Weekly Race Series, Week 52

• Thread starter boombexus
  • 187 comments
Rule Clarification Please:

I'm just wondering whether the red and white curbing on the inside of the tight hairpin (shortly after the T1) is considered to be a wall or a rumblestrip. Does brushing against this curb DQ the run?

Scuderia229-The R390 is the faster car,the extra 200 hp and better balance are big advantages.I did about 10 laps in the R390 last night and got within .1 sec of my 787B lap.

CFM-Yeah i have been around the block more than a few times here.:cool:

Max-:cheers:

HareTurtle-Although that probably is a curb the fastest line around the Grand hairpin is to stay wide.Attack the turn from the far right like a WRC driver would a hairpin in a tarmac rally.Start your turn-in at the beginning of the red/white curb on the right side.Ive found the best way to do this is to drop into 1st gear and slide the back around,grab 2nd quickly on exit to accel out.

Originally posted by HareTurtle
Rule Clarification Please:

I'm just wondering whether the red and white curbing on the inside of the tight hairpin (shortly after the T1) is considered to be a wall or a rumblestrip. Does brushing against this curb DQ the run?

Using the kerb there is fine. But you have to be aware that inside the kerb is another one of GT3's much vaunted "invisible walls" - which will deflect your car and reduce your speed. So therefore a wall tap.

Well, in MY opinion anyway...

Thanks for the answers IForceV8 and Famine. I usually follow the line suggested by IForce, but for a while, my best lap had me riding up slightly over that curb at the apex. I'm not sure if I made it to the "invisible wall". It's a moot point for me now since I've run a faster clean lap, but I thought it was kind of a grey area in the rules, and that we should all be clear on what's allowed.

Backward progress on the T2, up to 58.9, but brought the lap time down .2. There's a lot of time to be lost and found between T2 and the finish.

whew!!

Thanks for the tips on the toe settings gokents. Now that I have negative and positive figured out, the car doesn't slide on me... imagine that.

Anyway, I think I just ran the time I'm going to submit. This track is frustrating. Every time I see a good T2 I either get too conservative or hit the FREAKING WALL!!!

:)

Edit: Car still slides, but not like it used to.

T1 21.3
T2 58.5
ends in my fastest CLEAN lap. I made all the lost time from t1 and t2 up in the last few corners before the start/finish line. BUT1 it is a clean lap and a good starting point to cut at least another .5 off.

My best sectors tonight were
T1 20.3 (clean sector 1, blew T2)
T2 57.4 - with a 20.5 T1 (clean up to the T2 line but then due to my shock at such a fast sector I blew the entry into "la rascasse" and spun and had a pinball like moment getting out)

I'm using the Mr. P MR settings as a base tonight (see I'm being more open) and after some laps I tweaked out said settings to fit my driving style (softer springs slightly, softer sway bars, more camber, different gear ratio more TCS)...so it has a basis in Mr. P settings but has moved into my own deal I guess.

Now if I could put those times together in a fully clean lap with my last sector I would be a happy man.

I am finding this week frustrating but I'm not annoyed. Last week I was frustrated AND annoyed becuase I saw people's sector times and couldn't for the life of me figure out how they were getting them...no matter how hard I tried. This week I see T1s of 20.3 and T2s of 57.x and see how they are done. I have a car setup I like now and all I need to do it nail a tight lap that hits all my marks. I'm not saying I CAN do it but I think I can...not like last week when I knew I was done midweek.

Oh ya that Senna MPG rocked. I had never seen that particular one. That was when the real Monte was alot closer to the GT3 monte and given the vintage of F1 cars in GT3 you can compre your lap times to Senna's (though remember in GT3 "Sainte Devote" is different - faster in real life I think - "Mirabeau" is slightly different, faster in GT3 and the tunnel straight is slightly different not sure if the GT3 or real one is faster and the "nouvelle chicane" in real life is alot more forgiving, you can take more curb in the real one....)

Anyway watching the Senna clip gave me my new (and MUCH faster) line into "Tabac"....

:-)

Damn. I really wanted to download that Senna video, but it's a half hour on dial-up! :( Maybe I'll give it a try while I'm sleeping. :rolleyes:

set it to download at night, it is worth it for the in car angle of driving the Monaco circuit AND the fact it is in car with Senna setting a fast lap.....

;)

I thought I was really flying, until I saw Senna doing it... :P :lol:

What's funny is, that after the left hairpin after T1, Senna has exactly the same problem as I have. You see him hit the throttle, and the car breaks out, he countersteers. I am (not knowingly) following the same line as he is, from the hairpin into the tunnel. So that line is the right one.

Now I have to carefully study where I can find the other 10 seconds or so I am missing. :irked:

Really keeps amazing me that GT3 proves to be so realistic.

Did some more laps last night with my own setup, lot harder to get clean laps but i think its faster. Seen some amazing T2's. 55.3 and 55.0 :eek:

Got a clean save but then forgot to save it, was .400 faster at finish. I think im losing alot of time in the last sector so ill have to fix that up.

Glad you all liked the video.

The laps are getting cleaner and faster, but not fast and clean. I've seen T2s in the high 57s with annoying little touches on the outside wall exiting turns.
I'm now trying zen heart rate control to keep it together through the last 1/3 of the course. :)

Damn piece of **** memory card or game screwed up and wouldn't allow me to access the save screen. Oh, Zer0h, it turns out I had T5s on, I think. I had suspected it did not have the right tires. Anyways, my 787B has 964 hp and was run with Iforce's setting modified. My best T1 is 20.407. My times for the lap I couldn't save: 20.806/57.338. So I'm hoping for a sub 57 T2, assuming it'll let me save. I guess I did something to make it unsavable.

I've seen a t1 at low 20 and low 58 for t2. This week is proving difficult for me because the car is so quick, last week in the Beemer if you messed up that was the lap over but this week its so quick that you can often make back the time lost if you have a bad corner.

That only leads me to believe that I can go quicker all the way through the lap !

Then theres the issue of the damn walls - Im sure they get tighter each time you run a lap.

Like Scuderia I sometimes get a good lap then blow it right at the last two turns cos I'm in a frenzy about the speed of my lap so far !!

Either racing line or GT3Times

The R390 and the GT-One seem to be a bit quicker than the 787b.

Is there a more popular or official one or is it just a case of seeing which one I like best ?? I want my name up there on some of the lap times and dunno which one to use ??

I think they are both non-official. If you want your time on those lists, submit to both :)

Don't forget to submit your 787 time for this week OLR!

FINALLY! I already have a clean lap, I'm not sure if I can improve this(not because I cant be faster, it's because my patience is at almost at 0%), and the T1 is 20.2 and the T2 is around the 56.5 if I remember well :)

although I didn't like that much from T2 to the finish line, wasn't that good.

Originally posted by BigJamesGTI
last week in the Beemer if you messed up that was the lap over but this week its so quick that you can often make back the time lost if you have a bad corner.

That only leads me to believe that I can go quicker all the way through the lap !

That's exactly what it means and why, some weeks, my submitted times are less than fulfilling.

I'll have another go at this combo, after a little shut-eye.
Hopefuly, a clean lap will make an appearance.

Originally posted by Talentless
Damn piece of **** memory card or game screwed up and wouldn't allow me to access the save screen.
I've noticed an odd quirk with the replay saves in free run. If you change the settings after a lap, you will no longer be able to save the replay. I guess this is disallowed to avoid putting settings that weren't actually used into the replay save. The odd part is that if you run a lap, then change the settings, and then run more laps, you will not be able to save a replay unless a lap you run after the settings change is faster than the fastest lap you ran before the change. So if you ran a dirty x:30.000, then changed settings and ran a clean x:30.001, you would not be able to get to the SAVE menu. Don't know if this applied in your case Talentless, but I thought I'd mention it as a possible explanation, and a caution to others.

I'm doing plenty of testing for this one as I'm currently running the Monaco Enduro in the 787B. :P All I have to do after the race is buy a stage 1 turbo and I'll be set. ;)

More laps, another .6 off my best time in a clean lap. More fast sectors follwed by pinball moments. Two more days left. My goal time seems reachable this week. I changed my approach. Dialed in setting a Thursday night and have been just running those lap after lap instead of making changes lap after lap. It's proving to be faster.

Also got a little GT4P in tonight as well, got 3 more golds for lessons I have bene working on and I think those lessons helped me with car control and "braking into turns" for my GT3 weekly...

good stuff. It's 4am and I need sleep, my wife went to bed hours ago.

Drove my thumbs raw.
25 saves and all but a handful are dirty.
Best clean is 20.1/55.9
It looks promising, but that last section is a bugger (I've always had trouble with it).
Using a IFV8 variant
7.0/6.0
115/55
10/10
10/10
2.0/1.0
0.0/2.0
1/1

24/22

5/30/5
the rest is the same, except TCS1

On another note. I received an email from some guy running in an OLR and was asking about my Castrol Supra @ RomeII lap.
He tells me that there is a guy on his board that posted a T2 (in a Castrol) that is 2.2secs. faster than my Denso lap, but the total is slower.
39.9 NFW
42.1 my Denso
42.4 my Castrol
It looks like he just fabricated the lap in his mind. :odd:

no clean laps for me until this morning.
T1 20.771
T2 58.059

CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN !!

I wasnt that much quicker than my unclean save but still it was quicker and it was clean. Hopefully that should see me somewhere near the top of div 2 ???

originally posted by rolfje

Don't forget to submit your 787 time for this week OLR!

never !!! If I did it would have been a waste of many hours and many KM's !

I've decided to have a crack at this weeks WRS, the idea of running a full-spec Mazda around such a tight course appeals to my sense of the ridiculous.

After a very long hiatus it would appear that I'm registered for Division 1 and Division 2. Is this a clerical error, or am I suffering from multiple personality disorder :confused:

Anyway our best times are 20.512, 55.938 using slight modifications to the setup IforceV8 posted earlier in this thread. It's not easy however. With the rear ride height set at 55 and the front at 115 we are having difficulty seeing anything but sky over the bonnet (that's the hood to the Americans).

I havem´t drive this since the day before yesterday. I think that I´ll be at the bottom of Div2 this week. Tomorrow I´ll drive more.

Still no clean lap for me yet :embarrassed: best T2 I've seen is 56.9 :rolleyes:

Edit: been seeing sectors of 20.2 ( my best) and 56.1 only 1 touch per lap now :)

There is a cutout at the exit from the right-hander immediately following the T2 mark. It looks as it was put there as a small relief. Is it okay to touch this area? I have highlighted the area in question.

Attachments

• go-no-go.jpg
    go-no-go.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 80
Actually odp,

I'm sorry to say it, but in my opinion, that is not an alright spot.

When you slow down and take a good look at it, it is a curb, however, unlike the other curbs in the game, you can't ride up onto this one.

If you hit the curb in a way that would take you onto it, an invisible wall stops you from going up onto the curb.

So in my opinion, since you can't go up onto the curb...

No you may not touch that curb.

After taking a good look at it I feel this is the right choice.

However, since I am in a new position here, I want anyone who wishes, to take a ride, slowly approach and hit the curb.
Then give your opinion.

I might not change my mind, but atleast I will listen. :D

I've always considered that spot a no-touch zone as well, just to throw my opinion out there...

Anyway I plugged in the Iforce V8 settings and now have a clean save of 20.2 / 55.3 :D

See you at the finish line:D

Back