War Thunder (F2P Air/Ground combat MMO)

I'm kinda surprised that 1.51 came out this quickly but looks interesting though. Glad they finally added another reserve tank for Germans because it was a tough grind through the Pz II C. As for the planes I'm tier 2 in US and tier 2 in British but haven't played much of the other nations. For tanks I'm tier 2 in US just unlocked the Sherman a few weeks back. With the German tanks I'm still in tier 1 but unlocked the Stug over the weekend.

Just had a guy try and steal a kill and hit me in the process and then accuse me of kill stealing. :lol:

Accidentally joined an air arcade battle. Immediately regret that decision.

Edit: Realistic battle, at tier 3, and I get shot through by a teammate just so he can get the kill on a plane I was trying to shoot down.

Last edited:
Accidentally joined an air arcade battle. Immediately regret that decision.

Edit: Realistic battle, at tier 3, and I get shot through by a teammate just so he can get the kill on a plane I was trying to shoot down.

I now end up flying far away from my team, and i solo it. Since most of them are completely useless :lol:

Grr! If only I had a gaming rig, I'd be in the game with my FAF Brewster, Blenheims, Ju-88 and 109 G2/G6 etc etc.. :lol:

schoooo..... this will be my last week for summer semester, and now I'm getting wifi at the other house. One issue, it's like 1.5 mb/s..

On the other hand, I'm at my other house for at least the next three weeks, with much, much faster speeds and better ping..

Ostwind might be the best AA vehicle for killing tanks once you research it's ammo. One of them comes with a 66mm penetration value. I've taken out a lot of vehicles with it.. on the ground and in the air.
those are the funniest things to watch go through a bunch of Jagdtigers and Ferdis...

These pilots in RB.... I just don't understand why some of them will climb to 15000ft and then immediately dive on the first plane they see.

.....along with the rest of the team that didn't climb at all. Then I end up being at altitude, with the remainder of the enemy team and no assistance because everyone else went landscaping.

Well.. it depends of the plane.. If plane is agile like say.. Zero or Hayabusa, it's good enough to stay low and dogfight. if's it mustang or such, then climb and BnZ. Simple as that. Then again, I usually go lawnmoving.. :D

These pilots in RB.... I just don't understand why some of them will climb to 15000ft and then immediately dive on the first plane they see.
It is insurance. You don't know how high the enemy are until you see them and if you are below them then you are in a bad place.

It is insurance. You don't know how high the enemy are until you see them and if you are below them then you are in a bad place.
It is good insurance, but it's even better insurance to wait patiently at altitude instead diving on the first plane in sight. That's probably why I end up surviving longer than the rest of my team though. If I see an opportunity I'll take it, but there's no way I dive into a furball at the beginning of the match because I see one enemy.

I just need to judge head-ons better. I never know when to pull away after I fire shots and it normally ends up getting me killed.

It is good insurance, but it's even better insurance to wait patiently at altitude instead diving on the first plane in sight. That's probably why I end up surviving longer than the rest of my team though. If I see an opportunity I'll take it, but there's no way I dive into a furball at the beginning of the match because I see one enemy.

I just need to judge head-ons better. I never know when to pull away after I fire shots and it normally ends up getting me killed.
True pick your target but if the target is on their own then dive then climb again.

Head ons I don't shoot. I get to about 0.60 miles, dive and then turn left or right and then turn to attack as they have passed me by then.

I was flying the P39 and doing the best I could to keep my speed up above 300mph and gaps to chasing enemies up over 2km before I even attempted to turn back to them.

I need to aim shots better, but I am getting hits. Doesn't help that the US .50 cals are still garbage compared to everything else.

Back