WDS12: Pull Out Your Pocket Rockets! - Locked by BL

Vote for your two (2) favourite videos.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
no i can see just fine, thank you. ive never had a monitor's color or brightness or contrast go 'bad'. ever. and ive owned alot of moniters.

articzap, there is no need for your attitude. Suzuki is only trying to help. I also cannot see your video very well, and there is nothing wrong with my monitor or eye's.

articzap, there is no need for your attitude. Suzuki is only trying to help. I also cannot see your video very well, and there is nothing wrong with my monitor or eye's.

exactly. im pretty positive we arent the only 2 people on this forum who have a hard time viewing your video because the black portions of your car blend in with the track in most of the video. im pretty sure the video i submitted isnt blazingly white just because i can actually see the car from the track on my monitor.
and my moniter is just fine like i thought it was. i can see 95/100 but 0/5 is harder, but i can still make it out.

I fail to see an attitude problem? All I'm saying is that many people I know have no problem seeing it but I post over here and its like you guys are staring at a black wall. I can see the whole car outline with no blending that you speak of. I'm not going to fix something that doesn't need fixing.

I fail to see an attitude problem? All I'm saying is that many people I know have no problem seeing it but I post over here and its like you guys are staring at a black wall. I can see the whole car outline with no blending that you speak of. I'm not going to fix something that doesn't need fixing.

well, so far 2 of us cant see the whole car outline, so obviously something needs fixing. and its not my monitor. if you did get your entry in on time, then it would be a problem, because i wont even give super dark videos a chance. why vote for them if i cant see if there is any wall contact, or any funky movement.

thanks! i feel less dumb :D

sorry about the mistake i made but i can't always read every single post up here :guilty: :dunce: ...my bad : i' ll try to be more carefull right now.
eh dont sweat it. just pm your other choice to bl and he will add it in. i thought it was you who did this last time... but obviously not.

You guys must be ****ed up or something. I have no problems seeing this or any of my friends that seen it on a local forum.

no I think its dark too...where are the tires....i just see the white part of the car....looks like its floating...your monitor must be set really bright...btw what's with swearing....please clean it up.

Maybe the people you know didn't really care...about where the tires are pointed....but unfortunatly we do care. And I couldn't see the tires....thanks for the monitor config link....mine was fine thanks.

yeah, ive got my brightness all the way up and i still cant see a thing.

anyways...
one of my votes will go for #7. one of the 2 brave souls using n3's.
also he chose to do a difficult entry (imo) and he moved from the inner rail all the way to the outer wall, that immediately grabbed my attention when i saw it. (which paid off btw) its hard to get your line spot on using that entry. as for the other vote... not sure yet. ill review them again tomorrow and edit with my second choice.

i use N3 in the front and N2 in the rear. ................ my monitor is fine also and the other vids do appear dark............ my vid and a couple other are fine and i can see every things

I just tried articzap's video on 3 different computers with 3 different monitors.

My BENQ 19" FP92G+
My Dad's 19" LG
My Sister's 17" Daytek POS

All other videos in the poll looked decent, but articzap's is considerably darker, as has been mentioned.

Articzap, may I also suggest that it is YOUR monitor that is overly bright, and not ours that are too dark. Do the videos in the poll appear ridiculously bright or washed out to you?

Maybe you should check the color options through the config panel for your video card. Is it possible that you've set your monitor brightness & contrast for a gaming environment, and then corrected your desktop settings through video card settings? I ask because you say you're an avid gamer, and I've noticed in the past that some fullscreen games (Oblivion for example) were too dark with my BENQ and Evga 7600GT KO, but desktop apps looked perfect.

#4 and #6 got my vote for overall impact.. Those two stood out with a good combination of angle, line and "push", but there were a few runners up.

#7 had the best line through the first turn, but was VERY struggling through turn 2 (the section where you should be kicking it out a bit), and didn't drift the last turn completely, which is a shame. As much as I know certain people love sticky rubber drifting, the style of the drift comes first for me...

None of the videos look overly bright or or washed. None of the videos look to dark or blending either. I have not touched my video card settings as far as custom colors. Got the computer new and there at orignal factory settings. My monitor is a ACER AL1916.

Much confusion...
How come videos 2 and 8 dont deserve votes but the two people playing pinball do?

They had some poor choice/following of lines IMO, both runs were extremely wide through the sweeper. #8 understeered severely before the last left as well as missing the last apex completely. #2 kept it a bit more together (and a lot more sideways), but he also missed the line through the first and last turns.

This is a section which looks far better when hitting the apexes all the way. Although the sweeper can work with a "static" or wide line, these videos were much too wide for my taste. The last 2 turns pretty much need to hit the apex, and the last turn needs to be apexed pretty late to make it through gracefully.

I'm actually a bit puzzled by how many people missed the second apex altogether. That turn is the showpiece of this section and the one where you can really stylize your drift.

Actually, it could be a cool idea if the person selecting the theme explains what he's hoping for line-wise at the start of each round... As for this section, there are 3 (4) different types of turns, I'll try to give a rough example:

The right kink is a good spot to go in fast with a feint into...

The sweeper is basically an "endurance test" where you need to hold a long drift. The hard part here is to drift out from the apex with your angle up. In lower powered cars, you might prefer a middle "static" line which allows you to keep the angle up. Less power means less ability to kick the rear out when you're accelerating on to the short straight. A very wide line here is common if you miss the entry, so plus points to those who managed to get close to the apex.

The quick right after the sweeper is where you can kick the tail out and show off a bit. The apex is easy to hit, and this turn favors good angle. This is a "coasting" turn. With low powered cars it might be smart not to drift too far to the left, to set you up for...

The hairpin is all about throttle control. If you floor it here you'll lose your angle and grip through the last half, so it's important to feather the throttle to keep the rear end out while maintaining enough forward motion. Finding a good exit line here is also a bit tricky.

Much confusion...
How come videos 2 and 8 dont deserve votes but the two people playing pinball do?

im realllllly wondering about this too. there are some videos who should be #1, and others who shouldnt be near #1. i dont see how some entries get votes when there are multiple better ones in the playing field. im not going to name videos, but i think most know what im talking about.

@ Sammi & Suzuki:
I've wondered this time and time again since week 1 and haven't figured it out. I can only attribute it to different tastes, or a less keen eye.

Take a look at the poll results of WDS Week 6 which Ske won. Ske did turn in a good video, but the win came as a total suprise to him - he figured Sheron, Suzuki and I all had him beat, and I agreed with that.
You can really never be sure how people will vote. (sorry to make an example of you Ske)

@ Ske: I don't know if a line suggestion is that necessary - I'd like for people to get as creative on their own as they like. But a description of the section from the theme chooser might be a welcomed addition. It could spark a little more conversation before the poll.

I'll begin demanding that in the New Year ;)

By the way, here's my clip (for the record, gotta keep the collection complete)... The entry's a bit weak since I used the photomode start, but it's not competing so I couldn't be bothered ;)

damn that would have gotten Alot of votes. love the choice of music

so what, you base your votes on the choice of music?:yuck: you cant be serious. there are at least 4 other entries that are better than what ske posted up, especially ones with better entries and the few who drifted the kink after corner 3.

Believe it or not people base there votes off of a wheel if shown, music and how many extra drifts are shown.

Just wanted to say I enjoyed seeing a lot of MR drifting going on here. I've always considered the MR and RR cars to the "natural drifters" and enjoy watching drifting in those much more than most of the FR drifting vids. I also enjoy drifting MR and RR cars more than FR cars in general.

I especially find the Elise & Stratos to be amazingly easy to control natural drifters.

I'm not a big-time drifter though, since I'm usually in the mood for speed, which drifting usually decreases (notice how, in the first video, the drifting so dramatically reduced the cornering speed of the Elise, which, if driven "normally" would have shot past all the competing cars without any hesitation).

I generally only drift when I feel it really is the fastest way through a specific corner with a particular car, or, as often happens, when I hose a corner-entry and begin understeering. I'm not bad at correcting that with drift, and have gotten especially good at that with the old Jag e-type, getting the rears spun-up and and the back out to correct the understeer, definitely lots of fun.

Just wanted to say I enjoyed seeing a lot of MR drifting going on here. I've always considered the MR and RR cars to the "natural drifters" and enjoy watching drifting in those much more than most of the FR drifting vids. I also enjoy drifting MR and RR cars more than FR cars in general.

I especially find the Elise & Stratos to be amazingly easy to control natural drifters.

I'm not a big-time drifter though, since I'm usually in the mood for speed, which drifting usually decreases (notice how, in the first video, the drifting so dramatically reduced the cornering speed of the Elise, which, if driven "normally" would have shot past all the competing cars without any hesitation).

I generally only drift when I feel it really is the fastest way through a specific corner with a particular car, or, as often happens, when I hose a corner-entry and begin understeering. I'm not bad at correcting that with drift, and have gotten especially good at that with the old Jag e-type, getting the rears spun-up and and the back out to correct the understeer, definitely lots of fun.

I agree that grip is faster than drift in GT4. But the Elise in the video lost speed on that corner partly because the AI cars already took the ideal line, the driver had to drift the outside line, which is inherently slower. Cuz in the first corner, he kept up and even passed some of the AI cars without problem when he's driving the ideal line.

How can you possibly know that? Unless you have discussed voting choices and they have admitted it to you?

...or if he's doing it.

meh, it doesnt matter. I said from week one that people are free to set their own judging criteria and that they should vote for the video they enjoy watching the most, which may or may not be the one with best drift.

That said, I am glad that the focus of the competition has naturally shifted towards the quality of the drift for most people.

so what, you base your votes on the choice of music?:yuck: you cant be serious. there are at least 4 other entries that are better than what ske posted up, especially ones with better entries and the few who drifted the kink after corner 3.

I dont base voting off of music dude. chill out. I personaly just started competing here, when it comes down to it, its an games and we are all here to have fun. I do this in real life by the way so thats that.

and i do like to see good editing and different music. i have been playin gt for a long time and im not the only one here who has seen every possible drift line that could be taken, it was just and smooth visible video.

I dont base voting off of music dude. chill out. I personaly just started competing here, when it comes down to it, its an games and we are all here to have fun. I do this in real life by the way so thats that.

and i do like to see good editing and different music. i have been playin gt for a long time and im not the only one here who has seen every possible drift line that could be taken, it was just and smooth visible video.

i don't see the relevance as to why you said you do this in real life. alot of people do, some gtpers do, so what? and i am chill, but from what i got from your last post, you basically said you would vote for him because of the music. you never said anything about the drifting itself. there are others that are just as smooth, and drifted more than he did. i think there is something more than people judging their drifting, but i cant say what it is because I myself don't know.
if you guys give more votes from the 'extra drifts, wheel shown, and music choice' then i don't think your looking in the right direction. the votes need to be for what they did for the specified section, nothing more.
also BL, arti said people, he wasn't talking about specifically himself, therefore it doesn't matter what he does if these other 'people' don't do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back