Weekly Challenge Discussion Thread

• Thread starter GlockPants
  • 4,315 comments
This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet:

Gran Turismo 7 Weekly Challenges: Performance Points Mean Prizes

The next set of Gran Turismo 7 Weekly Challenges is becoming available over the next 24 hours for players around the world, ticking over to February Week 3 as midnight passes on your console...
Why so early with the post today? Still good to know there doesn't seem to be that many difficult races in the upcoming week so hopefully this time I snag a certaiin car I want from the 6 star roulette ticket...

Why so early with the post today?
Same time as last week (give or take 15 minutes).

Now I've got a reliable method of accessing them without hurting my ability to get the rewards (backwards time travel definitely causes the tickets to not be awarded), it's just a case of being on them first to provide the resource so people can prepare properly - and leaving more of a gap between this and the Time Trial (and FH5 season change).

Of course the side effect is that we rank higher on Google too :lol:

Now I've got a reliable method of accessing them without hurting my ability to get the rewards (backwards time travel definitely causes the tickets to not be awarded), it's just a case of being on them first to provide the resource so people can prepare properly - and leaving more of a gap between this and the Time Trial (and FH5 season change).

OK I wasn't at home last week so I kinda never noted the posting time but was just surprised to see it up this early.

Makes sense though and I'm definetly gonna appreciate that source so I can plan my racing time but also sensible for the other weekly articles at this time.

Ah yes the old Google popularity works but that is way OFF topic :cheers:

Did race 4 - didn't have time for 5, had to go to doctor, coming back late afternoon or evening. Must finish race 5 and last series in FM23, so it will be intense day.

Race 4 - Corvette C7 ZR1 '19 - put SS tires and went for easy win. Not a easy car to drive, specially bad brakes.

View attachment 1328063
@zaxs

What setting did you use for this photo? That looks phenomenal!

Family Guy No GIF

Special little message this week for the people who like to use the composite images I create, uncredited, for their own social media accounts:

View attachment 1328061

You can't actually get this image out of the game; I composite three different screenshots to make these...
But you made this image unreadable with your credit grabbing overlay, gee when I repost the same image that someone posted from a twit account at least I make it simply readable.

But you made this image unreadable with your credit grabbing overlay
Yes, that was the point - although it is incredibly easy to read.

Someone likes to steal these images and post them on their own social media without giving any credit to the source.

gee when I repost the same image that someone posted from a twit account at least I make it simply readable.
You could always look at the one in the article. Just a thought.

You could always look at the one in the article. Just a thought.
I did, and as I had said previously, all I do sometimes is repost the image from someone's Twitter post here just so it makes it easier for everyone in place of clicking on that original image and finding yourself in Twitter to see that image.

I did, and as I had said previously, all I do sometimes is repost the image from someone's Twitter post here just so it makes it easier for everyone in place of clicking on that original image and finding yourself in Twitter to see that image.
Okay. Not sure what the relevance of that is, but 🤷‍♂️

Thought I was being called out for reposting images, if so i shall stop, if not please accept apologies for being confused.
No, the subtle hint is aimed at the social media account which takes images from here (which I create as composites; they aren't direct game screenshots) and reposts them without credit on their social media account for their own gain. That's literally what it says in my post.
Special little message this week for the people who like to use the composite images I create, uncredited, for their own social media accounts
If you're posting images from social media on here, that's literally the opposite of that...

Well, that’s news to me. I’ve been installing each of the different levels up to level 5 because you can’t just install level 3 without installing 1 and 2 before it. Apparently the rules change when it comes to level 5 WR. Glad PD let us know that in advance.
They didn't change the rules for applying WR 5 when they made it purchasable. Back when it was a ticket-only item, the description said that one did not have to apply the first 4 stages to apply stage 5. Some days, it pays to read the fine print.

And here I thought you moved to Kiribati's Line Islands (at UTC+14, it's the earliest place that sees Thursday), though at the moment, it wouldn't be feasible to play GT7 there as there is no active landline connection to the world.

Last edited:
Lots of people have been asking for more VGT races.
Actually funny you mention that, every event this week can be done with VGT's 👀 I KNOW WHAT IM DOING, VEHICLE BALANCE BE DAMNED. Especially when the rewards this time are complete crap!

Furthermore, I might have worked out 2 cars that theoretically can do 4 of 5 of the upcoming weeklies events, but not one car can do all
  • McLaren VGT Gr1 is blocked by event 1 (European Sunday Cup 400) for being a race car in a road car only event
  • Ferrari VGT is blocked by event 3 (World Rally Challenge Alsace) by being 83.62pp over the limit even fully downtuned with the lowest grade eligible tyres (racing heavy wets)

Last edited:
I completed three of the latest races this morning before work (I live in New Zealand, so I'm ahead... in a clock sense anyway).

Sardegna Road Track B was with a Lancia Delta Integrale. Comfort mediums, and reduced power to reach 400pp (Edit: this car must have had tuning parts on it). Now, like most of you, I've driven the 'A' layout A LOT, but I'd forgotten about the 'B' layout. The drop down into the valley, the fast left hander, the uphill braking sections... fun times. Won the race, an enjoyable pursuit.

Alsace Village World Rally Challenge. I used the Gr.4 Renault Megane. The grip monster. Even with that car, I had to get a little bit physical in the last few sections in order to bash my way to a win. CRB nah...

Finally, the Tokyo Expressway South, Counterclockwise, for VGT cars. What else to run, but the Bugatti VGT Gr.1? With an @praiano63 tune, this thing is on rails.
It goes, it stops, and it corners. I've not raced this particular Tokyo layout many times, but it still feels familiar. An easy win. CRB denied when I didn't allow for my superior acceleration, and rear-ended one of the slower cars.

All in all, some good credits earned before
work. Bring on the last two races, the six star ticket, which'll likely lead to another VGT... 🤣

Last edited:
Pp points only equal prizes if you actually get your awards. Not bitter.

So, now that it is wrapped up... how many us got P1 with a 500pp or less car?

Last edited:
Done this week with a full entourage of VGT's - ABOUT TIME THIS WAS POSSIBLE - all races were with hard AI and driven in PSVR2

Screenshot_2024-02-15-02-11-15-583.jpeg

• L500R HYbrid (FAKE VGT by technicality) VGT for the first event, thought I'd get it over with since the rewards this week was terrible, SOMEHOW didn't egt the clean race bonus here sadly however
  • Honda sports VGT for the second event, actually pretty close, only overtook the lead corolla on the final lap!
  • Genesis VGT downtuned and with racing heavy wets to be eligible for this event - this event was actually a lot harder than it looks with this car at first due to the awful tyres you have to use to get it within regs, took 2 attempts embarrassingly.
  • Decided to go with the Lamborghini V12 VGT for the Tokyo race, lovely car to drive once more and a pleasure to drive in VR
  • Final race was with the EV Hyundai N 2025 VGT because screw being normal and using Gr1 cars - had to do some slight downforce and ballast adjustments for this one too, had to do a short middle stint to keep a good overall position and only got 1st by the beginning of the final lap, took 2 attempts because i misjudged the braking point of the casio triangle on the first go around.

Last edited:
Finally got around to doing this past week's Weekly Challenges

The first one was a trip trip down memory lane

Used the Integra Type R (DC2) '98 on High Speed Ring. This was the car/track combo I learned Gran Turismo on with GT5 Prologue way back in 2010. Fond memories of this!!

Sleighty '98 (505pp) for the Silvia Sisters at Willow Springs
Corvette Convertible (C3) '69 (700pp) for the Clubman Cup at Trial Mountain
GT-R NISMO GT500 '16 (846pp, RS tires, 1 pit) for the Touring Car 900 at Autopolis. (The recent TT helped make this fairly easy)

Now back to Mt. Panorama!!

I haven't had the chance to play for a few days now. Tonite I made time for it, took an hour and a half.

And to thank me for it, as it stands PD still owes me 800K credits and a parts ticket after being done completing all of last week's challenge more than 1 hour before deadline and I got absolutely NOTHING for it!

Nice way to keep people engaged with the game 👍👍

Edit: I even logged out and in again after seeing I wasn't getting any prize ticket, but no luck!!!🤬🤬🤬

Last edited:
I haven't had the chance to play for a few days now. Tonite I made time for it, took an hour and a half.

And to thank me for it, as it stands PD still owes me 800K credits and a parts ticket after being done completing all of last week's challenge more than 1 hour before deadline and I got absolutely NOTHING for it!

Nice way to keep people engaged with the game 👍👍

Edit: I even logged out and in again after seeing I wasn't getting any prize ticket, but no luck!!!🤬🤬🤬
Very annoying not earning the prizes!

If it ever happens to me, I'm abandoning that week's challenges after the first race. And since usually one of the races is a Sunday Cup, at least there isn't a huge time commitment.

Very annoying not earning the prizes!

If it ever happens to me, I'm abandoning that week's challenges after the first race. And since usually one of the races is a Sunday Cup, at least there isn't a huge time commitment.

Honestly, that's how I was feeling the whole way through, but I was hoping that by logging in and out, maybe at least I'd get the last 2. Instead I focussed on getting 1st place and clean races as much as possible for it to be less frustrating throughout, but in the end I feel cheated by this game once more. Never felt like that with any other game before and GT7 still keeps finding new ways to let us down somehow and I am genuinely tired of feeling like we are getting robbed continuously.

It's a shame these sort of things keep accumulating and the list is already way way way too long with this game.

I just might as well take another ''forced'' break from the game for a few months before I put this title to rest for good or might even be done with the GT franchise as the TT and weekly challenges were barely keeping me still hanging on.

Good thing my son installed F1 yesterday and it is a blast he says, plus with the latest FM update I am tempted to finally dive in...after all we got it at launch and I haven't even opened it yet.

Latest Posts

Back