Weekly Parity Series **Newcomers Wanted**

• Thread starter mike 5927
  • 1,205 comments
Tried a host of cars on Eiger last night, Stratos lmao, BTR lol, 512BB still too crazy. Starion was good, but after how amazing the Impreza was everything feels very hard to drive :)

Nice photos, guys. 👍

SagarisGTB / sagarismic / Ford RS200 '84 / 436pp / 1:15.825 / CDT

Lap contains my PBs in sectors 1 and 2, and three tenths off my PB in sector 3. Hard to be consistent here with this car, haven't tried it yet online.

Tried my first car on London Reverse (Mini One) but it was too slow. It'll be tough to overtake here, the forward version has 1 good overtaking spot, I don't think the reverse version has any.

Zorrin, I think the BTR is a great car, for you and I might have convined my friend to join using a Stratos, so there are two people I won't really have to race on monday :)

I'll be in a Starion, just need to iron out the PP, I'm at 455 right now, but not really on pace I think I just need more laps in it rather than more PPs

I had the same idea about some FF cars. I was really thinking about the 76 rabbit/gti for the VCRC. On CM tires though I had a TON of understeer.

The Wabbit is a bit of a slug powerwise too. The Integras will be good, Civic Type R's, maybe FTO GPR version, older Celicas. I tried a couple of laps in each at 360PP and was well below the time.

EDIT: Of all the cars to drive with ABS off, FF are by far the easiest and it really does help to get them to turn if you do it right. I think I used 1/1 BB for the Integra and had no trouble with lockup front or back.

Last edited:
Menown
Zorrin, I think the BTR is a great car, for you and I might have convined my friend to join using a Stratos, so there are two people I won't really have to race on monday :)

I'll be in a Starion, just need to iron out the PP, I'm at 455 right now, but not really on pace I think I just need more laps in it rather than more PPs

Good we can have our own little spin fest. Or we just create a rolling roadblock ;)

JP: use and extra point of rear brake balance will make it even snappier!

For the VCRC I am planning on staying in a Toyota, hoping that beautiful 67 GT Toyota will do the trick.

Round 4: First entries for The London Job

SagarisGTB / sagarismic / MINI COOPER '02 / 334pp / 1'10.624 / CDT
SagarisGTB / sagarismic / Lotus Elan S1 '62 / 403pp / 1'10.867 / CDT

Round 4: First entries for The London Job

SagarisGTB / sagarismic / MINI COOPER '02 / 334pp / 1'10.624 / CDT
SagarisGTB / sagarismic / Lotus Elan S1 '62 / 403pp / 1'10.867 / CDT

Nice entry for the MCRC.

You'll have to re-submit the Round #4 VCRC entry though, as its not open for entries yet. Plus by the time it is open I will have forgotten about this for sure. My memory is like a sieve.

Nice entry for the MCRC.

You'll have to re-submit the Round #4 VCRC entry though, as its not open for entries yet. Plus by the time it is open I will have forgotten about this for sure. My memory is like a sieve.
Thanks.

Ah, ok. But I doubt I'll resubmit the Elan, there are other cars I need to try. The Elan oversteers a bit too much for my liking and has little grip. When changing from the Mini to the Elan, I could barely believe I was using the same tires. The Mini is super stable and has loads of grip, and you can avoid oversteer by spinning the inside front and muscling it around tight corners. The Elan is more of a precision instrument and far less forgiving on the curbs. I can get used to it, but I'll look for something that instills more confidence into my driving than the Lotus.

👍 new entry lower PP.

VCRC Eiger Entry

Cote Dazur / cotedazur06 / Lancia Delta S4 Rally Car '85 / 495pp / 1:15.859 / EDT

After discussing with Mike, I tried lower the PP on the Delta, as Mike said he could get under the pace at a much lower PP than my original submition.

The Delta has a lot of power and very little weight, for Eiger I could hardly use the power.
What I uncovered is that, on a track like Eiger, the higher power was actualy making the car more difficult to control, and as I droped the PP it became easier to reach and keep the pace.

Wanted to share that with you as it shows than some time some car on some track will be faster/easier to drive at a lower PP.

Last edited:
Sag, when JP and I ran the Elan in one of the VCRC races we put a 1 level harder tire on the front. Made the car MUCH more stable.

Sag, when JP and I ran the Elan in one of the VCRC races we put a 1 level harder tire on the front. Made the car MUCH more stable.

Haha...yes I remember that. Made a world of difference in that car:sly:

I tried running the Tank Car for Round #4, but ended up running a 1:09.999 with the limiter run all the way down.

I'd like to make a suggestion. It hasn't really been an issue but can we agree that on these tight circuits we'll leave the trucks in the garage? Maybe the Tank Car too? It's hard enough to pass a small car at London, Eiger, Madrid, Tsukuba etc. but trying to pass the Dodge Ram for example would be near impossible.

VCRC Round #3

mike 5927 / Mike_5927 / Peugeot 205 Turbo 16 Rally Car '85 / 451pp / 1:15.908 / BST

I'd like to make a suggestion. It hasn't really been an issue but can we agree that on these tight circuits we'll leave the trucks in the garage? Maybe the Tank Car too? It's hard enough to pass a small car at London, Eiger, Madrid, Tsukuba etc. but trying to pass the Dodge Ram for example would be near impossible.

I can't make any promises, but more than likely my choice will be more reasonable sized. I am currently considering the Renault Avantime, Honda Odyssey, Peugeot 106 Rallye, Spoon CR-Z, Renault Sport Megane and a few others as well.

I've got a friend flying in from England for the weekend, any change I could post my Starion time and PP Sunday evening EST as a one off? No way I'll get chance to get the wheel out before sunday evening. This is for eiger pre 89s obvz

Can't make it to the race this week. Will be at work.

I also won't be participating next week most likely. I'm going on vacation to Florida and I'm flying back on the 18th. If I'm back early enough I might make it to the race but I may not be able to make it.

I'll be back the following week.

I'm in for all 3 if my daughter goes to sleep well.

My entry is
Menown/Freakyweakywoo/Starion 4WD Rally Car '84/452PP/1:15.528/EDT

Last edited:
Barring being called into work, I should be there tomorrow. I just realized, I got so caught up in finding a car for the MCRC version of the Eiger event, I forgot about the VCRC version. Have to find a car!!:nervous:

Back