow bombers increased security.
    • Accuracy of AAA has been decreased in Arcade Mode.
    • In ā€œDominationā€ mode on the old version of the location Mozdok has been returned.
    • New respawn for 16+ matching ranks on the distance of 19,000 m from each other in ā€œDominationā€ mode has been added.
    • New ā€œDominationā€™ missions: Ardennes (2 airfields), Eastern Europe (2 airfields), Finland (1 airfield)
    • In the mission ā€œBerlinā€ [Domination] capture airfields have been rotated by 90 degrees to give easier to approach.
    • All ā€œGround Strikeā€ missions now have same number of bomb zones and their size has been increased by approximately 200m so that they can be easier bombed from a higher altitude.
    • All ā€œOperationā€ missions now have light units appearing at the 10th minute. These units can be destroyed with MG fire which causes your opponent to lose points. The number of units is enough to remove some of the victory score points but not all of them.
    • Winter and Summer Stalingrad map (including combined battle map) have ā€œBarricadyā€ and ā€œKrasnyi Oktyabrā€™ā€ factories added.
    • For all missions in the game mode [Operation], new air respawn points have been added. Respawn points for fighters are further from the mission objectives than the airfield. Respawn points for bombers and attackers are closer. Altitude for respawn points:
      • Attackers: 1000 m
      • Bombers: 3000 m
      • Long-range bombers: 4000 m
      • Interceptors: 2000 m
      • Air defence fighters: 3000 m
    • Five locations have been added to the game mode ā€œEnduring confrontationā€: Bulge, Korsun, Kursk, winter Stalingrad and Zhengzhou.
    • Balance changes in the ground vehicles location ā€œKubanā€.
    • New mission for game mode [Conquest] for tank location ā€œMozdokā€ has been added.
  • Camouflages
    • ā€œDesertā€ camouflages for early German tanks has been added.
    • ā€œThree-colourā€, ā€œDesert three-colourā€, ā€œDesert two-colourā€ and ā€œWinter two-colourā€ camouflages for all Soviet ground vehicles have been added.
    • ā€œEl Alameinā€ and ā€œNorth African two-colourā€ camouflages have been added for all british ground vehicles.

Crew Trauma packs

You are an excellent warrior with a score of burning enemies in your wake, but your many trials have left only your driver and gunner unhurt. And the enemy is hot on your heels. Ā«Oh, if only I had a second chance. Iā€™d show them!Ā» - Now you do have a second chance! We are pleased to present an improvement to gameplay in War Thunder tank battles ā€“ a trauma pack for the crew.

In Update 1.59 ā€˜Flaming Arrowsā€™, any ground vehicle can be equipped with a trauma pack,
which allows you to bring one crew member per vehicle per battle back into the action.

The trauma pack can be obtained like any ordinary consumable module in the vehicle research menu and is spent in battle automatically when only one crew member is left in your tank. If you have no trauma pack or have spent it, your vehicle will be considered destroyed when there are less than two crew members left, as before. The mechanics are the same for all modes.

Use this new chance and lead your team to victory, whatever happens!
See you on the battlefield!

Back