Weekly Race Series, Week - 8, Rally round the family.

• Thread starter boombexus
  • 177 comments
59.869 :D :D
1'21.681 :D :D:D

Now I'm waaaay below my target time :mischievous: Can't believe I'm doing this on the wheel! :D Changed my style a bit also ...now doing most of the hairpins in 2nd, and it's paying off :cool:

Jimeez your set up works perfect for me 👍 the gears were easy to get also ...all I done was... reset my gearbox ...then put the final down to min ... auto to 39 ( max) then final back up and then gears 1-6

Deadline is 16 hours or so ;)

Not sure if I'll have time to improve on this one, it will be tough!

Originally posted by IDAFC21
i decided to give jimeez settings a try and managed to pull a new best lap w/ these times
59.4 (my best so far)
1'20.8(DEFINENTLY my best so far)

I have put some of Jimeez's (many thanks) settings on my Delta and acheived a new best lap

32.3xx
59.4xx
1'20.8xx

This is looking a bit on the close side IDAFC21. I've seen a 32.1 T1, so theres still room for improvement.

Jimeez, the deadline is midnight tonight, Mountain Standard Time.

Whoo hoooo he finaly does it :D *smug* :D
32.467 :D
59.514 :D
1'21.406 :D

and i held it well through the last sector ..I is a happy chappy :) not bad for being behind a few days ..

Nicely done Kelly knew you would get a nice result 👍 2nd gear seems to work well for me also ..

Now it's a sprint for the line ...Can't wait to see the results

jimeez transplanted your damper and stabiliser settings to my own which worked wonders ..cheers again mate ;)

our settings are similar except im running harder springs and higher ride height..

JEEEEEEEZE PEOPLE:
:D I load up JIMEEZ Setting (THANX & WELCOME ABOARD 👍 ) try them out for 1/2 hour & prepare to post kinda proud of my new sector times & "'Gate" & "P-man" show up with SUPERIOR TIMES!!! Seriously guys, GREAT TIMES & you too LOTUS350, glad to see you make the "Wheel @ Rallye" transition. My new best & probably final after 10 laps w/Jimeez set-up:

T1.....32.449
T2.....59.625 (FINALLY!!!)
T3..1.21.620
Finish...-.7xx from my previous best & a LOT quicker than I ever imagined.

BTW: Would like to hear times from anyone else running AT/"Blue" WHEEL combo. (Have a MOMO inbound so perhaps I'll be able to use Manual FINALLY!!!...UB57
:D

My times are done with DS2 and AUTO i know i know :rolleyes: don't slag me off :lol:
I can use manual in certain circumstances but find it hard to concentrate on all these variables at once..

I don't have a wheel but would so love to try one out to see what i could do with it ..

BTW UB57 not bad not bad at all 👍 looks like its gonna be a 3 way scrap for the finnish..:)Best of the rest so to speak

I seriously doubt i will get a sub 1'20...

I got home from work today to find out kelly had moved from 1.3 secs behind my save to .2 using Jimeez set up :irked:

had a few laps myself then :D using the set up ( D-pad MT ) and i like 👍

best save so far ...
32.123 / 59.226 / 1.20.770

took a rounded off sec of my best time , i have a bad end section but i'll leave it at that , submitting now

thanx for the set Jimeez :cool:

Originally posted by Mr P
best save so far ...
32.123 / 59.226 / 1.20.770

🤬 🤬 🤬 Looks like its back to the drawing board. Im really tryin my best to win another one for amatuers here but you pros sure are making it difficult!!! :P

Very nice Ron 👍 i've just sent in my time also don't think i will run any more laps (my thumbs hurt):ouch: :lol: unless i find that im being pushed to try for more time :)

See yoose at the finnish ;)

well ive got good news and bad news. the good news is ive broken the 31 second t1 barrier (31.9, but still :D ) on the same lap i also pulled a 59.3 t2, my best yet. But after seeing those 2 times together i got so jumpy i couldnt hold it together for the rest of the lap and wound up w/ a lousy 1'21.8 T3 time. It was a clean lap and everything and was SLIGHTY better than my previous best lap so i saved it, but man...if i coulda held it together and pulled out a 1'20.XXX T3 time, i woulda declared myself officially done and sent my time in :banghead: looks like ive still got some racing to do, but i dont know how im gonna pull those times together again.

*EDIT* Alright now im gettin pissed off, ive got a new best time again, but THIS time its my t1 time thats horrible, 32.5. and my other times were 59.4 and 1'20.8 , so those were pretty respectable, but i dont know how i got a t1 time like that. the very next lap after that one i pulled i think a 32.3 t1, 59.1 T2, and i think a 1'20.8 t3, but my overall lap time was about .006 slower cuz i couldnt keep it together around a couple turns :( I just wanna put it all together in one lap!! is that too much ask?? hehe

*EDIT AGAIN* Well thats it, i think im done for now at least. Ive got a new best lap w/ these times: 32.3/59.2/1'20.6 Thats probably about as good as im gonna get, but my nerves are too shot to play anymore right now. haha. man if i could put all my all time best sector times together 31.9/59.1/1'20.6 i'd have one awesome lap, but oh well. I may or may not be able to get some last minute runs in later on tonight before the deadline, but in case i dont im certainly not disappointed w/ the time ive got now. good luck to everyone, this is gonna be really close!!

hurry up and end this week!!!!! I'm killing to start my first run with the next weeks competition.....any word on what it's gonna be? anyway GL all hope to be competative whether it's 2nd or 2nd last...:P

time sent. just tried to do a few more runs but it wasnt happening. times for the lap sent 32.3/59.2/1'20.6 Now i gotta go to a friends place and see if we can recover my hard drive that crashed last week. Hopefully i'll be back before the deadline to try some last minute runs, but if not at least ive got my time in. almost there!

Hey Guys & Gal:
:D Know it's a little late for advice, but if anyone else is having trouble on the Tarmac section w/JIMEEZ settings, try adding VCD. I kept adding in small doses & ended up back @ my favorite 50%. Was SLIGHTLY slower @ T1,2 & 3, but almost .2xx quicker @ the finish line!!! GOOD NITE ALL...UB57
:D

I need that week nine lovin'

So give it to me please... (growing ever more impatient)

Ha ha j/k.

Take all the time you want... I just appreciate the series being here period.

Oh yea... of of the drivers here need to get off their "life having butts" and put down some times next week.

The turn out of submitted times vs the regestered amount of drivers is horrible.

So lets get to it fellas...

Of course, if your reading this, your someone who puts in time and with that in mind... sorry.

How about we all take a random name or two from the qualified drivers list and do some PM's.

Maybe they all just forgot?!

Ahhh, who am I kidding?

See ya in week nine fellas... ladies too of course.

wel, i made the mistake of trying this out.

what gears does waste gate use?
what should my speeds and gears in corners be?

oh, i'm now almost sure of it.
i have a nervous reaction to the game: i burp repeatedly and
loudly.
perhaps when or if i can get the gas down, i can try again.

i envy you guys. :(

as i currently drive, gate's set up doesn't kick the rear out enough for me, and has push on exit. what tires are being used?

Talentless, your Delta came with Dirt tires as standard. Dirt tires are automatically selected when you run on any of the Rally courses.

My final settings were (somewhat different to what I'd been running before)
12/12
75/75
10/10
1/10
4/3
-2/2
1/7
18/24
5/5/5
5/5/5
4.568/3.006/2.512/2.131/1.731/1.405
0.74/0.91
VCD 10

With these settings, 3rd gear is low enough for the first sequence of hairpins.

if they are auto, then does that mean that if i equip t10s the actual tires on the delta would still be dirt? and does the fact that dirt tires aren't even shown in my inventory matter?

Originally posted by Talentless
4/3=camber?

Errm, :embarrassed: yes. But keep it quiet.

As for the tires, whenever you run on dirt with any car, the dirt tires override the selected tires for that run. They are not shown in your inventory - ever.

i'm in the 1:53's in this, not to good, but i think my lines were wide. i'm 2 sec. slow for the first portions but then lose more time. alot of it is due to the car's tendency to push on exit. wide she goes. i watched a replay of tt9 at daan's site a few minutes ago, i'm hoping that helps. of course, i've no idea what good speeds are and my sharkport is out of commission. i think i can manage these every once in awhile. won't get my place changed, but that's ok. i'd place myself as a high beginner anyway.

This car is pissing me off. Either it exits like a truck or turns too tightly and won't drift around the whole corner.

is front rebound supposed to be 1 or 10?

definitely a 1.

I can mail you a 4.0Mb video of my best lap if you're interested. The key is hitting the apexes, and flicking the tail into the corners without getting too sideways on the exit.

This car is pissing me off. Either it exits like a truck or turns too tightly and won't drift around the whole corner.

T!
gruebel.gif

why you bothering with this now? it's over...
Why not get your arse in the GT40?
nzd.gif

Back