Weekly Race Series, Week - 8, Rally round the family.

• Thread starter boombexus
  • 177 comments
i will not be participating in this one , but it would have been alot of fun! ill see if i can squeeze in some times.. :D

no i havent tried em out, mine are workin pretty good for me right now..haha. why arent you gonna be doin this one?

Ok everyone, how is the racing going?

Good? alright then...

I wonder whose gonna win and just to let you guys know... I have done exactly 3 laps...

I had 3 million+ in the sim mode, so I went ahead and bought this car...

Its ok and I did an alright lap or two, but nothing worthy of mention.

Any way, Im looking forward to seeing who the rally champ of the moment is...

You never know, with rally things could be totally different.

i know who id LIKE to win *cough*ME*cough* :D But like you said, anything can happen. Theres a lotta potential for anyone to take it, this race is certainly not over by a longshot....i cant wait to see the results for this either

i was on a really nice lap last night up on all sectors ..These are just estimates T1 32.3 ,,T2 59.5,, T3 1'21.4 ..Can't be certain here but it was sure faster than i'd ever been ..(or so i thought ) bloody bottled it on the right/left on the home straight ..or should i say bend :lol:
If i held it together it would have been easily a second faster than my best ...:(

Saved the replay of that run so i could chase it (bloody hard to catch) but nipped my ghost at the finnish to take a new record 4 tenths faster than my best..every little helps..:)

Tried out the various settings none of which where working out so well for me so i had to start from scratch..

Watch your rear view mirrors i is a commin :D

i know youre all probably sick of hearing this by now, but w/ a minor tweak in one of my settings, i managed to pull this new best lap off

1'21.3

:D

i'll have to work on it more tomorrow...im done for tonight, er, this morning...i should get to bed...gotta get up in 5 hours anyways....ehhh

Can I ghost in here ? I love a rally and they are few and far between.

Sec 1 32.748
Sec 2 59.655
Sec 3 1:21.133

been in the 32.5's in sec 1 but the others are my best so far.

Edit: Spent a few more minutes on this:

S1 32.507
S259.444
S31:20.840

Replay available NTSC

I hope it is a better turnout in the beginner class this time than the last couple. I would rather be beaten by alot of people than come in 4th out of four people(if that makes sense)
:rolleyes: :odd: :confused: :banghead:

Originally posted by jimeez
Can I ghost in here ? I love a rally and they are few and far between. T1 32.748, T2 59.655, T3 1:21.133

Oh noooo the Mudslingers have arrived. Excellent time Jimeez as we expected, 1'21.133 puts you in pole position.

UB57 and Lotus350 locked me in my garage. I may have to break out and get another run in now.

Hey stevo357:
:D This is really an "Instructional League" so use it as a learning tool & don't worry about your placing. I for one know I've improved a lot thanks to the input of the others here. NOBODY here's gonna bad-mouth you or anyone else who's giving an HONEST effort, so enjoy!!!...UB57
:D

Originally posted by Wastegate
Oh noooo the Mudslingers have arrived. Excellent time Jimeez as we expected, 1'21.133 puts you in pole position.

UB57 and Lotus350 locked me in my garage. I may have to break out and get another run in now.

NOPE KEEP HER IN THE GARAGE!!! Have been outta town for three days, so I'll be hard pressed to make up any ground as is!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: ...UB57

1'20.8? wow, thats amazing...id definently like to see a replay of that after this is over. find out where im losin all my time...haha, great job

Sorry to waste so much bandwidth but I got here late. Made an tenth improvement on my last sector but my time dropped by about half a sec. My last entry:

Sec 1: 32.354
Sec 2: 59.371
Sec 3: 1:20.756

I will post my replay tomorrow, if thats ok
I love a rally :mischievous:

Edit: My settings
5/10
95/100
10/10
1/10
3/0
0/0
1/7
14/24
LSD 5's
3.722/2.480/1.980/1.590/1.232/.935
DF max
10%

I want to apologize to everyone for not getting to this and other series. the plain truth is that i do have health problems which effect energy and concentration, the war coverage has been a distraction, the game gives me stress in general, and, thoughthe sharkport files may not be needed, it seems the cord that goes from ths p2 into the computer is dead (ccording to a brother). oh, and the sytem is being used a lot. i'm not very imposing. so i'm either tired, weak, or have a headache. this makes me nervous about playing since i have a tendency to yell at the game. and i don't want to interrupt one of my brother's news veiwing. oh, and he stays up for quite a while. i'm not allowed to move the system between rooms. well, there is roughly why i have not been racing. i also need to get more cash and win cars.

sorry to all. i'll have to do it a little at a time.

good lord. for the hell of it i decided to give jimeez settings a try (all except for the tranny ratios, which i used my own for, dont know how you came up w/ those numbers, haha) and managed to pull a new best lap w/ these times
59.4 (my best so far)
1'20.8(DEFINENTLY my best so far)

i did find i wasnt taking the turn right before the t3 sector w/ the best line, so i corrected that and probably contributed to the better t3 time, but jimeez settings are pretty top notch and probably helped me out a lot too. i find the car a lot easier to swing around the turns and a lot easier to keep control of. Thanks for puttin those settings up man! still not on par w/ you, but im tryin! :D

I'm a bit peed off :irked:
Beat my best save yesterday with the Momo, only 1 tenth but it goes to show that I can do it with the wheel if I really try ... Ron had already clocked up a faster time though so I wasn't able to save it :banghead:

I'm gonna try out Jimeez set up and get back on the wheel as it's a lot less strain on my wrists and fingers than using the DS2 here and much more fun, with the DS2 my hands are aching after 3 or 4 laps.

I can't get anywhere near any of those sectors you guys are posting :eek: but I'll be sure to try my hardest today as a last ditch effort :mischievous:

Well.... I've beaten my best lap time by 3 tenths ( with the wheel :D ) and gotten into the time zone I was aiming for :cool: Sectors are slower than my previous best I think :odd:

Edit: Sectors for my new fastest lap are...

1'00.714 :irked:
1'22.627 :rolleyes:

Originally posted by pedrodaman

Quick question on the hair pins ...do you guys try and keep the car in second gear to reduce wheelspin..?
also what kind of lines are you taking into the hairpins ..:cheers:

I do all the hairpins in 3rd, I feel like I have more grip and control in 3rd and 2nd always throws me into the walls :irked: I try and stick to the middle of the road line ;)

Cheers Kelly im having a battle here with this car ..But im enjoying it :D..it maybe be my gear ratio's but it's hard to try and keep it in 2nd if i drop to first at the apex i loose power on the exit ..I ran a really good lap as mentioned earlyer and have been unable to repeat it ...As i did'nt save my settins for that run :banghead:

Hang on i just spotted new settins up there from a super fast guy ..im gonna check these out :D

Time for one last run ;)

I thinks i will run this a wee bit later on as it's to early in the day for a *cough cough* :lol:...I seem to run better laps under the affluence:D

Originally posted by jimeez
Sorry to waste so much bandwidth but I got here late. Made an tenth improvement on my last sector but my time dropped by about half a sec. My last entry:

Sec 1: 32.354
Sec 2: 59.371
Sec 3: 1:20.756

I will post my replay tomorrow, if thats ok
I love a rally :mischievous:

Edit: My settings
5/10
95/100
10/10
1/10
3/0
0/0
1/7
14/24
LSD 5's
3.722/2.480/1.980/1.590/1.232/.935
DF max
10%

Very nice 👍

your settings are quite similar to the ones im running except the rear dampers ,Stabs ,i've been running a gear ratio of 35/6

I will need to check these out ..Cheers dude;)

New best :D (Jimeez set 👍 )
1'00.316
1'22.420

Lost quite a bit in the last 2 sectors resulting in me only taking .1 off my best time :irked: I'll get back to it though, but for now ... breakfast time :D

I'm out for this week. Between Arwin's Replay Manager and looking for a new job, I haven't had any time to run at all :(

I hate to miss the maze, but what can you do.

See you all next week.

At last T2 Sub1'00:D

Not in best save tho:(

ThnX jimeez.... nice setup there...
Did some few adj. and the car was handling more the way i like it...

:banghead: :mischievous: :irked: bloody tarmac 😈 got me again had a T3 1'21.6 :mad: and it all went wrong :( all i want is 3 more tenths and im happy..

I can see im gonna get my butt kicked big time :lol:
nice times dude:tup:
I've been playing catch up since i got back ..

Sorry about the gearset. I spend more time with them than I do on me susp. settings. I just can't remember how I do them. Sorry
Thanks for the kudo's on the settings. I use a wheel and these settings work very well with it.

When does the comp end for this week?

Latest Posts

Back