Weep for This New Civic Type R, Destroyed Before it Even Got Home

Not that really matters so much, but a correction to the article would be that this occurred on I-95 in Connecticut on the way to the owner's home in Philadelphia. I-95 in CT is notoriously crowded with traffic at all times. Real shame too, the driver had much better route options to take from Boston to Philly, too.

In any case, this is frustrating. I couldn't imagine the anger towards the other driver I would feel if this happened to me.

The driver must been pissed off seeing his new car damaged. Also is it me or the damage itself isn't that major compared to some car accidents i have seen before?

The driver must been pissed off seeing his new car damaged. Also is it me or the damage itself isn't that major compared to some car accidents i have seen before?

If I recall correctly the car was hit from behind at approximately 35mph. While that isn't necessarily slow, it isn't fast enough to cause damage that looks really significant.

I agree it does look better now. In my opinion a junkyard should be the first home for anything from a honda dealership.

Why? Because you don't like the ways Hondas look? Honda makes a pretty damn decent and reliable car, if you don't mind me asking, how old are you?

The sad part about it, is if the insurance co decides to FIX instead of REPLACE the car, the value of that car is now cut in half due to the wreck, and the car will be forever branded as having an accident on record, which will continue to drop the value. A big deal with ANY new car, but especially a car thats in collector status. I would personally would demand the car be replaced with a new one, as opposed to being fixed.

What the hell is this Honda hate in this thread?

"It looks better than when it left the dealership". Go take that trash back to your mustang forums.

Just would like to point out:

(I'll be the one to post the obvious cliche)

At least it looks a hell of a lot better now than when it left the dealership.

I suspect this post might've been a joke.

Not a single Honda I would purchase. Just never got into a vehicle with less than 400hp or under 400ci. The new exotic stuff either. Just cain't fantasize about them. So it's hard to sympathize. Shiite like this happens like this more often than we may realize.

But I can still feel for the person because the insurance companies will rape us in ways we cain't imagine.

Not that really matters so much, but a correction to the article would be that this occurred on I-95 in Connecticut on the way to the owner's home in Philadelphia. I-95 in CT is notoriously crowded with traffic at all times. Real shame too, the driver had much better route options to take from Boston to Philly, too.

In any case, this is frustrating. I couldn't imagine the anger towards the other driver I would feel if this happened to me.
Not for nothing, but who in their right mind would even go on 95 in CT coming from Boston? GPS alone would not direct you to 95 at all.

You have potentially 2 other viable options which are better then ever stepping on 95. I'm actually surprised he could have went 84 to 87 south or better yet one of the best roads in Connecticut like the Merritt or route 15 just off 91...

I would like to know why he was on 95...

Still a huge shame :-( but this is why automonus cars are in the works I suppose :-(

Why would you weep for the loss of any currently-in-production mass made vehicle?

Why would you weep for the loss of any currently-in-production mass made vehicle?
I think you're missing the point. It's a brand new car that was crashed a few hours after purchase. Currently-in-production mass made vehicle or not that's pretty sad. It's like buying an ice cream cone and dropping it after one lick.

I think you're missing the point. It's a brand new car that was crashed a few hours after purchase. Currently-in-production mass made vehicle or not that's pretty sad. It's like buying an ice cream cone and dropping it after one lick.

Would it had been just as news worthy had it been a brand new Civic Sedan LX?

I think you're missing the point.
The point is that the GTP Newswire team really wants to be Jalopnik; and it wants to be so bad that the content being posted has almost immediately gone to the sort of stuff people on GTP usually mocked Jalopnik for posting.

It's a brand new car that was crashed a few hours after purchase.
So his insurance company will give him another one.

Last edited:
Poor Type R... unfortunately always have to watch out for ruthless drivers.

I purchased a car lately which was also an Honda, a guy crashed into me from the right side after 2 weeks owning it. Car was totaled. Insurence paid me the car and I got my money back. But it was even more a pity because it was a rare car I was looking for quiet a long time... until today I couldnt get the same one because there arent many left and all I,ve checked were not even near the in he good condition mine was...

The excuse from the guy though "Im very sorry my dog is very sick and about to die I was too distracted thinking about him"

It would be to those who care about a new Civic Sedan LX. But I have a feeling you saw the headline, felt like it doesn't matter to you personally and decided to post your feelings about it. What's just another mass market production car to you may not be to others.

It's the first ever Civic Type R to be sold in the USA and this is one of the first. At present it's a rare and interesting car.

What's just another mass market production car to you may not be to others.

Why would even a Type R fanboy shed a tear over something Honda churn tens of thousands of? It's like crying over a dropped in the rain pack of Pokemon cards. It's easily replaceable.

Why would even a Type R fanboy shed a tear over something Honda churn tens of thousands of? It's like crying over a dropped in the rain pack of Pokemon cards. It's easily replaceable.
Knock it off, you're just here to argue. Don't like the Type R? Move on to another thread. You are completely missing the point here.

Knock it off, you're just here to argue. Don't like the Type R? Move on to another thread. You are completely missing the point here.

I love the Type R. I just don't get the hysteria over one getting involved in an accident.

In my opinion a junkyard should be the first home for anything from a honda dealership.

Wow... them's fightin' words. Honda has made some of the best cars I have ever owned.

The thing about rare cars (I don't know how rare the type-R is/will be), is that you kinda want to total it if you're going to wreck it. If it's totaled, the guy will be fine. He'll get the insurance payout based on the value (from the looks of it, from the guy that hit him) and be fine. You really don't want to be the first one to have your rare car repaired though. The insurance companies pretend that they can just fix it and hand it back to you and all is right with the world. But if you just lost thousands of dollars of value because it's now repaired, insurance is not addressing that loss (which was, in some cases, no fault of yours).

I guessing that car is totaled? I hope so for that guy's sake.

You are completely missing the point here.

I already said what the point was behind the artice. That's why it was given the cringey "cute" title that is being pointed out to be so dumb in the context of what the article is actually about.

Back