• Leopard 2A4
USSR

• Т-62М-1
  • Т-64BV, as modification of Т-64B
Great Britain

• Mk.VIA AA
  • Chieftain Marksman
  • Centurion Mk.5 AVRE
  • Super Conqueror (modification of Conqueror)
Japan

• Type 90
France

• AMX-40
Aircraft
USA

• FJ-4B
  • P-40F-10
  • P40E-1 (updated model)
Germany

• Bf 109 Z
  • Bf 110 F-2
  • Bf 110 G-2
  • Bf 110 C-7 (updated model)
USSR

• IL-28Sh
Japan

• Ki-32
Italy

• IAR-81C (actually it's a Romanian fighter, but they'll be adding other Axis aircraft to the Italian tree)
  • Re.2000 G.A.
France

• F4U-7
  • F-84G-26-RE
  • LeO 451 late
Great Britain

• Beaufighter Mk.21 (player-made detailed cockpit)
Navy
USA

• PT-6
  • Elco PT-20
  • PT-71
  • Elco PT-103
  • Nasty PTF
  • SC-497
  • LCS
  • PC-451
  • Elco PT-314
  • PT-625
  • Elco PT-565
  • PT-810
  • Elco PT-59
  • Tucumcari
  • Asheville
  • Clemson (DD-336)
  • Clemson (DD-213)
  • Fletcher
  • Trenton CL-11
  • PT-109
  • Bennion
  • Cowell
Germany

• LS
  • S-38
  • S-38b
  • R-41
  • R-130
  • R-301
  • SF 40 Leichte
  • SF 40 Schwere
  • AF D1
  • AF D3
  • MZ1
  • S-100 (1945)
  • S-100 (1944)
  • VS-10
  • Typ 140 Jaguar
  • Pr. 206 GDR
  • Typ 143 Albatros
  • Leopard 1932
  • T-22 type 1939
  • Kanonenboot K-2
  • Z-20
  • Emden 1926
  • S-204 Lang
  • VS-8
  • Z-20 Karl Galster

The P47 will get its air spawn removed, am i bothered by it? Not really, because it used to not have an air spawn in early days of War Thunder.
/shrug

I think I have a critical weakness to Soviet planes. In three arcade air battles I died 6-7 times to I-15s or I-16s, usually before I could react because they'd fire a short burst, and my pilot's dead before they're finished. Irritating, but not a game killer...mainly because I'm horrid anyway.

EDIT: Been at it a few days straight and I have one question...what the hell is the Engine Core of the P-36 made of, spongecake? Almost every battle I use it, the engine dies from a gun turret looking at it meanly.

Last edited:
Fritz-X in ground realistic battles:

Looks extremely fun. Almost like modern guided bombs...

(I tried looking for English-speaking youtubers, but they didn't try it in ground RB mode against player-controlled tanks.)

Xbox version is out on early access. $20 for the cheapest pack, $100 for the most expensive.

I bought the cheap pack, so I’ll be returning to the battlefield tonight. So if you see Noob Saibot 007, that’s me.

Welp...
20180702214810_1.jpg

We were utterly destroyed. Hard evidence that if you want success, for the love of all things holy, make sure I'm not the best pilot on the side.

I'm assembling the T-34E, one of the rewards for this year's "Operation Summer". Completed the engine and drivetrain, now progressing on the hull.

20180806014246_1.jpg

It took some time to find a document that says that T-34 has four batteries. Which means I have to craft 4 of them... :ill:

Reddit has all of the recipes.
I don't need those, I know what T-34 constists of. But I needed to make sure about some small details (like the batteries).
You can always find the proper recipe by thinking logically and excluding the wrong ones.

The IS-7, however, is divided into much more parts (over 500 materials needed in total), so the reference is more useful. But thanks G-d I'm not doing it.

So I completed the hull and turret, now building the chassis. Oooohhh... 20 springs!

Apparently, one sold on the market for $1,000+
Yep... can't believe somebody loves this game so much.

t7yXKQqSi00.jpg

So, I assembled the T-34E and exchanged it for AEC Mk.II (the British armored car that was a reward for 2018 New Year Marathon).

But I haven't used the coupon yet. I'll think about selling it and getting something from the Gaijin store instead (you can spend the GJN in the Store, too). Like the Italian tank, Carro Armato P40. It'll also come with 1000 eagles, which is enough to buy IAR 81 (the Romanian fighter in the Italian tree).

Same, but the pack with the T55. Been waiting for a decent Russian MBT to have fun in.
I wanted to buy it too, just because of the decorator (AK assault rifle). But then I thought, there are plenty of other games where I can fire an AK, not just look at it.

The players of the Russian community predict that the T-55AM is going to suck. The expected BR is 9.0 (the T-55A has 8.7 and T-62M-1 has 9.3). The XM-1 has the same BR, but it’s better in almost everything - speed, turret turning, rate of fire, penetration...

However, if T-55AM will still have the explosive AP shells (not sure how they are called in English version), the same as T-55A has, that’s going to be better. However, it wouldn’t be historically correct - the T-55AM was introduced in 1983, while explosive AP shells weren’t included in Soviet tank ammunition since ‘60s. But for the sake of balance, the Snails might do it.

And just a cite note, the T-55AM isn’t a true MBT - it’s just an upgrade of an old tank classified as medium.

I wanted to buy it too, just because of the decorator (AK assault rifle). But then I thought, there are plenty of other games where I can fire an AK, not just look at it.

The players of the Russian community predict that the T-55AM is going to suck. The expected BR is 9.0 (the T-55A has 8.7 and T-62M-1 has 9.3). The XM-1 has the same BR, but it’s better in almost everything - speed, turret turning, rate of fire, penetration...

However, if T-55AM will still have the explosive AP shells (not sure how they are called in English version), the same as T-55A has, that’s going to be better. However, it wouldn’t be historically correct - the T-55AM was introduced in 1983, while explosive AP shells weren’t included in Soviet tank ammunition since ‘60s. But for the sake of balance, the Snails might do it.

And just a cite note, the T-55AM isn’t a true MBT - it’s just an upgrade of an old tank classified as medium.
I didn't really put much emphasis on how the T55 performs really. I've always liked the style of tank from the T54 and up. Low profile, and easy to conceal. I bought the T44-122 a while ago thinking it would be fun but I've only played <10 games or so in it. This should be a bit more entertaining.

I didn't really put much emphasis on how the T55 performs really. I've always liked the style of tank from the T54 and up. Low profile, and easy to conceal. I bought the T44-122 a while ago thinking it would be fun but I've only played <10 games or so in it. This should be a bit more entertaining.
I tried the T-44-122 on a test drive and didn't like it much. The reload time is awfully long (longer than on other Soviet tanks with 122 mm cannon). The T-34-100 is better, IMO.

Regarding the T-55AM - the devs changed it for T-55AM-1, which means it'll have a bit more powerful engine (690 hp instead of 630) - the same as on the T-62M-1.

Also, my new toy:

North American FJ-4B Fury (VMF-232)
by RageRacer48, on Flickr

North American FJ-4B Fury (VMF-232)

That exclusive Fury with guided missiles (AGM-12 Bullpup)... but they need to be unlocked. Which is not going to be soon for me (one modification of level 1 needs 25000 XP to research) - or I can just spend some eagles.
Anyway, I took it for a ride in air RB and shot the first MiG-15 already.

There's a review on this thing:

Damn, the missile chase camera makes it too OP.

Last edited:
I played the helicopters on the DEV server.
Tested three: AH-1, Mi-4AV and Mi-24D.

Bell AH-1 Cobra

Mil Mi-4AV

Mil Mi-24D

Mil Mi-24D

The Cobra is almost useless without ATGMs. The Hydras can only hit from close range, on which any T-54/55 with 12.7mm machine gun can take you down.
The Mi-4 has kinda buggy flight model and can suddenly lose control.
But the Crocodile is very fun to play. After using all 4 of the Falanga missiles, you dive and rain the enemy with S-5 rockets. It's hard to hit with the current controls, but I managed to destroy a couple of light vehicles with them (Begleitpanzer and a BMP).

And yeah, the BMP-2. I tried it, too. And it's great.

BMP-2D

Last edited:
The Cobra is almost useless without ATGMs. The Hydras can only hit from close range, on which any T-54/55 with 12.7mm machine gun can take you down.
The Mi-4 has kinda buggy flight model and can suddenly lose control.
But the Crocodile is very fun to play. After using all 4 of the Falanga missiles, you dive and rain the enemy with S-5 rockets. It's hard to hit with the current controls, but I managed to destroy a couple of light vehicles with them (Begleitpanzer and a BMP).

Russian bias strikes again! :lol:

I can't wait till I get my hind and I'm able to do just that. Staying at range for the first few strikes and then buzzing in blazing fast with the rockets to finish/crit others.

The 1.81 update is out. My angry Crocodile is finally on the mission.

Mil Mi-24D

There is a helicopter-only battle mode on the new Vietnam map. There are lots of AI targets to have fun with, but players mostly battle other helicopters instead. :indiff:

Also, there are nice helicopter skins on WT Live already. I installed this "MSF" livery from MGS Peace Walker.

Mil Mi-24D

I can't wait till I get my hind and I'm able to do just that. Staying at range for the first few strikes and then buzzing in blazing fast with the rockets to finish/crit others.
I tried the Mi-24D in ground battles, too. I don't have any Rank VI tanks, so I use my Chinese Type 62 to gain points by capturing bases and spotting targets for teammates.

When I get to respawn in the chopper, it lives less than one minute in 3 cases of 4 because of enemy fixed wing aircraft. (Some players advice to fly as low as possible so it's harder for planes to spot you.)

But I had one fun battle. On Fulda map, I headed on a low altitude and spotted a moving Japanese tank (Type 90). Launched two missiles at him (one missed and one hit his track and broke it), and he launched smoke grenades to hide. I dived on him, firing few S-5 rockets into the smoke cloud, and crit him. :D My team finished him later. On the way out, someone damaged me with machine gun fire. I turned around, saw an MBT-70 and killed it with a remaining Falanga.

Then, headed to the base to repair and resupply... and got downed by an F-86. :irked:

The 1.81 update is out. My angry Crocodile is finally on the mission.

Mil Mi-24D

There is a helicopter-only battle mode on the new Vietnam map. There are lots of AI targets to have fun with, but players mostly battle other helicopters instead. :indiff:

Also, there are nice helicopter skins on WT Live already. I installed this "MSF" livery from MGS Peace Walker.

Mil Mi-24D

I tried the Mi-24D in ground battles, too. I don't have any Rank VI tanks, so I use my Chinese Type 62 to gain points by capturing bases and spotting targets for teammates.

When I get to respawn in the chopper, it lives less than one minute in 3 cases of 4 because of enemy fixed wing aircraft. (Some players advice to fly as low as possible so it's harder for planes to spot you.)

But I had one fun battle. On Fulda map, I headed on a low altitude and spotted a moving Japanese tank (Type 90). Launched two missiles at him (one missed and one hit his track and broke it), and he launched smoke grenades to hide. I dived on him, firing few S-5 rockets into the smoke cloud, and crit him. :D My team finished him later. On the way out, someone damaged me with machine gun fire. I turned around, saw an MBT-70 and killed it with a remaining Falanga.

Then, headed to the base to repair and resupply... and got downed by an F-86. :irked:
Yeah.... so far my experience has been completely dissatisfied. I was hoping we would be able to also play in Air RB but that's not the case. The Heli AB and RB are very boring to take part in, especially if you're the Russians, and the rewards are absolutely abysmal.

Tank SB when they are in the line ups seem to be the only fun one so far, as there are fewer jets and a lot of novice pilots out there. The only issue I have is that the Helipads have no AA, and you're constantly being bum rushed at the start of the games by enemy jets while you're still taking off. It's a bit sad really. I don't understand how a lot of this stuff was tested so much and yet this is what we got.

Hopefully there are a lot of changes that happens soon. For one I definitely want to be able to spawn at my airfield which has AAA, not my Helipads...

Latest Posts

Back