• Thread starter mister dog
  • 184 comments

mister dog

(Banned)
Belgium
Spain
misterdog
misterdog7
Simple; discuss the weekly racenet challenges here ;)

New street challenge is fun, 3 laps around Paris in a performance car. Still 0.800 behind @Silver-Sylph at the moment tough.

Tried the endurance but took me a while before i grasped the concept, it's a race about tire conservation with a classic GT40 around Brands, where you also have to drive the largest possible distance so i took it easy the first time until i suddenly noticed that there was a clock running out :D
So in the end it's not only about driving gentle, but also about going as fast as possible seeing you have 7 minutes to make the largest distance. I like that it's an original challenge 👍

I pretty much only like doing the time attack events, I like the street course though because you cant really cheat anywhere so its pretty fair for everyone.

I'm struggling with the Endurance event... :(

Paris TT is ace though :D
About Paris, looked at the leaderboards and saw i got the 3th best time of our GTP club but i'm classified last. Is that because i touched the wall during that fastest lap?

I did not receive an XP reward for getting platinum in the Touring Racenet challenge. I tried it twice and still didn't get it. Is this event supposed to award bonus XP for platinum? I've received XP for platinuming some of the others. @anim8r_uk

I'm struggling with the Endurance event... :(

Yeah, I tried it a few times and was always ~700m short. I didn't seem to matter if I try to conserve tires or go balls out the entire race, I always ran out of time at almost the exact same spot. I gave up.

Yeah, I tried it a few times and was always ~700m short. I didn't seem to matter if I try to conserve tires or go balls out the entire race, I always ran out of time at almost the exact same spot. I gave up.

I'm looking forward to trying this when I get home in a couple hours. Sounds like a challenge. Has anyone actually pulled it off?

Wow I didn't know about the cash rewards you get for the top % that you were in for the previous challenges. Just got $320,000 :)
I just platinum'd the new touring car one too, and didn't get any bonus cash or XP. Maybe a bug @Awong124

Wow I didn't know about the cash rewards you get for the top % that you were in for the previous challenges. Just got $320,000 :)
Nice feature no 👍
I only did a couple of challenges but i've already seen everything is well thought through. Just fix those leaderboards now! :D

I've done the open wheel and endurance challenges now too, and I didn't get any bonuses for them either. Maybe they have removed them.

Wow the enduro is hard to platinum, only person to platinum is the guy in 1st and we are both the only 2 to get to 58,000ft , i tried hard and am 300ft behind first, 3rd is another thousand feet behind me.

This sounds like fun......I think!!! Due to work constraints, tonight is the 1st time that I will be able to fire up the game.

Can you go straight into the challenges or are there any events that need to be completed first?
Also, is it recommended that a few races are tried first to get to grips with the game before extending to the challenges. (DS3)

This sounds like fun......I think!!! Due to work constraints, tonight is the 1st time that I will be able to fire up the game.

Can you go straight into the challenges or are there any events that need to be completed first?
Also, is it recommended that a few races are tried first to get to grips with the game before extending to the challenges. (DS3)
Apart from the opening race i think you can jump straight into the challenges, however i would take the time to get a feel for the games handling.

Edit: Back up to 2nd in the time attack

Last edited:
Maybe i will do a little better on this weeks RCs, now i know how it works.

Was just running loaner car's last week :banghead:

Last edited:
The enduro and the party "enduro" are tough. I'm pretty close on the party one, ~100m short of platinum. Still 500 short on the enduro.

Touring, Open Wheel and Street didn't seem too bad, as long as you clear the traffic fast. I do like the noise of the AMG Merc. It makes me giggle, it's like farting through a tube. :D

Also, mad props to Codies for taking seasonals, making them weekly AND giving an interesting variety of races. Revolutionary stuff, who woulda thunk of doing that? Genius at play, there. :D :D

Has anyone else tried to turn ghosts off or can't it be done? I can't seen to find an option for it.

Has anyone else tried to turn ghosts off or can't it be done? I can't seen to find an option for it.

Before you do the Street Challenge, you're given an option if you want to download ghost data for the event: select "No". You can't turn ghosts off mid-race, so as far as I know, that's the only way to do it.

Before you do the Street Challenge, you're given an option if you want to download ghost data for the event: select "No". You can't turn ghosts off mid-race, so as far as I know, that's the only way to do it.
Must say the ghosts are nicely done, they aren't disturbing and vanish properly when you are close. Often i find them disturbing in racing games but with GAS i don't get irritated by it.

I've been asked that before, and I always say no. Whenever I retry an event, it has my own ghost from the previous try. I've just always hated ghosts, they just distract me!

Wow the enduro is hard to platinum, only person to platinum is the guy in 1st and we are both the only 2 to get to 58,000ft , i tried hard and am 300ft behind first, 3rd is another thousand feet behind me.
What's the secret? I'm 300m short or something like that. I haven't done a single endurance race yet either. I was very good on my tires I thought, hardly any sliding. What is the criteria for when the race ends? Is it the % of tire wear?

What's the secret? I'm 300m short or something like that. I haven't done a single endurance race yet either. I was very good on my tires I thought, hardly any sliding. What is the criteria for when the race ends? Is it the % of tire wear?
I did the race 3 times and always ran out at nearly the same spot, you need to be fast but be incredibly smooth, i only spun the tires up once in the whole 7min.

I did the race 3 times and always ran out at nearly the same spot, you need to be fast but be incredibly smooth, i only spun the tires up once in the whole 7min.
Does it end based on a tire wear number? It just seems to end without telling what measure I met to cause it to end.

Can we make this weeks street challenge (Paris and Sportscar) to an official GTP battleground for this week?
Sounds good :cheers:
Many already tried it actually, although my time doesn't seem to count for our club for some strange reason...

Latest Posts

Back