Wednesdays TOYOTA 2000GT 20:30-21:30 GMT- Congratulations Champion PimikiFinished 

It was my fault, I didn't mean to do it.

I know that it's my fault, I displayed lack of car control. I was a bit rusty because I hadn't participated in full season due to other commitents, which was caused by lack of practice. I'll get more practice during this weekend...

Sick Cylinder!

I got in the previous tournament winnings model car! I want to thank you for your time and money without sparing you sent me .This will feature sports trophy in place .
I hope you will continue to organizers of the championships and to eat , you can play .
I wish Kudo images more sporting successes.
IMG_0225.JPG
IMG_0224.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0225.JPG
    IMG_0225.JPG
    45.4 KB · Views: 9
Sick Cylinder!

I got in the previous tournament winnings model car! I want to thank you for your time and money without sparing you sent me .This will feature sports trophy in place .
I hope you will continue to organizers of the championships and to eat , you can play .
I wish Kudo images more sporting successes.
View attachment 587940 View attachment 587939
Congratulations Pimiki, you deserved it! 👍

Congratulations to the winners of the last series! Special Thanks to @Sick Cylinder for making such entertaining series happen, and thanks to all fellow racers for the exciting battles we had and will have! :cheers:

Last week i went to a car show featuring swedish and french cars, here are some pictures for you to enjoy:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/media/albums/baguette-and-wasa-bread-at-lenkwerk.812/

Great pictures Tarnheld and thanks for the kind thoughts.

Just a reminder to everyone that it is Round 1 tonight. If anyone is reading this and would like to join - we have a couple of spaces available!

Something to keep you amused till the race!

That was an fantastic race for me! Gaining 10 positions from 11th to 2nd.

Sorry for the beginning of the race, I was distracted on talking with my mom, as I was hearing the radio about the SSC Napoli-Benfica counting for the 2nd Round of UEFA Champions League 2016/17.

Really looking forward to this series, yummy tricky little car on comfort tires! :dopey: The first race started with really great battles with @AndreasR and @buybon355, only marred by my stupid slip-up — braked way too late into the Andretti hairpin and took @buybon355 with me, robbing him a few good places. :ouch::guilty: I'm really sorry for that blunder, hopefully i can get my act together next round.

Sorry for arriving late.

Thanks to the main race start pile up, I gained more places than I deserved.

Had a great battle with Sick but then made a silly mistake last lap trying to get a run on BB just before the corkscrew and screwed it up by doing a 360. Still happy with my 8th but was hoping to finally beat sick!!...you're so hard to pass!!!

Sorry to see Paul and tarn sitting the race out. Hope all ok?

:cheers:

I also was surprised that Tarnheld and Paul were last on the race behind John. I usually see John as a last placed driver on most of the races...

Yep fun race today! I got up in Harsk's news flash, so started from 11th infront of @richroo who got the worst of it. Managed to work my way up to fourth place. I could have had third but I got too excited in the last corner when I was side by side with Ben Millard in the corner and I spun out by putting too much power down - I forgot which gear I was in...

Great race and battles all around (except for the start).

Yep fun race today! I got up in Harsk's news flash, so started from 11th infront of @richroo who got the worst of it. Managed to work my way up to fourth place. I could have had third but I got too excited in the last corner when I was side by side with Ben Millard in the corner and I spun out by putting too much power down - I forgot which gear I was in...

Great race and battles all around (except for the start).
Well, you were overtaken by me before I overtook Ben Millard and Andreas.

Oh well, when I overtook Andreas, I was like: "Go ahead of me" and then I was surprised that Andreas commited an error... I was not expecting this to be honest.

Sorry for shredding the guitar in race 1 turn 2, gave the place back to make up for the bum notes. Never drove the car and the tunes in this thread are very DS3 unfriendly!

Getting loose with the LSD (5 5 10) got me singing a sweeter tune in the main event. Saw a 1:45.8 solo but Harsky hit the whistle register with a 1:45.2 that brought the roof down.

The leader had split at the start of both tours, presumably to pursue their own artistic direction. At least my 3rd place in the band still gets me on the podium with the champagne ad ladies...and that's the only reason we do this amirite?

Thanks to SC for putting on the show. I'll promise to show up to rehearsals next week but we both know I'll stumble in last minute again, start playing out of time with a slow tempo. And then it's anyone's goes what happens after the interval - it might be a legendary comeback or I might just fade away into obscurity.

Either way, it'll be one heck of a show!

Sorry for shredding the guitar in race 1 turn 2, gave the place back to make up for the bum notes. Never drove the car and the tunes in this thread are very DS3 unfriendly!

Getting loose with the LSD (5 5 10) got me singing a sweeter tune in the main event. Saw a 1:45.8 solo but Harsky hit the whistle register with a 1:45.2 that brought the roof down.

The leader had split at the start of both tours, presumably to pursue their own artistic direction. At least my 3rd place in the band still gets me on the podium with the champagne ad ladies...and that's the only reason we do this amirite?

Thanks to SC for putting on the show. I'll promise to show up to rehearsals next week but we both know I'll stumble in last minute again, start playing out of time with a slow tempo. And then it's anyone's goes what happens after the interval - it might be a legendary comeback or I might just gaze away into obscurity.

Either way, it'll be one heck of a show!
Well Ben, I'm so sorry if I hit 1'45.2. I wasn't even expecting to do that, because when I've practised, I did 1'46's instead of 1'45's!

If I hadn't done an error at the beginning the race, then I would probably have gone with better result, but anyways, the way to prize is very long, so, I'll keep working hard to get the 2nd title on my Sick's World Classic Racing career.

Really looking forward to this series, yummy tricky little car on comfort tires! :dopey: The first race started with really great battles with @AndreasR and @buybon355, only marred by my stupid slip-up — braked way too late into the Andretti hairpin and took @buybon355 with me, robbing him a few good places. :ouch::guilty: I'm really sorry for that blunder, hopefully i can get my act together next round.

No worries tarn, it's most unlike you, I know nothings intentional. I was punching above my weight trying to keep simba behind but really enjoyed the cat and mouse.

I had suts reeling me in lap after lap towards the end, think he would have had be if not for a spin on the way up to the corkscrew.

Really well done to harsk for making up so many places. Impressive stuff. Going to be a good series.

What means PG? Platinum Gold?

Provisional Gold.

Race Report - Round 1

Slide 1.jpg

Above new man, Ben Millard in number 85 takes a tight line at the "Corkscrew" on his way to a fine podium.

Slide 2.jpg

Top and middle carnage ensued when Harsk stalled at the start. Rich went sideways in the blue number 31. I hit his car, damaging mine and losing a place into corner 1. Rich was knocked round and across the track into the path of Zeus in the orange number 66.

Bottom Harsk in the white number 33 set off in relentless pursuit of the leader Pimiki (Light Green 54), here he is about to claim another two scalps. By the time Harsk had worked his way through the field Pimiki was long gone having lead from the first corner.

Slide 3.jpg

Top and middle Ben Millard battling with Tarnheld (Brown 28). Bottom the winner, multiple champion and one of our oldest racers, the Hungarian Maestro Pimiki in action.

Note - Cars 8 and 88 failed post race scrutineering due to the fitment of age inappropriate wheels - please choose wheels from the approved list: Stock, American Racing Vintage Torq Thrust, Wire Wheels or PDI P525N. Car 31 was fitted with tyres of too low a profile, wheel choice of PDI P525N was ok, but please fit the standard size for Round 2.

T 2000GT Historic Photo.jpg

Note - we have a couple of spaces available - online novice or experienced racer welcome - just leave a message in the thread below or contact the Host - Sick Cylinder.

Next Round 2 from Deep Forest (Forward)

Last edited:
Adios Fridays, I'm going to miss you. But hey! Come on Wednesdays!

Except, luckily for me, I'll be in sunny old Spain on 5th Oct. See you all in Spa then 👍 I'll get a bit of practice in.

Cheers, Zo.

EDIT: I've just noticed that it's Apricot Hill before Spa :dopey:. See you in the rain then!

Last edited:
Cars 8 and 88 failed post race scrutinee
Apologies sick. I have returned wheels to stock.

In keeping with the era we're racing, would you like me to change car colour from the modern purple colour I have to e.g. GT-Japanese 009-W (ochre) or GT-Japanese 004-W(red)? None of these colours are being used. Or if you're happy with my purple colour, I'll keep it.

Thanks

Apologies sick. I have returned wheels to stock.

In keeping with the era we're racing, would you like me to change car colour from the modern purple colour I have to e.g. GT-Japanese 009-W (ochre) or GT-Japanese 004-W(red)? None of these colours are being used. Or if you're happy with my purple colour, I'll keep it.

Thanks

Thanks Suts. The colour purple is fine for racing - sorry its a black and white photo, but this is the famous "Purple Onion" Austin Healey race car sponsored by the Purple Onion Go Go club - perhaps you have the same sponsor?

Purple Onion Car.jpg

Sorry to see Paul and tarn sitting the race out. Hope all ok?
Yes all was fine thanks. Can't say the same for my car, I just couldn't find any grip.*
It doesn't brake, has terminal understeer and some oversteer, it even spins Its wheels up in 3rd gear!
Instead of slipping and sliding about for 25 mins in everyone's way I decided to sit it out.

For some reason I can't quite gel with this car.

Well done to all those who did carry on racing. 👍

Are those ladies above wearing the correct racing outfits Sick? :P

* It was quite good on the straights though. :)

I've got extra work commitments this week.
I won't be racing on Wednesday. Sorry.
Good luck with the Toyota on Deep Forest all.

Back