Weekly Racenet Challenge

• Thread starter mister dog
  • 184 comments
At the car selection screen, where you choose between loan cars before the event, your own car will be shown there as well if you own the right one.
Platinum here i come!

Edit: Ah no you can't tune them until you reach the proper online level, and seeing i never play online it's no use...

Just had my first foray into these challenges. Stuck to the street challenge, as that is the race section I'm currently working through. My aim, as always, was to better Pete's time. Not that we are at all competitive against each other, honestly! :D
I've just beaten his time, got gold, and am currently 21st on the leaderboard! (That won't last. He'll spend all evening chasing my time while I'm at work! :D:D:D)

Just had my first foray into these challenges. Stuck to the street challenge, as that is the race section I'm currently working through. My aim, as always, was to better Pete's time. Not that we are at all competitive against each other, honestly! :D
I've just beaten his time, got gold, and am currently 21st on the leaderboard! (That won't last. He'll spend all evening chasing my time while I'm at work! :D:D:D)
There is this bug though that whatever time you set you show 21st on the global leaderboard.
I improved a time of mine 4 times and always showed 21st :D

Platinum here i come!

Edit: Ah no you can't tune them until you reach the proper online level, and seeing i never play online it's no use...
True but.... Using them in the challenges counts towards that level I was able to get my Golf up to level 15 last night in a few races and get some tuning options and upgrades installed.

True but.... Using them in the challenges counts towards that level I was able to get my Golf up to level 15 last night in a few races and get some tuning options and upgrades installed.
Ok that helps thanks for the tip :cheers:

Platinum'd them all except the party one which I got gold. That is bloody hard that one. Doesn't help with kamikaze drivers all around you. Getting gold felt like an achievement. :P And mostly using my own cars with no upgrades. (Haven't earned them yet, Lol)

I have done the party one and got gold on my 3rd full try (reset a few times due to wrecked starts) with the loaner Subaru. Having great launch at the start and good braking seemed to help, the failures on the 1st and 2nd try were because I did not know the track and kept slamming into the walls. I would think with a more skilled player using the Subaru they could get plat pretty quick cause on my 3rd attempt i was on the leaders bumper when time ran out. (just noticed most of the top distances used the same car except the leader who used a Civic 👍)

Did the Muscle car time trail this morning with a loaner Dodge Charger RT.. I thought I was going really slow but got gold on first attempt, but I am 10.5 seconds off the current #1

Tomorrow morning will give the endurance and open wheel a shot. - These challenges are fun.

I've just been doing them to either gold or platinum, whichever comes first. The money differential doesn't seem huge, and with the leaderboards being all screwy the enthusiasm to climb up them really isn't there for me. I'd rather spend time in career mode, but the lure of easy money for online cars means I sort of feel the need to at least make a basic effort on the challenges.

I tend to try harder on the time-attack events i hate AI in online challenge leaderboards, you have to get by all the AI in the first few corners to be up on the leaderboard. But i'm normally in the top 10 in most challenges.

SPA//REVERSED RC 204.166 am sure i can get a late 203 now, this event really shows how much good throttle control is needed in this game, i just wish we could adjust each gear in tuning.

Got gold on the open wheel with the Caterham.. not really an open wheel car is it? Anyways that is one fun track and car combo. - Ran out of time to try for plat.

I tend to try harder on the time-attack events i hate AI in online challenge leaderboards, you have to get by all the AI in the first few corners to be up on the leaderboard. But i'm normally in the top 10 in most challenges.
Yup medium AI are bloody slow and in the way. But well.. all the action in the first lap trying to pass them all makes it a bit exciting also, otherwise it would be more of a regular TT.

Reminds me of GT :D

@Nick Skyline you are a tough cookie to crack, had to spend an hour to beat your time with the Caterham at Mont Tremblant.

Last edited:
My PS3 just froze two times in a row trying to quit the Caterham @ Mont Tremblant event. When I did it before with the loan car it's OK, but once I've bought the car myself it would freeze whenever I quit :banghead: The time still gets recorded, but I lost the cash and XP :grumpy:

Also, I've reached level 10 in Touring through RC alone, but the trophy doesn't pop up? Do you have to earn the XP in races?

I've just been doing them to either gold or platinum, whichever comes first. The money differential doesn't seem huge,,.

But weekly payments differ pretty much.

Besides, servers are okay in global tracking (percentages), so you can get additional money for being within top 50% / 40% / 30%.. once the payments are issued.

I am currently in the top 15% with the Caterham (bought my own) and I am looking forward for the weekly bonus payouts.

But weekly payments differ pretty much.

Besides, servers are okay in global tracking (percentages), so you can get additional money for being within top 50% / 40% / 30%.. once the payments are issued.

I am currently in the top 15% with the Caterham (bought my own) and I am looking forward for the weekly bonus payouts.
Don't recall exactly, but if i'm not mistaken i received 200.000+ credits for my good results on the last racenet challenges (had top 15 and 6% results).

Loving the way the online system for the racenet challenges works, as you can buy cars and customize them, have to pay for damage and garage slots etcetera. It really is it's own game ingame. Once those leaderboards are fixed i guess it's gonna become very addictive each week aside from playing in career mode.

racenet challenge
CIRCUIT MONT TREMBLANT // NORTH LOOP // TIME ATTACK

Great fun this combo

You beat my time there! :bowdown:

Edit: Seeing i'm quite the fanboy these days, i went to racenet and clicked on "download more" 200 times to see that 2237 people participated in the challenge on Mont Tremblant. When i did the same with last weeks popular challenge in Paris i had 1000+ so it seems the crowd is growing each week.

Last edited:
BRANDS HATCH // GP CIRCUIT // TIME ATTACK
Touring-wide.svg
CAT C

one of this weeks RCs :)

I'm probably only going to do the time trials and time attacks from now on. So this week it's only the Touring one. It is my favorite Cat C this week as well. But no platinum bonus again.

I'm probably only going to do the time trials and time attacks from now on. So this week it's only the Touring one. It is my favorite Cat C this week as well. But no platinum bonus again.

Yeh just sticking to the TTs too

Yesterday i ran a 123.7 with fully tuned BMW (without engine) because i think its slower with, strange i know.

Today i run a 123.4 in a totally standard BMW, stranger.

Its like the upgrade's do nothing at all lap time wise, is this just me or has anyone else done any testing and found this?

Yeh just sticking to the TTs too

Yesterday i ran a 123.7 with fully tuned BMW (without engine) because i think its slower with, strange i know.

Today i run a 123.4 in a totally standard BMW, stranger.

Its like the upgrade's do nothing at all lap time wise, is this just me or has anyone else done any testing and found this?

I always just use the loaner cars. Even though I own a Cat C Focus, I just used the loaner.

Nice time you put down in the Focus , only ST in the top 10 👍

Thanks. Yeah, this is the first Racenet Challenge that I actually put some effort into, instead of just getting Platinum and quitting. I enjoyed this one. A category of cars I like, and a track I like. None of that reverse track BS.

Last edited:
Back