Weekly Photography Week 9

• Thread starter Burnout
  • 42 comments
I don't know the building... it's in downtown toronto, just a few streets down from the Scotia Bank Tower which, is one of the biggest buildings in the city. I've got a few good shots of that as well but it's damn hard to get a good angle on the Scotia Tower :(

Scotia Tower? This website is saying Vancouver and you're saying Toronto. Eh? What am I missing? Ah HA! Scotia Plaza is what we're looking for. Found that out on another of my favorite websites. Cool deal. I live in Little Rock, Arkansas, (actually 30 miles north) but LR's tallest building is only 42 floors - the TCBY Tower, which technically isn't even the TCBY Tower anymore. Now it's like Mercantile Bank or something. Dorkwads haven't even put the new sign up yet.

Anyway, nice picture you've got there (:

oops, I didn't know that the name of the whole building was Scotia Plaza... and to think, I go through it every single day on the walk to school :P

cardude2004
Why do you walk through a building. Why don't you just go around it?
there's 3 ways to get to my university from the train station
- walk using the roads but weather can make this hard - takes 20 minutes
- walk through the basement lobbies and ground floors of all the skyscrapers and be protected from the elements at the same time - 25 minutes
- Take the subway for $2.25 per direction or $100 per month - 5 minutes

I prefer the underground walk when the weather sucks. Because of this, i go through most of the buildings on the way. Above ground when the weather is nice.

emad
People - start submitting to the photography comps!
But on the plus side, less entrys give me a better chance of getting some votes! :dopey: More entrys would makes things a little more interesting, though. Conundrum :confused:

I live nowhere near downtown San Jose and I can't drive and there are no interesting buildings around here.

I live nowhere near downtown San Jose and I can't drive and there are no interesting buildings around here.

Photography isn't just about the subject - it's how you take the picture (: Find something dull and make the picture interesting. The angle you use, the light you use, or something else in the picture. With architecture you're also not limited to just buildings. Architecture can be bridges, barns, houses, fountains, gazebos (sp?), or even things made out of toys (Lego?). And perspective is HUGE. My picture of the arch for example isn't really a standard photo of the arch. Most people stand across the street and take the borring "full arch" picture that is on postcards. BOO! Something more interesting to look at makes it all better.

Back