War Thunder (F2P Air/Ground combat MMO)

i just finished the Victory Day challenge of 9 victories and 60 air kills.
Still trying to find out how to access the tank content :P

i just finished the Victory Day challenge of 9 victories and 60 air kills.
Still trying to find out how to access the tank content :P
I have access to the tank content. :D

I completed one of the tasks last month I think it was. Needed I think it was 10 victories.

The tanks are on the open test now. I got a T-28 and a Flakpanzer I.
shot 2014.05.25 00.20.23.jpg

shot 2014.05.25 00.29.17.jpg

I want this one... :D
shot 2014.05.25 00.18.44.jpg

However, it would be probably useless, like the Flak. And very vulnerable. :D

...However, it would be probably useless, like the Flak. And very vulnerable. :D
Well, the FLAK has been manned by AI up until now, so maybe with real people behind the sights...but you really want the quad AA, good against aircraft and light vehicles.

Last edited:

My third overall battle.
Didn't have ammo anymore for the last one, but I don't think he noticed so I forced him a bit into the ocean. :lol:

You're firing far too early. You need to aim in front of the target.

Yeah I know, still trying to get a feeling for the MGs.
The biplanes also don't like quick maneuvering, so it's not so easy to point it in the right direction.
It starts to spin so fast.

Here's the clip of the dogfight between my Panther and a CL-13A at Bulge. It's the second time I fought one. My first encounter with one end with victory, so I entered combat with confidence. Also the entire time Shinya was trying to kill me in his Me-109K4 lol. I'm using my Thrustmater T.Flight stick X.

For those who hasn't got the PS4 version, or have their accounts in the US region go head and DL it, is awesome.
(it should have been since it was released for the EU regions, but at least there is the ground forces expansion)

It finally came out in the NA region and I'm downloading it right now. Can't wait to play, it looks awesome.

What with Watch Dogs keeping me busy lately, I didn't get around to trying the Ground Forces part of the game until today. It's great fun but quite tough out there, especially when trying to get the damn tank into reverse while a Panzer Mk IV is coming at you.

Still, I managed to get a few kills and kill assists, so my poor little T28 is a bit more capable than it was. The maps are surprisingly small too...or at least the bits I've seen before getting clobbered are ;) I like the slopes which give you a good vantage over the approaches.

My last kill assist came from a spawn camping Mk IV who got more than he bargained for when two of us appeared and clobbered him virtually at point blank range.

I havent gotten around to trying this out on.ps4 yet. I ha e it downloaded and installed, But as someone who lobes all types of games, I dont have enough time to play everything I have on PS4 already.

War Thunder_20140617135839.jpg
War Thunder_20140617141711.jpg
Caz
...I dont have enough time to play everything I have on PS4 already.
And people say that there isn't enough to play on the PS4 yet ;)

It'll still be there when you have the time - have fun when you do. There were almost sixty thousand EU players on late this afternoon.

Still, I managed to get a few kills and kill assists, so my poor little T28 is a bit more capable than it was. The maps are surprisingly small too...or at least the bits I've seen before getting clobbered are ;) I like the slopes which give you a good vantage over the approaches.
T-26, you mean?
T-28 is a medium tank.

Somehow I'm more lucky on the German tanks rather than Soviet. After a couple days of playing, I have a Panzer III, FlakPz I and will unlock StuG III soon (after I continue playing. I stopped for now). Six consecutive kills on the Pz III is an unsurprising result for me.
On the Soviet branch, I have only T-28 unlocked and owned.

T-26, you mean?
Probably :lol: I never knew much about the lower level Soviet machines tbh.

I think the basic German tanks were generally stronger in the field, the Russian army was just able to field far more at any one time. Plus they had broader tracks, which usually gave them a strong edge in the snow and mud.

I think the basic German tanks were generally stronger in the field, the Russian army was just able to field far more at any one time. Plus they had broader tracks, which usually gave them a strong edge in the snow and mud.
Uhm... It was not always so.
The early tanks like T-26, BT-5, BT-7, T-28, etc. were quite effective during the Soviet-Japanese wars in 1937-39 and good enough in the war with Finland in 1939-40. But by the German invasion in 1941, they turned out seriously outdated. The Red Army also had modern tanks like T-34 and KV-1 that were much better than the early Panzers and had strong and sloped armor that couldn't be penetrated with anything but the 88mm Flak gun (and the long-barreled 75mm Pak 40 adopted next year). But in the summer of '41, there were too little of them, and they suffered very bad commanding and supply. Communication between the units just sucked. So these tanks were overwhelmed when they simply ran out of ammo and fuel and got surrounded by the Germans.

In 1942, the T-34 was modernized and simplified to make it cheaper in production, so they could be produced in massive numbers. The Germans have got Tigers (but not so many) and updated the Pz IV so it was almost equal to T-34 in strength, but 34 was more mobile (especially in the off-road conditions).
In 1944-45, the situation was reversal to '41 - the German "high-tech" Panthers and King Tigers were overwhelmed by T-34-85's (and Shermans on the Western front), not so strong, but beating in numbers.

Last edited:
Finally got a T-34. Awesome machine. 10 kills on one. :cool:
shot 2014.07.02 14.46.15.jpg

And this.
GAZ MM truck with a 37mm AA cannon.
shot 2014.07.01 21.43.50.jpg

It's fun, but doesn't help the team much.
Once upon a time I was shooting a He-111 in the sky and suddenly saw an enemy StuG IIIA going nearby. And surprised it by shooting in the back.
shot 2014.07.02 16.12.31.jpg

Boom! It's up in flames.

What you have there is a mini PAK front. Late in the war, the Germans used their smaller AT gun, the 37mm PAK in a close grouped front to take down heavier armour by landing multiple hits at the same time - quad AA guns can do the same thing at close range.

What you have there is a mini PAK front. Late in the war, the Germans used their smaller AT gun, the 37mm PAK in a close grouped front to take down heavier armour by landing multiple hits at the same time - quad AA guns can do the same thing at close range.
Nope, it's a Soviet gun. 72-K on a GAZ MM truck.

Also I think it was the Tiger which was basically an 88mm flak gun turned into a tank.
Yes, the "acht-acht". It took the good rate of fire from the Flak.

So I got finally got a Yak-3, and there is a free livery available - the one used by Cpt. Marcel Albert, the French ace of the Normandie-Niemen regiment. :cool:
shot 2014.08.10 19.08.56.jpg

Back