Weekly Race Series, Week 15 - Pocket Change

• Thread starter boombexus
  • 165 comments
originally quoted by GoKents

Although, I sure would like to hear what makaveli2k3 is driving... Actually, I dont want to know what it is in the normal sense.

I dont want to know unless its the rx7, which I think he already said.

yup its the rx7 rz not rs will be postin my times now

well dont post them in the open... send them to boom.

Im intrested to see what the rx7 rz is capable of and Im sure that you can give us a good idea of just that.

Im really looking forward to discussion after the race in the results area.

ok, finally found my hopefully winning combination. best so far 70 miles from full hp is

28.2/45.3/.8 off my goal.

the sad thing is that this budget really excludes turbo cars from the competition seeing how N/A stage 2 is 13-14k and turbo stage 3 (which is nesessary to run with the american v8's) is 40k

This excersise is really really odd... I'm sorry I haven't had as much time as I hoped for this, but my best save so far is :

T1: 2 secs ahead of Max E. T2: 4 secs down :odd:

*need time to improve*

ok i have a semi final time with a 23.8 and 44.9. the rest was good also except i lost atleast a 10th hitting the limiter coming up the last hill.

:irked: Can I assume that you put in the wrong T1 time in the post above mine ?

And I thought I had a good time:irked:

T1 24.5
T2 46.1 had a 45.3 :embarrassed: but I messed up the tunnel :banghead:

I think I'll try the RX7 b4 it's too late :D

edit:

btw Cobraboy

I was getting 50's too untill I took the first half of the tunnel slow and keep the car on the left then I floored it while turning to the inside and then to the inside of the next turn. this allows the auto tranny to change to 4th gear just before the hump and I get in the 170's at the end of the straight.

Also braking early before the S turn (after the straight ) helps line the car up so I can floor it in. and try not to hit brakes up the hill before the tunnel

Hope this helps

Laterz

Still, I've only had a couple of goes in the Camaro and not got a save :D
So tomorrow I buy a rx7 and take her for a spin :mischievous:

The RX-7 understeers a lot. If you can eliminate that, then it can stick in corners like gum. Oh, and my times:

25/47.8

If you used the RX-7, any suggestions?

ok I guess I will finally let my car out to the open to give some people the chance. . . Especially since it was my birthday and all . . . The Corvette Grand Sport. I am not going to let out my T1 and T2s now.

This game stinks or is it me :irked:

Anyway - As I am at work now and won't be home until deadline my sucky time has been submitted.. :grumpy:

edit: Added grumpy smiley...

Originally posted by Thio

The RX-7 understeers a lot. If you can eliminate that, then it can stick in corners like gum. Oh, and my times:

25/47.8

If you used the RX-7, any suggestions?

well as most people know i got 22.xxx and 44.xxx using the rz make sure you buy a racing gearbox and try and individually tune the gears so you get good acceleration and ok top end but focus more on the accel

Originally posted by makaveli2k3
well as most people know i got 22.xxx and 44.xxx using the rz make sure you buy a racing gearbox and try and individually tune the gears so you get good acceleration and ok top end but focus more on the accel

Yeh, I used the RX-7 and didn't touch the gears, although I did have them setup quite nicely a few days ago, I forgot to save..

:banghead:

Times now:
26.010/48.813

Originally posted by miata13B
ok I guess I will finally let my car out to the open to give some people the chance. . . Especially since it was my birthday and all . . . The Corvette Grand Sport. I am not going to let out my T1 and T2s now.

That's the car I have been using since the first day...I haven't really been too interested in the race this week, just not my thing I guess, it sounded fun at first but ended up being not so much fun.. I don't even remember my splits as I did my laps 4 or 5 days ago and haven't touched it since, I think T1 was like 46.3 or something lousy like that. Granted, I'm not complaining about this week's race idea, just not for me that's all. Sounds like some of the rest of you all are enjoying it so that's good.:D

How about a rally race this week? Smokey Mt. and Swiss Alps sound good ta me:cool:

this race ended up a chore and nothing else ..time sent nothing special i only ran the RX-7 for 1 day and it shows :rolleyes:

See yoose next round

@ CFman what made you think of Smokey mountain..? :D :P

Well first the obivous, I hate rally.

If this race isn't for some of us, the rally would be the same for me.

I guess its all up to boom in the end, but I wanna see a race/prize car.

Second...

Makaveli2k3,

I noticed you said something about MOST rz users are getting in the 23 and 44 range.

I think this could be a slight mistake.

Infact, I think that only a few of the racers here, about 4, have gotten into that range. (just a guess*)

But I know that the rx7 is the work horse for this weeks challenge as it is the most obvious car for the job.

I guess we will see who picked what and how it worked out, but I am willing to bet that the rx7 will be just as diverse as the rest of the crowd.

That is, when I assume that not everyone here ran a week of american pride. (which is what drove my selection and ego this week)

Oh yea, still in the low 24.2 and 45.4 area with more improvments on the old time.

Still more to come off, but Ive gotta break down to the 45.2 mark if I really want to make it to my new goal.

haha, i knew that was the car you were usiin miata, its the one i ended up w/ too :) I should have a few hours to get some racing in before the deadline tonight so i hope i can get somthin done. Not that im disappointed w/ the time ive got now, but i still think i can do better, i dont even think my cars fully broken in yet, i dont think it has much farther to go tho. These are gonna be some interesting results! cant wait!

I've been running all week and still havent been able to drop the times from one of my first runs. So I'll seen in my times soon.

anybody who ran this faster than me had better prove it. that's all i have to say about that.

Originally posted by Max E.
anybody who ran this faster than me had better prove it. that's all i have to say about that.

you sound like you da man now maximus :P

Max E. lol... I hear ya.

I know its possible to run the speeds your doing, but at that level of competition, I can see it being important to show that you actually can.

None the less, Im not that highly ranked here and I know that I need to get an export/shark port so I can start showing the people here what Im doing.

Point is, once you get to a certain level in the internet racing community, its your responsibility to provide evidence of your greatness.

Its one thing when you pushing mid pack amatuer status, but its another when your claiming the fastest of the fastest.

Btw ...... i'm just here to niggle Maximus el doofus ;) dont expect a time from me :mischievous:

Hey guy's!

Sorry I havent' been around the last day or so, but due to some flooding in my area I was forced to evacuate my home. Just ended up being for a day so I'm back at the house.
Don't know if you've heard about it on the news, but I live right below that portion of I-70 that has a big sink hole in it. Looks like the interstate is gonna be closed for about a week, if not longer.

Anyway, I have to get some more time in, be back later. :mischievous:

@Lotus will do :lol: what where your sectors and what did you use ..If you don't mind my asking..My time is CRAP BTW :P

I tried the RX7 RZ and I suck. :irked:

I can only imagine what time you guys would of gotten If you all used the car I did :D

Time sent BTW

About to send in time, but I think I might give it one more run. I had an amazing T1 and T2 for my best lap, but I screwed up the end and slowed down a little too much on a right hander causing a lose of .25 seconds. Darn it....

Back