Weekly Challenge Discussion Thread

• Thread starter GlockPants
  • 3,921 comments
Here was my car selection for this week's challenges.

18c69778c0c34-screenshotUrl~2.jpg

The Ferrari was unexpectedly fun around the Brands Hatch circuit and the Radical race was a very nice choice by PD, not too difficult either with a stock tune. I think the most challenging race for me was the Porsche Cup at Spa. The 911 GT1 on SH tires is a handful in the rain, even when I switched to TC5 for the final 2 laps.

Unfortunately, my 5-Star ticket reward was a Porsche invite which I didn't need. So, pretty underwhelming prize haul this week.

I will stand by my assertion that the final prize ticket should be at least a 6-Star Roulette ticket.

I did that first event at Brands Hatch Indy but I didn’t seem to get the ticket, even though it says I’ve acquired it in the Weekly Challenges menu. Anyone else experiencing this?
While this has not affected me, it is a known issue. There does not seem to be any fix at this time and it isn't known what's causing this to happen to some and not others.

I did that first event at Brands Hatch Indy but I didn’t seem to get the ticket, even though it says I’ve acquired it in the Weekly Challenges menu. Anyone else experiencing this?
It’s a common problem. No solution yet. My main and alt got tickets last week, but my son’s account didn’t. Same PS5, same GT7 disk, etc…

Does the rain at Spa always start at around the 3rd lap? I briefly raced it and got caught off guard by the rain while on RS's. lol

Does the rain at Spa always start at around the 3rd lap? I briefly raced it and got caught off guard by the rain while on RS's. lol
I had one dry run and one where the rain didn't really start until lap 5.

You don't need the Clubsport, or racing tires, especially if your goal is merely the podium to clear the Weekly Challenge.

Won Race 1 @ Brands Hatch Indy in the 1938 Alfa 8C 2900B Touring. Bone Stock. Made back 7000 credits. Only 19,993,000 to go before I pay this car off. Unfortunately I ran out of Grey Poupon during the race. None of the other drivers had any. I asked.

Won Race 2 @ Colorado Springs in the Tundra as fully detuned as I could make it, but I can’t take off the engine parts or weight reduction, so…. Super easy win.

Won Race 3 @ Road Atlanta in the Radical, of course. Fun little car on a slippery track. I approve of this race.

Won Race 4 @ Autopolis in the Ambulance because, why not? It was fun running the siren and having the girl tell the traffic to get out of the way.

And finally Won Race 5 @ Spa in a bone stock Taycan. Very strange car to drive. Tons of acceleration but awful brakes and poor handling. Also very strange to have no gears to shift or to use for engine braking or to help with car rotation or to give you any sense of what the car is doing. Just a very disconnected feeling driving this car.

4 star daily ticket gave me 10k credits

5 star weekly ticket game me an Enzo engine apparently worth 1.35M credits, so not bad there.

Last edited:
I have been doing the challenges and not getting the tickets for 3 weeks now, including this one. Anyone know a fix? I see above some others mentioning, I've spent hours trying to get customer service to help. Their answer ended up being to reinstall over and over to hope it works. Hoping someone found something out. All other cards etc. work, only challenge cards don't.

Last edited:
I completed the weekly races with three cars: i used the Toyota Truck for the race at Autopolis and the one at Colorado Springs, the Porsche Cup at Spa and the European club cup sat Brands Hatch was done with the Porsche Strassenversion, and the Radical for that one-make race

Did the Porsche Cup today. I was looking good in the first race on SS tires, rain came on laps 4 and 5 and I just couldn't beat this other car that got me by about 2 secs. Tried it again this time with CS tires, slight rain on lap 3 and that was it. Placed second again this time way behind. I'm just getting all the bad luck with the rain periods. Whatever. lol Anywho won an engine ( I forgot which since I don't really care much for swaps right now) with the prize ticket. Whoopee!

I really hated driving the Radical until this week. Now after driving the Road Atlanta course and taking this car out on other courses it is a fun car to drive. For some reason though the suspension prefers Sports tires over Racing tires, the latter is a little too wiggly for me taste.

I really hated driving the Radical until this week. Now after driving the Road Atlanta course and taking this car out on other courses it is a fun car to drive. For some reason though the suspension prefers Sports tires over Racing tires, the latter is a little too wiggly for me taste.
I agree on the point about tyre selection. Not just the Radical, but a lot of cars have their souls sucked out when you put on too grippy a compound.

Today I did races 4 and 5.
Night at Autopolis is some challenge, while Spa depends on weather, that was, in my case, dry.
Got 5 stars ticket and 100k from it.
In offer were 500k and 1mill, but I'm not that luck...

18c7458cc4876-screenshotUrl.jpg

I used it on a few AI races and it was great

Just idly doing the Radical race, I noted with the stock car on SMs I did the race in just over 7'30 for 121,500cr with the clean race bonus - which is just under 1m cr/hr, and a pretty fun way to do it too... With the car hopped up a bit (a lot), you'll easily be in the 1m range.

Early today I completed 3 out of 5 races of the weekly challenge, but later at night I was able to find some gaming time and I completed the rest.
Cars I used:
Golf GTi '83 - European Sunday Cup 400
Ford Raptor - Pick Up Truck Race
Radical SR3 - One Make Special Event
Civic Type R '20 - Japanese Clubman 550
911 996 GT3 '01 - Porsche Cup

Besides the credits, the final ticket dropped me 100k.
20829897351527994.jpg
20830237050479061.jpg

Just want to drop a line here for anyone else missing out on tickets, so hopefully this makes it to powers that be at PD.

I got the first one this week, finished the challenges the next day (today) and received no tickets, for complete 3 events, and 5 events.
This is second time it has happened to me. The first time, on the second week of challenges, I received no tickets.

Even though it says "acquired". They were not acquired...

Just want to drop a line here for anyone else missing out on tickets, so hopefully this makes it to powers that be at PD.

I got the first one this week, finished the challenges the next day (today) and received no tickets, for complete 3 events, and 5 events.
This is second time it has happened to me. The first time, on the second week of challenges, I received no tickets.

Even though it says "acquired". They were not acquired...
Yep, says "acquired" but no tickets.

Some people don’t get their rewards, I can’t do Sport races. At least I get the rewards, but I feel like a whole second half of the game is completely lost to me because I can’t get the sport races to have me participate in the races. I just end up driving around by myself while everyone is frozen at the start.

Whatever. There’s clearly a bug in the system that affects a number of players, but not enough players for PD to actually spend the time to fix the problem.

Some people don’t get their rewards, I can’t do Sport races. At least I get the rewards, but I feel like a whole second half of the game is completely lost to me because I can’t get the sport races to have me participate in the races. I just end up driving around by myself while everyone is frozen at the start.

Whatever. There’s clearly a bug in the system that affects a number of players, but not enough players for PD to actually spend the time to fix the problem.
A classic connectivity issue. Have you done everything in this thread?:

Aside from the obvious (Radical, SH), and the quite likely (GT500-swapped Raptor), my cars for this week.

car_321_1_6284c2c1bd6a3.jpg
car_243_1_624433ca143d9.jpg
Screenshot_2023-12-18-00-08-37-54_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Given the experience earned during the past Daily Race a while ago when we had the Radicals at Road Atlanta, I set myself the task of winning with a Clean Race Bonus which took 3 tries.

For the classic Porsche at Brands Hatch I fought until my 3 laps were consistently quick enough and I wrangled traffic successfully to take the win on attempt 4.

The Porsche event brought a hairy final lap after the rain arrived at Spa and P2 started to reel me in after having had a comfortable race up until that point.

This was a fun set of races.

Did brands in my 993 Carrera rs to see how it handled for later on.
Autopolis was a pretty easy win in a 700ish pp R35 Nismo,
Truck race was chaos but the TRD PRO fully upfraded with stock engine made it (helped in no small part by a free nitro kit).
Spa was good fun, the 993 really coming alive and was great fun sliding it around on the sport hards. CTR3 swap eith widebody, wing, splitter, racing trans and height adjustable sports suspension so had to put full 200 kg on the nose and drop some power to get under 650
Finally Radicals, wow that car and track is a great combo, upgraded mine a bit with high rpm turbo, gearbox, racing brakes and racing softs. Do want to do suspension as was still a little lairy through the first turn and final eases.

For rewards I'm not entirely sure what I got as also had the 5 star from daily login given so got the 911 RSR from one and the other was all cash prizes which gave 100k. The credit gifts allowed me to grab the KPCG110 so also ended up with RSR's engine as well

Last edited:
Back