War Thunder (F2P Air/Ground combat MMO)

Scheduled Server Maintenance, 9.6.2016, 08:00 GMT (UTC)
engineer.jpg

Pilots and tankers!

The War Thunder game servers will be closed for scheduled maintenance, dedicated to the Update 1.59 "Flaming Arrows", on the 9th of June from 08:00 GMT (UTC). We will inform you when maintenance is over.

Premium accounts will be compensated for the downtime.

Thank you for your patience!

preload_0a0821e9bcf064040faa5a52acf7af4c.png

Please note you can use the new "Preload" feature,
that significantly reduces the download time.

One nice thing about this update (if it wasn't already) is that a lot of the high-tier aircraft have had their RP cost reduced, massively in some cases... for example, the Mig's/IL-28 have been cut down to 130k(!). This is all across the board, just to be clear... not nation-specific.

I think I heard somewhere that's it's only temporary, but regardless, now's a good a time as any to grab some!

Haven't played in about two weeks, and I'm perfectly fine with that. I've spent most of the time on wold of warships, aside from it being a great game, but the developers are much more tolerant and actually listen to feedback.

Which tier is it going to be in?
Premium tier III, they say.

I suddenly want to work the German tank tree. :drool:
See above. This Brummbar will be a good purchase before you start working the German tree hard. ;)

But, if you consider burning some money in this game for a tier III German premium tank, I'd recommend a KV-1B (with German 75mm cannon).

Also. Another Japanese plane coming to WT - Kawanishi Ki-100.
ki100_2560x1140_logo_ru_024cde14efee63d939ec3d18b63c0f81.jpg

Will be in the army fighters branch at tier III.

Another operation objective done today (destroy 12 enemy vehicles on a tier 3+ medium tank or 6 vehicles in RB mode). 4 kills were done on this Panzer IV. In RB. In a single match.

That's how it looked after that. :D
Miho and her friends did their best.
Pz. IV H "Ankou team" by RageRacer48, on Flickr

I really like that damage model. :rolleyes:

(Another reason why @SVX should join us in WT. Hehe)

Another operation objective done today (destroy 12 enemy vehicles on a tier 3+ medium tank or 6 vehicles in RB mode). 4 kills were done on this Panzer IV. In RB. In a single match.

That's how it looked after that. :D
Miho and her friends did their best.

I really like that damage model. :rolleyes:

(Another reason why @SVX should join us in WT. Hehe)
Man if only I could grab those skins on PS4. ;_; :D Just have to pretend I'm Pravda in my T-34's then. :P

I hate it how much harder the grind gets towards the end of tier 3.. -_-; Either that or the game simply is that much harder to play with a controller instead of mouse and keyboard. Funnily enough, I seem to do the best in the Japanese paperplanes. True, they're not meant for speed or hitting power on tier 3, but their agility makes up for it tenfold. Just have to avoid those thousand little fireflies, aka incendiary .50cal rounds..

I hate it how much harder the grind gets towards the end of tier 3.. -_-; Either that or the game simply is that much harder to play with a controller instead of mouse and keyboard. Funnily enough, I seem to do the best in the Japanese paperplanes. True, they're not meant for speed or hitting power on tier 3, but their agility makes up for it tenfold. Just have to avoid those thousand little fireflies, aka incendiary .50cal rounds..
The DS4 does make it harder in the "mouse aim" styled controls, the more agile the ppane the better though. That or taking advantage of the Russian bias. :P

That comment at the end. XD
In the Russian section, the winning comment was different: "Next time, he'll kill someone on another server."
Here's the vid BTW - "Strategic artillery".

The 1.61 update is here. :cheers:
http://warthunder.com/en/news/4178-war-thunder-update-1-61-road-to-glory-en/

The decorator I won is MP-40. Looks great on all nations' tanks.
T-34-85 (early mod. D-5T cannon) by RageRacer48, on Flickr

Gun Motor Carriage M10 "Wolverine" by RageRacer48, on Flickr

I wish they added an AK47/AKM decorator sometime. Would fit great on post-war Soviet tanks (like PT-76 and the recently added T-62).

MP40 doing a swag M3 Grease Gun impression. 👍 :lol: AK47 would be neat to put on the T-54's/62's, especially since a tanker designed it. :D

If you get too angry of getting one-shot-killed in RB again, you should take a swim. This will relax... for some time.
PT-76 amphibious tank by RageRacer48, on Flickr
PT-76 amphibious tank by RageRacer48, on Flickr

On some maps, you can attack the eneimes from where they don't expect.
I tried doing that on Normandy beach once - drove through the sea and approached an enemy Panther from the side. The enemy didn't spot me even when I started shooting - he was shooting randomly into the sea when he knew the fire is coming from there - probably because the waves were covering me. But because of these waves, my aiming was like a drunk man's. Although I did a couple of hits, I didn't do much damage to him (was using the APCR shells - I didn't unlock its good HEAT rounds yet). And when he finally spotted me... The max floating speed of PT-76 is about 10 km/h so there's no way I could escape, and the armor is totally useless, so the result was expectable... :D

Last edited:
NO MORE ****** POI....

But honestly, reading this was such an upset, seeing how a Yamato class, New Orleans class, Cleveland class, and many other ships were already in game at low res model, to find that we're getting dingys first, was such a let down.

Not switching to War Thunder naval until I see 3-4 hour possible games, or at least a full line of US and IJN ships. Warships does it well enough for me right now, and I quite like it.

NO MORE ****** POI....

But honestly, reading this was such an upset, seeing how a Yamato class, New Orleans class, Cleveland class, and many other ships were already in game at low res model, to find that we're getting dingys first, was such a let down.

Not switching to War Thunder naval until I see 3-4 hour possible games, or at least a full line of US and IJN ships. Warships does it well enough for me right now, and I quite like it.

Like you, I wasn't impressed to see the ships that they are going to use for closed beta and pry won't play it until they have WWII ships which everyone wants to play. I'm happy to play World of Warships with all of the glory ships of WWII. Won't be switching for now until Warthunder makes those ships available to play.

Back