Weekly Practice Community Race

I think I'm going to be rallying with Motion tonight, feel free to join, looks like Forced and Blindside are already in a clean spec racing room if you wanna join.

Is there going to be any spec racing tonight forcednductionand what time if so?I couldn't get in last night, popular room i guess.It must of been fun with the all star cast you had in it

Yes, I will have the room up tonight for about 90 minutes, starting some time between 9 and 10pm. I will message a bunch of folks when the room is up. I limit the room to 12 racers for high quality. Yes, we have basically the best racers in GTAcademy competing, and it makes for an incredibly intense, competitive and fun experience. Racing is definitely a different skill set than time trial, which has made the results particularly interesting. There is also a clear driving and racecraft style emerging for the top guys, which I find even more intriguing. It has become quite popular, unfortunately it's first come first serve for those on my friends list. I will boot random people if GTA folks like yourself are trying to get in, though we haven't had any random people in weeks.

I may try to expand to 16 participants, but if the race quality suffers (currently on high) than I will back it down to 12 again. I'm placing a priority on quality of the race, both in connection speed and driver skill :) 👍

Yes, we have basically the best racers in GTAcademy competing

:rolleyes:

You advertise your lobby like its some epic promise land, its just a lobby. Also, why are you and that joey22 guy coming into our lobby spamming the sidebar about your lobby like some internet pop up ad? Its just a lobby bro.

been working my a$$ off for the last couple days, i tried to get on last night but i guess i was on too early, hopefully i can keep my a$$ awake long enough to get into a room. been playing TDU2, and WOW, i almost forgot how much fun GT5 is. hope to see some of you guys later today....

You advertise your lobby like its some epic promise land, its just a lobby. Also, why are you and that joey22 guy coming into our lobby spamming the sidebar about your lobby like some internet pop up ad? Its just a lobby bro.

Do you have some insecurity issues? Or are you just joking around again?

I'm passionate about racing. A lot of others are too. I created a lobby for people to have clean spec racing in a competitive environment, long before Stig's lobby was open, but made people aware of it in GTA as an alternative to Stig's lobby, which is more laidback and social. Many, many folks appreciate that and it's been great racing with them. I made ONE post in stigs lobby OVER A WEEK ago, because it was filling up, to offer others the opportunity to come if they couldn't get in. Sorry if that offended you. I encourage you to look at my previous posts in this thread. I have had good times in Stig's lobby, and he's a really good dude.

This is the second the time I've gotten an attitude from you, for no reason. I'm a totally cool, laidback guy, but for some reason you like to attack me like I'm some arrogant douche? This is what I'm perceiving from you, please correct me if I'm wrong. If it makes you insecure that I host spec lobbies, just don't come to them. Don't attack me in an immature way because you feel threatened for some reason that I can't understand - though it seems like you have some juvenile "jealousy" that people like to come to "my" lobby. Or perhaps because I'm so pysched about it, your interpreting my excitement for it as arrogance? All I know is, it's a blast and I feel lucky to be able to race with some very talented, fast racers in an online race. That's all. Fact is, I could care less who comes and doesn't - the people who want to come will come, those who don't wont. That's fine either way.

You're entitled to your opinion, but you're really being very pointed, and disrespectful in how you talk to me, which I won't accept. If you want to discuss this further, feel free to PM me. I'm not going to go through some childish banter with you on a public forum.

Nick

Last edited:
Do you have some insecurity issues?

I'm passionate about racing. A lot of others are too. I created a lobby for people to have clean spec racing in a competitive environment, long before Stig's lobby was open, but made people aware of it in GTA as an alternative to Stig's lobby, which is more laidback and social. Many, many folks appreciate that and it's been great racing with them. I made one post in stigs lobby a few days ago, because it was filling up, to offer others the opportunity to come if they couldn't get in. I have had good times in Stig's lobby, and he's a really good dude.

This is the second the time I've gotten an attitude from you, for no reason. I'm a totally cool, laidback guy, but for some reason you like to attack me like I'm some arrogant douche? If it makes you insecure that I host spec lobbies, just don't come to them. Don't attack me in an immature way because you feel threatened for some reason that I can't understand - though it seems like you have some juvenile "jealousy" that people like to come to "my" lobby. Fact is, I could care less who comes and doesn't - the people who want to come will come, those who don't wont. That's fine either way.

If you want to discuss this further, feel free to PM me. I'm not going to go through some childish banter with you on a public forum.

Nick

Hey Nick, lay off the guy a little bit. Your post about the best racers in the GT academy did sound a little cocky, but hey, you weren't exactly wrong :D

I like having my lounge be a social zone, which works awesome (especially for guys with mics, for those of you who don't have em GET THEM!) but we all know we've had some awesome racing in my lounge as well :) My lounge has a habit of degenerating into mayhem as the night goes on, but we always start off with fast and clean racing (we had a particularly awesome STI vs EVO race on eiger last night)

Having more than one lounge is great, especially with the numbers we're getting but everybody know's that my lounge is the place to be :dopey:

You're promised land can never usurp my position as rightful ruler of the USGTA social scene! (rightful meaning I stole it from commie :scared: )

Patrick

PS. liked the way you did your name^ :D
PPS. OHNOES THE STIG'S IDENTITY IS OUT!!!! How they gonna kill ME off? :dopey:

Hey Nick, lay off the guy a little bit. Your post about the best racers in the GT academy did sound a little cocky, but hey, you weren't exactly wrong :D

I like having my lounge be a social zone, which works awesome (especially for guys with mics, for those of you who don't have em GET THEM!) but we all know we've had some awesome racing in my lounge as well :) My lounge has a habit of degenerating into mayhem as the night goes on, but we always start off with fast and clean racing (we had a particularly awesome STI vs EVO race on eiger last night)

Having more than one lounge is great, especially with the numbers we're getting but everybody know's that my lounge is the place to be :dopey:

You're promised land can never usurp my position as rightful ruler of the USGTA social scene! (rightful meaning I stole it from commie :scared: )

Patrick

PS. liked the way you did your name^ :D
PPS. OHNOES THE STIG'S IDENTITY IS OUT!!!! How they gonna kill ME off? :dopey:

LOL!!

And this is why you're the man Stig. :)👍

And just to clarify - me saying that was not out of arrogance, but just saying "thank you" for the really fast guys for showing up and having some great battles with them. I really appreciate clean, spec'd out, competitive racing and want people to know that, that's all. It's also a blast to drive a NASCAR 230mph in to a Fiat 500 on Mulsanne.

Will see you online soon, whether it's in YOUR lobby or MINE. LOL

Cheers,

Nick

P.S. - Definitely doing your Super GT league!!!

Last edited:
No need for all that GT-Motion. I think what has happened is you have mistaken Force's words as being cocky, but if you get to know him you'd realize he is just not that way. you should really join he's lobby sometime. I think you'll find both him and his room to be a positive exp.

I really appreciate both Stig's and Force's lobbies as they have made GT5's online racing so much more fun for me. Both rooms usually get a lot of over-flow anyway so the more lobbies like this the better IMO.

I'd also like to reiterate, and i'm certain many would agree, that both Force and Joey are truly among the most considerate and enjoyable persons to be around in GTA, and yes, (due to Force's stewardship, the racing formats, and the talent involved) their room is freakin Epic:tup:

Last edited:
No need for all that GT-Motion. I think what has happened is you have mistaken Force's words as being cocky, but if you get to know him you'd realize he is just not that way. you should really join he's lobby sometime. I think you'll find both him and his room to be a positive exp.

I really appreciate both Stig's and Force's lobbies as they have made GT5's online racing so much more fun for me. Both rooms usually get a lot of over-flow anyway so the more lobbies like this the better IMO.

I'd also like to reiterate, and i'm certain many would agree, that both Force and Joey are truly among the most considerate and enjoyable persons to be around in GTA, and yes, (due to Force's stewardship, the racing formats, and the talent involved) their room is freakin Epic:tup:

Thanks Glenn, I really appreciate it. :) Feeling is mutual. And thanks to the guys that have sent me PM's about this too (with a similar message.)

Thanks Glenn, I really appreciate it. :) Feeling is mutual. And thanks to the guys that have sent me PM's about this too (with a similar message.)

Aww we've all bonded :D Just so you guys know, motion is an awesome guy with many zany alter ego's and a fantastic sense of humor :D

I have an idea that might alleviate all concerns and preempt any "toe stepping", why don't forced and I create separate threads for each of our lounges with a short description of what we normally do? That way it'll be easier for people to know when our respective lounges are open as well (although forced and I attend each other's lounges pretty often).

I have an idea that might alleviate all concerns and preempt any "toe stepping", why don't forced and I create separate threads for each of our lounges with a short description of what we normally do? That way it'll be easier for people to know when our respective lounges are open as well (although forced and I attend each other's lounges pretty often).

Although I don't think it's necessary, as I think almost everyone here "get's it" and knows there is no "toe stepping" - I'll post up something in a new thread giving the basic details on the lobby and a link to my other thread if you think it's the best course of action. :)

Cheers bro.

Although I don't think it's necessary, as I think almost everyone here "get's it" and knows there is no "toe stepping" - I'll post up something in a new thread giving the basic details on the lobby and a link to my other thread if you think it's the best course of action. :)

Cheers bro.

Eh I just think it'll make it nice and easy, plus I enjoyed making a thread for mine :D Since you already have a thread though, I guess you don't really need a new one :)

And for the record, I was the first person to comment on joey advertising your lounge when we were all in Motion's lounge that night. I think my exact statement was "wow, joey's goin legit on ad space here" (very intelligent sounding I know, but sarcasm was expressed through my tone :D ) Motion wasn't acting completely alone.

After all I was sad that you guys weren't coming to my lounge much anymore :(

PS Joey needs a mic. He can only be so funny by typing and I need more joey. Forced, I demand you buy your bro a mic. NOW.

Last edited:
Eh I just think it'll make it nice and easy, plus I enjoyed making a thread for mine :D Since you already have a thread though, I guess you don't really need a new one :)

Agreed. lol I just made a new one in GT-A linking to the online racing section one. If anything it will be good for discussion and posting when I'll have it open.

Agreed. lol I just made a new one in GT-A linking to the online racing section one. If anything it will be good for discussion and posting when I'll have it open.

Haha I just edited my last post with a bunch of whining and snivelling and you replied before I finished!

Discussion will be good, plus it'll be nice so you can post up a room number if you're in a public room (which I think you are usually?)

After all I was sad that you guys weren't coming to my lounge much anymore :(

PS Joey needs a mic. He can only be so funny by typing and I need more joey. Forced, I demand you buy your bro a mic. NOW.

Awww Stig I'll come back! I came last night didn't I! :)

Funny you say that - I've been breaking his balls to get a mic too. Typing is soooo painful, especially when you don't have a key board!

Maybe I'll buy my twin brother a bluetooth as a Valentines Gift? :embarrassed:

Do you have some insecurity issues?

eedSb.jpg

Back