Weekly Sim Racing News Round-Up

• Thread starter Scaff
  • 137 comments

Scaff

United Kingdom
He/Him
ScaffUK
I've been doing these for a couple of months now and thought I would share its basically a quick round-up of the week's news in regard to racing games and titles. The focus is mainly on the Playstation platform, as that's my home, but it does cross over if it's interesting (to me).

The full playlist of all the videos is here:

Weekly Sim Racing News Round-Up

And here is this weekly round-up.

Hey scaff.

Or everyone else.

Did you ever review Gravel. I love Sebastien loeb rally and i think Gravel is from same developer's. I understand its more arcade. But is it worth playing or should I stay clear of it.

Hey scaff.

Or everyone else.

Did you ever review Gravel. I love Sebastien loeb rally and i think Gravel is from same developer's. I understand its more arcade. But is it worth playing or should I stay clear of it.
A long time ago, the best I can describe it was a kind of homage to Sega Rally, it made my number 6 in terms of top 8 rally titles back in Feb 2019. However, given that V-Rally 4 never fixed all its issues I would move it up to 5 with hindsight.

Last edited:
Thanks.

Typically I dislike the more arcady titles. Not trying to be elitist, as I am far from good at sim racing, I just enjoy it a lot more than arcade games. Games like Forza horizon, Motorstorm and so on I tryed to like them so many times but somehow just cant keep me interested

But I think Ill buy Gravel when it comes on sale. If its just remotedly as good as Sebastien loeb then its defenetly worth it.

I dident play all the games on your list, but kinda agre with top 2. Dirt rally its superfun in PSVR, but actualy I like Seb Rally's physics more, just a shame it cant be played in PSVR.

Thanks.

Typically I dislike the more arcady titles. Not trying to be elitist, as I am far from good at sim racing, I just enjoy it a lot more than arcade games. Games like Forza horizon, Motorstorm and so on I tryed to like them so many times but somehow just cant keep me interested

But I think Ill buy Gravel when it comes on sale. If its just remotedly as good as Sebastien loeb then its defenetly worth it.

I dident play all the games on your list, but kinda agre with top 2. Dirt rally its superfun in PSVR, but actualy I like Seb Rally's physics more, just a shame it cant be played in PSVR.
I like Gravel. It feels like it takes a bit of the spirit of Dirt 2, with lots of different types of offroad racing with an emphasis on fun.

It does seem to have a decent physics model underneath when you take off assists, but I do find it more enjoyable with a little bit of traction control.

It is a lot of content for the price, and has lots of real rallycross circuits, some of which are not in SLRE.

It's been a quiet weekly, with a hotfix for ACC, news of the mystery car for the December WRC 9 update, and an update for AMS2 which brings a lot of AI and Physics change, along with a new GT3 car.

Last edited:
Weekly news round-up time again and we have quite a bit, with update roadmaps for Automobilista 2 and RFactor 2, a premature update release for Project Cars 3, news of new content in December for Art of Rally, a hotfix for ACC, and a new car and 'sizable' update for RaceRoom in December.

Made a habit of watching your videos, really like them even though I do follow the news myself, it's always good to watch a short summary accompanied by some gameplay! One request though: could you please put in the description what game, track and car you're driving there? I can't always figure it out :)

Made a habit of watching your videos, really like them even though I do follow the news myself, it's always good to watch a short summary accompanied by some gameplay! One request though: could you please put in the description what game, track and car you're driving there? I can't always figure it out :)
Many thanks, and no problem at all I will make sure I do it in the video description going forwards.

In this case, its Assetto Corsa and the car is the Mini Cooper from the AC Touring Car Legends Pack and the Track is Thruxton, both free mods.

Last edited:
This week sees updates and content for RFactor 2, WRC 9, Wreckfest, and F1 2020.

Just a small remark: Mike Rockenfeller, not Rockenfellar. Otherwise as I commented on YT, good stuff, really appreciate the links and your comments at the end about the background driving!

This week's news sees a hotfix for AMS2, a major update and new content for Art of Rally, a Christmas update, and content for Dirt5, DLC for PCars 3, and Ian Bell go on a Twitter bender about PCars 4 (and then delete it all).

The week leading up to Christmas has been a busy one for Sim Racing, with content and updates for RaceRoom, RFactor 2, and Kart Kraft, an update for WRC 9, as well as an update for the old man of sim racing, Live For Speed.

Scaff have you tried Ride 4 again, some good bikes in latest update. Instead of Career could do your own Championship with single races.

Back