Weekly Racenet Challenge

• Thread starter mister dog
  • 184 comments
Reached 01:00:458 now in the Paris street challenge.
There's still some time to gain for me though.

Anyone is receiving their XP bonus for getting the platinum medals? I got the platinum medal on the street discipline and only got 800 xp :banghead:

Anyone is receiving their XP bonus for getting the platinum medals? I got the platinum medal on the street discipline and only got 800 xp :banghead:

I had the same issue. But I think I received the 10k XP reward for the street one, but didn't get the one for touring. I made a post asking about that earlier in this thread. Several people seem to also be having this problem.

Does anyone know for sure how the XP system works, because you get a big pay out after the challenge finishes depending on which position you achieved globally. Maybe that's where the XP is at?

@anim8r_uk you know this?

Does anyone know for sure how the XP system works, because you get a big pay out after the challenge finishes depending on which position you achieved globally. Maybe that's where the XP is at?
From what I noticed you only get cash reward based on what position you finished, nothing about xp.

^ There was a maintenance notice in the afternoon, and i guess they fixed the global leaderboard but not yet the clubmates one.

Talking about leaderboards, just out of curiosity i checked out how many people tried the street challenge in Paris (download more, download more,..) , and we're already at a 1000 👍

This weeks Paris challenge is open to cheating, it happened on GRID2 people wall riding at the end of the long straight.

This is why i hate city tracks, was hoping CM would have sorted this out.

This weeks Paris challenge is open to cheating, it happened on GRID2 people wall riding at the end of the long straight.

This is why i hate city tracks, was hoping CM would have sorted this out.
My lap is legit and im still 3rd last time i looked, in the party one though codies needs to go through and delete the top 2 times since they obviously glitched the game

I'm wondering if the AI in the racenet challenges is the same as you would get on "medium" settings?
There seems to be a lot of carnage because they brake so much before each corner, if that is how medium is ingame i would recommend everyone that has the basic racing skills to choose hard, as the AI there is miles better and you're still in with a shot for the win also.

New racenet challenges are online sweeties
teach.gif

https://racenet.codemasters.com/grid-autosport/racenet-challenge

Hope the weekend comes soon.

I'm wondering if the AI in the racenet challenges is the same as you would get on "medium" settings?
There seems to be a lot of carnage because they brake so much before each corner, if that is how medium is ingame i would recommend everyone that has the basic racing skills to choose hard, as the AI there is miles better and you're still in with a shot for the win also.
If you go into the difficulty settings at the menu when you are in the racenet challenge, the AI is set and locked to medium.

The Super Modified cars are literally flying all over the place on the downhill stretch at San Francisco. :lol: Had a lot of close calls whether it be driving under them or over them, it's scary!

I got the platinum medal bonus for Tuner, but not for any of the others. Seriously, what is the criteria for getting the platinum medal bonus? On the first week they all gave it. Last week I only got it for Street. This week I only got it for Tuner.

I was hoping it would be back how it was week 1 too, those bonuses are nice.

And isn't the endurance challenge the exact same one from week 1? GT500 time attack on reverse Spa at night?

Last edited:

And isn't the endurance challenge the exact same one from week 1? GT500 time attack on reverse Spa at night?

Yeah, it seemed to be exactly the same.

I got the platinum medal bonus for Tuner, but not for any of the others. Seriously, what is the criteria for getting the platinum medal bonus? On the first week they all gave it. Last week I only got it for Street. This week I only got it for Tuner.

This. On the first week the rewards were pretty consistent. Last week and this week only the first challenge pays out as it should. The others only gave me a couple hundred credits and XP even though I got gold/platinum. Combined with the wildly inconsistent difficulty curve for the medals makes me not enjoy GAS' RCs as much as I wanted :grumpy:

As far as i know i got top spot in last weeks enduro, only the top 4 people actually were able to platinum it lmao. :dopey:
This. On the first week the rewards were pretty consistent. Last week and this week only the first challenge pays out as it should. The others only gave me a couple hundred credits and XP even though I got gold/platinum. Combined with the wildly inconsistent difficulty curve for the medals makes me not enjoy GAS' RCs as much as I wanted :grumpy:
@anim8r_uk this is something Codies needs to pay attention to. 4 people getting platinum, inconsistent rewards and targets, and events already being repeated is a surefire way to slow the momentum of a game even with a rabid fanbase.

Eliminator mode. Seriously what the **** is that about. It's not fun restarting a hundred times, as you have just been rammed this way and that for the first corner. Heaven forbid you make it to the second corner.

Eliminator mode. Seriously what the **** is that about. It's not fun restarting a hundred times, as you have just been rammed this way and that for the first corner. Heaven forbid you make it to the second corner.
I enjoyed the Lancia one though :D (but yes i had to restart 10 times also).

I had no idea you could use your own cars in these challenges. I'll be buying a used copy of most of the cars for these since being able to tune and upgrade cuts huge amounts of time off for me.

I had no idea you could use your own cars in these challenges. I'll be buying a used copy of most of the cars for these since being able to tune and upgrade cuts huge amounts of time off for me.
You can?

Which button did i miss?

At the car selection screen, where you choose between loan cars before the event, your own car will be shown there as well if you own the right one.

Latest Posts

Back