Weekly Parity Series **Newcomers Wanted**

• Thread starter mike 5927
  • 1,205 comments
It's funny because I rarely seem to have any difference in the whole Offline/Online thing.

In last Monday's race I was running 53.5s when the space allowed.

Zorrin
It's funny because I rarely seem to have any difference in the whole Offline/Online thing.

Are you racing tomorrow?

Depends a lot on the car and how close it is to the limit. I was about a half second faster in the Spoon and easier to drive and more predictable offline. Some cars the gap is big, particularly the faster cars others not so bad.

Just had a few laps in the Isuzu concept '89. It sounds like the exhaust is from a church organ! Careful use of the right foot and you can play a tune.

Something has come up tonight and it's about 50/50 on whether or not I'll be able to race. :grumpy: I hope to but I'm not sure I'm going to be back at the house in time.

I gatecrashed the racing tonight and must say that it was the closest and most enjoyable racing I've had for a while. There were only three of us, but it was close over all 6 laps and a great experience.

I gatecrashed the racing tonight and must say that it was the closest and most enjoyable racing I've had for a while. There were only three of us, but it was close over all 6 laps and a great experience.

Glad you had fun, I hope to see you in future rounds of this series.

An other great evening of online racing. Epic battle with DitQuois and Johnny. We were catching Mike until I ran into Johnny in the chicane slowing us both. I apologize for my mistake.
This formula is a keeper.

Okay here's the first benchmark for Fuji.

Zorrin/DitQuois / Lamborghini Aventador / 499pp / 1:56.915

I had a ton of fun running with you guys tonight. Great group and very respectful. I think this is an awesome and unique format. I believe the shorter races will produce more opportunities for closer racing. Could not have been happier with the racing from start to finish. Thanks for introducing this to us Mike.

An other great evening of online racing. Epic battle with DitQuois and Johnny. We were catching Mike until I ran into Johnny in the chicane slowing us both. I apologize for my mistake.
This formula is a keeper.

No problem Cote...makes us even for when I ran into the guardrail all on my own early on in the race and collected you in the process:crazy:. I was glad we were able to catch up to the pack and join in the fun later in the race. Was a lot of fun racing side by side with everyone and a great job by Track to get out in front and leave the rest of us behind to battle for second place while he ran super clean and consistent laps:tup:👍

Definitely a keeper!!!💡💡

Was good fun, although I feel I should apologise for the over aggressiveness, but it is the only way to be competitive in the Elise given the lack of straight line speed. Has to make up time in the corners. So good choice for the hot lap, terrible choice for the race!

Once I got into clear air I could hit the 53s again. I even surpassed the target and hit a 53.3, although my PP had gone up to 391 due to engine break in during the race. I went from 117hp to 118hp.

But while infuriating in some respects to watch everyone sail by on the straights was dead chuffed to get past Mike while he lumbered around on shredded tyres ;)

MCRC Round #1 Results

Hot Lap
1. Zorrin / DitQuois / Lotus Elise 111R '04 / 1:53.514 / 390pp / EDT
2. Johnnypenso / Johnnypenso / Mugen S2000 '00 / 393pp / 1:53.796 / EDT
3. mike 5927 / Mike_5927 / Dodge Ram Laramie Hemi Quad Cab '04 / 400pp / 1:53.578 / BST
4. TrackBound7 / TrackBound7 / Renault Clio Sport V6 24v '00 / 400pp / 1:53.675 / EDT
5. SagarisGTB / sagarismic / Opel Speedster '00 / 406 pp / 1:53.889 / CDT
6. Johnnynebraska / J-Neb / Toyota 86 GT '12 / 410 pp / 1:53.697 / EDT
7. Cote Dazur / cotedazur06 / Honda Civic Type R '08 / 417pp / 1:53.530 / EDT
8. jackargent / jackargent / VW Scirocco R '10 / 431pp / 1.53.973 / BST

Race 1 (6 laps)
1st. mike 5927 / Mike_5927 / Dodge Ram Laramie Hemi Quad Cab '04 / 400pp / 1:53.578 / BST
2nd. TrackBound7 / TrackBound7 / Renault Clio Sport V6 24v '00 / 400pp / 1:53.675 / EDT
3rd. Johnnypenso / Johnnypenso / Mugen S2000 '00 / 393pp / 1:53.796 / EDT
4th. Cote Dazur / cotedazur06 / Honda Civic Type R '08 / 417pp / 1:53.530 / EDT
5th. SagarisGTB / sagarismic / Opel Speedster '00 / 406 pp / 1:53.889 / CDT

Race 2 (18 laps)
1st. TrackBound7 / TrackBound7 / Renault Clio Sport V6 24v '00 / 400pp / 1:53.675 / EDT
2nd. Zorrin / DitQuois / Lotus Elise 111R '04 / 1:53.514 / 390pp / EDT
3rd. mike 5927 / Mike_5927 / Dodge Ram Laramie Hemi Quad Cab '04 / 400pp / 1:53.578 / BST
4th. Cote Dazur / cotedazur06 / Honda Civic Type R '08 / 417pp / 1:53.530 / EDT
5th. Johnnypenso / Johnnypenso / Mugen S2000 '00 / 393pp / 1:53.796 / EDT
6th. SagarisGTB / sagarismic / Opel Speedster '00 / 406 pp / 1:53.889 / CDT

Last edited:
Great racing with you guys tonight, I look forward to many more nights of similar close racing. I will try and get some images from the races up tomorrow.

After the immediate feedback from tonights races I will be changing the Monday race setup to 3 races of about 15 minutes each. This will start with next Mondays VCRC races.

EDIT: As a side note try to learn from what Zorrin did and try to consider how a car will fare during a race, not just the hot lap contest.

EDIT: As a side note try to learn from what Zorrin did and try to consider how a car will fare during a race, not just the hot lap contest.

+1

I had fun doing the hot laps and trying to lower the PP a couple notches at a time. With that being said, my main focus the whole time was the racing. After having some ugly racing a couple weeks back my main priority was finding something I was comfortable with that I could run side by side with other drivers in without having issues. Wanted something predictable and well balanced. This will continue to be my focus in choosing a car. Besides, clean, competitive racing is much more fun than running hot laps by yourself during the week.

DQ, is that comment about Mike's truck "lumbering" around a pun :sly:. All he needed was a plow on the front, then I really would not have been able to see anything when being around him.

heh no pun intended. But it's horrible being stuck behind that truck you can't see anything and because it's so heavy it brakes so early and you end up tapping it because there's no way you'll ever see a braking reference!

Zorrin
heh no pun intended. But it's horrible being stuck behind that truck you can't see anything and because it's so heavy it brakes so early and you end up tapping it because there's no way you'll ever see a braking reference!

The advantage to its weight was when you did tap me it had almost no effect. It was like having a mosquito fly into me. :)

Like RD, I jumped into the lounge amidst the group racing at the time, and crashed the party. The racing is close and competitive. Like DQ, I had a car with a lower straight-line speed than some. It was an interesting dynamic seeing how different car and driver combinations managed to make their way around the track. With more racers, this can be a highly successful format. It's even great fun with only 3 or 4 people.

I agree, it is almost as if that big truck was asking for it.:lol:

Yup, I clocked it twice I think. The second time I even lifted earlier to try and give space to find a braking point. The thing was still too wide to see even with space.

Latest Posts

Back