Wednesdays TOYOTA 2000GT 20:30-21:30 GMT- Congratulations Champion PimikiFinished 

I have been practising online as well, and I'm gunning for yah @Harsk100 :gtpflag:

IMG_1631.JPG

Edit;

I made a slight adjustment to the lsd and it's getting the power to the ground much better now.
IMG_1633.JPG

Last edited:
Sounds like we will be a bit short handed this evening so there is plenty of room if anyone wants to try this series out - NB you will need to send me a friend request via your PS3 and then accept an invitation to the club.

^ And using the interior view as well. Nice going @pretend racer 👍 (Still looking forward to VR I expect)

I'm having a few days off from GT so I don't think I'll race tomorrow either. My car's rubbish anyway, I doubt it/I would get anywhere near the 1:30s!

Hopefully I'll be back on Friday.

Race if you can - Imagine that the Toyota 2000GT is a big LCC Rocket full of shopping - it handles beautifully especially at Deep Forest, but brake early and focus on corner exit rather than corner entry.

Tricky car tricky racing. Good thing it was just a test. :dopey:

I seem to have created a drift car. :odd:However my best lap was only 2s behind the really fast guys. This is good for me. :sly:

So for what it's worth here's my setup. Please feel free to ignore it!

Toyota 2000GT '67
PP 463
BHP 276
Weight 937kg
Tyres CM

Suspension full custom

RH 84 94
SR 5.30 4.85
DC 5 5
DE 9 6
Anti R 5/6 or 7/6 not sure which is better
Camber and toe all zero (0)
Race brakes 7/7 or 7/6

Drivetrain
Triple clutch
Carbon prop
LSD

Power 100%
Stage3 engine
Sport comp
Sports exhaust
Ism
Cc sports
Intake tuning

Body
Full weight reductions carbon bonnet and window reduction
No ballast

Transmission
Full custom
Set to default
Final gear to 5.775
Then max speed to 112mph(180kph)
Then gears
1. 2.890
2. 1.995
3. 1.515
4. 1.196
5. 0.979
Then
Final gear to 3.700 to 3.500 depending on top speed required.

Look forward to racing next week.
EDIT: ABS 1.
:cheers:
I'm using a trial-and-error mash up of this and @demochilde 460pp ballasted tune, without any ballast.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/resources/toyota-2000gt-67-450pp-ss.978/

EDIT: Laguna Seca was mostly @Sutsagrd tune but LSD 5 5 10. Here is the tune I used at Deep Forest today.

Stats
463pp
276bhp
29.4kg/m
937kg
54:46

Suspension
95 85
5.25 4.70 (min and nearly min, normal for DS3)
1 1 (DS3)
4 3 (softened Suts tune)
6 3 (quite extreme to favour rear traction; CM has massive turn with brake finesse)
0.0 0.0 (always)
-0.05 0.07 (magic from demonchilde!)

Race Brakes
8 4 (demonchilde; my previous 6 5 was judged from ABS:0 lockup testing)

Gearbox
Normal tranny trick. You'll have to experiment with the Final Drive to get these ratios as I don't remember!
Max. Speed: 200km/h (min)
1: (sorry missed this in the photo)
2: 1.800
3: 1.450
4: 1.200
5: 1.000
Final: 4.250 (actual top speed about 215km/h; Laguna used 4.500)

Drivetrain
5 5 6 (gets a LOT crazier a lot easier with stick steering so try 5 5 10 first)

Power
All parts, no NOS. 100% limiter with oil change, by series specification.

Body
Normal chassis
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Carbon Bonnet (body colour)
Window Weight Reduction
Standard downforce.
0kg ballast at 0% position.

Last edited:
Sick Cylinder!

The way I saw I won the first pole position. Compared to the fifth place after starting started again. Why?
At the forefront .Note closer to the end result in terms of the order. I do not understand why this is good because I do not want anyone.
I just won the first place then I apologize.

I missed the start of race 1 literally by 1 second. I was undoing a setting I tried near the end. But the online menu was not as fast as offline. I mistimed it and it was in 10 seconds as I pressed Enter.

I'm honestly very sorry for the disruption this caused. You should have kept pole position. I did not earn my 3rd place grid start.

6th or lower was my place, best lap 1:32.9 for me. 1:31.9 for simba I saw in the session. I think Pimi had gone faster before the first attempt at the race start.

EDIT: Corrected Simba time, phone tapping fail.

In race 2 I got to 3rd place and had lots of space ahead and behind. It was looking like a lonely race. Zeus was behind so I eased up, let him through and gave chase. After a couple of laps, made a textbook pass into turn 1.

Pulled away again, but was pushing too hard. Span the wheels in the long tight right, before the 2nd tunnel. Regained the car but decided to let Zeus through again as he was close.

Made another pass and pulled away, more gradually this time as he was on top of the car. Eased up on main straight with 3 minutes to go for an exciting finished.

We passed the start/finish with 0 time left. We were nose to tail and eventually I got a final clean pass on this lap. Celebrated as we went over the finish line... "THIS IS THE FINAL LAP". Gah! I thought we would finish 1 lap behind the leaders instead of it extending the race for everyone in this way. :ouch:

Zeus slowed at the actual finish but rolled over to take 3rd as I approached. It was my decision to give the place back all those times and my mistake to celebrate prematurely. It ain't over 'till the red text is flashing!

All in all, a pretty embarrassing evening for me. Really out of practice with GT6 in general. First meeting I did 100km in total. This time I did nearly 200km in total. Found the track a lot, lot harder. Really struggled to get a tune I could drive consistently and was miles off the lead pace.

@Harsk100 @Pimasz @AndreasR really found some alien pace with the car at this track. :bowdown:

Last edited:
There shouldn´t have been a restart of the pre-race! If someone is late he should start at the back of the field at the main race. (sorry, Ben, next time it could be me :) )
I thought this is why you created the pre-race, Sick.

1:38.9 ?? I can´t believe that ;)

:cheers:

I decided too pit race 2, changes had made, was put the weight, right at the back. This made the even harder to drive, making move back wards, into and out of corners. Plus adjusted the gears to high.

Changed it back now.:(

I didn't mind restarting for Ben. It's not like he was late arriving (he was there before me) it's just that he'd dropped from track into the menus and had missed the countdown - and Sick hadn't spotted he'd gone.
And nobody had actually left the start line at the time.

I thought the 1st race was meant to mix it up and set the grid positions for the main race.
I think it would be better if you reset the track before the qualifying race Sick. It would make it a random grid and therefore a much more exciting race. Having drivers setting times for 10 mins and therefore in effect qualifying for the qualifying race seems to defeat the purpose - the usual drivers are always at the front. Even if the fast guys have a bad qualy race they still have 25mins of the main race to make amends - and again might make for a more exciting feature race with them making their way to the front. At the moment it does tend to be usual predictable procession of drivers each week.

Anyway my car, after a few more tweaks, was a bit better yesterday. Not sure about the driver though. :)

Last edited:
I didn't mind restarting for Ben. It's not like he was late arriving (he was there before me) it's just that he'd dropped from track into the menus and had missed the countdown - and Sick hadn't spotted he'd gone.
And nobody had actually left the start line at the time.

I thought the 1st race was meant to mix it up and set the grid positions for the main race.
I think it would be better if you reset the track before the qualifying race Sick. It would make it a random grid and therefore a much more exciting race. Having drivers setting times for 10 mins and therefore in effect qualifying for the qualifying race seems to defeat the purpose - the usual drivers are always at the front. Even if the fast guys have a bad qualy race they still have 25mins of the main race to make amends - and again might make for a more exciting feature race with them making their way to the front. At the moment it does tend to be usual predictable procession of drivers each week.

There are some good suggestions in this post by IfAndOr so I will ask the Stewards for their opinion and will not comment further until an announcement is made before the next Toyota 2000GT Round (3).

Slide 1 Round 2.jpg
Slide 2 Round 2.jpg

Title picture - Harsk was on fine form again, here he leads into the tunnel. Composite picture - main: Simba Lora in action. Below left Sick Cylinder tries to keep up. Bottom right IfAndOr vents his frustration with an ill handling car while his bemused mechanics look on from pit lane! Note pictures taken during Qualification Race.

Round 2 Points.jpg

Above with 10 rounds remaining and one score to drop everything is still to play for, but Harsk is looking strong. Ben Millard has produced some fast lap times and good results and is rapidly on his way to Gold license status.

With immediate effect @John Wells will be allowed to use a tyre on his Toyota one grade higher than other drivers i.e. John will use Comfort Soft, all other drivers will continue to use Comfort Medium.

Testing - I did a little bit of testing with my Toyota this morning. I have been using Race Soft suspension with a brake balance of 7 / 4 and LSD 10 / 25 / 15. During testing I found that adding chassis reinforcement and changing my settings to brakes 8 / 4 and LSD 12 / 30 / 15 gave a big improvement. I would normally only use that LSD setting for a very high powered car, but it helped get the power down exiting corners and reduced the tendency for the car to spin out while applying throttle. Try those settings John with the Comfort Soft tyres and I think the car will be a lot easier to manage.

Next Round 3 from Apricot Hill (Note Full Wet Tyres Required)

That was a great night today... With that, I'm now the leader of the championship. Remember that there are 10 rounds left, so the way to prize is long! 👍
Sick Cylinder!

The way I saw I won the first pole position. Compared to the fifth place after starting started again. Why?
At the forefront .Note closer to the end result in terms of the order. I do not understand why this is good because I do not want anyone.
I just won the first place then I apologize.

Sick Cylinger!
In the evening I went out because of adverse starting order after the restart! Undue advantage and a disadvantage for everyone. I am trying to carry out in the forefront because there did not want to start from the middle ranks. You can do this?

That was a great night today... With that, I'm now the leader of the championship. Remember that there are 10 rounds left, so the way to prize is long! 👍

Sick Cylinger!
In the evening I went out because of adverse starting order after the restart! Undue advantage and a disadvantage for everyone. I am trying to carry out in the forefront because there did not want to start from the middle ranks. You can do this?
The grid order was also very strange to me yesterday... I wasn't expecting that. :irked:

Thanks Sick, I will try that, been using Race Soft suspension.
See what cars like with chassis reinforcement:D

Well, I've fully customized the 2000 GT with every single part, except the Racing Exhaust, as the Sports Exhaust was fitted instead.

Sick Cylinger!

Repeated from previous post - There are some good suggestions in this post by IfAndOr so I will ask the Stewards for their opinion and will not comment further until an announcement is made before the next Toyota 2000GT Round (3).

Repeated from previous post - There are some good suggestions in this post by IfAndOr so I will ask the Stewards for their opinion and will not comment further until an announcement is made before the next Toyota 2000GT Round (3).

I think this sort of competition that error should be rectified immediately prior to the beginning not later judge!

The important thing is to start the race based on qualifying sorted! Do not randomly because it is not realistic.

How about pre-race with random grid and flying start to avoid "Harakiri" starting.
I don't think you can select flying/rolling starts on many tracks, only the ovals. Shame really because at times it would be useful.
Initially I thought there was, but it seems there isn't a truly random grid order either!

The most realistic racing experiance for a complete meeeting would be 10 to 15 minutes qualification with everyone racing together and starting from the pits. Picking your moment to go out on track to hopefully avoid too much traffic but with just enough time to get one or two flying laps in. Start the Qualy at 8.45 and the meetings should run to time using this approach - network permitting!

If you are late to the meeting you'd miss the racing of course.
If you get DC'd it would be unlucky but it could be seen as a mechanical failure (possibly with some points for trying).

This looks like a fun and interesting series. I think I will follow along for the next couple of weeks and see if my times are comparable then maybe join for the remainder of the season, if that's allowed. Need to do something to create free time and this looks like it could be it :) plus, it's been forever since I've raced on these forums, would love to get back into it.

This looks like a fun and interesting series. I think I will follow along for the next couple of weeks and see if my times are comparable then maybe join for the remainder of the season, if that's allowed. Need to do something to create free time and this looks like it could be it :) plus, it's been forever since I've raced on these forums, would love to get back into it.

We would love to have you join us so I have sent a private message with more details.

I went to setup a room to practise online and I had a question about how to setup the track for wed race. Is this how I should setup the track for practise?

Time: 1500
Weather: 100%
Time progression: 3(times)
Weather change ability: 1 (times)
Surface water at race start: 0%

Thanks.

I don't think you can select flying/rolling starts on many tracks, only the ovals. Shame really because at times it would be useful.
Initially I thought there was, but it seems there isn't a truly random grid order either!

The most realistic racing experiance for a complete meeeting would be 10 to 15 minutes qualification with everyone racing together and starting from the pits. Picking your moment to go out on track to hopefully avoid too much traffic but with just enough time to get one or two flying laps in. Start the Qualy at 8.45 and the meetings should run to time using this approach - network permitting!

I tried several and you´re absolutly right, - no chance.

So I´d support your suggestion: instead of a qualifying race an extended qualifying practice. But starting the race at 8.45 and extend it from 25 min to 40 min.

I went to setup a room to practise online and I had a question about how to setup the track for wed race. Is this how I should setup the track for practise?

Time: 1500
Weather: 100%
Time progression: 3(times)
Weather change ability: 1 (times)
Surface water at race start: 0%

Thanks.

I think it should be Weather: 70-90% (for the photos)
and Surface Water: 100% (for the lack of grip :scared:)

"May the GRIP be with you"

Cheers :cheers:

Round 3 Apricot Hill (100% Wet - use race heavy wet tyres)

Note - round 3 is our one wet round out of 12 - you will need to purchase racing heavy wet tyres before entering the room. Please be patient and take your time to pass as spray will make visibility difficult. Grip levels with the racing wet tyres are similar to our normal comfort mediums. A wide track was selected for our wet round which was inspired by historic wet races held at Sebring and Nassau in the early 1960's.

Room Settings are as follows:
Weather 100%
Surface Water 100%
Weather Changeability 0.
Time 12:00.
Time Progression 1.
Tyres: No Limit - this enables you to fit racing wet tyres.

Meeting Schedule
Room opens: 20:25 - 20:30
10 Minute Qualification Race: 20:40
25 Minute Feature race: 20:55

Please arrive on time and with your car ready to race - note you may need to enter setup to fit the racing wet tyres. If you are running late please enter at 20:50 so that you can start the Feature Race from the back of the grid.

In future I will not restart the qualification race (unless there are exceptional circumstances such as a mass disconnection). Please note - I cannot see whether all the cars are on track while I am on track (the game lists 8 drivers names). I will give a 2 minutes to start message and a 1 minute to start message then click start at 20:40 for the qualification race and 20:55 for the feature race.

Drivers who exit the meeting before the start of the Feature Race will not be awarded points. If you exit the meeting during the Feature Race you will receive disconnection points. If you park in the gravel or retire to the pits you will receive the points for the place which the game awards.

Good luck to all and remember we will be back to normal dry racing next week with our normal room settings. In 1965 at Sebring the Pit Lane was flooded and one car (a Bizzarini) struck a post and snapped in half just behind the drivers seat - hopefully your sitting rooms will remain dry even though the track will be 100% wet!

I went to setup a room to practise online and I had a question about how to setup the track for wed race. Thanks.

Please refer to room settings paragraph near start of post.

I tried several and you´re absolutly right, - no chance.

So I´d support your suggestion: instead of a qualifying race an extended qualifying practice. But starting the race at 8.45 and extend it from 25 min to 40 min.

I have decided to stick with the current format for the following reasons: The qualifying race is quite popular and gives drivers a chance to get a feel for the car under race conditions - some drivers will not have had time to touch the game or car from one meeting to the next. The 25 minute Feature Race, in my experience is about the limit that the average competitor can handle without losing concentration and is not too long for those who are having a bad day also it gives you two chances of having a good race without detracting from the intensity of the main race. I will look at the format again after this series has been completed.

Back