Weekly Parity Series **Newcomers Wanted**

• Thread starter mike 5927
  • 1,205 comments
Cote Dazur/cotedazur06/Volkswagen Golf VI R '10/426pp/1:53.939/EDT

I will be present for the race Monday April 30.

I've been wanting to try out some other cars for this but have been sick as a dog lately and not on GT5 for days...woe is me:ouch:

Johnnypenso
I've been wanting to try out some other cars for this but have been sick as a dog lately and not on GT5 for days...woe is me:ouch:

Hope you feel better soon. I suspect when you do we will see a lot of competition from you.

I feel like crap actually:crazy: but thanks. 👍 It's been years since I was sick like this, I'd forgetten what it was like. I am supposed to race in the Tri-Auto Cup this afternoon but I think I have to have a nap if I'm going to stay awakefor a 40 minute race:drool:

Johnnypenso / Johnnypenso / Ford RS200 '84/ 393pp / 1:53.599 / EDT

Johnnypenso / Johnnypenso / Mugen S2000 00'/ 393pp / 1:53.796 / EDT

EDIT: You little bugger Dit..sneaking that 390pp in there:crazy: That's an excellent run:tup:👍 I'd have a go but I'm too tired:ouch:

Last edited:
Gah you had to get the Honda faster. How am I supposed to get an FF round with even less power and no changeable suspension.

It took 8 laps before I got under the 54 mark. And when I did get it under it was the 53.5. So maybe a 385-88 could be done in the RS200?

We need just a couple more racer for this evening test race. I hope some will give it try. All they need is a car they can lap Nurburgring gp/d on Comfort soft tyre in 1.54.000 to 1.53.500.
Very easy and convenient and almost garanteed of great racing.

Last edited:
I'm disappointed more VCRC people aren't here. Only one person can win the TT side of things but when it comes to the race, it should be a unique experience. We will all be in truly equal cars for the first time, not equal in power and weight but equal in lap times and it should make for a very interesting race. The lower PP guys need to be smoother in the corners because they'll have less power and the higher PP guys will be tough to pass because they'll have a power advantage and a little more power to make up for occasional mistakes.

Around 175kph, but I can outbrake anything now!

New entry!

Zorrin/DitQuois/ Lotus Elise 111R '04/ 1:53.514/390pp

I was going to try the Elise but I figured it would be dramatically underpowered. Good job Dit:tup:👍

I will check my top speed, but Johnny and Mike should be very similar to yours, you all have very close PP values.
We can welcome more racers, nobody is too fast or too slow for this race. All is needed is a car that you like to race and that make you drive the same pace as every one else.

The Elise will do it on less pp over a longer run, I'm sure. It's down to 117hp but weighs nothing, gotta make it all up in the corners and defend like mad, legally of course, down the straights!

Also very easy to drive, nothing like the TGTT Elise challenge. Well not surprising with no bloomin' power.

Funny you choosed the Elise, Mike will have to be carefull not to drive over you with his truck, he might not see you in that very low and very small car.

Last edited:
Wasn't sure I was going to make it but I just got in and a quick shower and bite to eat and I should be ready to go.

I have had something come up and will only be able to race from about 20:30 EDT / 1:30 BST. (The joys of living in a shared house, with a shared tv)

If anyone is still available at this time would you guys be able to race then?

P.S.
I am sorry to leave it this late to inform you.

Wow that was some great racing!!👍👍. 4 guys, 4 races (or was it 5?), 4 different winners, biggest gap first to last was 4 seconds (except for one I spun out in) and the last race was 2 seconds front to back. And that was with a 2 ton truck, a 4wd Volks, Fwd Volks, a 2wd tuner car, and an Elise thrown in for a couple of races for good measure.

This is the ultimate formula for close racing!!!!

The results we got are better than I had wished for, all I want now is at least 3 more people to get involved and excited about this.

My stand out moment from the races we had was the Elise, Golf and the truck going three wide into the chicane and getting through with no contact.

After tonights races it is apparent that we dont need qualy. When we line up for the first race we will go in whatever order we are in, then reverse grid order from then.

The results we got are better than I had wished for, all I want now is at least 3 more people to get involved and excited about this.

My stand out moment from the races we had was the Elise, Golf and the truck going three wide into the chicane and getting through with no contact

That sounds like a photomode moment to me!

Art! Art! Art! ;)

The Elise was a great car, but as you saw the only way I could make it stick was to be overly aggressive and break the cycle of being caught up in between the corners. But once it got clear...

Gotta say, when near your truck I felt like an ant in the Elise!

The Scirocco was pleasantly surprising, for an FF it doesn't understeer that much.

Hats off to Cote that Golf in standard form for me was a piece of understeering crap.

Hats off to Cote that Golf in standard form for me was a piece of understeering crap.

:lol: That's what's interesting about different drivetrains and cars that handle differently. Cote has disliked several cars that I happen to like quite a bit. And I couldn't even tune a Golf to not be horrendous to me. I've seen many people though liking the Golfs!!! And kept wondering what I was doing wrong. Even using someone else's tuning it was still crap to me! Turbogeit seems to do unusually well in FF cars. I guess it really depends on personal driving styles and preferences. And I think that a mixed model race is appealing for many for just that reason.

:lol: That's what's interesting about different drivetrains and cars that handle differently. Cote has disliked several cars that I happen to like quite a bit. And I couldn't even tune a Golf to not be horrendous to me. I've seen many people though liking the Golfs!!! And kept wondering what I was doing wrong. Even using someone else's tuning it was still crap to me! Turbogeit seems to do unusually well in FF cars. I guess it really depends on personal driving styles and preferences. And I think that a mixed model race is appealing for many for just that reason.

Can we safely assume you are working on an entry for the Vintage side of things?:rolleyes:

Thank you for a nice evening of racing as opposed to an evening of glorified hot lapping. there is no doubt the formula works, it will be even more fun with more drivers on the track. looking forward to race with the same group next Monday.

Last edited:
Zorrin
The Elise was a great car, but as you saw the only way I could make it stick was to be overly aggressive and break the cycle of being caught up in between the corners. But once it got clear...

Gotta say, when near your truck I felt like an ant in the Elise!

The Scirocco was pleasantly surprising, for an FF it doesn't understeer that much.

You have a great point, attention needs to be paid to how the car is going to behave on a particular track during the race.
GP/D has 2 fairly long straights, not the perfect scenario for the Elise slow top speed.
But on Cote D'Azur the Elise might be the perfect weapon.

Last edited:
Back