Weekly Challenge Discussion Thread

• Thread starter GlockPants
  • 3,921 comments
View attachment 1309564
The worst thing about getting parts is that you don't even see them in tuning shop. So I got nitrous for Charger SRT safety car that I will never use but even if I wanted to I don't see it in tuning shop, I will still have to buy it from there. The only way to fit it is through the garage and who puts parts that way we all go to tuning shop and buy parts there.

A simple message "you have this part available for install in your garage" would make it way more realistic and useful.

Maybe I will use this car in 2 years for something who knows and I'll need nitro or any part I got for that car but I'm suppose to remember that I have those parts in garage?
Ok so I had to read this a few times to try and understand what you are saying which I think is: when you win a part in the roulette, you can still buy it from the tuning shop, but you think it should pop up to say “you already have this part” if you try that?!

For me, it was a good weekly challenge for most of the events I hadn't completed yet. So... little progress made towards the events completion.

Supra 88 at Tsukuba
Shelby GT 350 R for the american event (an overkill....)
Ferrari VGT (detuned) for the Hyper Parade cars
Jaguar XJ220 at Grand Valley
Viper Gr4 for the Red Bull Ring 10 laps race.

The 6 stars ticket gave me a SLR Mclaren.

From parts ticket I got Ultra turbo charger for Nismo '17.
This is only race I did for now.

18c43f69b8286-screenshotUrl.jpg

18c43f6c7ef5-screenshotUrl.jpg

Ok so I had to read this a few times to try and understand what you are saying which I think is: when you win a part in the roulette, you can still buy it from the tuning shop, but you think it should pop up to say “you already have this part” if you try that?!
Yes exactly that.

Without that you just buy the part and never use the one you got from the roulette. Unless you remember all the parts you got OR you check for parts in garage for every car before buying anything

Disappointed with prize for first race - 6 star ticket (sure it didn't say parts) - everything on the wheel a small part, won some kind of carbon fibre drive shaft valued at Cr. 9,000...... oh well. Race 3 better, Cr. 200,000, still to complete race 5.

Disappointed with prize for first race - 6 star ticket (sure it didn't say parts) - everything on the wheel a small part, won some kind of carbon fibre drive shaft valued at Cr. 9,000...... oh well. Race 3 better, Cr. 200,000, still to complete race 5.
1st ticket was definitely a 6star parts ticket

Did the WTC 600 with the Gr4 Atenza on SS tires to bring it under 600pp. A bit down on HP, but much better grip and corner speed compared to road car obviously.

Here were the cars I used for this week's challenge.

18c4576e90a92-screenshotUrl~2.jpg

The Corvette and Z I used SS tires, but ultimately made those two races trivial.

The AMG at Grand Valley was ok, not very competitive on the straights but I had RH tires and took everyone through the turns.

I forgot which cars were in the Hypercar race, so the Valkyrie was overkill.

I spent too long trying to get P1 for the WTC 700 race at the Red Bull Ring. I hadn't done this event before, but getting 3rd or better wasn't a challenge. Took a few tries for the win that required me to dive bomb the Supra on the last turn of the last lap to win.

6-Star parts gave 💩

But the 6-Star Car ticket got me a duplicate Toyota GR010. Sold for a good haul of credits

18c4577181458-screenshotUrl.jpg

Had a tough time on the 6th event, tried with my trusty 911 GT3 RS '22 but it was very thirsty even in FM 6, had to pit twice, which has been lethal.

Not knowing which car I could try, I tested the Redbull Junior, not very competitive in terms of speed, but very efficient with fuel, so I did not even had to pit... That helps a lot (especially when that c*nt in Viper sent me spinning in the grass, thanks I guess).

6* car brought me LaFerrari '13. Not so bad.
6* part brought Bore Up S for Mazda3 '19 💩

I already have one and it has a bit more PP (while all I can compare on the screen to sell the car is strictly identical (weight, HP, ratio and so on). And has I've never driven the previous one, I am not sure why there is a difference in PP as I probably never tuned it. Maybe a part I won and installed.

Gran Turismo™ 7_20231207215439.jpg

I already have one and it has a bit more PP (while all I can compare on the screen to sell the car is strictly identical (weight, HP, ratio and so on). And has I've never driven the previous one, I am not sure why there is a difference in PP as I probably never tuned it. Maybe a part I won and installed.

View attachment 1309710
This happens when one of the cars was bought before update that changes PP calculations. It is not refreshed in the cars valuation screen, but will update if you choose the older one in the garage.

Is there any fix or reason for not receiving rewards after completing the challenges?

My choices for this week. Sadly I can't do the Hypercar yet. Maybe one day when I do the Cafe Menu.
Mustang for BW
AE86 for Tsukuba
R8 for GV
Supra for RBR

Attachments

• Gran Turismo® 7_20231207161453.jpg
    Gran Turismo® 7_20231207161453.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 11
  • Gran Turismo® 7_20231207161533.jpg
    Gran Turismo® 7_20231207161533.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 10
  • Gran Turismo® 7_20231207161645.jpg
    Gran Turismo® 7_20231207161645.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 11
  • Gran Turismo® 7_20231207161703.jpg
    Gran Turismo® 7_20231207161703.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 8
Just clear the races on easy level ( why not ? 😂 ) cause i was very tired .
Try to get CRB but lost it twice 🤬
In Tsukuba i don't know why i lost it but at Ring was only one brake that put me out of track.
A part worth 33k from ticket and an audi vgt from car ticket that can be sold for 514k .
All in all was cheaper than the times with all prizes as credits.

Last edited:
used these cars:
Gran Turismo™ 7_20231208111212.png

Race 1 - Stock Corvette, Was close to the line for the win but was a good way to learn to carry the corner speed.
Race 2 - Stock car again but the 86 was overpowered compared to everything else, was in the lead halfway through lap 2.
Race 3 - I know this race is hard if the Lamborghini gets to the front in the beginning so I went with my tuned Alphard which got to the lead on lap 4.
Race 4 - Used the "broken" Lamborghini Countach and had no issues.
Race 5 - Made some tweaks to the "broken" Lamborghini Countach and had a dry race to get the victory.

Attachments

• Gran Turismo™ 7_20231208110217.jpg
    Gran Turismo™ 7_20231208110217.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Did these yesterday. Pretty fun. The RBR one threw me for a loop. My first time I used the Gr4 Ferrari, pit on lap 6 for fuel only, stayed on the RS tires, came out of the pits and it started raining, turn pouring, before I could make it back to the pits...so I had to quit out of that one. Started over, next time it didn't rain at all.

My 6* got me an F1500T which I didn't have previously, so that's the same as 1mil credits. I'll take that for sure.

I won 4 out of 5 now without much difficulty. The one I did not win (yet) on max difficulty and no assists (aside from ABS) is the Grand Valley 5 lap race.

BUT

I loved it! Really fun race and finished less than a second behind P1 and with 0 contact with anything all race. Did it in the new Civic thing they released recently. What car have you won with?

Did these yesterday. Pretty fun. The RBR one threw me for a loop. My first time I used the Gr4 Ferrari, pit on lap 6 for fuel only, stayed on the RS tires, came out of the pits and it started raining, turn pouring, before I could make it back to the pits...so I had to quit out of that one. Started over, next time it didn't rain at all.

My 6* got me an F1500T which I didn't have previously, so that's the same as 1mil credits. I'll take that for sure.
had a similar experience at nurburgring, after failing a couple of attempts, I got it right and drove a perfect race, pitted about lap 7/8 for new softs, and then with 1 lap to go (and I had already passed the start line), it starts pouring, of course I spin off, and was about to toss it when I noticed the #1 car who has passed me is crawling soooo slow, coz also on slicks... so I go after it and take it, just crawling myself but crawling faster than the main opponent who is now in number 2, and I'm using high gears and feathering the pedal, and I got to the final chicane when some low placed supra who had been behind the start line when it started raining and had been able to dive in for rain tires, tore past me and took victory with 1 corner to spare......... I was FURIOUS... :(

Yeah the RBR race was fun for me too. I was in second with a few laps to go and pretty much accepting second. Then it started raining in the backside of the track. I was on RH from the start but was just going to suck it up. With a lap to go 1st pits in and as I pass the line I'm now in first. But rain is now on the whole track so I have to tip toe through the turns and take the win by around 14.

Back