Weekly Race Series, Week 28

• Thread starter boombexus
  • 171 comments
Originally posted by kragbees
So I take it that whatever changes you make to a car in Gran Turismo mode, will be carried over to any race in Arcade Mode ? I have not played the Arcade mode that much, so I was just wondering, with all you guys going on about setups ect.

Hey kragbees,

That is correct, any changes made to your car in simulation mode transfer over to arcade mode.

Thanks Boom, I thought I had the forums all to myself haha.

Well in that case maybe I can make a decent time to move out of the Beginner league. Funny, I thought I was quite a good driver up until now, but like my girlfriend told me, here I am racing against the best in the world ! haha.

I can't believe that most of the guys here have completed 100% of the game, I don't know if it's just me, but I get tired of racing 25 laps of one race !:mad:

Oh yes, sorry, another question, my status shows me as a New Member, does this change automatically the more posts you do ? Sorry about asking here, probably not the right forum to ask stupid questions. This will be the last.:lol:

Originally posted by kragbees

So I take it that whatever changes you make to a car in Gran Turismo mode, will be carried over to any race in Arcade Mode ?

Yes, and you can also choose the settings in arcade free run mode so long as you're using a car from your garage, if you haven't noticed yet :)

This isn't a good week for me at all. So far I can't seem to get a clean lap, and my best T times are 1-3 seconds slower than everyone elses...

[edit] just squeezed out a good time. T times aren't that impressive, but here they are anyway: 0'16.460 - 0'37.283 - 1'03.603. I'm hoping I can get it better so that I can actually have a chance at moving up a league...

Hi All,
My first clean save has a T1=15.1,T2=35.0,slid a little too much @ T3,=60.6,and there is more to come off T3 I am sure.

Later,
cinjun8

Originally posted by NSZero
Has anyone tried running T8's in front and T7's or T6's in back? I haven't yet (just got home from work), but it might help.

Yep I'm running T8's in front and T7's in the back and I,m now down to 1.00,8XX at T3

Also I'm looseing a lot of time from T1 to T2 so If any one has any suggestions :D

I'm running this race again and again, and each time it seems like the car wants to drift more and more (the only problem with that is that I drive grip; not drift...)

New T times! I figured out a few better lines than before and pulled a second off overall with a much cleaner lap...
T1: 0'16.362
T2: 0'36.313
T3: 1'02.769

Well I guess I should post my stuff up.

My best clean lap save is a t3 of exactly 1.00.000
(odd huh!)

My best t times throughout different laps...

Those were on different laps and situations, none of them clean.

I will be back later with a full on description of my best lap... as soon as I have a best lap I am happy with.

For now my best just isn't good enough due to the fact that I have seen other laps under 1.00.000 that are a good bit faster.

Soon enough I will have something more to say... till then...

Oh yeah, and remember fellas, keep those replays.
This weeks gonna be a hoot with the results Im sure.

Oh yeah, boom,
I need to talk to you about a replay...
I would like you to examine this one lap and tell me if its clean. (its so close that although I believe it is clean, I cant be sure)

Im not gonna bother you with it till the end of the week. (as I may be able to beat the time with a solid clean lap)

thanks...

I got my brakes set pretty soft 4/11 so I can turn-in to some of the corners abit better. Earlier braking than normal seems to help as well.

Wellp!

First off, boom,

Dont worry about that replay thing.

I beat that lap by a good margin and managed to meet my target time with a clean lap.

15.5/34.6/59.8 -> ???

I also managed a new low on the t2 mark... 34.4

Take that with the hope of a 59.5 is possible, but only on a "perfect" lap.

Talk to you guys later on about the laps and times...

Oh yeah, I thought I would mention that Ive pulled a 15.3?? on the t1, but I dont think its gonna happen again.

However, when I race my 15.6 ghost, I can often put down a 15.4 with some ease... I will be back of course, as I plan on pulling a better time than my current.

lol, thats a good one.

Go ahead and ask IDAFC21 what happend last time I gave up that info...

Tell you what, you hit me with a pm, and I promise I will send you a copy of the set up... the exact set up.

Gotta mention though, I havent seen you around at the gtp before, so welcome and enjoy the racing.

GoKents, I'm just curious, HOW THE HECK ARE YOUR TIMES SO LOW?!?! Maybe you could send me your replay so that I could try and impove my time by competing against it? BTW, can you post your setup after the results are posted? maybe it has somethig to do with that...

Ok my latest clean lap which I am about to submit:

T1: 15.506
T2: 34.409
T3: 59.196
Total: Fast I hope!

I got a T1 of 15.1 once, so there is still 4 tenths to drop on that time, but I'm not going to attempt it, would be way too frustrating :banghead:. So good luck to everyone and since I changed my setup a bit, if anyone wants, I can post the "revised" setup. ( Although its still pretty close to Boom's original settings. )

Edit: Time submitted

Think I'm pretty well done.
T1: 15.765
T2: 35.041
T3: 1'00.194

Couldn't get anything better all afternoon...I'll turn a few more laps later and see what happens.

i asked Max E. for a setup since i saw in the archives he was a very fast racer. they did'nt make my lap too much faster, but for some reason i could hit it more consistantly. my best lap now is 15.4,34.5,59.6 although i did a lap .150 faster with a 59.7 t3. it's very very loose but the rear end gets around much better now.

Well, I thought I had a good CLEAN lap going. Then, looking at the replay, I noticed that I had two wheels on the pavement... Sadly they were hovering just a bit off the ground, while the other two where in the grass...

!@#$(*@#$*

Originally posted by GoKents
Go ahead and ask IDAFC21 what happend last time I gave up that info...

aww, well at least you were a good sport and gave it to me anyways :D You know i'd do the same for you man

I really got get on this, ive only done one session so far this week, and that was like 3 days ago. Works really kickin my ass this week. I'll proably have some time tomorrow night, and monday before the deadline...it aint gonna be enough tho....

Originally posted by T13R
Ok my latest clean lap which I am about to submit:

T1: 15.506
T2: 34.409
T3: 59.196
Total: Fast I hope!

I got a T1 of 15.1 once, so there is still 4 tenths to drop on that time, but I'm not going to attempt it, would be way too frustrating :banghead:. So good luck to everyone and since I changed my setup a bit, if anyone wants, I can post the "revised" setup. ( Although its still pretty close to Boom's original settings. )

Edit: Time submitted

With a time that fast its no longer a question of hoping your gonna have a good final time.

Oh no, all you've gotta hope for is that people will accept your time. (especially if its only based on your word alone and not a replay)

As for me... still working at it, but hey, monday off = plenty of play time.

Catch you later today after Ive done the crap Ive gotta do for the day.

yeah, im with a few people here, im a grip driver, i keep the car from drifting half the time and i take the turns as clean as i can, kinda like driving in a f1 game, its just what im used to, but this car doesnt always like to do this. that rear end likes to be in front or to the sides.

ill post my times when i get back to ps2, since my room is in being torn apart, my computer is separated from the ps2, its horrible, i miss being able to check peoples times and play at the same time. sigh....

OH and btw, when i get a chance, ive got a replay for everyone to see. its a race between me and IDAFC21, now this was a really good race, maybe he will upload it......or maybe not, he might still be mad about it, hehe. but i think you guys would find this too be a really good race to watch, we never were any farther than a second from each other for 4 laps at tokyo. so ill try to upload it if you guys would like to see it.

I surely wouldnt mind seeing it, but then again, its no big deal if you cant post it.

I really just came back to make this post in an attempt to add comments to my last post...

I just wanted to remind you guys that replays are really only neccessary when you at the top of the game.

However, even if your a mid pack amatuer, youve still gotta hold onto that replay of your best lap.

Thing is, there is still competition in the mid levels of the weekly racing group.

So just remember everyone, dont sweat it, but always keep your replay just incase that worst case scenerio happens to arise.

Of course, thats just my two cents. (and dont worry fellas, I practice what I preach... my replay will be up as soon as the results are up. regardless of how slow I may end up being.)

heres the replay, im using the skyline, hes using rx7, it turns out that these two cars are really even in almost every way, except for one, which youll notice by the end of the race

Attachments

• idafc21 vs. 95slpz28.sps
    57 KB · Views: 11

Latest Posts

Back