Weekly Race Series, Week 28

• Thread starter boombexus
  • 171 comments
Originally posted by GoKents
With a time that fast its no longer a question of hoping your gonna have a good final time.

Oh no, all you've gotta hope for is that people will accept your time. (especially if its only based on your word alone and not a replay)

As for me... still working at it, but hey, monday off = plenty of play time.

Catch you later today after Ive done the crap Ive gotta do for the day.
No problems here as the replay is saved and 100% clean and can be uploaded to the net anytime thru Xport (NTSC)

I've finally managed to do a clean, half decent (for me anyway) lap :) , so the pressure's off and I can now try and enjoy doing some faster laps.
I thought I was never going to get a fast,clean save...:banghead:

It was actually pretty conservative lap, and I stayed well away from the walls, so there's probably at least another 5 tenths to be had. Here's the (not-so-speical) sector times:
T1: 15.777
T2: 35.116
T3: 1:00.425

Originally posted by 95SLPZ28
heres the replay, im using the skyline, hes using rx7, it turns out that these two cars are really even in almost every way, except for one, which youll notice by the end of the race

That's a nice replay, but that's not how this competition is run. You have to sign up, and PM boombexus with your lap time. Post the sector, or "T" times here so we can get an idea how you place with the rest of us...

Originally posted by Jpec07
That's a nice replay, but that's not how this competition is run. You have to sign up, and PM boombexus with your lap time. Post the sector, or "T" times here so we can get an idea how you place with the rest of us...

oh i know, ive been a member for about 2 months or so now, i dont post all that often, i know how it works, just figured some people might find some fun watching the replay, im still working on this weeks times so havent wasted my time posting my times cause i know im off by about a second still. i know its a bit off topic but IDAFC21 didnt want to believe i can beat him, hehe, so i felt like rubbin it in just a bit :D

but like i said, ill have my times up shortly, my ps2 has to be moved back to room so i can get the times off of it.
dont worry Jpec07, im not a complete newb to this ;)

Originally posted by HunterKiller
i asked Max E. for a setup since i saw in the archives he was a very fast racer. they did'nt make my lap too much faster, but for some reason i could hit it more consistantly. my best lap now is 15.4,34.5,59.6 although i did a lap .150 faster with a 59.7 t3. it's very very loose but the rear end gets around much better now.

no problem man. glad to see you are doing well with the setup.

i also want to back up something i see GoKents hinting around and that is proving these laptimes. While i'm not running the series for now, i did some laps out of sheer boredom and due to what i ran and what i'm seeing other very fast racers run, guys running in the very very low 59 area are going to have to prove they're times for sure.

replays and/or full tech inspections will be in order after this round. everybody is innocent until proven guilty so please understand, i do not wish to engage in a witch hunt. i have been around a long time and seen alot of racing. so when guys who i have never heard of run just audacious times, they really do need to prove them. anyone questioned should not take offence by any means, infact, take it as a compliment and prove your salt. take your place among the elite because below 59.5 is insane fast. 59.1 is otherworldly.

Thanks dude, down loaded it and gonna watch it soon.

As for the race itself, is idafc actually sore about his performance?
Thats what I seem to have gathered.

Ive never even seen you before just recently Mr. 95slpz28, is that what you drive?

Any way, till Ive run a session again...cya

Thanks dude, down loaded it and gonna watch it soon.

Ive never even seen you before just recently Mr. 95slpz28, is that what you drive?

Any way, till Ive run a session again...cya

if your asking if i drive a z28, then yes, i do drive one, but im gettin rid of it in favor of a new ss. but yes, i havent posted much cause frankly, sometimes i just cant quite run with you guys, in that regard i feel like a newbie. but hey, practice makes perfect, or in my case, practice makes me come closer to your guy's split times, hehe.

I think I'm pretty much done. The good, clean laps are few and far between.

1'00.841

:P Not exactly how I would of liked to come into this competition.

I can't get better than

T1: 15.984
T2: 35.492
T3: 1'00.886

in my best clean lap, and I got this ages ago! I've been ahead of my ghost many times but then something always seems to go wrong so I guess I'l have to settle for it...:(

Originally posted by Jpec07
ok, I'm going to ask this once; how the heck are people getting times that low?
This reason might not work for you, but not too long ago some guy thought he was better than anyone else here at GTP with a fully tuned 22B on Trial Mountain. In fact his time was pretty damn fast and it took a long time to beat it. When I finally did, I ended up with a sub 1'20 time which was about 8 tenths faster than that guy. So I shamed him hehe. But what Im trying to get at is that Ive had a lot of practice with a slightly slower car on Trial Mountain, and I pretty much know how to tackle each curve to go as fast as possible. So to me this race all came down to knowing the track from a previous experience and the adaptation with the R-Tune.

And to people who have never seen me around and doubt me, all I have to say is that Ive been playing Gran Turismo since the first day it came out, but more importantly ive been playing racing games ( F1 sims ) for 8 years now. Started around the age of 13 and I am now 21. So I already knew I could be fast, and I guess I'll slowly gain your trust. And Max E., if you try hard enough you could probably be in the high 58's, so Im not from another world :P

Ok, I think one thing everyone needs to recognize is that the truest of top pros seem to be absent this week. (besides the newly established t13 lap times)

For now I can garuntee a replay... :D

After about, literally, 10 minutes of starting and reseting, changing the disc, loading the disc and switching the disc, I finally got my sharkport disc to play.

I have a replay save of my current best on my computer.

So no bs sharkport this week, like with the zzII a week or so ago.

If I do better, I will try and get a save, but if I dont, I will still submit this one.

Then you will get your answers my jpec07

Oh yeah, and slpz28,
dont worry about "keeping up."

The very first impressions of this race were based on a learning experience for many of us.

I qualified for the weekly with a mid amatuer time.

Just keep racing and you will get better.

Everyone should also remember how many racers go in strides of fast racing.

If you stick with it for four weeks, your fourth week could very well be the best of the month.

So just keep with the series, you'll be faster than you are now garunteed.

Winning on the other hand? I cant even do that in my division, so good luck is all I can say.

Oh damn...

This is it now... I just put down a 34.4/59.5 and more importantly, its as clean as a whistle...

Unfortunatly, its still not as fast as it should be.

Straight up... I tend to be conservatitive about the last section when I know Ive got a fast lap going.

Still managed to bring the overall down by .1, but thats not enough.

Ive got a spot to aim for... now I just hope I can hit it. either way... this is a keeper thats gonna be on my hardrive in almost no time at all.

Oh yeah, that 59.5 lap was on an engine with break down... the hp was at 901 when I hit the 59.5. :D

Originally posted by T13R
This reason might not work for you, but not too long ago some guy thought he was better than anyone else here at GTP with a fully tuned 22B on Trial Mountain. In fact his time was pretty damn fast and it took a long time to beat it. When I finally did, I ended up with a sub 1'20 time which was about 8 tenths faster than that guy. So I shamed him hehe. But what Im trying to get at is that Ive had a lot of practice with a slightly slower car on Trial Mountain, and I pretty much know how to tackle each curve to go as fast as possible. So to me this race all came down to knowing the track from a previous experience and the adaptation with the R-Tune.

And to people who have never seen me around and doubt me, all I have to say is that Ive been playing Gran Turismo since the first day it came out, but more importantly ive been playing racing games ( F1 sims ) for 8 years now. Started around the age of 13 and I am now 21. So I already knew I could be fast, and I guess I'll slowly gain your trust. And Max E., if you try hard enough you could probably be in the high 58's, so Im not from another world :P

no way man. i did some laps and was'nt close. even if i put in the time, i would'nt see that kind of result. the only setup i can use on cars like this is ridiculously loose and 59.1 is a no go. i did somewhere in the neighborhood of 15-20 laps AFTER the laps i used to get my setup (probably another 10 or so) and all i could manage was a 59.9. after that many laps i'm never that far from my terminal velocity. good work i must say. i surely can not win em all. these days, i can't win any. it's ok though, i had my time and now i wait for GT4 and try to be helpful to the other warriors of the wasteland.

Not sore...just pissed at the RX7's lack of torque :D If there hadnt been a long ass straight before the finish line who knows what could've happened, that was still a great race tho, and definently look forward to a rematch..whenever that may be :mischievous:

you can definently tell mine and SLP's strong and weak points in that track...he was pretty good in the beginning section of the track where-as i was stronger in the last section of the track and would reel him in real quick...but as soon as we hit the straight...well...thats a skyline's wet dream...:P

Pardon my intrusion :embarrassed: but a replay device speaks more words than a life history post , no i haven't run this combo ... and wont !
but i couldn't help replying to your unproven self glorification :) or do you have a replay device ?? if so ....:embarrassed: :embarrassed: @ me :P

I havent had a decent enough time to post until now i guess...
After much tweaking and 20 laps with the same set up I managed to pull off
1:01.463

I was using this set up:
14.0/18.7
89/105
7/10
7/10
2.5/2
.5/-1
7/7
24/24
5/5
5/5
5/5
asm/tcs 0
10%

There is still understeer if I hit the gas too hard and before the apex, but its bearable :banghead:

Originally posted by Mr P
Pardon my intrusion :embarrassed: but a replay device speaks more words than a life history post , no i haven't run this combo ... and wont !
but i couldn't help replying to your unproven self glorification :) or do you have a replay device ?? if so ....:embarrassed: :embarrassed: @ me :P
Yes I do :) In fact I posted my Xport replay save ( NTSC PS2 ) last week, and I'll do the same tomorrow :)
I wasnt trying to glorify myself.... I know I'm not the best, but 8 years of F1 and GT gaming helps! Anyhow, like you said, the replay will speak for itself :P and to people who can view the replay, they will also notice that 58's in T3 are possible. Someone like you could probably achieve it.

I just hope once this gets cleared out that I wont have people doubting me anymore ( if I can keep being fast hehe ). Sorry for popping out of nowhere! :P

Yes I do :) In fact I posted my Xport replay save ( NTSC PS2 ) last week, and I'll do the same tomorrow :)
I wasnt trying to glorify myself.... I know I'm not the best, but 8 years of F1 and GT gaming helps! Anyhow, like you said, the replay will speak for itself :P and to people who can view the replay, they will also notice that 58's in T3 are possible. Someone like you could probably achieve it.

I just hope once this gets cleared out that I wont have people doubting me anymore ( if I can keep being fast hehe ). Sorry for popping out of nowhere! :P

Shut me up good and proper 👍 :P good on ye man :embarrassed: :embarrassed:

seems you passed the P interogation with flying colours :lol:

Well shoot man!

I indeed apoligize to you t13.

Sorry to put on the heat.

I figured after a bit of thought that 59.1 could be possible being that Im in the 59.5 area. (and I really am not that fast... still just a good amatuer. In my mind atleast)

Point is... Im glad to see your playing it cool and just going with it.

Dont worry about the future, I think after a week like this, your gonna be straight for the remainder of your time at the weekly. (six month mark for the weekly was just a couple weeks back. :D )

till next time.

Ok, I just went back to the game for about 2 laps and realized Ive done my time with this race... times going in after I post this.

Great racing, and good luck to all.
I met my goal, good luck on yours. (to all of you that is)

Well shoot man!

I indeed apoligize to you t13.

Sorry to put on the heat.

I figured after a bit of thought that 59.1 could be possible being that Im in the 59.5 area. (and I really am not that fast... still just a good amatuer. In my mind atleast)

Point is... Im glad to see your playing it cool and just going with it.

Dont worry about the future, I think after a week like this, your gonna be straight for the remainder of your time at the weekly. (six month mark for the weekly was just a couple weeks back. :D )

till next time.

Ok, I just went back to the game for about 2 laps and realized Ive done my time with this race... times going in after I post this.

Great racing, and good luck to all.
I met my goal, good luck on yours. (to all of you that is)
Hehe, hey its no problem Kent. You are not that far off my T3 which is more of a 59.2 not 59.1, and with a good last sector who knows? Im glad to see you have achieved your goal.. unfortunately for me, the more I watch my replay the more I think I could go a little faster but it would be too frustrating to achieve, and like you I decided I had enough of this awhile ago.

So good luck to all, and good racing.. even though the deadline is approaching quickly.

Edit: I think I should change my name to "tier" like its supposed to be. Its german for beast ( or animal :confused: ). This way people wont forget the R after the T13 hehe.

@BlazingDragon - Told ya you'd catch up soon enough :cool:

I been outta town ever since GTP came back up, so haven't run much lately, but when I left I was running consistent T3s of 59.7, so hopefully I can knock a couple more tenths off now that I'm well-rested. Running outta time though ;)

Originally posted by eggmann
@BlazingDragon - Told ya you'd catch up soon enough :cool:

I been outta town ever since GTP came back up, so haven't run much lately, but when I left I was running consistent T3s of 59.7, so hopefully I can knock a couple more tenths off now that I'm well-rested. Running outta time though ;)

Thanks - though I'm not quite in the big league yet :lol:
I even used a slightly modified of your "crazy" settings...
I've already submitted my time, but might just have one last go tonight before bed... I panic braked at the chicane on my clean lap (I was so afraid of messing it up) so my overall lap time probably isn't as good as my T3 suggests...:(

Back