Wednesdays TOYOTA 2000GT 20:30-21:30 GMT- Congratulations Champion PimikiFinished 

Please note - I cannot see whether all the cars are on track while I am on track
If you exit from the track to the pits you'll see all who are on track and providing you don't exit from the pits back into the lobby you will still keep any times you have set. This process can be repeated - return to track, back to pits etc. Good for keeping an eye on anyone still tweaking prior to race start.

@buybon355 yep that's the answer.
I cannot see whether all the cars are on track while I am on track (the game lists 8 drivers names).
Drove my best lap of the test session for 3rd place grid start. Drove my best ever race to get a win against @harsk by just half a second! Next cars over 10 seconds behind us.

Main race, out-started by harsk who cuts across me. I'm patient and eventually find the traction to get past between the hairpin and final chicane. That uphill low speed drag, then over the curved crest, very challenging to keep the car accelerating in line!

I pull a bit of a gap. Harsk goes off track exiting the very long left, around the lake. All the track is a lake in this race! Only about 1 second ahead.

I focus on early braking points. Keep calm and keep it pointing the right way. This is now my best ever drive, for sure.

You have been disconnected from the server.

:banghead:

Recently, I just want to get through a single day without something bad happening to me. But that seems like too much to ask. Totally deflated by this.

Wired connection, ports forwarded, cable broadband, etc, etc.

This is now my best ever drive, for sure.

You and Harsk were definite rain kings!!:bowdown: Along with Zo and rich.

You have been disconnected from the server
That was a real shame. There was some weird lag moments now and then also.

Personally that was also one of my best races. I couldn't believe I was quicker than many of the fast racers. Interesting how rain levels the playing field a bit. I also think I've a much better tune on the Toyota than the rubbish one I posted early in this thread...I'm not a tuner!

Sick, hopefully my overtake on you wasn't too aggressive? I was on your inside and you kept squeezing me until the bump. I'm sorry you didn't see me and glad it didn't completely throw you off.

For future reference I wonder if 75% weather would have made it a little lighter to see track and cars but it would still keep raining?

I'm up for more rain races:D
:cheers:

Very sorry that Ben Millard was disconnected - both he and Harsk were in incredible form at this round and deserved to finish.

[QUOTE="Sutsagrd, post: 11573510, member: 263171"]Personally that was also one of my best races. I couldn't believe I was quicker than many of the fast racers. Interesting how rain levels the playing field a bit. Sick, hopefully my overtake on you wasn't too aggressive? I was on your inside and you kept squeezing me until the bump. I'm sorry you didn't see me and glad it didn't completely throw you off. For future reference I wonder if 75% weather would have made it a little lighter to see track and cars but it would still keep raining? I'm up for more rain races:D:cheers:[/QUOTE]

There were a lot of very good performances and some of the normally fast drivers seemed to struggle. Rain does level the playing field in real racing because the difference in engine and chassis performance between the well funded and lower budget teams becomes less important.

I'm not too sure why driver performance would vary in the wet in GT6 compared with the dry - that is something people could discuss in the thread - maybe it is easier for a (very good) DS3 user to recover from slides in the wet than a (very good) wheel user?

I did experiment with different weather settings, but decided to simulate a really heavy storm of the sort which today would cause a race stoppage, but in Sebring 1965 flooded the track and pits. Further experimentation will be held before the rain race in Season Two.

[SIZE=6][B]Scrutineers Notes - Round 3[/B][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4]One car, driven by @Zolon32 had lost its race number - presumably washed off - please stick on a new one before round 4.

[U]A lot of cars were being used with the wrong exhaust[/U] - Every Driver should ensure that they have a "[B]Sports Exhaust[/B]" fitted. In photos this has a slash undercut or what Americans call a "Baloney Cut" end - To see what the correct exhaust looks like check out the cars of Ben Millard, Harsk and Sick Cylinder. If you use the Sports Exhaust the limiter is not needed to comply with the room limits. [U]Use of race exhausts will give drivers an unfair advantage and will be penalised in future rounds by the deduction of points[/U].[/SIZE]

[SIZE=6][B]News[/B][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4]I have started a new club thread for "Sick's Race Room" - please feel free to post pictures, car show stuff - anything car or car racing related on that thread. This was started in response to a comment from Zolon who said he had trouble finding our series. The link is below - note I have stopped updating the GTP Classix Club thread as a lot of the original Hosts have now migrated to PS4 or Xbox.

[URL]https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/sicks-race-room-clean-racing-with-a-classic-flavour-wednesday-friday.350155/[/URL]

The track list for season two of Shelby v Chevy has been posted onto the start of that thread. Prizes have been acquired for season two - Clarkson DVD's, for season one the winners receive small art prints.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]The Toyota 2000GT thread has now been marked as full - we had 14 drivers at Round 3 which was great - an unexpectedly high turnout for a wet round.
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=6][B]Christmas[/B][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4]There is a two week break from Championship racing between 21st and 30th December inclusive - I have filled that gap with 125 Shifter Kart racing on the streets of Willow and the streets of London.

[B][SIZE=6]Round 3 in Pictures[/SIZE][/B] - the big story of the race was the dominant performance by Harsk (White 33) and (Green 85) Ben Millard (before his disconnection)[/SIZE]

[ATTACH=full]595945[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]595946[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]595947[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]595948[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]595949[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• R3 Slide 1.jpg
    R3 Slide 1.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 128
  • R3 Slide 2.jpg
    R3 Slide 2.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 129
  • R3 Slide 3.jpg
    R3 Slide 3.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 129
  • R3 Slide 4.jpg
    R3 Slide 4.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 132
  • R3 Slide 5.jpg
    R3 Slide 5.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:
After a catastrophic fail in qualify race from pole ,i had to keep my head for the main race, starting 11th i had to work my way through the field , got up to 4th and was on zol's tail with the possible over take in sight but had spin at hairpin and lost time ! Finished 3rd due to ben's unexpected disappearing(big shame)..
No mention of this by sick ..must be coz i might have wrong tail pipe ...
Great race for me 4 a change!

Spa, a track I don't like most of the time. Some kerbs are coated in oil. Some kerbs coated in superglue. :confused:

Had not tested here in the week. Just 5 laps on the night and we were into the race. Using my Apricot Hill wet weather tune. At least I remembered to put SM tyres on it instead of trying W. :lol:

Race 1 needs to be looked at by stewards imho. Too many individual incidents to name!

Race 2. This went better for me. 2:56 2:55 2:54 my best laps of the evening! Then @Harsk100 sets a 1:52 and I push too hard, run on the oily kerbs and nearly take out @zeus and @buybon355 at the last chicane.

@Harsk100 was very fair with me in race 2, we had some nice wheel to wheel. He rejoined carefully very when he ran wide because he'd left space for me on the inside.

@pimiki sorry for a very small touch on your back wheel at the end of Kemel Straight. Because you are so fast I thought you would enter turn ahead of me! Looks like my car turns in great. I just struggle to balance steering and power using DS3.

Big improvement in my times as the evening went on. Some nice overtakes around me and that I saw ahead.

It has to be said, some bad moves and stupid car placement. Such as one driver going alongside me as I looked for space past 2 cars ahead who are rejoining and bouncing off each other. 4 wide with 2 of the cars out of control will always make a bad situation worse!

Another driver kept turning in on me when I was alongside during corner entry and perfectly under control. Strong turn-in performance with my setup. Then I can just hold apex and carefully drive out, monitoring whether the other driver is now behind or still alongside.

That situational awareness and observations is a bit lacking from some drivers. If you don't use chase cam, practice using the 'side view' and 'rear view' buttons please. 👍

But what I'll remember are the good moves, the oily kerbs and a lot of time driving 1-2 seconds behind many faster drivers on a suitable historic track. :cool:

Last edited:
Spa, a track I don't like most of the time. Some kerbs are coated in oil. Some kerbs coated in superglue. :confused:

Had not tested here in the week. Just 5 laps on the night before we started here. Using my Apricot Hill wet weather tune. At least I remembered to put SM tyres on it instead of trying W. :lol:

Race 1 needs to be looked at by stewards imho. Too many individual incidents to name!

Race 2. This went better for me. 2:56 2:55 2:54 my best laps of the evening! Then @Harsk100 sets a 1:52 and I push too hard, run on the oily kerbs and nearly take out @zeus and @buybon355 at the last chicane.

@Harsk100 was very fair with me in race 2, we had some nice wheel to wheel. He rejoined carefully very when he ran wide because he'd left space for me on the inside.

@pimiki sorry for a very small touch on your back wheel at the end of Kemel Straight. Because you are so fast I thought you would enter turn ahead of me! Looks like my car turns in wheel, I just struggle to balance steering and power using DS3.
Well, on the qualifying Race, when I ampttented to overtake Pimiki, he pushed me off track, which made me hit Ben and Simba! Because of him, I lost the pole to Zolon!

On Race 2, it went better on me, but I was very terrible on cornering, as I displayed lack of control and went wide on Eau Rouge and the final chicane! So, that's why I feel like not deserving the win, so I think that the real winner is Zolon and not me...

@richroo and John, I'm very sorry about the first incident of the first lap. I was trying to overtake and I had went wide on first corner.

I also hadn't practised very much in this corner, meaning, I couldn't because I had been stressed with other problems recently.

So, I'm sorry for the mistakes which I did and I promise that they won't happen again.

Using my Apricot Hill wet weather tune. At least I remembered to put SM tyres on it instead of trying W. :lol:
Same here. As you say I found Spa more slippery than 100% wet weather at AH!!
I was in CM tyres!!! Is that why I was so off the pace...was it meant to be SM?!?

Had a fairly lonely race except for an excellent mid race battle with Simba. He was much faster than me but I kept him behind for 2-3 laps but then I ran out of talent and he got passed and was gone...

I managed a 2.57. That was my fastest lap but I was averaging only 3mins a lap rest of the time.

Well done Harsk and Zo. Amazing pace with the slippery Toyota!!

Sorry I missed quali race but pleased I made the main race. Spa is always fun.

Sick Cylinder!

I apologize in advance to stop you but a fait accompli or excluded at the Harsk100-series or I leave the beloved community. Looking back, the main event for everyone to see, it was fraud. Not the first time. It is not fair that others racing game of disruption.
Several times already but has not been indicated in any case it is making the place a fraud reg been enough to make it a fool .If there will be the next race I did not chronic, sorry. The chicane before the finish line straight through it never took into account many times. What does it deliberately does not believe that the request indulgence!
I hope this was not our last race!
Pimiki

So sorry what I did, I just displayed lack of car control and did poor practise.

I got disconnected and after I rejoined the lobby, I was so pissed off that the game put me on the last place.

I realize that I got too far with the Spa and I'm very sorry. Today I had a bad day.

Well, on the qualifying Race, when I ampttented to overtake Pimiki, he pushed me off track, which made me hit Ben and Simba! Because of him, I lost the pole to Zolon!

On Race 2, it went better on me, but I was very terrible on cornering, as I displayed lack of control and went wide on Eau Rouge and the final chicane! So, that's why I feel like not deserving the win, so I think that the real winner is Zolon and not me...

@richroo and John, I'm very sorry about the first incident of the first lap. I was trying to overtake and I had went wide on first corner.

I also hadn't practised very much in this corner, meaning, I couldn't because I had been stressed with other problems recently.

So, I'm sorry for the mistakes which I did and I promise that they won't happen again.

Look back at the first time you pushed the bend 10 .Value messed up my race. The rationale for the main event are not true deliberately done everything I've known you. Therefore the cut for the world midenhol disqualified or does not give you license.

Look back at the first time you pushed the bend 10 .Value messed up my race. The rationale for the main event are not true deliberately done everything I've known you. Therefore the cut for the world midenhol disqualified or does not give you license.
Well, I just sent a message to Sick Cylinder asking him to take my win away...

Today, the Harsk which drove wasn't the real me. I looked like another person! :(

My head! I was on good way to change my racing ways, but after I didn't participate on BSCC-3 Full Season, I apparentely became rusty again... :(:(:(

One car, driven by @Zolon32 had lost its race number

I couldn't believe it! Some S.O.B broke into my garage. Lawnmower and bike gone, I never noticed they'd taken the car number as well. Wait till I get my hands on them :mad:

@Harsk100 was very fair with me in race 2

Check out Eau Rouge on lap 3 Ben, I'll say no more.

Well done Harsk and Zo. Amazing pace with the slippery Toyota

Thanks Suts, I think I'm better suited to old models for some reason. Must be thirty-five years of marriage :lol:

Cheers, Zo.

Some S.O.B broke into my garage. Lawnmower and bike gone, I never noticed they'd taken the car number as well.
Really sorry to hear that Zo. :crazy:Hope you do get them back esp you number plate!!!

I think I'm better suited to old models for some reason. Must be thirty-five years of marriage :lol:
Yep I like the 20yr old models personally. ;) (Married 20yrs 2017)

On Spa, there still were 3 or 4 people using the wrong exhaust.... (Semi-Racing or Racing Exhaust instead of Sports Exhaust). I'm very sure that Pimiki was one of them.

Round 4 Points.jpg

Congratulations to the podium men Zolon, Pimiki and Buybon.

Note Harsk100 was disqualified from the race and suspended from the next round for failing to observe track limits and other driving infringements.

Message to all drivers - please note normally the limits of a track are set by the white lines around the edge of the track. It is acceptable to ride the kerbs, but two wheels must remain inside the white line on the dark tarmac at all times. Some drivers were exceeding track limits especially at Eau Rouge (going off track before) - you may lose a second or two per lap, but please stay within the track limits. Please be extra careful during the opening couple of laps while the pack is tightly bunched - brake earlier than normal and be ready to change line if the person in front has slowed more than you expect. Concentrate on clean passing - less pushing up the inside and taking the other drivers racing line please. Try to remain contact free as driving was in the 1960's - unfortunately many drivers today in BTCC set a bad example!

Next Round 5 from Madrid

Damn my DC from Apricot Hill wet race! I could have 18 or 25 points instead of 3. That would put me 58 or 65 points, with the leader on 70 and 3rd place on 55.

What should have been best race of the season will be my dropped score. If I don't DC again.

"I could'a been a contender!" :ouch:

I thought track limits were white lines + kerbs, 2 wheels on at all times. If you want to enforce white lines there will be a lot of penalties for everyone! Any time I went outside white line + kerb I lifted off, to avoid getting an advantage. Other drivers were also self-penalising when they went off were near me, from what I remember.

When cars are alongside, they should take 'lanes' to avoid contact. It doesn't matter who was in front to begin with ("taking the line" as you put it). You cannot pretend a car to the inside isn't there and turn in on them, even if you were in front before they got alongside. If the car attempting a pass on the inside fails to make the apex - or fails to leave a spare lane all the way around the corner - the move was dirty and they must give the place back.

That's the way gentlemen drive in the series I've been in, anyway. Taking lanes when there is overlap enables plenty of overtaking without contact. If the move is dirty it is given back immediately, to avoid lengthy stewarding sessions. 👍

As I had DC I cannot help stewards with specific incident reports. Would someone send me their replays, please? If I get time I'll see if anything else might warrant action. What do you think, @Sick Cylinder ?

Madrid is a tight track so we must all be on our best behaviour! If you touch wall you must give up some time, it is off track in effect. WRS say everything inside walls is track for city circuits. There are often lines all over the place.

Last edited:
Me neither.

There is an ongoing DDos attack on the DYN servers. And they are a DNS company that PSN uses...

Well that's 👎
does this mean that the race will be rescheduled?

I have frantically rebooting my router and looking for firmware updates, and there's nothing wrong on my end... I'm choked missed the race. :mad:

I can't connect to the psn network!!
There is an ongoing DDos attack on the DYN servers. And they are a DNS company that PSN uses...
That's a real shame and really annoying. :banghead:
I couldn't connect at all 2-3 hours ago but when I came on around 815pm I connected straight away.
Managed to get online and into the room no problem. We had a great race at Spa but it was sparse with only 7 of us.
Not sure if Sick will redo the race??:(

I thought track limits were white lines + kerbs, 2 wheels on at all times.

I have to put my hands up to this, if I ever can hit the apex as I intend I will usually have two wheels on the kerb, with the others kicking up dust. I'll try to modify this behaviour in future to remain in contact with the black stuff.

Cheers, Zo.

Back