We should lodge an official Complaint to SCEE/Polyphony/Sony

  • Thread starter Thread starter jcb74
  • 91 comments
  • 6,760 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Messages
31
Messages
jcb74
To all my fellow loyal GT fans,

Yes, we now have GT4, after having waited for nearly 2 years since the original release was announced for Dec 2003, yes, I LOVE the game, yes, I was there at 12:05am Thurs 10th (I live in Australia) @ my local store to buy it, and yes, I have survived on a total of 18 hours sleep since then!

However:

As a consumer group, and there are plenty of us out there who have incidentally paid very good money for this game (not to mention the associated steering wheels), is anyone else as pissed off as I am am re the following:

* Lack of Lan. Yes, we knew that a while ago, but STILL...
* No garage cars in Arcade mode.. As above +++
* Power figures in Garage/elsewhere WAY off (KW/NM anyway) Annoying..
* ABSOLUTELY STUPID A spec system, where a BOG STANDARD Lupo 1.4i is pitted against an entire field of Lupo Cup cars.... On the 'Burg.... (there are other eg's).

WTF??!! :mad:

* Making you buy a car to race in a series, only to have the same car as a prize.. But hey, you may get it in a special colour... WOW! :rolleyes:
* Buggy game for the NA release
* And as an offside, 20 million versions of Japanese "staples".. Why not some others, such as the Renault Clio Williams, arguably the best hot hatch ever, and I also saw a Citroen DS in the "Making of" DVD, where the F*8$ is it??!!
Yes, it is made by the Japanese, for a Japanese company, but surely even the kids in Japan aren't interested in 20 shades of rice...

Having said that, my PAL release has no "jitters", hasn't screwed up yet, and the only "bug" I can see is a "line" when entering the tunnel of Deep Forest (reverse I think)

I think we should petition Sony to either supply @ reduced cost, or recompense us for the purchase of the LAN version of GT4 (if there is one), or indeed GT5.

I personally have spent AUD80+ for GT 1,2,3 & now 4, in addition to GT Concept, AUD60, GT Prologue, again, another $60 (BTW, can you believe only A/B license transfer for slogging it out in GTPrologue? Took me 10 mins each to redo it for the cars. Pffft!)

Yes, it is a great franchise, yes, there are thousand's of us out there who slavishly follow this franchise, and pay bloody good money for it; does this not entitle us to a little more respect/consideration/value for money??!!

This is a great board, with many, many members (and lurkers too), an acknowledged source of all things GT (just type in google anthing re GT, and you'll find GTplanet in the 1st 10 results).

Surely we can do something.

Yes, it is Sony, and a huge corporation at that, but surely we "little people" can try and do something, after all, they have our money now!
 
In the world of business, you can lodge your complaint easily.

Don't like it, don't buy it.
 
i think its one of the greatest games ever. not much room to complain. just cause your expectations are too high doesnt mean sony failed. do you know how hard it must have been for them to get all that data on a little disk? the graphics for this game are unreal.
 
Wow. Must be a pretty huge fanboy. I came into this game with zero expectations or prior knowledge on anything, and couldn't believe how crappy the game was. The graphics quality is rather poor (something I'm sure will be fixed when moved to a new platform), I have a constant shudder/blurring effect... The exhaust sound quality of a few vehicles in the game that I have close experience IRL is just laughable.

Yes, I'm very disappointed, but hopeful for GT5 and the future. It's a big game that will only get better, especially with properly-implemented online support.

Matter of fact, soon as I click off this, I'm going to look up that other thread in here about Forza. I can't avoid the fact that I've already voted with my wallet in GT4's favor, but I can buy a copy of Forza to try and throw some support in with them. We all benefit from competition.

EDIT: The above is not a flame. The game IS enjoyable. Anything that lets us experience such an incredible sport firsthand in our own living rooms is amazing, which this game is doing for thousands of people.
 
There's a quick way to solve the image judder.

Buy the PAL version. Judder-free since March 9th... :D
 
jcb74
is anyone else as pissed off as I am am re the following:

WTF??!! :mad:

* And as an offside, 20 million versions of Japanese "staples"..

and I also saw a Citroen DS in the "Making of" DVD, where the F*8$ is it??!!

but surely even the kids in Japan aren't interested in 20 shades of rice...
Exaggerating, swearing and throwing insults isn't the way to go about it... :dunce:
 
Lack of lan? I assume you mean online since lan play is supposed to be in the game (& I've seen the option for it) although I havent tried it personally.

My complaints would be the usual overbias of Japanese cars, I suppose its slightly better since there are some non-Japanese used cars but its still stupidly biased. (Yes, yes I know its a Japanese game but GT is now a global franchise), crap AI (Although it has improved very slightly), weather, race mods & of course online.

But overall I'm happy with GT4, its just not the 'breakthrough' I'd originally hoped for & I'm glad the PAL release doesn't have the 'jitters'.
 
Duende
Wow. Must be a pretty huge fanboy. I came into this game with zero expectations or prior knowledge on anything, and couldn't believe how crappy the game was. The graphics quality is rather poor (something I'm sure will be fixed when moved to a new platform), I have a constant shudder/blurring effect... The exhaust sound quality of a few vehicles in the game that I have close experience IRL is just laughable.

Yes, I'm very disappointed, but hopeful for GT5 and the future. It's a big game that will only get better, especially with properly-implemented online support.

Matter of fact, soon as I click off this, I'm going to look up that other thread in here about Forza. I can't avoid the fact that I've already voted with my wallet in GT4's favor, but I can buy a copy of Forza to try and throw some support in with them. We all benefit from competition.

EDIT: The above is not a flame. The game IS enjoyable. Anything that lets us experience such an incredible sport firsthand in our own living rooms is amazing, which this game is doing for thousands of people.

Can we be rational here? You say we're fanboy but then you (between the lines) admit that you are a Forza fanboy.

I hate the way people form their post, look, first of all, you start off by saying that GT4 is garbage, Forza is better and then at the end, you say GT4 is a great game, Huh?

Any sense to this? If you got to say your opinion, make it clear and without any counter parts.
 
i understand that you CAN use your garage cars in arcade. Someone on here has it in their signature......there is a 1 or 2 select button in the menu that allows the use of garage cars from memory card one or two.

i have yet to try this, but it could tick one off your "ticked-off" list ;-)
 
Famine
There's a quick way to solve the image judder.

Buy the PAL version. Judder-free since March 9th... :D

I have the PAL version and I have seen some 'judder'. Although it very rarely happens and when it does it is only for like half a second at the beginning or end of a race. It's hardely even noticable, but I guess for some people it must be worse.
 
jcb74
To all my fellow loyal GT fans,

Yes, we now have GT4, after having waited for nearly 2 years since the original release was announced for Dec 2003, yes, I LOVE the game, yes, I was there at 12:05am Thurs 10th (I live in Australia) @ my local store to buy it, and yes, I have survived on a total of 18 hours sleep since then!

However:

As a consumer group, and there are plenty of us out there who have incidentally paid very good money for this game (not to mention the associated steering wheels), is anyone else as pissed off as I am am re the following:

* Lack of Lan. Yes, we knew that a while ago, but STILL...
* No garage cars in Arcade mode.. As above +++
* Power figures in Garage/elsewhere WAY off (KW/NM anyway) Annoying..
* ABSOLUTELY STUPID A spec system, where a BOG STANDARD Lupo 1.4i is pitted against an entire field of Lupo Cup cars.... On the 'Burg.... (there are other eg's).

WTF??!! :mad:

* Making you buy a car to race in a series, only to have the same car as a prize.. But hey, you may get it in a special colour... WOW! :rolleyes:
* Buggy game for the NA release
* And as an offside, 20 million versions of Japanese "staples".. Why not some others, such as the Renault Clio Williams, arguably the best hot hatch ever, and I also saw a Citroen DS in the "Making of" DVD, where the F*8$ is it??!!
Yes, it is made by the Japanese, for a Japanese company, but surely even the kids in Japan aren't interested in 20 shades of rice...

Having said that, my PAL release has no "jitters", hasn't screwed up yet, and the only "bug" I can see is a "line" when entering the tunnel of Deep Forest (reverse I think)

I think we should petition Sony to either supply @ reduced cost, or recompense us for the purchase of the LAN version of GT4 (if there is one), or indeed GT5.

I personally have spent AUD80+ for GT 1,2,3 & now 4, in addition to GT Concept, AUD60, GT Prologue, again, another $60 (BTW, can you believe only A/B license transfer for slogging it out in GTPrologue? Took me 10 mins each to redo it for the cars. Pffft!)

Yes, it is a great franchise, yes, there are thousand's of us out there who slavishly follow this franchise, and pay bloody good money for it; does this not entitle us to a little more respect/consideration/value for money??!!

This is a great board, with many, many members (and lurkers too), an acknowledged source of all things GT (just type in google anthing re GT, and you'll find GTplanet in the 1st 10 results).

Surely we can do something.

Yes, it is Sony, and a huge corporation at that, but surely we "little people" can try and do something, after all, they have our money now!

This isnt complaint worthy, its just moaning
 
Wow, I can't believe this thread actually got through the mods....do we really need to start yet another thread for people to wine, complain, and moan about the best racing game released to date? We've all heard these complaints, over, and over and over again, it's so lame. Note the flaws, either live with them or go play another game, obviously there's thousands of people out there who love it, so let's get to some more constructive threads, track techniques, car setups, freakishly good lap times, and lets just let these babies find somewhere else to sob to each other.
 
dreamakah
Wow, I can't believe this thread actually got through the mods....do we really need to start yet another thread for people to wine, complain, and moan about the best racing game released to date? We've all heard these complaints, over, and over and over again, it's so lame. Note the flaws, either live with them or go play another game, obviously there's thousands of people out there who love it, so let's get to some more constructive threads, track techniques, car setups, freakishly good lap times, and lets just let these babies find somewhere else to sob to each other.

yup what is up with the mods all my threads never make it here and crap like this does what gives??
 
jcb74
As a consumer group, and there are plenty of us out there who have incidentally paid very good money for this game (not to mention the associated steering wheels), is anyone else as pissed off as I am am re the following:

* Lack of Lan. Yes, we knew that a while ago, but STILL...


GT4 has LAN mode.. if your unfamiliar with the correct terms for the things you are complaining about i wouldnt want you as our "spokesperson". especially when most of your points have been tenuous at best. and just crazy at worst.

* No garage cars in Arcade mode.. As above +++

as pointed out just before, WRONG.

* ABSOLUTELY STUPID A spec system, where a BOG STANDARD Lupo 1.4i is pitted against an entire field of Lupo Cup cars.... On the 'Burg....
i dont see this being a major problem.. if the player is driving the 1.4i then why? and if not then whats the problem?

actually i cant be bothered going on.. you said it in the 1st parograph. its got you hooked and thats what its all about, not getting together a bunch of small faults and expecting a free lunch for it.
 
My only complaint is my screen jitters.
 
Div is back
Can we be rational here? You say we're fanboy but then you (between the lines) admit that you are a Forza fanboy.

I hate the way people form their post, look, first of all, you start off by saying that GT4 is garbage, Forza is better and then at the end, you say GT4 is a great game, Huh?

Any sense to this? If you got to say your opinion, make it clear and without any counter parts.

Surely. I'm sorry if I was unclear, I wasn't trying to be. The post *is* clear in my mind as I read it, but I know the point I'm trying to make, and since you misquoted me, I obviously failed... So I'll try and elaborate clearly.

Firstly... I am by no means a fanboy. What I know about Forza is summed up rather quickly... I know it's on XBox, and it has a large enough following to merit a rather large post on here discussing it versus GT4. In no way did I ever say in my post that Forza is better in any way... Just that I'm going to look into it, and would buy it if it looked worth buying... Cool?

Second part, I didn't say that GT4 is garbage, just that I couldn't believe how crappy it seemed right off the bat to me. The graphics quality, the shudder/blurring, etc. I am disappointed in the overall look of the game, in addition to some of the exhaust sounds. But every game has flaws, and as I said in closing, I enjoy the game and have great hopes for the next installment.

Was that any better? I understand what you're saying about hating how people form their posts...but in fairness, if you're going to slam me for that, you should pay the same attention to your own post and keep the misquoting to a minimum.

Take care,


Thomas
 
and I also saw a Citroen DS in the "Making of" DVD, where the F*8$ is it??!!

I WANT MY CITROEN DS!! :sick:

yeah forget all those ferraris in the making of video, lets focus on something most people will laugh at you for. there were full car lists available before the release of the PAL version and you buy it KNOWING this car is not there....

alternatively if you hadnt seen a car list then you were PRESUMING the car would be in, this was never promised.
 
Duende
Surely. I'm sorry if I was unclear, I wasn't trying to be. The post *is* clear in my mind as I read it, but I know the point I'm trying to make, and since you misquoted me, I obviously failed... So I'll try and elaborate clearly.

Firstly... I am by no means a fanboy. What I know about Forza is summed up rather quickly... I know it's on XBox, and it has a large enough following to merit a rather large post on here discussing it versus GT4. In no way did I ever say in my post that Forza is better in any way... Just that I'm going to look into it, and would buy it if it looked worth buying... Cool?

Second part, I didn't say that GT4 is garbage, just that I couldn't believe how crappy it seemed right off the bat to me. The graphics quality, the shudder/blurring, etc. I am disappointed in the overall look of the game, in addition to some of the exhaust sounds. But every game has flaws, and as I said in closing, I enjoy the game and have great hopes for the next installment.

Was that any better? I understand what you're saying about hating how people form their posts...but in fairness, if you're going to slam me for that, you should pay the same attention to your own post and keep the misquoting to a minimum.

Take care,


Thomas

Your dissapointment in things like graphics simply doesnt make sense to a seriously huge amount of people, thats why your getting angry responses

have you ever seen a racing game look better than GT4?
 
I honestly can't answer that very well since it has been over a year since I've played any other racing game. Shooting from the hip, I'd say no, I probably haven't.

This still doesn't stop me from being disappointed in the overall graphical quality. But like I said, this will be improved when the game is moved to a new system in the future.

Basically, the game looks crappy to me because it appears to have reached the limits of the PS2s ability in certain areas, and that, along with a few other flaws (such as the shaking screen, which is incredibly bad on my version for some reason) kinda drag down the overall graphical experience for me.

Please understand I was really pointing out that I was more disappointed in the limits of the PS2 then I am GT4. GT4 worked with what they had. That's why I had mentioned the next platform will solve this problem.

Also, I looked back at my first post and noticed that I said "the graphics quality is poor," and then that the next system would solve that. I think what I was trying to say, and what is more understandable, is, "the game looks good, but shows the aging limitations of the system."

This is all my personal opinion. Take care,


Thomas

Better? Sorry for the mistake.
 
akak
Your dissapointment in things like graphics simply doesnt make sense to a seriously huge amount of people, thats why your getting angry responses

have you ever seen a racing game look better than GT4?

They are 3 types of people, Fanboy, Objective people and the Haters.

As an objective person, I must say that Gt4's graphics are by far the best for a racing game, until Forza comes out.
 
EDIT: Forget it, I don't want to start a fight here, as that wasn't my intention.
 
Famine
In the world of business, you can lodge your complaint easily.

Don't like it, don't buy it.


how do you know that you dont like, if you didnt buy it...
 
first off i will state that gt4 is a great game, teh bugs on it are little, and rather un noticable for me and i got the NA version

second have u even tried a demo for forza yet? i did and its horrible compared to this game, u go ahead and foza and after it comes out well see a post, i shoudl have stuck with gt4 cuz forza sucks

then u state the system as agin glimitations...thats funny, thsi game is basically teh first game to reach into teh ps2 and make it work really hard, after seeing the graphics on gt4 i wonder why i ever thought the xbox had good graphics, its back down to number 2 easily and seeing teh forza demo its under gamecube now
 
devilman2075
first off i will state that gt4 is a great game, teh bugs on it are little, and rather un noticable for me and i got the NA version

second have u even tried a demo for forza yet? i did and its horrible compared to this game, u go ahead and foza and after it comes out well see a post, i shoudl have stuck with gt4 cuz forza sucks

then u state the system as agin glimitations...thats funny, thsi game is basically teh first game to reach into teh ps2 and make it work really hard, after seeing the graphics on gt4 i wonder why i ever thought the xbox had good graphics, its back down to number 2 easily and seeing teh forza demo its under gamecube now

I'm sorry, I said I was going to ditch GT4? All these things I said and didn't even realize...

Anyway. No, I haven't seen the Forza demo.

As far as, "then u state the system as agin glimitations...thats funny, thsi game is basically teh first game to reach into teh ps2 and make it work really hard."

Uh...correct. The PS2 is working really hard and I tend to think shows its age when displaying GT4. Are you agreeing or disagreeing?


Take care,



Thomas
 
You see, Devilman's post was a fanboy post. So easy to see.
 
Div is back
You see, Devilman's post was a fanboy post. So easy to see.

teh teh teh, yeah it was pretty obvious
 
If you want to make a point to SCEA/Polyphony/Sony you can boycott all of their products. That is what I do for other things e.g. France.
 
but the french DESERVE it... this is not the case here
 
Worst. Thread. Ever.

You want PD to make a perfect game, but It's NOT POSSIBLE!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back