War Thunder (F2P Air/Ground combat MMO)

What tiers?

Im working on the Russian tanks currently. Unlocked the first T34, but i go back and for from German, and Soviet. So :\ hold on ill check after Pcars updates. -.-
edit: need to update War Thunder -.-

Last edited:
The new German reserve tank is actually really awesome for being an reserve 1.0 tank. Played 3 matches with it and I had no less than 4 kills per match.

The new German reserve tank is actually really awesome for being an reserve 1.0 tank. Played 3 matches with it and I had no less than 4 kills per match.

Wow, that's quite the potential it has. I wish I had one of those when I started my German tank career, it would make my rookie days more fun. I might try it, but I'll have to really gimp my line of tanks to use it on Tier I battles... :lol:

I sent my Tiger, Pz IV H and J and a Jagdpanzer off to holiday just to try that Pzkf 35(t). Was definitely worth getting away from the frustration of 4.7-5.7 BR.

I sent my Tiger, Pz IV H and J and a Jagdpanzer off to holiday just to try that Pzkf 35(t). Was definitely worth getting away from the frustration of 4.7-5.7 BR.

Nothing like going back to basics, huh? I see how you feel, even though I am nowhere near those tank ratings...

Edit: Also, that new HUD looks so much better than the old one, it's far more comprehensive in the information it gives. I can't wait to test it myself.

I am still on tier 1 of tanks. :lol:

I am at least tier 3 across the board on planes though and I am not too far off having every Japanese plane in the game bar premiums.

My USA tank research has broken into tier 4 now, Russian and German are still in tier 3.
Completed research through tier 3 with British planes, and realized a few days ago that I am 6 planes away from my first jet in the British line, and there are exactly 6 tier 4 Spitfires to get to that jet...
Rest of the nations in planes I am still working on tier 3 research.

Check my post above with pictures

I could've done without the small thumbnails, I have to be honest with ya. :lol:

But yes, no wonder I had never known about that; I always relied on the automatic transmission on the tanks (I play mostly Arcade battles, really), so I didn't guess that those gear buttons also doubled as cruise control commands.

I could've done without the small thumbinails, I have to be honest with ya. :lol:

But yes, no wonder I had never known about that; I always relied on the automatic transmission on the tanks (I play mostly Arcade battles, really), so I didn't guess that those gear buttons also doubled as cruise control commands.

Same :lol:

and i was playing a game in WT so i had no time :lol:

Best part of PS4 controls without being customized... tank gear change AND cruise control is mapped to the same exact button combinations. L1+Dpad up and L1+Dpad down.

Which makes it really annoying when all you want to do is change gears... :lol:

Best part of PS4 controls without being customized... tank gear change AND cruise control is mapped to the same exact button combinations. L1+Dpad up and L1+Dpad down.

Which makes it really annoying when all you want to do is change gears... :lol:

Apparently, the PC buttons do the same thing; they fill two roles at the same time, meaning that one could accidentaly activate the cruise control when wanting to change gears and vice-versa. How come Gaijin thought that this was a good idea? Mapping two different options to the same buttons? People will get confused and/or upset over that, haha. :lol:

At least you guys don't have to unmap artillery strikes just to customize the weapon buttons of planes. :lol: At least I can finally use MG and cannons separately on my planes now. For some reason, for months, the R1 button mapping was glitched and it was only a week or two ago that someone finally discovered how to fix the issue.

At least you guys don't have to unmap artillery strikes just to customize the weapon buttons of planes. :lol: At least I can finally use MG and cannons separately on my planes now. For some reason, for months, the R1 button mapping was glitched and it was only a week or two ago that someone finally discovered how to fix the issue.

Wow, that's an actual thing? Damm, how cumbersome it must've been for you before that got fixed. Is there any advantage to not using the MG and the cannons at the same time? I've done that ever since I started my plane career...

At least I can finally use MG and cannons separately on my planes now.
When I first played a game where I could do that (IL2BOP) I wondered why you would want to. I soon learned. Just firing your MGs is great when you have a long shot that you don't really think you will hit but it is worth a try and you don't want to waste cannon ammo.

Wow, that's an actual thing? Damm, how cumbersome it must've been for you before that got fixed. Is there any advantage to not using the MG and the cannons at the same time? I've done that ever since I started my plane career...
Yes, ammo lasts longer when you're not dumping all of it out at one time. The button thing was annoying because I wanted to swap bombs from R1 to being shared through alternate button combos on L1 with rockets. (L1+R1 for rockets, L1+L2 for bombs) With that change, I kept main guns on R2, with smaller/secondary guns on R1.

@Niku Driver HC it's still downloading. Oh and it disconnected me 4 times trying to download the update.

Yeah safe to say I'm not risking playing WT with this Wifi.

I see... Well, as I said, it's fair enough that you don't want to risk getting upset over a bad WiFi connection. I also got an error the first time I tried to download the update, but I managed to get it the second time. 1.51 WT, here I go...

Yes, ammo lasts longer when you're not dumping all of it out at one time. The button thing was annoying because I wanted to swap bombs from R1 to being shared through alternate button combos on L1 with rockets. (L1+R1 for rockets, L1+L2 for bombs) With that change, I kept main guns on R2, with smaller/secondary guns on R1.

Huh, is that so... Well, I did have a few moments when I wanted to have some spare ammo and I had to wait for it to reload. I should look more into that. But how can I set that up properly with a keyboard + mouse combo?

I guess it depends on what you'd find comfortable to use. A fancy gaming mouse with dozens of buttons would be helpful I guess. :lol:

Too bad I don't have the buck to spend on a gaming mouse. Oops! :lol: I can only use my dinghy Microsoft USB keyboard and mouse, and even that takes some doing to get right...

Only thing I can suggest is go into test flight with a plane that has cannon and MG and mess with the key bindings to see what works best and comfortably for you. That's what I do to set pitch sensitivity so I can fly a plane on the limits without losing it to an uncontrollable flat spin. Of course, I have to do that multiple times depending on how the plane behaves but I think I've settled on a setting that I only have to adjust it by +/-.05 to .10 now.

Only thing I can suggest is go into test flight with a plane that has cannon and MG and mess with the key bindings to see what works best and comfortably for you. That's what I do to set pitch sensitivity so I can fly a plane on the limits without losing it to an uncontrollable flat spin. Of course, I have to do that multiple times depending on how the plane behaves but I think I've settled on a setting that I only have to adjust it by +/-.05 to .10 now.

Hmm... I'll take notes of that. I could try to bind the MGs to the left mouse button, while using the CTRL key for cannons. That's one of my ideas. And to be honest, I never really tried to fiddle with the actual flight settings, maybe because I don't really know what's a good setup, maybe because I fear that I might screw the stock setup up.

In the meantime, here's a picture of my very first 1.51 battle:

shot 2015.06.30 22.40.03.jpg

Yep, first battle with the new German reserve tank, and in the new Finland map to boot. I must agree with GTPorsche here, this tank is really fun, as it packs quite the punch for a reserve tank if you know what you're doing. Granted, my team lost the battle after a batch of incompetence, but I managed to get four kills as well. Good times, while they lasted...

May I as well add, I also love the new HUD; much cleaner, much more informative and much better overall. It gives you all the right information about who in your crew is injured/dead without having to use the X-ray mode, and it also tells you what parts of your tank are damaged without resorting to the same X-ray gimmick. And the new control bindings? They're good too, I especially like the change of the tank repair button; God only knows how many times I hit the teamtalk button rather than the tank repair one (the old layout put the tank repair button on the "I" key, meaning that it was very close to the teamtalk button, which was the "T" key). All very good stuff, good job, Gaijin. 👍

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back