• Thread starter boombexus
  • 165 comments
Originally posted by miata13B
Well with a virgin car, got a best clean lap on the second try of
T1 25.14
T2 47.51

T1 24.52
T2 46.44
Ok it looks as though things are going good, but I don't feel my whole lap is matching up to those split times for some reasons. After doing a couple of equations and running just sectors with the car I am losing it on the end of the race. With my new setup running on T6's I got a

T1 24.78
T2 46.51

but somehow ran a faster lap then previous. . . hmmm. . . . That goes to show there is a ton of improvement needed. :D

Bah, got me a new car, with tires first and came $20 under budget.

And resulted in a:

T1: 26.8
T2: 50.1

Still room for improvement.

This doesnt have anything to do DIRECTLY w/ the series, but i just wanted to share anyways.....I got a pretty decent TV tuner card for my PC today so i could watch tv in here when i was online late at night and bored. theres no tv in this room and i figured id rather spend 50 bucks on a card than 150 on a new tv. Its also got an FM tuner so i can listen to the radio too. Well its also got a video input to hook up anything else, so i hooked my PS2 up to it, and after a quick trip to Best Buy to get a couple adapters so i could hook the sound into it too, im playin PS2 thru my monitor now!! Now i can watch tv, listen to the radio, and play video games in here. I never have to leave this room again! haha. It looks pretty good thru the monitor, tho i bet it'd look 10X better if i got an s-video cable to go thru. Man, i need a bigger monitor now tho. hehe. Oh yeah. now i can also record replays directly to my computer in any format or i want...or even just record me playing the game if i wanted to, and i can also take screen captures now too 👍 :D

is it me ? everytime i compete in one of the race series.. we get around 150 posts by now?.. now we only have 93... mabe its becuz me are not participating in this one :( i would love too.

Miata,

I noticed you are making progress. Other ideas about the race have developed here as well and its an odd idea about a format for the cars.

Catch me on the net if you can, but I will tell you more about it.

I also want to thank lotus... The Cobra I saw you mention jogged my memory. It was helpful in developing my ideas mentioned above.

Chances are I will talk about this stuff more after the competition. At the moment I feel this is more of a race, not an open discussion of racing technique.

I made some progress but dont have the score next to me... its something in the 46.5 range for each of the three cars I am running right now.

enough for now.

bye

im gettin a bit worried people will think im cheating cus of the sector times i pulled out as the car im using has already been mentioned im tempted to tell people what it is now lol

Originally posted by makaveli2k3
im gettin a bit worried people will think im cheating cus of the sector times i pulled out as the car im using has already been mentioned im tempted to tell people what it is now lol

RX-7 RS :P

i suppose the good news for everyone is im out of budget now only left meself enough for 1 oil change so lets just hope them times are enough

I'm done, duty calls.:irked:
24.129-45.080
Time submitted.

Originally posted by makaveli2k3

I don't think that you're cheating.:) Cheating isn't very nice.:grumpy:
I saw 44.8, but it was slower overall than what I submitted.
Your T1 is very fast.
You've got yourself some top end there.

hmm...i just tested another car that may have nice potential, its a bit tricky to keep off the walls, but if you do the results are pretty good. so far after only about 20 miles ive managed a best clean lap of 24.6/46.5, but have been down as low as 24.4/46.0 on separate laps. im still a bit off pace w/ the overall lap time than w/ the first car im driving, so hopefully that'll improve as this one breaks in more. i'll just run em both and take whatever best time i get by the end of the week

Well I believe the mentioned above 45.0 area with no doubt... No I have not done it, but yes I believe it.

With a great car, the lap is very possible as I did a 46.1 in a test car, which only carried a 2.4 hp to wieght ratio.

With the right combination of parts and a 2.1 hp ratio, the laps times can easily go down from the 46.5 mark I was seeing a day or two ago.

Slow for a "pro," that I am.

But I still love the racing occuring. This race has sparked gt for me again and I have now stopped playing the gundam game which sucked away my last two races.

back soon...

edit:
forgot big point about above mentioned 46.1 time...

No t1 time is known currently, but t1 is suspected of being in the 24.5-9 range.

Edit again...

I just did the same 2.4 hp wieght car and put down a

24.5/45.9

Thought you all would want to see that knowing about all the wieght ratios Ive seen in the sub 2.3 area.

Third edit:

just did an awesome t1 t2 combo...

24.6 (not a good t1) into a

back again, hopefully after someone else post, but thats what you get when you play 10 laps and post an update as you do better.

Edit... sorry...

I was gonna delete the above, but I thought you all should see it because I just brought down a new time...

24.3 45.7

Dam Kent, you gonna edit it one more time for us. . . 707 :D

Are you possibly running that car you mentioned last night or was it mine???

The only hint I give to others is that American Pride is what I am all about this race.

I will say I was running the RX-7 RZ the beginning of the week, but a conversation with Kent made me realize something.

This race is like a true street race. I need to represent where I live and the cars I have faith in.

I will unvale the car at a later date, but I don't think anyone has touched on it yet. :D

Originally posted by miata13B
Dam Kent, you gonna edit it one more time for us. . . 707 :D

Are you possibly running that car you mentioned last night or was it mine???

The only hint I give to others is that American Pride is what I am all about this race.

I will say I was running the RX-7 RZ the beginning of the week, but a conversation with Kent made me realize something.

This race is like a true street race. I need to represent where I live and the cars I have faith in.

I will unvale the car at a later date, but I don't think anyone has touched on it yet. :D

i wouldve ran with the american badass the cobra r:mischievous:

Originally posted by Cobraking
i wouldve ran with the american badass the cobra r:mischievous:
Quite a formidable car I must say, but it is not the car I am using. The Cobra from what I have tried and seen is a direct competitor for this race. I would have personally run it, but I was unable to leave over 750 cr with it not only for an oil change, but also some rims :D

Originally posted by Cobraking
I wouldnt count the rims for money if u already had them in stock.. u know if u had already bought them way b4
Nope, I would count everything, no freebies here. You gotta have a little style with your racing you know :D

first 4 laps in the cobra yield a 46.9 t2 but as much as i dig the car, i think i'm going another way on this one. no matter how smooth the car feels, i already know it will never do 44's. my parts list is really the only way to go with this car (according to my calculations) and i'm seein a lower ceiling than i'm looking for with this one.

The job is local this week and as a result I am able to continue with my pursuit of a faster lap.:D :D

I just ran a 2Hr. session and improved. 23.724-44.675

@ boom: Are we to include aftermarket rims in the total package price?
If so, then I will resubmit with the revised total. There's plenty of headroom. BTW, the rims were in my garage and credits were not deducted when installed. I install different rims whenever I modify a car, this makes it easier for me to tell which cars I've ruined.:D

Originally posted by Oliver DePlace

@ boom: Are we to include aftermarket rims in the total package price?
If so, then I will resubmit with the revised total. There's plenty of headroom. BTW, the rims were in my garage and credits were not deducted when installed.

Nope, you don't have to include the price of wheels for you car. Since they don't give you any real added performance.

I install different rims whenever I modify a car, this makes it easier for me to tell which cars I've ruined.:D

:lol:

Yeah, I do the same thing. :D

@Max, So you've decided to grace us with your presence huh? Good to see ya around man. 👍

Well, i can't get any faster... expect a PM pretty soon, boom! :P

Well, after a 100 mile session w/ the second car im testing, ive got a pretty good clean new best now of 24.0/45.5 :) I did get a 23.9 once on a wasted lap. I definently still see room for improvement w/ this car. By the end of the week im HOPING for a high 23 low 45. Im almost there right now so hopefully i can come thru w/ it. @Miata, youve kinda sparked my intrest...this car im usin is also an american car that i dont think ive seen mentioned yet...HMMM

Indeed idafc21... this is most likely no coincedence that you are running such blazing fast laps.

I ask that you speak no more of this mystery car.

Im on time with your laps but not exactly and can confidently say that my times will come down with more effort and time.

Well no, it doesnt have to be like that.

But for now it is.

You see, I hold this cars name quiet due to another members request.

I also believe that since I have no desire to know what all others are driving, it would be up to the other parties to come out and say what they are driving (minus idafc) if they wished to break the stalemate of secrecy surrounding the car selection for this week.

In other words...

If you want to come out with your car, and do so, then its cool with me.

But Im not gonna spill the beans until someone has already spilled their own.

Although, I sure would like to hear what makaveli2k3 is driving... Actually, I dont want to know what it is in the normal sense.

I dont want to know unless its the rx7, which I think he already said.

I knew right from the start of this comp that the rx7 was gonna be the car for the majority of us to use.

btw, my time updates...

Back soon with updates.

YYYYYOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

final time was awesome.

I think this might be the keeper.

It could lose some time though...

Plus the hp/wieght ratio has come down from 2.4 to 2.3 due to the break in.

Back later on with updates.

Latest Posts

Back