Watch the ForzaRC Season 2 Grand Final Live Stream Here

We sat down with some of our drivers ahead of today's Grand Final to talk Season 2.

First time watching one of these. Pretty well set up, and there was some great racing. There were a few times where I thought some of the drivers could have set a better example. I know they have a lot at stake here, but they are supposed to be top of their game when the world is watching. As a veteran of GT based racing leagues, I've created and participated in some that were quite a bit cleaner than what I saw today.

But I am excited to see where this e-sports racing stuff goes, especially with GT Sport and the FIA events. It's about time we sim racers start getting more attention.

That was quite pathetic officiating from ESL. Racing games are their lowest priority and the structure and racing standards showed that very well. I hope there's something a ton better than this spec racing in the future.

First time watching one of these. Pretty well set up, and there was some great racing. There were a few times where I thought some of the drivers could have set a better example. I know they have a lot at stake here, but they are supposed to be top of their game when the world is watching. As a veteran of GT based racing leagues, I've created and participated in some that were quite a bit cleaner than what I saw today.

But I am excited to see where this e-sports racing stuff goes, especially with GT Sport and the FIA events. It's about time we sim racers start getting more attention.

Indeed. There were some pretty obvious dive-bombs by teams I'd expect better from.

Really impressive to watch the consistency though. Personally, I like the focus on stock cars, since it means driver skill is the deciding factor. The broadcasting has taken a step up now too, especially with the two locations (and the updated Spectator Mode info helps immensely). Really hoping this means FM7 will ship with even more broadcast-friendly features, and more power for event organizers. As a contrast, the Road to Vegas event was painfully dull to watch, which is a little sad given the massive prize money that'll have. Though I guess we have to see how the final plays out first...

Still, 2017's eSports events should be quite entertaining.

Back