Weekly Parity Series **Newcomers Wanted**

• Thread starter mike 5927
  • 1,205 comments
I like it guys - hadn't noticed the thread until today but it sounds mucho interesting. Mind if I throw in a few VCRC lap times before the 11th?

johnnynebraska
I like it guys - hadn't noticed the thread until today but it sounds mucho interesting. Mind if I throw in a few VCRC lap times before the 11th?

The more the merrier. Don't be afraid to enter the MCRC contest as well.

You have a great point, attention needs to be paid to how the car is going to behave on a particular track during the race.
GP/D has 2 fairly long straights, not the perfect scenario for the Elise slow top speed.
But on Cote D'Azur the Elise might be the perfect weapon.

I hope this will become popular because it'll be interesting to see how thing develop in the race vs. TT scenario. Some cars that may do well in the TT, may not be so well suited to racing, like the Elise or other lighter cars, or real heavy cars for that matter. Especially when it's a much larger group. Passing 2 or 3 guys in your Elise is a little easier than passing 10 of them...lol.

If this becomes an ongoing thing I'd like to see some limitations thrown in once in a while to mix the cars up. I entered a Tuning Shootout a few months ago called the "Ton's of Fun" where the weight minimum was 1650 kgs so it brought out a lot of cars you don't normally see in any kind of competition. It was quite surprising how some of these behemoths handled so well on SS tires with 650-1000 hp and up to 2000+ kgs. Weight minimums would work, weight maximums etc. Just something once in a while to mix things up a bit so we get a chance to explore the huge diversity of cars in the game.

Just something once in a while to mix things up a bit so we get a chance to explore the huge diversity of cars in the game.

Yes, this would be great.

I was trying to get a better PP with the Alfa Romeo Zaggato this after noon on the Vintage Hot Lap, but I could not get a lower PP than with the Camaro. The Camaro is about twice the weight of the Alfa. I would have thought that the Alfa would have been more performant for me.

Johnny, if you do a hot lap with the Evo, I would be curious to see how far appart our PP would be, thinking about the conversation in the ORCA thread.

Yes, this would be great.

I was trying to get a better PP with the Alfa Romeo Zaggato this after noon on the Vintage Hot Lap, but I could not get a lower PP than with the Camaro. The Camaro is about twice the weight of the Alfa. I would have thought that the Alfa would have been more performant for me.

Johnny, if you do a hot lap with the Evo, I would be curious to see how far appart our PP would be, thinking about the conversation in the ORCA thread.

Which Evo? You mean for the Hot Lap Contest?

The Evo that will be one of the 2 cars in the new Orca series.
It would give me an idea how far apart PP wise we are from each other with that particular car. my guess is more than 25.

The Evo that will be one of the 2 cars in the new Orca series.
It would give me an idea how far apart PP wise we are from each other with that particular car. my guess is more than 25.

No decision is made yet on which car we're using or at what PP. Soon as I know or begin testing, I'll send you my results.

Thought I'd have a bash at this.

Mitsubishi starion 4wd rally car '84 / 1.53.559/ 432pp/ BST

No decision is made yet on which car we're using or at what PP. Soon as I know or begin testing, I'll send you my results.

Great, thank you. my goal is to see how much more PP I need to reach your pace with that particular car.

For the Modern car hot lap, I am now racing with the Civic, I am very comfortable in that car.:)

I found another vintage ride that allows me to reach the target time with less PP in the Vintage hot lap competition.
I will post a result when the PP stop dropping.:-)

Some action shots from Monday!!

nrburgringgpdg.jpg

Cote leading the way in the 4wd Volks
nrburgringgpd1.jpg

3 wide into corner 3​
nrburgringgpd2y.jpg

3 wide into the chicane​
nrburgringgpd3e.jpg

Cote's Margin of victory in the classic Camaro.​

Those images just remind me how much fun those practice races were. If we can have races like that every Monday, I will be over the moon with happiness.

The image of Zorrin (Elise), Johnnypenso (S2000) and myself (Ram) going into the chicane 3 wide was fantastic as we got through it with no contact at all. But that didn't mean any of us let off at all, we just kind of knew where each other was. (the force?)

Those images just remind me how much fun those practice races were. If we can have races like that every Monday, I will be over the moon with happiness.

The image of Zorrin (Elise), Johnnypenso (S2000) and myself (Ram) going into the chicane 3 wide was fantastic as we got through it with no contact at all. But that didn't mean any of us let off at all, we just kind of knew where each other was. (the force?)

I've never felt so small in my life. Seeing your behemoth in my mirror was a frightening prospect. Can he even see me over that gigantic bonnet? Will he even feel it if he runs over the top of me?

Also, when following you in the Ram in the Elise - impossible to see any of my references for braking, apexes etc etc. Guess it's compounded by driving in Bumper Cam!

nrburgringgpd2.jpg

nrburgringgpd9.jpg

nrburgringgpd10.jpg

nrburgringgpd14k.jpg

nrburgringgpd12.jpg

nrburgringgpd3.jpg

Thank you for the pictures, it is great to see us in action, hard to imagine such a close racing from those different beast, but that is the magic of all having the same pace.
Thinking about it, it is a little bit like in the Arena in ancient Rome, all the fighters had different weapons. LOL
Nice to see we are gaining momentum, I have no doubt that what had been great racing with 4 cars, will be even more exiting with 6 or 8 or more.
All of this and all is needed is
1. choose a car ( preferably a car you like but it is up to you. :) )
2. reach the target time with the minimum PP you can achieve.:cool:
3. you are ready to race on Monday.:cheers:

Holy guacamole - That's an impressive (and believable) time for that PP. 417? Ouch - I'm not close to that - but it's not a surprise to me, either. ;-)

Handlebar, does not matter how low your PP is for the race on Monday, since you are going to drive a car that has the same pace as everyone else, you will have as much fun as anyone present on the track for that event.

I am doing all my times and racing with ABS off, should we precise when posting for the leader board if the PP level was obtain with ABS on or Off?
It is not important to me as I just enjoy driving with ABS off more.
As I am getting better at it, I might even get better than with ABS on, but for now it is not making me faster, just provides me a wider grin.:D

I am doing all my times and racing with ABS off, should we precise when posting for the leader board if the PP level was obtain with ABS on or Off?
It is not important to me as I just enjoy driving with ABS off more.
As I am getting better at it, I might even get better than with ABS on, but for now it is not making me faster, just provides me a wider grin.:D

No need to specify, so long as your using the same for both hot lap and race.

MCRC
SagarisGTB / sagarismic / Opel Speedster '00 / 406 pp / 1:53.889 / CDT

This is the first car I tried, I'll try a few more for both the MCRC and VCRC sides of things tomorrow.

MCRC
SagarisGTB / sagarismic / Opel Speedster '00 / 406 pp / 1:53.889 / CDT

This is the first car I tried, I'll try a few more for both the MCRC and VCRC sides of things tomorrow.

Great to see another entry and quite good for a first shot.

Dont forget the deadline for the MCRC contest is 00:00 GMT tonight or for you 19:00 CDT.

Last edited:
Handlebar
The lowest PP that I am close on is 451... Gulp.

I was at 454 on the vcrc leader board until yesterday when I finaly found a car I liked better and improved my result. What is wrong with 451?

Cote Dazur
I was at 454 on the vcrc leader board until yesterday when I finaly found a car I liked better and improved my result. What is wrong with 451?

I thought it was too high vs the low 40x's. I am just starting to wrap my head round this format.

Back