We Want A Remake

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 1' started by duke_toaster, Jun 28, 2005.

1. duke_toaster

duke_toaster

PD should launch GT1 for the PS2 but with GT4's graphics engine

2. pugboyracer

pugboyracer

What would be the point in that?

3. G.T

G.T Premium

It would be GT4 with less cars then. :odd:

4. sicbeing

sicbeing

Who is "we" anyway?

5. ExigeEvan

ExigeEvan Premium

This isn't Final Fantasy, there's no great story line to revive.

6. JohnBM01

JohnBM01 Premium

Duke_Toaster, I applaud your love of Gran Turismo. But let me tell you simply or not so simply... no. I think if PD were to come up with an enhanced Gran Turismo 1, they'd probably do with Gran Turismo's upcoming 10th Annivesary of the GT franchise. You know, come off with all of Gran Turismo 1's tracks, then totally revamp everything with better sounds, graphics, and other features.

Regardless, GT1 shouldn't be remade. Some of us devotionalists would rather load up GT1 on our PS2s and play away. And GT1 is not like GT2, in the sense of an incomplete game which lacks execution in many respects. So while it's a good idea, I don't think PD will want to bring back GT1 as a totally revamped game. Not even for their 10th Anniversary.

7. Klostrophobic

Klostrophobic

I remember Gran Turismo had some pretty ****ty physics compared to the newer incarnations.

8. Jedi2016

Jedi2016

You ain't kiddin', Klos... Just before GT4 came out, I went back and polished off GT1 and 2. People think the AI and bumpercars in GT4 are bad? Then you're forgetting GT1/2.

As for remakes of GT1? That's easy. GT2, GT3, GT4... there ya go. Have at it.

9. SportWagon

SportWagon Premium

I have previously thought they should put a GT Classic mode into a new game. Sort of an alternative simulation mode, but mimicking as closely as possible the track selection, and event and license structure of the original GT1 simulation mode. But probably with all the cars available.

I mean, it would take less time for a player to complete it than Formula GT.

10. Parnelli Bone

Parnelli Bone Premium

Interesting notion, but it probly won't happen. But even if it did, chances are Poly wouldn't dump loads of money to redo GT1 with PS2 graphix. For instance, it's like, revivals of original arcade games from the 80's like Pac man for the Playstation are made with the original graphix. That's just how these videogame companies work! But, IF they DID remake the original I'd surely be one of the 1st in line...

11. TMM

TMM

I think it would spoil the memory of GT1 if they re-made it with better graphics. Playing it on the PS2 allows you to make the graphics smoother and the load speeds of the disk faster anyway. I do hope that the PS3 will support PS1 & 2 games, then maybe you can change the graphics again.

12. SagarisGTB

SagarisGTB

You are basically saying, GT4 with SSR11. Sounds good.

13. TMM

TMM

Would you really pay £40 for a new games that was GT4 with SSR11???

14. Pupik

Pupik Staff Emeritus

Okay, throw in the Chaser LM, and you have a deal.

15. rockrapdude

rockrapdude

They could make the graphics better(like GT4).The same cars(no suprise ones too), the same music, the same tracks, the same menu the same arcade but on a new engine(physics and graphics engine this is).I would buy it and would like to replay it again and again and again.

16. ExigeEvan

ExigeEvan Premium

Wait, isn't GT2 just a remake of GT1? It's the same idea, same story, maybe not the same characters (cars)...

Who would want to buy an old version of a game that has been improved in sequels, not ruined?

17. Parnelli Bone

Parnelli Bone Premium

Ha ha!

18. TMM

TMM

Yes GT2 is a kind of re-make of GT1, however, like all sequels, it was supposed to be improved. More cars, more tracks, better AI etc. This thread is about a re-make of the GT1, the same cars, the same tracks, the same music. The only improvements would be the grahics and the physics engines and you would all go and buy it for £40.

I didn't think the Chaser added that much to the game.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of GT1 and I think the gameplay is the best of the series although I haven't played GT4 yet, but it would be a hard decision to spend £40 on a new improved GT1 that was the same as the original except for graphics and physics engines.

19. SagarisGTB

SagarisGTB

Well then, GT4 with...

Racing Modifications
    SSR11
    GT1 Menu music
    GT1 racing music
    Honda Delsol LM
    Cerbera LM
    FTO LM
    Dodge concept car
    Nissan Silvia LM (S14)
    Nismo GTR LM
    Chaser LM
    Honda NSX-R LM GT2
    GTO LM
    RX7 LM
    Chevrolet Corvette coupe '96
    Aston Martin DB7/volante
    Mistubishi mirage cyborg
    Subaru Impreza Rally car (575hp)

If youre a big GT fan , then its worth the money. Make it a PS3 release, ad online play and make it 20 cars on the track and Id buy it no problem.

20. SportWagon

SportWagon Premium

It was rather mediocre, but, because of that, when you were able to use it to win major races, it indicated a certain level of mastery of the game.

21. Parnelli Bone

Parnelli Bone Premium

Well said. The Chaser isn't a speedbomber, so you gotta know the courses and stuff and you gotta know how to drive really well every single lap, not rely on horses so much.

This is really a ridiculous thread. They're not remaking GT1. It ain't gonna happen! Trust me on this...right now Poly & Sony are scratching their heads trying to figure out how and when they can introduce GT5 for the Ps3. Should we include damage finally and compete with Forza Motorsport? Can we get online action happening this time? This is what they're trying to figure out.

22. a6m5

a6m5 Premium

Very interesting idea, but I regard the first GT so much, that I think PD will just ruin it. I can see it happening on PSP though. And also as those classic/retro games in another 10 - 15 years. :p

23. TMM

TMM

Thats cool, I'm sure I won some prestige races with the Chaser.

Lets hope for realistic damage, on-line play and the return of the R model.

24. TMM

TMM

I agree and I can't wait for it to appear on the PSP, playing GT in the office would be great. Never get any work done mind.

25. Pupik

Pupik Staff Emeritus

But it took AI punshiment like a brick ****house.
    If you didn't make mistakes, you could win some decent races.

It was pretty much the only car that didn't make it into any other GT game. The Silvia LM morphed into some other true-blue race car over the series.

It's funny, GT1 though GT3 could probably fit on one PS2 disk.

26. Woolie Wool

Woolie Wool

C-West Razo Silvia.

Anyway, I think a remake is pointless, but I would love it if they took all the cars and tracks from all GT games and put them into GT5.

27. Gabkicks

Gabkicks

this has to be in the top ten of most retarded posts ever on the gtplanet forums. i was amazed when i saw the title of the thread and just had to check it out.

28. Parnelli Bone

Parnelli Bone Premium

ha ha. Naw, it's not retarded....but it'll never happen. Some people just wanna dream thats all..

29. T5-R

T5-R

I don't know if the PAL release was that different to the others, but I still think the style of GT1, the music, the menu presentation and the game balance was so much better then any of the sequels. Pity they made most of the GT1 tracks really boring to look/race at in GT4.

30. a6m5

a6m5 Premium

Yeah, those great tracks from the GT1 didn't feel the same in GT4, did it? Oh, well! I'm just happy P.D. decided to throw them back in. :)