The more important part, IMO, was halfway through the article, where it mentioned that ferroelectric memory/RAM, rather than harddrives, could increase both the amount of storage space capable and the speed at which it is read.
In my opinion, somebody forgot to tell those guys that water and electricity is not a great combo. BUT, I must say that if its possible, hell these guys are geniuses.
In my opinion, somebody forgot to tell those guys that water and electricity is not a great combo. BUT, I must say that if its possible, hell these guys are geniuses.
Don't quote me on this, but I believe that water in it's purest state (aka, pure H2O, nothing else) that it is a terrible conductor. It's the ions in the water that contucts electricity.
Don't quote me on this, but I believe that water in it's purest state (aka, pure H2O, nothing else) that it is a terrible conductor. It's the ions in the water that contucts electricity.
I think I have heard that too in one of our science lessons.
Lightning in the air can move to the ground because of tiney particals in the air too, but I can barely remember the science lesson in wich this was explained.
Any electrical properties observable in water are due to the ions of mineral salts and carbon dioxide dissolved in it. Water does self-ionize where two water molecules become one hydroxide anion and one hydronium cation, but not enough to carry enough electric current to do any work or harm for most operations.
Water is in no way flammabale, as far as I know. Hydrogen gas (H2) is very flammable when with oxygen. As is Oxygen (O2). For combustion to occur, you need A combustable material and oxygen. When his occur, water is made after the reaction occurs, and when there is another element in this reaction, such as carbon, a second compound is made. When Oxygen and Hydrogen react to flame, water is made, so it can't be flammable.