Well it finally happened...

  • Thread starter Thread starter kdryan
  • 51 comments
  • 4,366 views
Messages
540
United States
Planet Earth
Messages
kdryan2
Yup, Bob got me so mad tonight that I actually threw my controller. After watching him let about ten Mini Coopers pass him in that worthless Mini race I had more than I can stand...
 
I was curious.
Happens to everyone dude. Just count to ten next time - strangely enough i think it works, for a while.
 
I have had to learn some self control since I had the PS3, as the controllers are wireless they fly much farther than a PS2 pad and are more expensive to replace. :(:(
 
I would of broken a few also controllers if these things were not wireless.
 
I honestly haven't thrown a controller since PS1 days? Or maybe very early PS2 days. Once i realised that they aren't indestructable.
 
I honestly haven't thrown a controller since PS1 days? Or maybe very early PS2 days. Once i realised that they aren't indestructable.
This ^
Except that the last controller i've "killed" that way was for Sega Mega Drive (also known as Genesis).

And yeah, Bob is beyond stupid... I hate b-spec, but i've decided to win Mazda Furai, since it's only a lvl 6 race.
So to make it quick, i gave overpowered cars to Bob. And in the lvl 5 race (European hot something) he almost lost with Stealth SLS AMG... only managed to get the 1st place on 2nd part of 5th lap.
PD hate us....
 
I have been through a few controllers in my time but these wireless ones just aren't as satisfying. With the old PS2 if I got clipped and sent into a spin on the final lap of a race I would inevietably swing the controller round and round by the lead until it was humming and then bring it crashing down onto the floor smashing it to smitherines with a satisfying thud before heading off to Game to pick up a new one. These wireless controllers have me stumped as to the best way to take it out on them. :mad:
 
I'm glad I can survive losing without throwing a controller.

images
 
I honestly haven't thrown a controller since PS1 days? Or maybe very early PS2 days. Once i realised that they aren't indestructable.

This. If your still throwing them at ps3 stage then maybe your first console, i sure got it out of my system at the ps2 stage lol (1 driving mission on GT4 was the death of 2) . Maybe i would have thrown a controller on gt5 but it's harder to throw a wheel :sly:
 
I don't understand why people throw or break things when angry; the damage caused to the object and that which it strikes is only going to add to the pain you've suffered afterwards. Better to do some push-ups and crunches than waste money breaking things. That said, if the object you break is that which is the source of your suffering, then perhaps it is a good idea- providing a swift new lease on life free of the anger-inducing object. Just don't replace it.
 
This. If your still throwing them at ps3 stage then maybe your first console, i sure got it out of my system at the ps2 stage lol (1 driving mission on GT4 was the death of 2) . Maybe i would have thrown a controller on gt5 but it's harder to throw a wheel :sly:

On monday i pushed my DFGT off my chair,it's clamped on the wooden arm rest were it never moves but because i got so upset at the fgt race i pushed it with enough force to slide off,luckily my feet were there to break the fall.
 
They are far too expensive for me to throw around, although in general I don't throw stuff when angry, it's called self-control.
Try it out, makes life much easier for you and those who surround you.
And B-spec doesn't make me angry at all as it's mostly beyond my control anyway in the first stages when Bob is still learning (telling him to slow down sure helps I found), it only bores me silly.
Think it's a bit decadent and surely very immature to break hardware when you're frustrated with the software, although I will admit to cursing using words which if used here would get me rightfully banned for life...
 
I often feel like punishing Bob for his sheer inept stupidity, but at no point is that going to cost me £35 for a new controller.

I have been trying to get him to win gold in the All Stars championship for a couple of weeks now in a fully modded and tuned silver chrome Zonda R. Last night he finally did it, although really, he lucked out completely with his point accumulation.

He span out no less than 7 times over the course of the championship and each time was because he was too hard on the throttle while edging onto the grass. What a tool.

The Historic race is my last left in B Spec Expert and I have tried him with multiple cars with no luck. I gave up again at 2:50am last night after trying many different set ups and was continually amazed at his lack of driving skills. My only route is to save up for the FGT or 787b and enter B Spec Like The Wind, win the Toyota and give him that to ruin.

There should be a PS Move mini-game included in GT5 where you literally get to whip and beat Bob for his mistakes. Negative reinforcement never sounded so stress relieving before! It could be called 'Beat Bob'.
 
I have had to learn some self control since I had the PS3, as the controllers are wireless they fly much farther than a PS2 pad and are more expensive to replace. :(:(

👍

In stead of throwing them, i broke my first DS3 in half.
 
I don't know whats everyones problem with bob. with an even car and THE RIGTH INSTUCTIONS he's able to win races. the only time i didn't understand what hes doing was when he crashed and waited until he was last. but even this crash was my foult. i gave the wrong instruction and he crashed.
since i understood how b-spec works none of my bobs did the s*** i have to read all the time in this forum.
b-spec is more then pressing the "faster" button. its keeping bob in control, pushing him if he gets to slow and let him pass in the right moment.
you wont belive it, but it really works! only pushing "faster" is like playing a spec without breaking.
 
I don't know whats everyones problem with bob. with an even car and THE RIGTH INSTUCTIONS he's able to win races. the only time i didn't understand what hes doing was when he crashed and waited until he was last. but even this crash was my foult. i gave the wrong instruction and he crashed.

In general yes but sometimes when you have a low-level Bob he does seem to perform rather strangely and no telling him will alter it.
For example (this happened to me) he crashes on one corner of the London track, and reverses and spins for minutes in all directions despite me instructing him to slow down way before that corner.
After repeatingly telling him to slow down he eventually carries on (in last place) to repeat the exact same thing a lap later, although instead of throwing my controller through the room I just laughed.
 
Don't get me wrong, Bob has done me proud up until now. I am fully aware of how to manage him. He needed to go all out to win the All Stars in the car I gave him.

I am not a B Spec hater, I am nearly level 23 with Bob, higher than my A Spec by 2 levels. Sometimes, I just feel he could drive a little harder, maybe more aggressive with more accuracy.

Bob wins me some great cars, I can't fault him for that. But I can fault him for stupid mistakes and not being enough of an opportunist.
 
I took a DS2 controller out the front once, held it by the lead, swung it around my head like a helicopter rotor blade and smashed it into the ground. Very satisfying 👍
 
Sometimes i want to throw my DS3 into my television, because i think it will make me feel good, but something stops me in time, haven't found out what that is yet!
 
Luckily I've got a wheel attached to a stand, which is very difficult to throw :lol:
 
i tend to just scream out loud instead, very loud... i feel myself go red in the face too. but the controller stays firmly in my grip!

this also happens when i get rear-ended by the opposition and spin out on the last lap :ouch:

i haven't once threw a PS3 controller, it isn't worth £43 of my hard-earned apprentice-wages cash!!!!

plus my new white DS3 is too cool to break :D
 
ok thats a point i get. but ... how may i say it ... it seems bob just got "stupid fails" routines at low level. and i discovered they actually will apear more often if the car and/or the race is on a higher level than bob himself. and of course i always give bob a setup thats "good to drive" in my opinion.
you can check this theory by yourself. sit a low level bob (1-4) in ... lets say a furai on a level 18 race. he will spin a lot and make stupit mistaks. even with the easy to drive furai. then take an even bob with a level 0 car and let him drive in a level 0 race. and (how shoking) he wont do the same stupit mistakes. (its magic :sly: )
 
ok thats a point i get. but ... how may i say it ... it seems bob just got "stupid fails" routines at low level. and i discovered they actually will apear more often if the car and/or the race is on a higher level than bob himself. and of course i always give bob a setup thats "good to drive" in my opinion.
you can check this theory by yourself. sit a low level bob (1-4) in ... lets say a furai on a level 18 race. he will spin a lot and make stupit mistaks. even with the easy to drive furai. then take an even bob with a level 0 car and let him drive in a level 0 race. and (how shoking) he wont do the same stupit mistakes. (its magic :sly: )

I get you, I had been just going through the events with Bob, golding them one by one, but in order for Bob to stand a chance I ought to be re-racing some of the events in order to level him up more so he can compete better in the higher level races. I hadn't done any 'grinding' up to this point but I think I'm going to set Bob off doing some longer events, leaving my ps3 running in another room while I do something else to cut down on boredom.

I guess I'm pushing Bob too hard and he could do with more experience before I throw him into the endurance races.

Thanks for the reminder Neo_Xsendra.
 
I was curious.
Happens to everyone dude. Just count to ten next time - strangely enough i think it works, for a while.

1 Mini Cooper, 2 Mini Cooper, 3 Mini Cooper, 4 Mini Cooper, 5 Mini Cooper, 6 Mini Cooper, 7 Mini Cooper, 8 Mini Cooper, 9 Mini Cooper, 10 Mini Cooper :P
 
LOL WHAT!?

Wait until you try the Formula GT and NASCAR in B-spec, you will throw your PS3 not just the controller.
 
In general yes but sometimes when you have a low-level Bob he does seem to perform rather strangely and no telling him will alter it.
For example (this happened to me) he crashes on one corner of the London track, and reverses and spins for minutes in all directions despite me instructing him to slow down way before that corner.
After repeatingly telling him to slow down he eventually carries on (in last place) to repeat the exact same thing a lap later, although instead of throwing my controller through the room I just laughed.

Ah, the point of insanity. Been there, too. :p


I actually laugh at myself for how agitated and annoyed I was getting with Bob in the early levels. Now, some of the challenges have really annoyed me, but that's because I can't physically maintain any kind of consistency. The latest batch of seasonal events has helped me there, though...
 
Back