War Thunder (F2P Air/Ground combat MMO)

I can't recall ever colliding with a friendly plane. I have however team killed a friendly tank. Granted if I'm firing my gun on my IS-1 and you cross RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME, then yeah you'll probably get shot by me because you're stupid.

That's why I always cross behind the turret a friendly tank that isn't moving. Never know if they're lining up an enemy and going to shoot.

I've had people run into me in ground battles as I attempt to fire at an enemy... throwing my aim off and resulting in me getting destroyed by the enemy I was attempting to shoot.

The worst one is when someone flies straight into my path of fire and I get a teamkill. Note to people. 30mm cannons will rip you to shreds.

@Carlos I suppose that i'm gonna have to add you on WT also huh? look forward to playing with you also!

@TheKitten lol, your paws will get used to it sooner or later! I used to be just like you :D

@DurWinning You are lucky if you haven't had any mid-air collisions. Most of the time I'll just get rammed by friendlies because they want my kill :ouch:

@GTPorsche One time someone rammed my tank and knocked out my whole crew... that's War Thunder for ya :grumpy:

Wanted to play right after I installed it but a gf forced me (you can't say no to nice girls) to do something different.

Will give it a go asap!

And what if I wanted to fly with you guys, do I need to fly planes from the same country? Currently I'm flying some German planes..

In arcade, you can fly whichever country you want, but outside of that mode it has to be the same country, unless it's UK/USA since they can fly together in battles.

Wanted to play right after I installed it but a gf forced me (you can't say no to nice girls) to do something different.

Will give it a go asap!

And what if I wanted to fly with you guys, do I need to fly planes from the same country? Currently I'm flying some German planes..
In arcade you can fly whatever nation you choose. Example: If you fly German I could fly U.S.

Realistic and Simulator battles must be played with the same nation.

Took one hit from a Tiger and was set on fire in my M6A1. Spent the entire match in a small ravine, on fire.

But, at least it was a victory, because why would I win a match where I was actually able to do anything.

Depends. You can but rarely get mixed battles in RB.
I wasn't aware of this in planes. I know it works for tanks though.

In other news, after 16 battles (it was god awful) I got 5 wins to get the 1st gift aircraft (I had 6 but one wasn't 75% battle activity). I got the HE-112 B1/U2. Now hopefully I'll get the last 2 wins tomorrow.

so to get the planes on PS4, can I just win a certain amount of games and earn it, or do I need to do something else also?

So I won the WT quiz (10 of 10 questions, it was easy) and got two planes: the French Douglas DB-7 (good, but since it's an American plane I thought the machine guns would be Brownings, but no - they're just dull French MGs), and a LaGG-3 23rd series - eww, not different from the non-premium 11th series at all.

Also, had an epic arcade fight yesterday - if you think the T-34-85 (w/ D-5T cannon) is a bad tank, think again.
shot 2015.03.01 01.35.52.jpg

3 kills on the IS-1 and 5 on the 34.
My team almost lost, but I managed to retake the base and defend it, stopping 3 KVs alone. :D Here's the replay (put it to the War Thunder\Replays folder and watch from the game).

Attachments

• 2015.03.01 01.36.44 arcade T-34-85 D-5T.zip
    4.7 MB · Views: 3
so to get the planes on PS4, can I just win a certain amount of games and earn it, or do I need to do something else also?

"If you are on PlayStation 4, we haven't forgotten you! Sadly, for technical reasons, you are currently not able to activate your Mastermind code after successfully participating in the quiz. You can still complete the tasks of the special, and will be able to activate your code at a later point in time. Thank you for understanding!"

Basically its a mixbag..

Guess its between the He, and DB...

He 112B-2, DB-7 or LaGG-3-23

You can take the Facebook quiz and get those things in the game. You just can't use the code on PS4 yet. Not sure what the code does anyway.

You can take the Facebook quiz and get those things in the game. You just can't use the code on PS4 yet. Not sure what the code does anyway.

According to WT website.

3 of 7 victories:
Get 50.000
sl.png
!

5 of 7 victories:
Get one: He 112B-2, DB-7 or LaGG-3-23!
7 of 7 victories:
Get one: He 112B-2, DB-7 or LaGG-3-23!

Back