Weekly Sim Racing News Round-Up

• Thread starter Scaff
  • 139 comments
It's back, you most likely don't care, but the Weekly Sim Racing News Update is returning.

To paraphrase @Jordan "the return of the king" of Sim news

(not sure that quote aged well last couple of weeks though 🤔)

I'm pretty convinced that the only reason for the subsequent PD announcement/letter was because they watched your news video 👍😉
(Ok that may or may not be true... 😂)

Last edited:
This week saw yet more GT7 fallout with PD's latest response, an update for Forza Horizon 5, news of a new car coming to Automobilista 2, rFactors's continued tie-in with Formula E, DLC for Hot Wheels Unleashed, and Ian Bell tweeting about Project Cars 4.

This week sees us get updates for RaceRoom, GT7, and ACC, Motorsport Games woes continue (shame), Hot Wheels put out another Racing Season Forza Motorsport 7 ends the weekly bonus and PD tries to sell us some GT7 merch for daft money!

Two new titles got announced this week with World of Outlaws and Rennsport, one new title was released in Rush Rally Origins,
and updates for Grid Legends, RaceRoom, Pure Rock Crawling, AMS2, GT7, and RF2.

Back to a busy week, we have updates for AMS2, Pure Rock Crawling, RaceRoom, and Grid Legends. RaceRoom also makes all of its content free-to-play for the rest of May. News on upcoming releases and/or info for Art of Rally, Need for Speed, BTCC, TDU and WRC Generations.

Updates for RaceRoom, Gran Turismo 7, and Rush Rally Origins; with release news for Redout 2, F1 22, and RennSport; rounded off with a new season pass for Hot Wheels Unleashed and a new track vote for KartKraft.

Redout 2 releases and we have news of the upcoming Forza Motorsport reboot, upcoming DLC for ACC, Forza Horizon 5, and RFactor 2,
along with updates for Art of Rally, BeamNG, and Pure Rock Crawling.
Lots of good info in this one 👍

Good video as always @Scaff

Regarding the 48 times greater fidelity in the physics of FM8 (FM) I've seen a quote since from one of the presenters of the reveal (Chris I think is his name) which seems to imply it's specifically relating to the tyre physics.

The tyres have gone from one contact point to 8 and the refresh rate is 6 time faster than in FM7. So it stands to reason the entire physcis engine will refresh 6 times faster than FM7 whicxh is already a good figure (on paper at least), but that doesn't mean the entire physics engine has 48 times the fidelity of FM7.

It might do, but it's revealing (IMO) that they connected that comment to the tyres alone and that doing the maths on the tyres gives you that 48 number, so that's probably thier marketing figure, but I doubt it applies across the board.

Last edited:
Good video as always @Scaff

Regarding the 48 times greater fidelity in the physics of FM8 (FM) I've seen a quote since from one of the presented of the revear (Chris I think is his name) which seems to imply it's specifically relating to the tyre physics.

The tyres have gone from one contact point to 8 and the refresh rate is 6 time faster than in FM7. So it stands to reason the entire physcis engine will refresh 6 times faster than FM7 whicxh is already a good figure (on paper at least), but that doesn't mean the entire physics engine has 48 times the fidelity of FM7.

It might do, but it's revealing (IMO) that they connected that comment to the tyres alone and that doing the maths on the tyres gives you that 48 number, so that's probably thier marketing figure, but I doubt it applies across the board.
I don't doubt it, but whoever put the marketing copy together didn't get the memo:

"We've completely overhauled the core driving experience to take advantage of the power of the Xbox Series consoles. This includes a 48 times improvement in the fidelity of our physics simulation."

I don't doubt it, but whoever put the marketing copy together didn't get the memo:

"We've completely overhauled the core driving experience to take advantage of the power of the Xbox Series consoles. This includes a 48 times improvement in the fidelity of our physics simulation."
Indeed, maybe it is 48 times across the board, but it's be very coincidental that everything has multiplied by 8 x 6 which is specifically what they'd managed with the tyres. It's promising either way, but we'll have to see I guess.

I'm debating buying Redout 2 tonight, depends if I'll get any actual time to play it over the weekend or not. But I liked the original a lot.

I'm debating buying Redout 2 tonight, depends if I'll get any actual time to play it over the weekend or not. But I liked the original a lot.
Just rendering a first-look video, the TLDW is no combat, pure racing, heavy on the GPU (1660Ti can't go any higher than Med preset at 1080p for a locked 60fps) and a few UE4 crashes to desktop. I do however like it quite a lot, even if it could do with a bit of optimization, as the actual handling is great.

This week sees updates for Grid Legends, BeamNG, Redout 2, Forza Horizon 5, NASCAR Ignition, and Gran Turismo Sport 7.
With GT7 and Grid Legends also seeing DLC arrive. News drops of a change to the FIA's esport title and of an upcoming NHRA game.

This week brings us updates for Pure Rock Crawling, Rush Rally Origins, Redout 2, and Automobilista 2. AMS2 also gets three new tracks in the form of DLC, as does Assetto Corsa Competizione, finally, we have news of an upcoming early access title called RaceLegue, and F1 22 is released across all versions.

It's the two-year anniversary special!!!

Actually, it's not, as I totally forgot that it's two years ago that I started these, so it's a perfectly normal episode.

Updates for RF2, BeamNG, GT7 Wreckfest, ACC, FH5, and Grid Legends, damn that's a lot of updates. Oh and news about
TDU and WRC Generations.

Last edited:
It's a mixed bag this week, with updates for AMS2, Forza Horizon 5, and RFactor 2, along with DLC for Offroad Mania and Forza Horizon 5, along with news of a new track headed to RaceRoom.

World of Outlaws looks really decent but too early to judge what iRacing's assets include. The previous titles of Monster Games were really good fun and with an AI that was more than challenging. If they improve on their previous TSaAR and SRX games we could end up with atop notch title

A busy week with updates for RaceRoom, Rush Rally Origins, and BeamNG; while we get a new track for F1 22, and news about content and features for Assetto Corsa Competizione, Gran Turismo 7, RFactor 2, Forza Horizon 5, and Forza Motorsport.

This week's update sees multiple news stories for a few titles, with RFactor 2 getting an update and DLC; while RaceRoom gets an update, DLC, and news of further upcoming DLC. In other news, Redout 2, F1 22, and Race League all get small updates, while Automobilista 2 developer Reiza has detailed the upcoming 1.4 update and DLC, which is due at the end of the month, finally GT gets added to the roster for a well-known US motorsport organisation.

Last edited:
This week sees updates for RFactor 2, Race League, Forza Horizon 5, Circuit Superstars, and RaceRoom. If that were not enough we have launch information for Wreckreation, Wreckfest Mobile, and NASCAR Rivals, and to round it all off it's the 20th Anniversary of Live for Speed.

Back