Weekly Race Series, Week 7 - Astranomical

• Thread starter boombexus
  • 131 comments
Well oddly my tcs thing is picking up...

Not that I invented it or anything, but I remember mentioning that the ego killer was the way to go and now I want to know from everyone using tcs...

Are your times improving?

I keep my tcs at 5 but Im moving it to 4 after a few laps just to see the difference.

I am luckily puting in some good times, but as I type my game is loading, so it is more than likely that I will be back with new times...

You see, Im sober and its the middle of the day. That is when I get to do good racing and not the shanty crap that comes during a bender at 2 am.

Talk to you guys when Im done...

Oh yea, thanks RER for the input... now, are you gonna be racing?

catch you later.

LOL,... doubtful,.. but on your point abot TCS.

I use as little as possible,... but you need it sometimes. Many people will see their traction as OK,. but if you look carefully in some of the higher speed corners on your replays in high powered cars,... even if the car is under control, the tires will most often spin in the corners,... resulting in a loss of cornering and exit speed.

Going too high will result in poor accelleration from low speed corners.

Originally posted by GoKents

I keep my tcs at 5 but Im moving it to 4 after a few laps just to see the difference.

i tewsted this on the 400m sprint-
tcs 5 - good accel
tcs 4 - better accel
tcs 3 - same as 5
tcs 2 - slower accel
tcs 1 - slower still(slight wheelspin)
tcs 0 - massive wheelspin but once on the move accel is good

ARRRRRGGGGG i was on a blinder of a lap just now had a .T2 47.236..T3 1'03.759 then the blasted schicane near the end of the lap screwed things up for me
So no new fast lap from that run :(

But now i know i can get decent splits it's just holding the lap together :irked:

Just now, once again, I have put down a 47.0.

47.031 to be exact and I am confident that it is the best I can do...

I have one piece of major advice for everyone...

DONT WATCH FOR THE T3 TIMES!!!!

Every time I have done that, I have ruined my lap.

So now it is a quick glance to see if Im in the 1.03 or 1.04 range.

Anyway...

I think Im just gonna turn in the time I made with my 47.031... it was killer.

I also want to throw out my settings if anyone is interested...

12/15
75/75
8/10
8/10
3.0/1.0
2.0/2.0
7/7

14/14

31 (no tranny trick, just moving it from stock to 31)

df max
asm 0
tcs... 5 (thats right, 5)

Good luck to everyone... I know this car is a beast to control, but once you get it down, she is one fast motha.

==========================
Edit:

I just wanted to give you guys an idea of what kind of speeds Im putting down here and there...

On a bad lap:

T1 17.1

Then on the same lap...

T2 of 47.1

When this first started, I would get a 17.1 with a T2 that was 48.0

That is roughly the kind of timing that Im putting down now.

On every section, Im loosing time compared to what I thought was the fastest possible.

Of course, I still havent matched the lap that was a 47.0.

It was with no doubt far too fast for me to beat.

I also want to note that the fast part of my record lap was the second half where I gained emmense time on the original record lap.

I also suggest everyone uses the vertigo and gets a ghost with that.

I easily matched the times of mr.p in his astra with my vertigo. (just the car)

Then I used that as a guide for getting faster laps.

However, I still cant keep up with that sucker.

=============
edit...

I just got done with another session that provided an angle of encouragment and research.

While chasing my vertigo, I put down a 47.3 that came within less than .3 of my record lap...

So now I know for sure that I can do better than my record lap.

After comparing the record lap and the "close to record lap," I can confidently say that my time can go down another .1

However, I also want to mention that I put down a crap lap that had a t2 of 46.9.

So there once again I know that I can lose another .1.

This is encouraging and dissapointing at the same time.

On one hand I know there is more to shoot for, on the other hand I know that my hyped "great time" wasnt all that great.

Oh well.

Talk to you all soon... and for real...

Chase your vertigo if you can, these two are so close that it serves in an excellent way.

Well i dont know what I did today, but after messin around w/ my settings a little more i managed to pull off a new best T2 of 47.9 and a new best lap that was .800 seconds better then my previous save! So that was a nice surprise. My t1's however are still pretty poor...usually its in the 17.2 range, if im lucky i can get a 17.1, and ive only managed a 17.0 once or twice. Is this good? bad? i just can not find a good line and speed to smoothly get me through that first turn....

this car sure is loose in the caboose! fun though I didnt check my t2 time too busy tryin to keep in control. I cant seem to find the magic number for tcs. ive been using 3, 4 seems like too much , for me anyway. ps who decides whether someone is an active member snior member is it by number of posts, can someone let me know.
tks:D

@ Stevo357 You get Active/senior members status when you have a certain amount of post's..But i can't honestly remember how many exactly it's been that long :P

can we please have a rally race??? swiss alps with the impreza?? come on it would be fun!! anyway if not a rally gt40 race car at cote !!:)

Originally posted by stevo357
can we please have a rally race??? swiss alps with the impreza?? come on it would be fun!! anyway if not a rally gt40 race car at cote !!:)

Rally at Swiss Alps ! Nah Mr P would kill us :irked: What's up with a mini at Tahiti Maze :confused: :P :D

GT40 at Cote! :eek: no thankyou!! :irked: :irked:

just to make u guys feel better i will say this ..... my tcs is on 8 :D ;)

i'll post my set up if anyone requires it but it's still needing some work , i've only had 1 session on it so far and will run it seriously over the weekend :cool:

as for the swiss alps thing :odd: best to skip that one .. i'll kill u all with my eyes closed :mischievous: i've got more tt8 time spent than any other test , u gotta be a daisy to nail me in the suby at swiss alps :P

any daisies out there ? :lol:

laters

I bet i could whoop your ass big style on the rallies :lol: :P :irked:Eat my dust J.K who am i kidding :lol:

Still no improvement on my last times (I HATE THIS CAR) oops said that allready:P
I reckon my times gonna suck ass but i don't care :P

Originally posted by stevo357

I can guarantee you right now that the Suby at Swiss Alps is a race you will never race as a weekly series race. Mr.P would annihilate us.

:embarrassed: :embarrassed: jeez guys i'm blushing :D everyone has a certain test that they are really effective at be it a certain license , time trial or F1 circuit or something else ... my TT8 time was after very many momo hours and i'm happy that there is only a couple of guys anywhere faster than me , but like i say i earned it many , many hours

ok enough of that though a guy can get really embarrased with over glorifying :P

so Mr H ... u running this astra ?:mischievous:

Originally posted by IDAFC21
My t1's however are still pretty poor...usually its in the 17.2 range, if im lucky i can get a 17.1, and ive only managed a 17.0 once or twice. Is this good? bad? i just can not find a good line and speed to smoothly get me through that first turn....

It took me forever to get below 17.3 ... What I figured out is that I had to let the car coast through the first half of the corner (wide entry, taking a bit of a late-apex line), staying in 3rd. My best T1 so far has been 16.8xx. On average though, it's 17.0. :cool:

Unfortunately, I've been too busy to participate in these races the past several weeks. I'm bummed that I missed some GREAT cars! I'm still buried, but I can't pass up a rare chance to race the Astra in OLR! It's one of my favorites in the game.

I ran a few laps last night to get a feel for the car with this much 'go' (I usually only race it with the Stage 2 Tune-Up @ 699 hp). There is still much work to do on the setup, but I was running TCS at 3. Most notably demonstrated by Mr. P above, decreasing the potential for wheel spin will most likely bring quicker times. If I raise my TCS, however, I'll have to rethink my LSD strategy.

After a handful of laps, my best T2 is 47.1xx, best T3 is 104.2xx.

Good to be back!
Prost! :cheers:

16.6??
46.7??
1.02.8??

and final lap that is just over .3 below my record.

All because Im chasing my vertigo.

I actually beat the vertigo to the t1 time...

Slightly behind at t2

and t3 slightly behind again...

Final time was behind the vertigo by about .3/4

I gotta say... with mr p getting in a 46.5, I know he/you can get lower than a 1.02.9

Its almost scary to see 46.5 up there.

Im still not gonna let up though...

does it matter if Mr P wins?? Someone is going to win. Its about having fun. I know I wont win in my class but just maybe... if we dont try we will never get better.:confused: its all about the love!! Love of the game not who comes in 1st. Maybe its just me.:banghead: Any way I would like a rally doesnt matter which rally car or track (as long as it is a rally car not a mini!!!) have fun play safe!!

Originally posted by Mr P

so Mr H ... u running this astra ?:mischievous:

Haven't started yet.
I don't know if i will either. I think i can make a few runs during the weekend.

BTW, where is Boom? I know he has a personal life and a busy workschedule, but besides this thread, i haven't heard from him in a while. No T2's, no raceresults of his own, not even on Yahoo.

Boom, where are ya, mate?!?

I gave this a spin last nite.

God this car is a pisser.

with that second to last corner....it slides all over the place.

TIP:get good exit speed out of the last corner to improve your lap time by quite a bit.

I better get cracking...just rego'd today....

Havnt even got that car..... Had a ps2 for a week now.....Oh how i luv it... And gt3 is a killer of a game.. I had lost my faith after gt2, but now im back with some woopin to do....

Newbie question here guys...

Whats T2 and T3?
Its prolly somethin really simple hey...

Cheers
WSSSUP

Originally posted by made in holland

BTW, where is Boom? I know he has a personal life and a busy workschedule, but besides this thread, i haven't heard from him in a while. No T2's, no raceresults of his own, not even on Yahoo.

Boom, where are ya, mate?!?

Hey Mischa!

I'm still alive. ;) Work has just been kickin my butt these past few weeks. I have barely had anytime to do anything. But ski season will be ending here in a few more weeks so that means business at the hotel will fall off dramatically. THANK GAWD!!!

I would like to appologize to everyone for my lack of participation, but works just killin me at the moment. Only a few more weeks though.

originally posted by WSSSUP
Whats T2 and T3?

T2's and T3's are the split times that you will see while watching the replay of your race.
We discuss these times so that you may get a comparison of how you are doing against other racers without giving away your full lap time.

i'm pulling out ! have fun guys ;) cant be arsed :P and rally is sidetracking me :mischievous:

Back