Weekly Race Series, Week 52

• Thread starter boombexus
  • 187 comments
I see you like the 787 better than the mini then CFM ;) :P

Oh and I 3rd the opinion on the touch zone also.

Originally posted by lotus350
I see you like the 787 better than the mini then CFM ;) :P

Yea, that was the only round of TORC 11 I wish I could''ve done better on...I sucked that week:eek: :D

Bit late posting my setup but here it is anyway.

Springs: 10/20
Height: 85/85
Bound: 10/10
Rebound: 10/10
Camber: 2.0/3.5
Toe: 0/2
Stabs: 4/4
Brakes: 18/13
LSD: 5/20/5

For gears i used gear trick,
Final @ 3.400
Auto: 24

DF: 1/1.25
ASM: 0
TCS: 3

I think i might be finished but i will give it another go tommorow, T2: 55.4

That's unfortunate. So it seems I do not have a clean save and therefore nothing that can be submitted.

Thanks for clearing this up. See you next week.

Originally posted by zer0h
I think i might be finished but i will give it another go tommorow, T2: 55.4

Great job zer0h, it looks like it may be up to who got through the end section the fastest:mischievous:

Unless Iforce comes back with a 54.9 :lol:

That's unfortunate. So it seems I do not have a clean save and therefore nothing that can be submitted.

That almost gave me a heart attack :)

I went back and checked my replay because I wasn't concerning myself with that curb.... I don't hit it.... but I come extremely close. I lucked out because I wasn't even thinking about not hitting that one.

I feel for you oliver, my lap could just as easily have been out this week.

Yep, thats what its upto and i think i didnt do a very good job of it :( I think ill only just squeeze onto a podium spot this week :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Anyway, well see what i can come up with tommorow ;)

T1 20.474
T2 56.550

Using the Iforce setting. I have a slightly faster lap, however, I am not sure if the officals would call it clean, I would or else I would'nt be concerned, but since I can not submit a replay. :rolleyes:

Probably will not take more laps since I just don't have the time to play the game during the week.

Also, I could not use those gear settings Iforce, the adjustments would not allow me to set the gears to those exact specifications.

Originally posted by Redline Fox
T1 20.474
T2 56.550

Also, I could not use those gear settings Iforce, the adjustments would not allow me to set the gears to those exact specifications.

Good job, but the gear thing...
Iforce set up his autoslider/final drives one way and Im thinking you didn't follow the same pattern of final drive ratio & auto slider adjustments.

Anyway, Ive got to run, but have more to say... back in 1/2 hour.

hmph well i put it more time on this race than on all of my other weekly's combined just to get 1 clean lap and now that i have what i think is a good lap (its clean so its good) i am done and am submitting my time

T1: 20.969
T2: 58.134

Oh, the joy of finding 2 seconds in this pinball machine... :banghead:

Anyway, had some fun with it yesterday:
T1 : 22.809
T2 : 1'02.415

My replay looks so clean, sleek and fast, I am really proud of it. This makes me wonder more and more how did you guys get T2's of 55 seconds? I have a lot to learn I guess.

I don't know if my times will hold up in devision 3, but I think this will be my submission lap. I can not do it faster without getting dirty, and I don't have much time left to get in a good hour's worth of pinballing ehrm, racing I mean.

Interesting question:
My lap time according to the "load game" screen is <minute>'<seconds>.394, but when I watch the replay, the car crosses the finish line and it briefly says <minute>'<seconds>.360 on the screen. Is this normal, and if so, which time is the one you guys submit? The green numbers in the replay or the record time as specified in the file details?

Originally posted by Rolfje
Interesting question:
My lap time according to the "load game" screen is <minute>'<seconds>.394, but when I watch the replay, the car crosses the finish line and it briefly says <minute>'<seconds>.360 on the screen. Is this normal, and if so, which time is the one you guys submit? The green numbers in the replay or the record time as specified in the file details?

Hi Rolfje:
:D Check here: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/show...502&perpage=20&highlight=analyzer&pagenumber= Post #93 for my thoughts on what you're witnessing. "Famine" could probably give you a more acurate answer. ...UB57 :D

Got a late start this week, like a half-hour ago. Used some midfield settings I had saved, put in IFV8's tranny, and have T2's in the 57's. Not hard to get a clean lap for me, but obviously my settings are leaning too much toward stability and not enough toward speed.
I'll hafta try some of the settings posted here when the All-Star game is over and see if I can do better.

I hate to do this, but I ran a slow, clean lap, to get something to submit and even it has close spots. :rolleyes:

PBs: 19.688/54.718 for reference

Who gets the PM? boom or Kent.

Okay, so I need to post the time indicated by the file info (the longer time), and not the one from the analyser and/or the on-screen replay finish-line time.

No problem, the difference probably won't do me any good, I'm biting dust in this one :(

Time submitted (to boom) with 20.609 / 56.708.

I watched the Senna-video and got some new lines to couple turns. Thanks for posting that up. 👍 Good luck and see you in the next weeks race!

Found some extra hours to make some extra laps. Chipped off some time, but MAN is this hard. I actually ran a T2 1'00.9xx, but it was dirty.

My submission:
T1 21.508
T2 1'02.419

The T2 is actually a slower time than my last post, but the finish time is better. If I could do that 1'00.9xx trick again with T2, but clean, I could eat 2 seconds off my lap easily.

I wish I had an Xport to see the replays of guys doing T2's under a minute.

I get the feeling that this track needs a wheel. I can not pin-point the car close to the wall (reliably) without hitting it. My DS2 does not understand me :P

Maybe it's interesting to see if wheels make winners in the submission list.

Alright guys, I figured I would let everyone know where I stand right now.

Kept lap: 56.1
best lap: 55.5

Saw some 19.??? pretty often, but never capitalized on one.

As for submitting... I don't think I am. My rule as of a few weeks back was that I will not turn in an official time if I don't have a replay to go with it. And since Im not gonna bother hooking up the sharkport, Im not gonna submit.

I just might come back and post an un-official time, but it doesn't matter, as most of the sharkport pros already know where I stand...

Just didn't take the time to really run this week. I would say I had about 4 sessions to get my race down, and that just wasn't enough.

Anyway, good luck racers...

And I want to make an announcement.
Keep an eye out for the new race. The thread will be posted tonight 1 hour earlier than the previous standard. I will explain more in the thread, till then... later. :D

I dont think the new owner of the WRS is going to cut the deadline short for this race - just that he might have a trick up his sleeve for the next one ???

no matter, I just sent my time to Boom. I've been coming down with something since last week and it hit me like a ton of bricks today. I sat down at my PS2 and tried 5 laps and can barely keep the car on the road and am +15 secs slower...my reflexes aren't the best right now and a spinning head/fever doesn't help.

submitted time
T1 20.8
T2 57.6

I have my x-port now and if I can figure out the REALLY lame Datel software (not to metnion my complication of running windoze XP via Virtual PC on my Mac) I will post up my replay. I'm real proud of this one and have analyzed it to death to make sure it is clean, which it is!!!!

Yeah, tonight the deadline is still the normal time.
2am est. 1am cst. 12am boom time. :D

Good luck racers, I will be back with the race at around 12am my time. 6am gmt.
Till then, later. :D

6am GMT ? That means I'll be able to at least have a look before I go to work !! Lets not have a rally as the first race Kent !

Well looks like I won't be submitting a time for this week after all.

3 sessions in total, tried 4 different set ups tonight alone and still no clean lap to submit! So I'm calling it a day with this combo. First time ever a combo has gotten the better of me, but I have no more patience for it :banghead:

I'll be back tomorrow, see what Kent has in store for us :D

One last thing.... I HATE MONACO!!!! :irked:

Back