Weekly Sim Racing News Round-Up

• Thread starter Scaff
  • 139 comments
A busy week, covering the announcement of the release window of Assetto Corsa 2 and Assetto Corsa Mobile, Turn 10 have talked about the new tyre model for the upcoming Forza Motorsport reboot. Gran Turismo Sport will be the first title to get the new Toyota GR86 in it's car roster, and we then finish off with a raft of updates for RaceRoom, Dirt 5, Wreckfest, Assetto Corsa Competizione and Automobilista 2.

This week sees Reiza putting hotfixes out to further enhance last weeks V1.2 update for Automobilista 2, the first update for SRX The Game, a hotfix for Assetto Corsa Competizione, while the news that Gran Turismo 7 may get a PS4 release as well it's PS5 release is causing heated discussion among GT fans, and finally we have a new car and track for Circuit Superstars, with the release of Rallycross for the title.

Last edited:
A busy week, covering the announcement of the release window of Assetto Corsa 2 and Assetto Corsa Mobile, Turn 10 have talked about the new tyre model for the upcoming Forza Motorsport reboot. Gran Turismo Sport will be the first title to get the new Toyota GR86 in it's car roster, and we then finish off with a raft of updates for RaceRoom, Dirt 5, Wreckfest, Assetto Corsa Competizione and Automobilista 2.

This channel does not exist.

He said in his last video that he along with many others were the victims of downsizing in the company he worked for. Maybe he is putting all his efforts into finding a new job or further education and has put the channel on hold for now. In any case, best of luck. Hope you get back on track soon and back on the forums and YT.

He said in his last video that he along with many others were the victims of downsizing in the company he worked for. Maybe he is putting all his efforts into finding a new job or further education and has put the channel on hold for now. In any case, best of luck. Hope you get back on track soon and back on the forums and YT.
Exactly this.

@daan messaged me this morning to check-in, and I wanted to just pop in to say I'm doing OK, just needed to remove distractions and focus on getting a new job.

Once all is settled I may well be back :D

This week sees a new trailer for Hotwheels Unleashed, this time covering customisation, updates for WRC 10, F1 2021, and Raceroom, with new content for F1 2021 and Raceroom, while on the GT7 front we have two interviews with Kaz from Polyphony Digital to examine.

This week sees a new trailer for Hotwheels Unleashed, this time covering customisation, updates for WRC 10, F1 2021, and Raceroom, with new content for F1 2021 and Raceroom, while on the GT7 front we have two interviews with Kaz from Polyphony Digital to examine.
I think I've asked this before (possibly in YT comments) but which PP filter are you using in AC? And are you using Reshade also?

Any chances to see some coverage of bike games in your videos @Scaff ?
To be honest I've done a bit of bike coverage in the past, but the main reason why I kind of dropped it is because I tend to be utterly rubbish at them (and because Ride 4's licence tests pissed me off so damn much). However I really should try and start adding them back in again.
I think I've asked this before (possibly in YT comments) but which PP filter are you using in AC? And are you using Reshade also?
Gameplay is Natural Mod for both VR and flat, replays I'm now using the pure PPfilter from the preview of the Sol replacement Pure. Photomode, well that's whatever looks right for the photo, including Inmersive (with and without Reshade) and fanatiC . I do use reshade in gameplay, but my own very light one that adds SMAA and Lumasharpen, I've attached it if you want to give it a go.

Attachments

• Scaff's Reshade.zip
    7.5 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Gameplay is Natural Mod for both VR and flat, replays I'm now using the pure PPfilter from the preview of the Sol replacement Pure. Photomode, well that's whatever looks right for the photo, including Inmersive (with and without Reshade) and fanatiC . I do use reshade in gameplay, but my own very light one that adds SMAA and Lumasharpen, I've attached it if you want to give it a go.
Thanks, will check that out. :cheers:

This week sees a raft of new news for Gran Turismo 7, a look at the livery editor for Forza Horizon 5, new content for Raceroom and KartKraft, and an update for WRC 10, and the Pre-Order trailer for Hot Wheels Unleashed.

Last edited:
A massive amount of news this week, with the early access launch of Forza Horizon 5, news of cancellations and departures from Slightly Mad Studios, Updates for Star Drift Evolution, Automobilista 2, Wreckfest, and KartKraft, as well as two new Gran Turismo 7 videos and DLC for Hot Wheels Unleashed.

A bit of constructive feedback: Would it be possible for you to switch back to the microphone you were using in the weekly sim racing news on October 29 (if it's still working)? The microphone you're using now seems to have noise cancelling cranked up to 11. :)
Parts of words sound sort of muted and it's not really pleasant to listen to.

Last edited:
Back