Welcome to the Online Monthly Race Series forum!

• Thread starter Duke
  • 40 comments

Duke

Keep 'em separated
Staff Emeritus
United States
Midlantic Area
GTP_Duke
GTPlanet will be launching a GTP-sanctioned event series for head-to-head online racing. Please watch this space for announcements and news!

Sweet, I wondered what that sub-forum I saw briefly in the WRS section was before I refreshed.

Sounds excellent, although you may have to run 2 leagues for time zone differences.;)

Sounds excellent, although you may have to run 2 leagues for time zone differences.;)

We've got that covered 👍

Jerome

Schweeet. :) I have a question though, on 8E, when it talks about side views for pad users, does that apply for users driving in chase cam? Because you get a pretty full view of the track.

Schweeet. :) I have a question though, on 8E, when it talks about side views for pad users, does that apply for users driving in chase cam? Because you get a pretty full view of the track.

That's mainly inteded for the Bumper Cam as that doesn't have a rear view mirror IIRC. Each driver is responsible for knowing where his/her car is along with where the other cars are around him/her. The excuse of, "I didn't know you were there" won't cut it 👍

Jerome

Hi Jerome and Duke

I have a few questions about section 01:k and section 13.
01:k- Now I've found that if you press start the car goes into auto-pilot and heads for the pits very slowly. Would it not be bettet to press and hold the hand brake (e-brake), then the car will not move at all?
13:- When racing I use bumper cam and for the most part don't know if I have ghosted or not during a race. My question is how do you know?

Cheers
Mike

Hi Jerome and Duke

I have a few questions about section 01:k and section 13.
01:k- Now I've found that if you press start the car goes into auto-pilot and heads for the pits very slowly. Would it not be bettet to press and hold the hand brake (e-brake), then the car will not move at all?
13:- When racing I use bumper cam and for the most part don't know if I have ghosted or not during a race. My question is how do you know?

Cheers
Mike

Heya Mike!

I'll be making a GTP_OMRS Discussion Thread soon and I'd like to keep questions like this for that thread. In the meantime however, can you verify if the car that automatically pits is ghosted or not? 👍

Jerome

Last edited:
That's mainly inteded for the Bumper Cam as that doesn't have a rear view mirror IIRC. Each driver is responsible for knowing where his/her car is along with where the other cars are around him/her. The excuse of, "I didn't know you were there" won't cut it 👍

Jerome

So here's my deal with regards to this. I use roof cam, which has no rear view mirror. I have a G25 which only has 2 buttons on it of course, and looking back is more important than looking right, so my 2 buttons are look back and look left. Generally I know, from looking back, if a driver is making a move, and I'm normally pretty good at awareness (ask the TT-R guys), but accidents happen on the odd occasion. I don't consider it a major excuse, but if a racing incident occurs I hope the punishment in this series is not too severe.:nervous:

Edit: Oh yeah, with that handbrake thing, you can lock the handbrake on then press pause and your car won't move. I don't think your car ghosts when you pause it.

Last edited:
So here's my deal with regards to this. I use roof cam, which has no rear view mirror. I have a G25 which only has 2 buttons on it of course, and looking back is more important than looking right, so my 2 buttons are look back and look left. Generally I know, from looking back, if a driver is making a move, and I'm normally pretty good at awareness (ask the TT-R guys), but accidents happen on the odd occasion. I don't consider it a major excuse, but if a racing incident occurs I hope the punishment in this series is not too severe.:nervous:

Edit: Oh yeah, with that handbrake thing, you can lock the handbrake on then press pause and your car won't move. I don't think your car ghosts when you pause it.

I'm with ya Paulie, some things we will have to live with. Mistakes will happen, we know that, but we are looking for intentional and malicious mishaps that will ruin the fun for the rest of the drivers on the track.

Jerome

I am very interested in running in this league. It seems like the other online series events only last for a few rounds if even that. I have a question though for you Jump, if you request to become a race steward. Can you still race in the series? ( I haven't read the race steward thread yet, which I will do right now.)

Edit.

I can't make 10am on Saturday's since my Marketing class is 9-12pm PST. :(

Last edited:
I am very interested in running in this league. It seems like the other online series events only last for a few rounds if even that. I have a question though for you Jump, if you request to become a race steward. Can you still race in the series? ( I haven't read the race steward thread yet, which I will do right now.)

Edit.

I can't make 10am on Saturday's since my Marketing class is 9-12pm PST. :(

If you would like to be an alternate, shoot me a PM. Alternates are still welcome to race as anyone else. I'll notify any alternates as soon as I can to see if they can step in and host a race room/lobby.

Race Stewards can also still participate in the series 👍 I can provide more details in the Discussion thread if needed, but there will be two races done almost back to back per Time Zone Session and the stewards can pick one race to participate in. The other, I ask they sit out so other drivers can join.

Jerome

Last edited:
Outstanding! You can't beat a bit of guaranteed clean racing... one gets mightily sick of "exploit" racers... cutting the chicanes at Monza for instance. Everyone I've raced there does it. I'm programmed not to, which sucks the joy out of some races where you're forced to cheat if you want a chance of winning.

Looking forward to this. GTP keeps getting better. 👍

Interesting!! Is this linked to the GTP WRS in anyway, such as the registry, and will the times (GMT-8) suit Euro gamers?

Dan.

Interesting!! Is this linked to the GTP WRS in anyway, such as the registry, and will the times (GMT-8) suit Euro gamers?

Dan.

And, will there be races suited for Australian timezones?

..., will there be races suited for Australian timezones?
Is this linked to the GTP WRS in anyway, such as the registry, and will the times (GMT-8) suit Euro gamers?
Members will only be allowed to join when using a GTP tag.
The OMRS is weekly while WRS is monthly :dopey:.
All OMRS stewards are well-known members from WRS.
Online race times will be suitable for all time regions.

👍

Back